Final Fantasy 7-15 survey

What is your favorite main title Final Fantasy game, between 7 and 15? I’m doing this survey for a class, I had to shorten my list of options because 15 is too many so I thought 7-15 was acceptable. My vote is with 9.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Hh3cn5xnto
youtube.com/watch?v=g8BvaVNiTHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

7, rest is gutter trash.

10>12>7>8>11>14>15>13
I haven't played 9

15 > 12 > 9 > 7 > 8 >>>>> 10

Did you do this specifically to not allow VI to make a sweep?
Anyways. 7 > 10 > 10-2 > 9 > 15 > 12 > 14 > 11 > 13-2 > 13 -3 > 13

9 then 8 then 10, then 13, then the whole universe and everything in it, then 15. haven't played 12 and the others are mmos.

8>12>15>9>7>10

OP, when you're taking a poll you aren't supposed to tell people what your choice is. That can affect the way they vote.

7>12>9>10>8 haven't played 13 and 15

this really.

7 good
8 edgy
9 meh and forgettable
10 tidus is a retard, auron is ok
10-2 and simmilar: tiddies the game
11 ? was there one?
12 vaan is retarded, penelo is for sex, balthier should have been MC.

13+ never played. isnt that mostly mmo shit?

Split between 7 and 9. But storywise I remember about 7 a lot more but really love some game mechanics in 9 like the chocograph and the equipment/accesories mechanic and I love the setting/world in 9 over midgar/gaia. Fuck, shit, I'll go with 9, OP.

7 > 10 = 9 > 12 >>> 10-2 >>> 13 > 8
I haven't played the MMOs.

7 Great
8 Fun
9 Fun
10 Should die in a fire, haven't played any FF since.

Final Fantasy is a soulless, boring, generic, unoriginal franchise now OP,which is ironic considering it's name.
At least the graphics are always really pwetty.

13-3 was fun but had a bad story.

7+ ranking: 7 > 10 > 9 > 12 > 8 > 10-2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 15 > 13. Didn't play the others.
1-6 ranking: 5 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2.
Combined ranking because fuck it: 7 = 5 > 4 > 10 > 6 > 9 > 12 > 8 > 1 > 10-2 > 3 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 15 > 13.

>7
okay
>8
trash
>9
trash
>10
trash
>11
mmo shit
>12
offline mmo shit
>13
shit
>13-2
actually ok
>LR 13
shit
>14
mmo shit
>15
fan fic garbage

8>7>10>14=11>15>9>13

Forgot XII.

After XV

A back alley abortion produces more positive residue than the miserable game Tabata spawned.

Nah

7 is a good and a breath of fresh air for the series, at the time
8 is trash
9 is good, and nostalgic
10 is trash
10-2 is better than 10 and 8 by far, but as a brain dead silly romp of pure fun and fanservice
11 is shit and an mmo which makes it even more shit
12 is good
12 zodiac is even better
13 is trash
13-2 is actually decent serah/noel were drastically better protagonists than anything in 13 everything is better but the story is all over the place and sort of balls but even at its worst its better than 13 10 or 8
Lightning Returns 13 is pure trash the combat system doesnt save the fact that everything else is fucking terrible
14 is an mmo.
15 is decent at places, but the constant updates have improved a lot of the lacking areas (though not all, some core issues are still present), and the dlcs are actually pretty neat so far. not sure how i feel about the multiplayer but it didnt cause instantaneous hatred like the mmo combat in 11 and 14 so thats something.

at least a back alley abortion typically produces a dead nigger

10 > 7 > 12 > 8 > 13 > 15

> so much hate on FFX
Ok pic related and the chocobo and balloons thing were bullshit, but it's a very fun game with better lore than most FF.

12 > 9 > 7 > 15 with updates and DLC > 8 > 15 without updates > 10 > 13

Always happy to see people acknowledging 10 for the overrated garbage that it truly is.

7 is the only good FF game. Al the rest are anime weeb trash.

It has its flaws, but don't you like the best battle system?

No amount of DLC's or updates will make this game good when the core is rotten. The combat philosophy of Tabata is a joke, the animations are kinda shit and no attack feels like it has any crunch or slash when it hits enemies, the story is an incoherent mess, entire areas that were teased as areas to explore never ended up being that (looking at you Tenebrae) and the environment is flat and fucking bland with virtually no vertical design.

8>9>7>>15>10>

>i-it's not fun!!
>a-also there's not enough of it!!
So you want to not have fun longer or what? I want more of it but then I think it's fun.

9. Out of the ones you listen I like 10 the least.

This fanbase is always amusing because everybody only really likes one or two games in the series (three at the absolute most) and thinks the rest are trash.

13 > 10 > 9 > 7 > 8. Haven't played the MMO's and or 12 yet.

This is Sup Forums. You can't actually say you like a game or some retard will jump you shouting that you're not allowed to like it

7 and 9 are the only ones I've liked enough to play to completion. I own 4,6,7,8,9,10,12,13. I'm giving 12 another chance right now as I like the gameplay mixup.

I like nearly every game in the series. I think 10 is among the worst and I still think it's a decent game.

8 > 12 > 13 = 10-2 > 10 > 7

never played 9

Assuming MMOs don't really count, but
9, 7, 15, 14, 10, 12, 8, 11 (never played it) 13.

Feels to me like there are 3 different design philosophies in FF. 7-9 use the classic SNES JRPG formula, 10 and 13 are cinematic experiences and 12 and 15 are open world games. Which ones you enjoy depends entirely on what genre you enjoy the most. Can't really argue about genres. Which is why you can't ever argue about FF ranking, it always ends up with people failing to understand how anyone could POSSIBLY like an open world game over a SNES style JRPG or the other way around.

I like all of them up to VIII

I hate everything that isn't 7.

For me, Final Fantasy is never a matter of which one's worst, it's a matter of which one is least good, they're all pretty well-made to varying degrees.
But I don't associate with fandoms because I hate all of them, so what do I know?

I disagree. The combat is fine, outside the need for a few refinements and better sound design to help impacts feel more, well, impactful. I do wish they'd stuck with the initial versus XIII concept of it just being a more polished Kingdom Hearts style combat system, which I actually enjoy quite a bit especially as of A Fragmentary Passage, though even BBS felt pretty good.

The animations in the game, as a general, are actually average to good to some that are even great.

I disagree about the story too, everything made sense up to a point. I would agree if you'd said it fell apart later, but they made that point one of their, "needs fixed" points, and, well, I've already been clear on what I think of the updates and fixes. They're spot on. Yes, it should have been better at launch, but it's a decent game with a decent story now.

I can't comment on the open world stuff, I never really go into FF games looking for open worlds, so the open world not mattering, really, outside of hunts, never really bothered me. I'll agree they limited their vertical design, to take advantage of Noctis' teleport blade, to very few areas in the game, but, given what I look for in an FF I'm not sure it really bothered me all that much that we didn't have Dragon's Dogma or Shadow of the Colossus level verticality. Not that I would have minded such a thing if present, I just mean to say its lack didn't bother me terrible given I was going in with expectations based on mostly turn based, sometimes not, single plane combats from prior games.

Overall I had fun and really enjoyed the characters, story and combat.

You quoted my post, in which I point out six different games as being games I like or love, just from 7-15, not even counting some of my other liked or favorite FFs like FF:Tactics, FFIV, FFV and FFVI.

ART DIRECTION
12 > 13 > 10 > 15 > 8 > 7 > 9
GAMEPLAY
9 > 7 > 8 > 12 > 10 > 15 > 13
CHARACTERS
10 > 7 > 15 > 9 > 13 > 12 > 8
STORY
lol all FF stories are weeb trash

11 > 9 > 7 > 14 > 8 > 10 > 15 > 13 > 12

I actually like all of these, but this is the obvious list of quality in these games.

It's definitely a fun game to explore. I'll be honest, the only reason I kept playing was for the world building. Other than that, the enemy encounters are mostly reskins or are just a similar group that you have to use the same tactics on. Blitzball was cool, but wasn't all that fun when you're stuck to a 2d plane. Rikku best girl.

Yet 10 is my favorite and 13 one of my least, so it still boils down to a lot of other factors.

>11
>top quality
>14
>didnt fail miserably at launch requiring a redesign

Between 7 to 15, I like 10 the most.

7 is fantastic, great characters that all get resolved story arcs. Neat systems.
8 is a bit of a dumpster fire, but I still really like breaking it wide open. It's full of crazy fantasy rpg scenarios and goofy nonsense, so I love those things about it, even if it's not a great game. Great first disc, too.
9 has almost nothing redeeming about it. The characters are all stilted one-note annoyances, battles drag on, character design fluxes between decent to god awful, the plot is a trash dbz rehash with muh final fantasy mixed in. Lots of missed beats, not just in characterization/plot, but also in mechanics--there's a card game that has no rewards and is never explained to you, an equip system that's brainless and just gives you a new piece of gear around when you finish learning the ability off the old one, and a trance system that's sort of just thrown in and is laughable compared to how similar systems worked in previous games. How anyone holds this title in high regards is beyond me.
10 is fucking fantastic. It's not the best at anything that it does, though. Other titles in the franchise have better combat mechanics, or music, or storyline, or sidequests, or characterization, but FFX manages to do all of those things really well and isn't lacking in any one department.
11 is an online one, so I never played it. Heard it kind of sucked, but some people like it.
12 is a bit lame and tedious--so tedious that the remake gave you a goddamn fast forward button. The plot is up its own ass, half the cast is forgettable, and the world is hit and miss. Combat's a chore, gambits are a neat idea but poorly executed.
13 is much better than people give it credit. It absolutely nails its theme and has a really fresh combat system. I like it, but I couldn't replay it.
13-2 improves on 13's already fantastic combat system, but kind of drops the ball on everything else. It's eh.
Never played Lightning Returns or 14.
15's great.

All this shit taste in this thread. Saying X is the best implies autism or really bad taste. Saying VII sucks implies underage and/or contrarian mindset (also autism).

>Great - VII, IX, XII
>Good - X, XI, XIV
>Shit - VIII, XIII, XV

Going to go with 11, purely because I fucking loved it, invested a lot of time with it, everything felt like an adventure, teaming up with others to get the most basic shit done in a hostile world was super comfy, and mostly because Chains of Promathia is to date the best FF story SE ever wrote and has yet to be topped.

>most generic taste possible
I bet you felt really smart posting it.

>calls others out on having shit taste
>ranks 12 under great
Oh the ironing.

X is the best, though, you dumbass. It gets everything right and doesn't fuck anything up, which is more than can be said for any other FF title.

>Says people who like X are autists with bad tastes
>Rates IX and XII as 'great'

wew lad

I think you actually meant every other game in the series, Palpatine, sir.

>10 higher than 12
Stupid Bateman fag

They're legitimate nostalgic manchildren, same shit as Star Wars.
youtube.com/watch?v=1Hh3cn5xnto

This influx of fags who lap up IX's shit but think X is garbage strikes me as a generational shift.

It was the same for 6, where people loved 6 but called 7 garbage. It was the same for 7 where people loved 7 but called 8 garbage.

Now I have to deal with 9 shitters calling 10 garbage and, even worse, 12 shitters calling 13 and 15 trash.

11 had the best community in MMO's.

IX was a game with character, charm, and was modeled after traditional jrpgs. X was a great advancement, but the story was cringey at times due to tidus' horrible voice acting and writing.

>implying 11 isn't miles ahead of the rest in terms of quality
>judging 4.0 and not ARR

You can't play 4.0 now, so im obviously judging ARR

9 is my favorite, then 7. 6 is my second fav but it's not in your poll.

>Doesn't fuck anything up
>Tidus

>MMOs

>Now I have to deal with people having opinions different from my own
Oh... no?

10 desu
I think the story and characters (aside from Auron and probably Jecht) are terrible, but the gameplay and environments are just too good

VIII is actually my very first RPG. Sure most of it is nostalgia but the atmosphere of the game was simply awesome and I enjoyed the little things in it like reading the magazines and tetra master card game.

I hope Squeenix remaster the game aswell once they're done with VII. Want to see Balamb Garden and Balamb in 3D and an open world game :D

This is kind of a weird question, but i want to play XIII and i need to know if the game have a resolved ending or not
Or will i feel obliged to buy the sequels immediately afterward

>canon numeral entries
>nothing you can do about it

I'll agree that IX has charm, but you're out of your mind if you think it's a decent game. ALL of its mechanical systems flounder. It's plot drops important points and characterization on a dime to go to whatever is most dramatic next, but none of it has any weight to it. I know that a lot of people defend all the hot garbage as 'b-but it's supposed to be like old rpgs--those had nonsense plots and trash mechanics, too!' and I don't think that's a defense at all. I hardly see FFIX as the 'return to form' that people try to praise it as, because it's such a far cry from 4, 5, and 6 that it's pathetic.

I don't recall any of the hate for 7 that you reference. People didn't like the draw system in 8, but at the time it was well loved by the community.
The first Final Fantasy I recall any real hate for is 13.

the ending of 13 ends facing the direction of the sequel, so yes.

>doesn't appreciate a good bildungsroman

Your loss, faggot.

I got to the second to last boss and didn't feel obliged to finish it.

It does, but 13-2 is a better game so you should play it too if you play 13. But then 13-2 doesn't have an ending and 13-3 is a pile of shit. So it's up to you

I think some of the discrepancy in taste is attributable to those that grew up playing 2D traditional jrpg's (e.g. FFIV, FFVI, Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire, Suikoden) vs those that joined the fray later (i.e. FFVII or X we're their entry point). This creates a dramatic difference in what players expect from and enjoy in a jrpg. This applies to multiple genres.

I'd be interested to see how much age and/or when anons started gaming factors in to their taste, or lack thereof.

While I do respect everyone's opinion on the matter, I gotta say I respectfully disagree with you entirely. I like the combat system, and I don't know what you're talking about with the dropped plot points. Can you give some examples? I know I'm biased because I think FF9 is excellent but these seem like super generic complaints.

Let me ask you all this:

Let's disregard what the better overall game is, now list the best games from 7>15 in terms of only their OST.

I'll start:

VIII > XIV > VII > XI > XV > IX > X > XIII > XII

I remember people hating 12 too. Wasn't full blown 13 level hate, but low key hate, the way people low key hate 15 now

I actually avoided VIII like the plague because I had such a negative childhood experience with it. I've revisited it several times and I do agree, it has tons of little charming things in it.

There's the dialogue options you get, the optional little stories you can do, tetra master and the whole card-gamer hierarchy there, reading magazines, riding around on trains/cars, Gilgamesh, etc. I love the whole Brothers sidequest and how that dungeon gets offhandedly mentioned and presented to you. It's all really neat stuff.

People whine about 'muh orphanage' and 'lol monsters on the moon gfs make u lose memories' but all that shit is literally either told to you or foreshadowed like fuck early on.

One of my favorite things on a replay is realizing just how much Ellone is trying to reach out to Squall throughout the game. It's neat.

Final Fantasy IX, imo the peak of the series that it will never attain again. Crafted in Hawaii, made of pure comfy. One of the only later games that did not have Nomura heavily involved. Hironobu Sakaguchi's personal favorite and "everything a Final Fantasy should be."

From there I'd rank it VII > IV = VI = V > XII > Tactics > VIII (mainly just 8's soundtrack is nostalgic for me) > III > XV > XIII

7- Good, but I'm over the nostalgia
8- Good, but strange
9- Classically good.
10- Same as 7
11- skipped, didn't have time for.
12- Little too much autopilot, Zodiac looks interesting.
13/13-2/LR- Starts mediocre/pretty, claws its way up each game to become better.
14- First subbed MMO; Really enjoying.
15- Claws its way up each patch/DLC to become better. Might pick it up of the PC version has good modding support.

>Counting MMOs
>XIII that low, and under X at that
Nah.
VIII > XIII > IX > XV > VII > X > XII

Oh, no, there was a whole contrarian FF7 hate movement where people tried to argue it was not a Final Fantasy game at all because of how futuristic it was, despite their golden grail, FF6, being a game that literally opens with you piloting giant robots to attack a steampunk village.

It always bothered me when people complained about X's story, when the older Final Fantasies like FF5 had much stupider stories. Not that I have a huge boner for FFX, it's probably my 5th favorite game in the series.

oh i forgot to include FFX but it would be somewhere in the middle. I didn't care much for the main cast but the game was gorgeous and had a fantastic soundtrack. People praise the combat but it was just normal FF gameplay with a Turn window added on, and some QTE limit breaks

13 has the best mumic in all of fefe history. This my favorite fefe song, don't steal
youtube.com/watch?v=g8BvaVNiTHY

XII is last?! Regardless of Uematsu or not, should not be last. Great music that has an excellent sense of both classical and whimsical and embodies what a FF world should feel like.

7>9>8>13>10>15>12

This picture is awesome and your opinion is immaculate, please continue posting on Sup Forums so that more of the truth may be spread.

>everything a Final Fantasy should be
>looks like a generic fantasy world

XII was a step in a different direction, but that doesn't make it bad. I for one do not want to play the same turn based FF every time and enjoy the variety in gameplay. Whereas, XV, is a blatant cashgrab and an attempt to make new Final Fantasy fans. It's an ok open world game, but supremely misses the mark as a Final Fantasy title.

Why wouldn't you count the MMOs?

They weren't really giant and that village isn't really steampunk though. Nothing's powered by steam, there's just some steam around

It isn't generic. "Traditional" and "generic" are not the same thing.