Had there ever been another game with such a sharp contrast in tone between a game and a sequl more than 1 and 2 of pic...

Had there ever been another game with such a sharp contrast in tone between a game and a sequl more than 1 and 2 of pic related?

Conker's Pocket Tales vs Conker's Bad Fur Day

I've never played them. Can someone give me a quick rundown?

>Jak & Daxter
> Fun, quirky fantasy-themed collectathon platformer with interesting level and character design

> Jak II and III
> Extremely edgy, angsty third-person shooter + driving game, almost like GTA for kids.

mickey mouse turns into sasuke uchiha

Prince of Persia Sand of Time and Warrior Within. WW went full edge and added gore, swearing and nu metal. It was still a pretty decent game though.

>be me, 10 yrs old
>play the hell out of Jak n Daxter
>loved it
>2 yrs later
>get Jak 2
>holyshit.jpg
>Jak speaks, the world is a dystopian dictatorship
>bad ass guns, tons of vehicles, hoverboard, fucking police system
>interesting story, characters, setting
>manages to improve on many aspects of prequel but be totally unique and new at the same time
It was truly a time to live. Jak 3 was dope too, but the difference between Jak 1 and 2 made them that much more memorable.

surprisingly accurate

Is it possible to like both Jak 1 and 2? 2 is probably my favourite game in the series despite being more of a pure platforming nut myself. Something about the way the first game was designed didn't sit right with me. It felt a bit rushed and rewarded the player far too often for the simplest of tasks to the point where it can be beaten 100% by even the most average player in at most a day or two.
For example in the swamp level there's a task where you have to destroy a blimp by detaching the four rock anchors holding it down. For every individual rock you get a Power Cell when you really should have just got the one for all of them. Hell, the game just flat out gives you Power Cells if you're even slightly diligent at collecting the Precursor Orbs with every NPC going fuck it here's one for a few measly Power Cells. I can understand people's attachment to it and frustration about what the rest of the series became but it did feel very underdeveloped to me. There were far too few areas in the game which forced them to cram as much crap as they could into them hence the ease of most of the tasks to get Power Cells.

a few measly Precursor Orbs, sorry.

I liked Jak 1 a lot. I'm currently playing through II and think it's pretty enjoyable but very punishing at times. The sparsity of the checkpoints and health drops during missions and the character-revelative aiming can be pretty frustrating. Also, I find the side missions pretty much undoable.
The NYFE races in particular are absolutely baffling for me. I did my best to stay ahead of the competition and at the end of the 5 laps I was informed I was 20 seconds too slow to even get the bronze.

Getting all of the Precursor Orbs in 2 and 3 is absolutely ridiculous. A lot of the tasks are really difficult, the maps are fucking huge especially in 3 which makes it an almost impossible task to keep track of whatever you've already collected and in 2 there are several that are missable in areas toward the end of the game which the game itself absolutely does not give you any indication of or how many there are to collect in the missable area unless you've collected them all prior or something. The only reason the Platinum rates for 2 and 3 are so high is because most people abused the Orb glitch to get them like massive casuals. I can guarantee if that glitch wasn't there you'd probably be looking at a sub-5% Platinum rate for both of them. Jak 2 is already a hard enough game to finish as well.

Beyong Good and Evil, i suppose

I don't really care about the orbs themselves, I'm just wondering why about half of the side content would be beyond the skill-level of a ten-year-old kid, let alone that of a NEET adult.
Also, fuck the water slums.

>Both Sly and Ratchet get PS3 sequels along with the trilogy remasters
>Jak remains in remaster hell
Jak 4 when?

Never.
Naughty Dog doesn't want to do it yet they still won't give up the rights and let someone else handle it. Too invested in their smart games for smart gamers credo currently. Surely there is SOMEONE in the company who wants to give it another crack, though. The Last of Us (which I got bored with before Ellie even appeared) came to be because they wanted to do Jak 4 yet couldn't make it for kids or something because that's too constricting. Better make a generic zombie game where they can say shit and fuck instead, that's so much more liberating.

The story took my ass for a ride. I never would have guessed what would happen all the way til the end. I'm gonna replay this series

>Generic zombie story
>Dropped Last of Us before Ellie showed up (about an hour or less)
Yeah ok

Don't even mind the tonal shift just wish they gave Jak a different voice than Edgy McGruffgrumble

Could have been worse

Naruto & Pikachu solve the mystery of the lost car keys that belong to Owen Wilson. For II and III see

Never. Naughty Dog are too busy making linear cinematic experiences which are DEEP and ARTISTIC and BOLD.

I was going to mention Pandemonium, but this is a better example.

>Sly Tit
>Ratchet remake/movie
>Parappa remaster
>LBP3
>GoW and MediEvil remake expected to suck
PlayStation All Stars was not only a graveyard for dead franchises, but cursed those who tried to come back to life, besides Uncharted and Gravity Rush

Mate....

>tfw I got stuck at the blimp as a child because I had no idea wtf a "tether" was

>Naughty Dog doesn't want to do it yet they still won't give up the rights and let someone else handle it.
The lost Frontier exists

Its shit

Be careful what you wish for.

Wish I had a PS4 and the remaster bundle. I still own the trilogy for PS2 though, I might just dust that old bitch off tonight.

I wasn't specific enough: it was more about being in spin off hell, than just the psmove

Bottom row, 3rd from the right is honestly great. The rest are shit.

This is wrong. Jak 2 takes place in an open world that has zoomers (flying cars) you can steal, with upgradable guns that give you added firepower for enemy encounters. The open world serves as a means of accepting missions that takr you to parts outside of the city for more linear levels, encounters, bosses. Effective combat has you using a mix of melee and gun combos, not making this strictly a third person shooter.
Jak 2 has:
>Platforming
>Puzzles
>Racing
>Sexy girls
>Collecting
People on Sup Forums complain about the game being too edgy, but that's because they're pussies that can't handle an understandable shift in tone. Jak was captured and tortured for 2 (3?) Years, getting pumped with dark eco (a dark energy that would kill you in the first game). Jak takes on a new dark form, and I guess it scared people. For how pissed and hellbent on revenge he was against his torturer, Jak actually maintained a level head throughout the story. He helped the city more than anyone else was in such a short amount of time, doing favors for a resistance group and taking on nasty jobs no one else would do (except for uncle sig). He embraces some darkness in 2, but it serves as a good predecessor to Jak 3, where Jak strikes a balance and learns to use light eco to take on another form. My favorite part from jak 2 was the trials of mar. Also, hoverboarding around the haven forest

the more fleshed out version of Daxter here looks really fucking good. 1st and bottom row look amazing. I don't get why they ditched this. They were very obviously getting somewhere with Jak 4 but some asshole probably didn't like seeing it finally getting figured out.

Garbage port on PS4

Final Fantasy X to X-2. Same setting just 2 years removed. Suddenly goes from somber religious culture living in fear of a mass murdering colossus and government corruption

...to a bunch of girls collecting magical outfits and singing pop songs while recruiting a bunch of ridiculous looking faction leaders to stop an angry ghost man from firing a giant cannon that looks like a robot elephant.