*ruins your hobby*

*ruins your hobby*

I hate how these autists have become the primary authority on what games are good or not and every reviewer defers to their opinions

>Digital Foundry says this drops to 28fps once every few hours, so 0 out of 10!

Every game that is also on PC is infinitely worse on console how can you not accept this fact. If you dont care about your hobby okay sure play games with shitty performance and 0 settings while jacking off to your exclusive walking simulators.

if the game has bad graphics its a shit game user, everyone knows this

>opinions

>stating facts about video game performance somehow ruins them
You can't be older than 12.

The problem is that they're shit and don't know what they're talking about and then people treat it as fact

The true Sup Forums spergtasm would be "if the game exists its a shit game"

They talk about frame rates. What exactly is it they don't know?

his feelings got hurt, you have to understand

People need to realize that drops unless they go down to single digits won’t actually ruin your experience.

Caring about performance and not enjoying the game
Why do you play if you doesn’t even like games fatso

People take their word as gospel and that's sad.

Resolution and frame rate aren't everything. Had DF always existed than a lot of the best games ever would be overlooked because of their technical specs.

>Digital Foundry says this drops to 28fps once every few hours, so 0 out of 10!
bullshit, if anything Digital Foundry is too lax.
>game drops below 30fps frequently
>it has a few dips but overall the presentation is pretty good
>runs at garbage low resolution
>it's not quite as crisp as we'd like but overall the image holds up pretty good due to the temporal AA

What makes you think they don't know what they're talking about?

Digital Foundry are a bit shit. They flat out lie about some things (even got called out by a dev a month back) and when they don't have a game in their hands they do these useless fuck comparisons with a PC "with the same spec as".

Yeah but a single performance dip and might as well not play it. DF blasted Breath of the Wild for infrequent dips ffs. In an open world handheld game.

>I hate how these autists have become the primary authority on what games are good or not

YOU are the authority on what games are good or not you meme loving retard!

Oh please do enlighten us, since you're so educated on the subjects they don't know anything about.

>DF blasted Breath of the Wild for infrequent dips ffs
>infrequent
nigger at launch it was fucking horrible in docked mode. Even then they loved the game and put it in their end of the year best tech videos.

BotW drops to low double digits in a few places though. It's really inexcusable. Granted, they tend not to be areas where there's combat, so that's really good, but it's surprising to see a game from Nintendo with the kind of frame rate drops this one has.

I must applaud Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo for so effectively mindwashing people that they defend their consoles and accepting absolute dogshit performance for free.
>It's cinematic
must be the absolute shill dream come true.

Forget videogames, just stating facts in general is enough to trigger the fuck out of people.

BoTW was the only game wroth buying a switch for and it ran better on the wii u

Not really, in docked mode they were close but in portable mode the Switch version was always better. As of patch 1.10 or whatever docked mode is also now always better than the Wii U version.

>DF blasted a game for performing poorly
And? That's kind of why their channel exists.

>They flat out lie about some things (even got called out by a dev a month back)
No they don't. They had ONE video where they reported the dynamic scaling on Redout incorrectly, the developer took a fit and threatened to sue them then eventually calmed down when he realized he was sperging out. DF took the video down and re-did the video admitting their mistake and highlighting the dynamic scaler working correctly.

Any other examples of them lying?

>game drops under 90fps
Into the trash it goes.

>it ran better on the wii u
It literally doesn't though?

This desu senpai

Delete this post. I'm supposed to take his post as fact even though he didn't back it up and parrot it in other threads.

> don't know what they're talking
If the frame rate is dropping all over the place along with horrible frame times then there is obviously some kind of problem with optimisation. It doesn't take rocket scientists to work that out.

THE 30FPS FEEL REALLY SMOOTH DUE TO EXCELLENT USE OF MOTION AND VIGNETTE BLUR!!

The women in this picture are you and the scales are DF.

OP, you're a fucking loser for even looking at Digital Foundry
If it bothers you so, just stop going there. The only true and good route is to NEVER go to ANY professional gaming review sites. They're all trash, they all poison the well, most all of them hold interests to have you buy games from specific publishers, etc, etc. And this isn't new, it was like this in the 90s too.
Just fucking stop going.

>don't know what they're talking about
Except for the fact that they do.

>People take their word as gospel
For performance related information, because that's the whole point of the channel. Obviously performance does not speak to the overall quality of a game. You're either retarded or a child.

Except a scale does not determine someones value as a person

Just as FPS does not determine a games vue as entertainment

>hamgalaxies

It's a good thing DF do technical analysis and not reviews then.

I dont watch them, but EVERY game reviewer brings them up now when analyzing a games worth and uses their videos as a metric to judge the game by.

I think their problem is that they only play the beginning of the games they analyze and rarely come back later and cover performance patches.

They're being honest
You just don't like the truth

Can you point me to some of their reviews? I haven't seen any.

That would be fine if they only tested the numbers but they do talk in their videos, that's my problem with them. They frequently use the wrong terminology and only does surface level videos but they can't even do that properly.

Indie reviewers use them too, not just pros

Spawnwave and The Know cant stop mentioning DF

Actually , being fat makes you lose value as a person . Less attractive , less healthy .

>MUH GRAPHICAL FIDELITY
>MUH FRAMERATE
>MUH COMBAT SYSTEMS

8th gen was a mistake.

Can you post an example of them using terminology incorrectly and what they should be using instead?

It's funny because pc gaming is console ports, walking sims, uganda knuckles and assfaggots

>They frequently use the wrong terminology
I'm genuinely asking this. Can you show me a video where they used the wrong terminology and tell me what they should have been saying instead? If they're getting things like this wrong then it's an issue that needs to be called out.

>mfw 99fps
unplayable

You could not have proved his post harder if you tried.

I would bet money your parents are fat

>Resolution and frame rate aren't everything.
It is an objective measurement you can make though. It doesn't fill the whole picture of if a game is good or not but is can still be part of it.
Blame the people who just dismiss everyone off one metric not the people showcasing that metric.

>They frequently use the wrong terminology
When?
>only does surface level videos
When all people watch them for is to see if the performance is good or not or to take a cap of the worst dip to shitpost here does it even matter?

Oh, believe me. I already told them. They deleted my comments. DF is the worst of of youtube channel and I see it all the time. Most analyze channels are complete garbage. I've only seen one but they stopped making videos.

Father is obese , Mother is in a great shape .

>Resolution and frame rate aren't everything.
Then why companies talk about 4k and power when they market their consoles? Are you telling me that that my Xbox One XX and PS4 Pro+ are scam?

So go ahead and post the video you commented on and post the timestamp you want us to look at.

Digital Foundry and PCGAMINGWIKI are godsends. Kys yourself consoletard.

Which video did they remove your comment from? Timestamp the part where they use the wrong terminology.

Are you retarded?

You’re losing them Jim

So you hate your dad user?

Who started framerate autism? Where did it come from?

This.

>MHW drops to 22 FPS in certain areas
GAME IS SHIT, CONSOLE IS BETA TESTING

>Bayo 2 drops to 54 FPS on Switch rather than 36 FPS on Wii U
SHIT PORT, NOT WORTH BUYING

Raw numbers are killing this gen

I wouldn't say hate , I'd say dislike .

Sad about Bayo2 being 720p on switch huh?

I've never even heard of this e-celeb, but then again the one I really blame for ruining vidya is that autistic SJW asscancer faggot and his cult of 60 fps drones who lap up all the stupid shit opinions he has.

people got sick of paying $50+ to play unresponsive powerpoint presentations

I mean 22 fps is unacceptable. Shit's lower than movie framerate.

How is that DF's fault? They even give both MH:W & Bayo 2 switch praise in various areas. If you watch one of those videos and your take away is that it's shit, then maybe you're just a retard.

I don't know the start but in recent times it was fueled by PCmasterrace stuff along with Totalbiscuit and his videos of poor ports.

People have been looking at and complaining about framerates since literally forever. You can find reviews for Amiga ports where people complained about the low framerate.

You know that not everyone with a YouTube channel is an eceleb, right? DF just makes videos about game performance and they don't even put their personal lives out there for people to latch on to like other ecelebs.

Kind of weird it's the same resolution in both modes but I guess the portable mode does run worse

Don't take it so seriously. I like to know if the game runs like ass before I buy it, thus I watch DF.

But I don't let FPS decide if I buy the game or not. I'm still gonna get bayo2 on switch even though it doesn't look stellar in docked mode. And I'm still impressed with Doom, even though it looks like absolute ass compared to PC.

What about early 3d games that didn't even reach 30fps most of the time

>e-celeb
It is more like a spinoff/subcolumn of Eurogamer that does video analysis on performance.

Just yesterday I had an argument with a friend of mine over the original SotC. I showed him this webm and he started screeching how pixelated and choppy the PS2 version is. His favourite game is The Witcher 3 and even though he hasn't stated it explicitly, I've come to the conclusion that he hates 6th gen games and older with a passion.

I'm beginning to think he has ADHD.

I want to you think REALLY HARD about this. If people have been saying this stuff about Amiga games, do you think they would have also done this for other games past that? I remember reading reviews for ports like Tomb Raider where the framerate was better on PS1 than it was on Saturn.

People need to remember that the early days of "reviewers" were just hobbyists with big mouths and had little to no technical knowledge of what was going on. It shouldn't be surprising that these days there exists tools and people with the ability to create tools to properly analyze games in a deeper way.

Dropping under 30 fps is totally bullshit for MHW. You finally make the game for a way better hardware but you focus on making the game look "amazing" for the normies instead of achieving at lest stable 30fps. It shows in general that nowdays developers only priority is making things look pretty for the marketing instead of things that have way more importance during game sessions.

I see letting other people decide what to play/do has already ruined you.

He has a point, as artistic as SoTC looks it ran like absolute dogshit on the PS2

>lmao I have bad eyesight but im not getting glasses because they cost money
>lmao at people who dont enjoy life and want to have better experience!!!

Games should be 60 fps even if they have to lose some graphix quality

I feel like counting FPS is like countimg carbs

A retarded trend people think is valid and important because they are told so. In 10 years you will look back and realize how dumb you were for caring abouf FPS and letting it ruin games for you

>he started screeching how pixelated and choppy the PS2 version is
And he's not wrong. I remember playing SoTC when it came out and it was like a slideshow at times. Obviously that doesn't speak to the overall quality of the game but why is it a surprise that people will often pick the game that looks better visually?

You and your friend sound awfully young.

I love the Sup Forumstard mentality surrounding DF.
>DF shits on console game
>hahaha suck it peasants PC Mustard Race Wins Again, DF is the paragon of objectivity and teller of truths

>DF says console game is awesome / great / etc...
>fucking traitors, they sucked from the beginning and they were always posting bullshit
Always makes me laugh.

>choppy the PS2 version is
That was always a complaint. It is well known how it runs like ass at times on the ps2. Is better to play the ps3 version if you want the original graphics with a framerate that isn't full of massive drops.

Except you're like a fucking audiophile, you don't play games for the game's sake, you just wank to high fps and your ricer shit meters showing how big your e-penis is.

I kinda of agree but it depends on the game. For turn based and slow paced action games 30 fps is
acceptable if it's stable, but yeah for fast paced gameplay 60 should be the top priority

>You are not listening to music on the cheapest 2 dollar headphones you can find you are an audiophile!
lmao

whatever man

Not him but frame rate can affect enjoyment if it starts to chug or stutter. You probably wouldn't put up with a movie if it started stuttering/lagging as an example.

He dismissed it as a bad game though solely based on it's performance and resolution even though he has never played it.

I've tried getting him into older games but he'd always find something to complain about. And as I said, his favourite game is The Witcher 3.

FWAMEVATES

>>MHW drops to 22 FPS in certain areas
That legitimately unacceptable though. This is something I'd expect from a handheld system, not a home console that is from the current gen. I guess it just shows how under powered this generations consoles truly are.

Based witchard.

Current gen consoles could have 1080ti's and the latest and greatest components and developers would still manage to make games run like absolute ass.

Combination of using AMD hardware and programmers writing for Intel & Nvidia instead of AMD. I mean, on paper AMD outperforms nvidia and intel, right? but that only counts when software knows how to use the hardware instead of >dude just use 1 coar of the like 12 AMD stuffed in you while shouting SPAWN MOAR CORES!!!

>He dismissed it as a bad game though solely based on it's performance and resolution even though he has never played it.
So?
>And as I said, his favourite game is The Witcher 3.
So?

What the fuck is your point? You think because you've got a retarded friend that it somehow reflects on a greater audience?