Huge as fuck city

>huge as fuck city
>no content in it
>nothing to discover
>no activities other than generic Assassin's Creed tier fucking fist fights and card games
>can't interact with any NPCs
>can't attack neutral NPCs
>can't enter 99% of the buildings
>everything is lifeless and dull once you look past the visual candy

I fucking hate modern AAA games

bump

Name one non-modern game that let you do all that you cuck

I agree, Skyrims cities were much better. Buy Skyrim everybody.

runescape

So you'd rather have a small ass city then? I can't think of any non-modern AAA games that let you all did that in a city that size. A 'city' was 5 buildings.

>>I fucking hate modern AAA games

Which not-modern AAA games have none of the problems you listed at all?

runescape is the best game ever created, so please dont compare other games to it. playing osrs now

>everything is lifeless and dull
>no content
Fuck you stupid faggot you have like 4 fucking subplots and character arcs worth of quests to do in this place. Also while many consider it to be the worst part of the game the main plot here revolves around juggling conflicting interest of various rival gangs and dealing with the magic users being treated like shit.
This place actually feels like a complete different location and map from the velen swamps like you actually traveled enough distance and not many game worlds achieve that. At the same time it manages to feel mysterious with all the murders and shit going on.

Skyrim's cities are shit in comparison. Oblivion's imperial city and morrowind's Vivec are much more like it

Did you forget the 10 hours worth of quest in Novigrad alone?

>nothing to discover
Plenty of side quests and loot to be found when exploring
>no activities other than generic Assassin's Creed tier fucking fist fights and card games
What do you want to Do? Fishing? More hookers?
>can't interact with any NPCs
Indeed most are generic outside of side quests.
>can't attack neutral NPCs
Why would You? You're a witcher, not a thug.
>can't enter 99% of the buildings
More like 90%. Again why would you want to explore every building? Just like irl, most would be boring and a waste of time. This isn't TES.
>everything is lifeless and dull once you look past the visual candy
Well, that's just like you're opinion man. You should probably go back to Skyrim, friendo

>Welcome to Emperorsville,the largest city in the empire, the home of the Emperor
>It consists of 6 houses,the emperors Palace and the mages guild
Tbqh I liked the way Witcher did cities

>hurrr durrr how can there be shit games if everything is shit
>cuck
burn in hell, all of you

Medallion's humming... Bait thread, gotta be.

Not an argument. Name one non-modern game that can do all that, please.

fuck you novigrad is comfy

>witcher fags can't accept that their game would've just been another skyrim if it wasn't for the characters and story
you faggots are too attached to the story aspect of games.
you faggots ruined gameplay

Gothic 2

Novigrad doesn't even have 10% of all the content there is in Khorinis despite being 10x as large

oh man this is good

>X would be shit if it wasn't for the good parts
Yes?

in retrospect the game world's complete lack of interactivity was probably the game's biggest blemish (other than the combat not being deep and varied enough for 100 hours of gameplay)

>not an argument
yes it fucking is you fucking idiot.
i can't name a game that has all that but that doesn't mean that this should be acceptable.
witcher doesn't deserve the credit it gets, if you want to make an open world game then do it good, with exploration and shit and stuff to discover.
you are saying that a fighting game can be good if it has good story mode but shit gameplay, that's what the witcher is, an open world rpg where the open world is a fucking filer with no substance to it. i can ignore the shitty witcher combat but at least the it worthwhile to travel on foot and not use fast travel all the time.

These are for you

>video game
>only good parts are the story
everything else would've been to gamey for you, i suppose

You absolute 0 about game design.
Every in a game has to have a purpose. What would be the purpose of opening random houses.
>>MUH IMMERSION
If you aren't immersed by this point - you wont be with operable doors.

And yes, you are a a soiboi cuck

Khorinis from Gothic 2 is 10x smaller than Novigrad

Unique NPCs in Khorinis: 89
Unique NPCs in Novigrad: 38 (this also includes NPCs that do nothing but just sell items)

Unique items to find scattered throughout Khorinis: Easily over 100
Items to find scattered throughout Novigrad: 0 (not counting useless crafting trash loot)

I wish these games had more random events that would happen in a city, but not copy pasted shit like "Emergent AI". Maybe just small events, like arguments in a pub or a law being decreed by a statesman and his guards and the people around them getting angry, maybe a beggar getting harrassed and yo can choose to save him and he gives you some valuable info. I think little moments like that could give a game a nd it's cities and town some fucking weight, instead of having npcs mindlessly carrying a box of fruit from one place to another.

>Unique items to find scattered throughout Khorinis: Easily over 100

Whoa dude calm down. I mean, G2 is a great game and Khorinis is a great city but you don't have to lie.

>trying to be witty
>get utterly BTFO

Good show.

tl:dr MY OPINION IS FACT
It's cool that you don't like the game. That's completely fine. If you think other games are better than, that's cool too. Go make threads about those games. All you people do is shit up the catalog. You're not saying anything more notable or worthwhile than the literal thousands before you.

HUGE as fuck city with amazing vertical design instead of the expansive flat field meme
Most of the content is in the city
Lots to discover, tons of nooks and crannies
Treasure hunts, races and other challenges, photo sharing, another type of treasure hunt, side quests, at some points in the game random enemy encounters.
Can gesture and have NPCs respond or react to it
Can throw NPCs into the endless abyss
Can't enter 100% of the buildings
City is vibrant and feels alive due to in part a combination of good NPCs and lots of physics
Movement abilities are fun as fuck and I return to the game even with no content left as a result

6/7 aint bad.

>patting yourself on the back

morrowind

>game focused on one city

vs.

>game including multiple city's plus a huge open world.

hmm., something dosen't add up...

Oxenfurt is even worse until the expansion.

>Most of the content is in the city
Yeah, that's the point. What's a game that has a huge open world AND also does the cities right?
The answer is none of them, because W3 is the best we got, so far.

In real life it's the same.

You must be ugly IRL

>i can't name a game that has all that but that doesn't mean that this should be acceptable
dream on, dreamer
maybe one day your sheer compaints will make them reality

>phoneposting

You just keep digging deeper don't you.

>A manageable sized open world where you can actually do a good job with each individual part of the size meme when you don't even have a totally connected open world
Ahahahahahaha

I mean come on, if it was all on one map MAYBE you'd have more of a case for yourself.

>bashing on The fucking Witcher 3 of all games
I know we like to act contrarian on this board by hating on popular games, but I think we just went too far. Wild Hunt is the greatest game of all time and it will remain that way for the rest of time.

EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME

PHONEPOSTER
B E G O N E

You can’t really enter most buildings in cities IRL. People do this thing where they lock their doors...

But you have the option of smashing their windows or kicking their door in

It definitely has flaws but i agree that it's the best open world game we've had in a long time

>muh "entering in building with nothing in it except for a nightstand with a book and onions in it" is content

Skyrims biggest city was like 12 buildings.

okay, this is gettin kinda sad now

>Shitposts
>No one gives a shit so he has to bump it
Jesus Christ, go outside, get some fresh air or something you're wasting your life.

This guy gets it .

medallion's humming
thread's made by a tadger in a Drowner costume
it's gotta be

watch dogs 2

I don't bother with retards is all.

Good way to get locked up. Also, Geralt isn’t a crook.

every modern open world game has more interactivity and emergent gameplay than Witcher 3.

Every single thing in that game is heavily scripted

I'm in Novigard right now and the only thing I dislike about it is the fact that its so hard to get out of. Besides that, games fun.

Final Fantasy Seven was the greatest game that was ever made or is possible to be made. Everything else is second place. Don't get me wrong I love the Witcher 3 but Sephiroth would rape Eredin into the dirt then use his genetics to create a sock puppet. Cloud would let rip on Geralt with Fire 3, which pisses all over the weak ass Igni. Wall shits on Quen. Or he could just sneak attack ---> KOTR and Geralt wouldn't even have time to pass a dry remark. You can't beat FFVII. So don't even try. Witcher can be no.2

Cut Novigrad Content:

>Síle de Tansarville would have survived being tortured and accompanied Margarita during the final portions of the game.
>A model for Iorveth was worked on and he was set to appear in Novigrad, along with other Scoia'tael.
>The Wild Hunt would have used their magic to freeze part of Novigrad's bay, creating a giant ice floe. They were also going to attack central Novigrad. This was supposed to happen after the attack on Kaer Morhen. It's safe to say that this was replaced with the events on Skellige. There was also work being done on a destroyed main square in Novigrad, perhaps remnants of when the Wild hunt was supposed to attack there.
>The fight between the Nilfgaardian ships, the Skellige fleet, and the Wild Hunt's flagship, Naglfar, would have occurred in Novigrad.
>Rather than taking place in Skellige, the battle between Ciri and Caranthir would have involved Ciri skating around on this destructible floe, dodging the mage's spells as he tore apart the ice around her.
>Likewise, the battle between Geralt and Caranthir would have happened here, including the portion where Caranthir teleports Geralt to the ocean depths.
>Ciri would have escaped from Naglfar on a ship.
>Aside from the names mentioned above, characters present for this sequence would have included Triss, Yennefer, Philippa Eilhart, Síle de Tansarville, Margarita Laux-Antille, Fringilla Vigo, Keira Metz, Radovid, Zoltan, Dandelion, Donar an Hindar, Crach an Craite, Hjalmar, Avallac'h and Eredin.

But we got huge battles on ice floes, they just weren't in the novigrad bay. So other than the battle in novigrad itself we didn't miss out on much.

I just wish half the signs weren't useless.

And the alchemy, it had an actual use in Witcher 1 but they decided to make it useless in the sequels for some reason.

Alchemy is great! You make a potion once, then never have to make it again. Then you get so many fucking potions in your potion list this just a table of a bunch of images of potions, instead of a text list, so that you have no idea which potion is which and you have to hover over every single one every time you want to find the one you need!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the system.
It immerses you in the game and gives you the real feeling of rummaging through a potion bag trying to find the one you need.

Been curiously reading this retarded arguement become even more retarded but now have to ask: what's wrong with phone posting? Clover user here.

there was tons of content in this city, i thought it was great.

i dont know why you think its so great to stab random people compared to getting involved in COUNTLESS well written quests to interact with the local culture and characters.

you are probably a teenager, or some other age that makes you a fucking noob bitch.

Would have been much cooler if it took place in novigrad tho.

>following red footprints and cutscenes is good "content"
>calling other people teenagers

back to neogaf faggot

M8 it's about the playstyle. I've got friends explaining how overpowered yrden is, while others never used anything but quen and aard. Igni can also be great, but you need alot more levels than the main game offers you. Not being able to flesh out all skill trees was a big turnoff and the main reason I want to start a ng+
That being said, alchemy is really overpowered if you get oil recipes and get the good decocticons and potions.

>modern

This

Lol

What would you do to spice the combat up? I agree its bland but what actually could be done to make it more interesting?

fuck Skellige. didn't add anything to the game besides the drug trip quest in that cave.

i like how they put the blacksmith right beside the entrance. its like they knew they made shitty cities and wanted to make visits to them as quick as possible.

suck me bitch, the red footprints complaint is just playing pretend compared to the content of the quests

"city"

the "content" of the quests in Witcher 3 is literally only cutscenes

Fucking this

It's like you didn't play the game. Take the story away and what's left? Exploration with good enough combat. Combat could definitely be a lot better, but what's so bad about the exploration? The arguement seems to have moved on from just novigrad and is now talking about the witcher 3 world as a whole in terms of exploration immersion. So what would you add/remove to make the exploration aspect better?

Unironically BoTW

Following a GPS is not exploring. Exploring means fucking discovering stuff on your own

Then even if you disable all the minimap stuff, the exploring in TW3 is trash because the loot you find is leveled and it's all just Assassin's Creed tier useless trash used for useless crafting

hhahaha you know thats bullshit

meanwhile 5 years after this masterpiece, on the same year witcher 3 was released

What else does it have to offer other than cutscenes and dialogues?

>fuckhueg eyecandy city where there's fuckall to do
versus
>small town where everything is handcrafted and meaningful

well, Sup Forums?

I do agree with you there. However, I actually did find stuff that was never on the map at all, even after reading all the villages' postboards. It wasnt much and it was basically the same shit you'd find through ?'s on the map but it's worth mentioning. Also, you didnt really answer my question. What would you do to make the exploration of the witcher 3 better?

why not a huge handcrafted city?

Why is it only one or another?

Why are the devs such fucking lazy scum?

>jump from first story building
>die
I fucking hate this game

the investigations, the combat, the combat preparation, desu even the card game was remarkably good.

asking "what else does it have to offer other than cut scenes and dialogues?" is a stupid fucking question anyway. if you want a good story, those are fine mechanisms to reveal a good story

You are talking about videogames. They don't offer you anything, it's just a fucking hobby, a mean to waste some time

because in the real world time, money and work-hours are not infinite

Best game of all time? Nah. Best openworld game? By far.

ELEX

Your opinions are one thing. But your arguements for your opinions are retarded. Nice troll post loser.

Late 2011 for skyrim and early 2015 for witcher 3

Something about "after 5 years" doesnt add up

Decrease the world size in half

Get rid of minimap and POIs completely

Scatter unique items around the world to discover that aren't leveled. So at lvl 1 you can find a very powerful armor if you search in the right spot. That way you never know what you might find behind the next hill, you can always get surprised.

Make money actually matter and not be useless as fuck, then finding money and valuable items you can sell for money will become meaningful and rewarding

Add more dungeons, caves, crypts, chests around the world, all unmarked and with useful shit in them instead of useless alchemy ingredients for useless alchemy.

This alone would make TW3 100 times more enjoyable, and there are MANY other ways to create amazing exploration in an open world game, but it can't be done due to TW3 being limited and not having any stats and limited RPG mechanics - no lockpicking, sneaking, etc and the fact that you can't do anything that would not match what's in the books

>no content in it
aside from about 20 hours of quests? yup no content in it

yeah, it's been 4 years between skyrim and f4
my brainfart