For a newcomer to this series, is it better to start with Kiwami or 0? I grabbed both

For a newcomer to this series, is it better to start with Kiwami or 0? I grabbed both.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc
youtu.be/fIJva5KExFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Zero, it'll get you more hype about the rest of the series.

Kiwami is pretty much one of those remakes that reference the prequel a decent bunch, so go for 0

1 on PS2

tpbp

0 is the best game in the series. Play it first, you’ll like seeing the characters pop back up in Kiwani

1 on ps2, but if you're on ps4 only, start with 0

0 for sure

0 then stop playing.

It’s better to start with release order, but please start with 0 otherwise.

Objectively, release order.

Since 1 on the PS2 will be your starting point and you won't notice some of the lack of mechanics introduced in the later games. Plus, the first and second game on PS2 has an amazing atmosphere.

Go at Kenzan and Inshin whenever, since they aren't totally tied to the main story at all. Dead Souls when you're just itching for more Yakuza I guess.

Play 0 and then kill yourself since none of the Yakuza games are half as good as 0.

0 is definitely the better game, but Kiwami has more challenging combat that demands you to switch up styles and combo's frequently.

Kiwami was pretty much made for people who started with 0. So get Kiwami.

If you have them both obviously start with 0 because it takes place before Kiwami.

Kiryu for Tekken 7 when

Can I start with 4 and 5? I got them with PS Plus way back and never really touched them

I know man, i know... also, Asuka in Yakuza Osaka beating up thugs mode when?

6 is gonna drop in 2 months best to start with that. After 6 play peace walker and then you can go through the entire Yakuza series in whatever order you want

I played both kiwami and kiwami 2 without ever playing 0.
did I goofed?

>Yakuza 6
do I need to beat Takeshi's Challenge first?

Kinda yeah.

Only if you're autistic.
Newcomers can start on Zero.
Im saying this as someone who bought 1 at launch.

brb giving myself a aneurysm so I can make things right.

I hope it's not too late to start 0

I did the same as you senpai, start with 0. It's fucking crazy good, I'm playing Kiwami now, and a lot of the things that happen in it are way better because I played 0.

Yeah I started with 0, I've got Kiwami too but figured things would be better to play in order

KIRYU-CHAN!

>Only if you're autistic.
>where do you think we are.bmp

0 has a very long progression system using $ to level. Kiwami uses the XP system and you will level faster. I like this as a mechanic and lore wise as Kiryu goes to jail and gets rusty but then quickly rebuilds his skills.

Quick question. I played 0, I am going through Kiwami now, still loving it. I wanna play all of the games now, should I wait for Kiwami 2, or play 2 on the PS2?

Also, will I ever get to play multiple characters in a game again, or is it all just Kiryu from here on out? I loved playing as Majima in 0.

This is a Goro thread now.

LAUGH YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER

I started with 4 and survived. If you do, definitely watch the summaries for the first three games in the "Reminisce" main menu option.

Ideally, though, you should just play the first games before, or at least catch up later.

4 and 5 have multiple characters

Wait for Kiwami 2 and get 6. Yakuza 4,5 and Dead Souls have 4 characters. I'm planning on getting 4 to play on my friends ps3, it's a really great story.

>should I wait for Kiwami 2, or play 2 on the PS2?
Since Kiwami 2 acutally has the most memorable substory line cut, the PS2 original may actually be better. Especially if you have a PC capable of emulating anyway.

>will I ever get to play multiple characters in a game again
4 and 5 have a variety of playable characters.

Cool, thanks.

Sweet, emulating should be no issue.

It's just Kiryu up until 3, but Yakuza 4 has you playing as 4 different protagonists while 5 has you playing as 5 characters. Sadly you don't get to play as Majima in either of them, although he's playable in the kind of shitty zombie spin-off, and he has his own mini-story in Kiwami 2.

I dunno if this is useful anymore

so I should probably start with 0, then Kiwami 1 and 2 and then 3, 4, and 5?

Much appreciated user.

If that's an option, it would be better than starting with 4, yes. Keep in mind that Kiwami 2 wasn't even announced for a localisation yet, so we don't know when that will happen. Might be worth it to play on emulator, though it will inevitably feel very clunky. Didn't bother me, personally, but might bother you.

Nah you've got to beat your meat then you'll be all prepped.

I wonder what the chances of a Takeshi's Challenge reference in Yakuza 6 is

>both games have yakuza characters
>both games are fucking terrible
All I could find.

>hate wubby shit
>actually like the remix of Arase's theme Kiwami has
what's happening to me?

When are we getting Dead Souls Kiwami?

When Pla ystation 5 comes out

Fix the framerate issues and have the option to fight barehanded in there and I'd be down for it actually.

Hopefully never ever

You know who deserved more time in the spotlight?

Hannya Man, he seemed like a cool dude but we don't get enough of him

>killed by a chink
>let's use this nerd who barely interacts with kiryu as the final boss
LOL

What a waste of this weird-faced cunt.

More importantly:
When will we get the Yakuza of the North Star game?

Nani!

start with the first game, you fucking nu-Sup Forums reddit shitter.

Start with Kiwami, ignore the retards telling you to play 0. 0 is all about throwbacks to the other games and assumes you've played them because of that, and it also spoils events from the other games.

Paper pushing bookworms who are secretly buff masterminds has been one of the main tropes in the series since Mine.

>and it also spoils events from the other games
Aside from Majima having a brother called Saejima, which is revealed at the very beginning of Saejima's chapter in 4 anyway and isn't an important factor outside of Saejima's own story, no not really. Kiwami itself was intended to be played after 0 hence most of the changes to it from 1 being characters randomly mentioning or referencing shit from 0 all throughout the game.

>retards still think 0 was made for the newcomers when it was meant to be a loveletter to older fans

Why not both.

Mine worked as a final boss tho. It was either gonna be Wesker or Mine. Aizawa was terrible, Shibusawa was terrible. They do the same thing in 6 too, it fucking sucks. You're not clever anymore.

>is all about throwbacks to the other games
but they all do this. Including Kiwami, which doesn't just refer to 0 but points towards the other games too (like Date & Kiryu's conversation about how Date thinks Kiryu will end up being a taxi driver someday and Kiryu thinks Date will end up being a journalist some day, goofy stuff like that)

3 bothered to portray Mine as being strong well before you fight him at least. 5's final boss wasn't really a paper-pushing bookworm either.

Because idiots keep saying 0 was made for the newcomers when it wasn't. Yes, it works a standalone story but they obviously had their main audience in mind when making this story ala the references in sidequests, main cast characters reminding you of the older characters etc.
The devs went with the 0 narrative because they knew they could make money by remaking the earlier games.

True, although Mine's strength doesn't become obvious until around 3/4 of the way through the story. Aizawa was just a meathead who was lucky enough to be the son of the guy who was actually pulling the strings.

Neither, this series is only played by chuuni weeaboos who love to make up "and everyone clapped" stories online.

>play Y2
>a lot of the substories tell you to play the minigames a number of times before they unlock
>end up just being a rival player who you beat and get a minute amount of experience for
Some things I don't miss.

More importantly when will we get the Yakuza: Diamond is Unbreakable game?

Just because it has references to the other games doesn't meant it can't be a good starting point for newcomers. They're a neat bonus for old fans sure, but it's not like it's a major detriment for those who don't get it.

>being an elitautist

>uses the word chuuni
>uses weeaboo as an insult
i've got some bad news for you user

More importantly, when will we be getting the Yakuza: Kamen Rider W (仮面ライダーW(ダブル), Kamen Raidā Daburu) game?

get 0. you'll appreciate 0 more when you play kiwami.

I emulated 1, loved it aside from random thugs, then about a month ago 1 year later after playing 1, i started 2 and almost cried when i saw kamurocho, never felt so nostalgic before, not even with childhood games

Yakuza (Mafia): Vento Aureo would make more sense tbqh

Kazama Shintaro game with Binary Domain-style gameplay when?

Yes, I know. You can start with 0 but you won't appreciate the game fully because of all the references you'll miss out on. It's just like starting with MGS3, you CAN start it because it's a prequel but you're gonna miss out on references and not appreciate the game fully. Yakuza 0 was made for newcomers just like how MGS3 was made for newcomers.

Moralfag protagonists, they don't kill outside of gameplay. You can't have actual assassins as your protagonist in a series like this.

Can you understand them if you play Kiwami?

>they don't kill outside of gameplay
b-but those car chase segments happened within the story though

I'd go with release order.

I think if I played 0 before any of the other PS3 entries I wouldn't like them at all, because they're all much worse.

>they don't kill outside of gameplay

>muh wolves

Here we go

Who says Kiryu actually shot them? Maybe he shot out the wheels. Again, this was gameplay. I'd love to play as Kazama but Nagoshi is a pussy and won't do it.

He's really cool but I feel like the devs would fuck him up if they made him a protagonist.

youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

I don't get it

Except he's got a point, Part 5 would make more sense for a Yakuza game since it's more gang oriented. Wolf shitposter would just say wolf ga gotoku in italy.

Everything but the music is substantially worse on PS2.

>Kiwami or 0? I grabbed both.
I grabbed both too, got half way through zero and regretted buying them. While the story is serious and the combat is fun, everything else is pure shit tier and the loading screen and score screen at the beginning and ending of EVERY little battle makes me avoid enemies rather than fight. It's a shit tier weeb trash series imo.
I will pick up zero again and manage to finish it

the waiter was part of the front.

And? you wouldn't know any better. And yeah OST's great youtu.be/fIJva5KExFA

Man that second-to-last boss for Kiwami was just so frustrating, it was already enough to fight those 2 bodyguard guys who shoot you, but you also have the big bad guy throwing grenades at you. I really had 0 fun in that fight and it didn't even feel like an accomplishment when I beat it.

I did enjoy the fight afterwards though a whole bunch, so that more than made up for it.

I'm talking strictly 1 on PS2 compared to Kiwami. It's stupid to say 1 was better in any measure.

>no one made an undub of the first game in all this time

Rush style feels so fucking good. Bust out a three to four punch combo, then alternate between weaving and throwing one punch while the enemy misses his entire combo. You deal zero damage, but it looks so great.