How the fuck did they botch MHW's multiplayer this fucking much

How the fuck did they botch MHW's multiplayer this fucking much.
This is borderline criminal for both the monster hunter series and for such a great game.
1. Gathering Hub serves 0 purpose all the shit you need to deal with outside of hunts is in the trade docks and workshop.... its a ghost town up there
2. Cutscenes locking people out from playing together... do I even need to explain how retarded this is?
3. Since Gather hubs and lobbies are so shit everyone is using this stupid SOS system for Multiplayer and its a fucking nightmare. When you get to the harder parts of the game like tempered monsters you just can't afford to send an SOS up and have terrible people come in an fail the quest on you. When you have real lobbies you would just sort out the people who sucked and kept the guys that knew what they were doing.

I originally got into Monster hunter for the multiplayer........ now here I am soloing everything in the game not because i want to but because multiplayer is such a dumpster fire.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5I5n2dP_FRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think the problem is this is the first time in a while the monster hunter team had to make anything with A) a budget and B) not on a handheld. The way mulltiplayer is set up reeks of some 3DS shit with friend codes prevalent

multiplayer is almost flawless though if you've got a good squad

Lol what bro? OP’s post is saying how much better the lobby system is over this drop in drop out stuff. I don’t have world or even played it for that matter, but I can say it is really nice to be able to sort out people right there in the lobby.
Spending all the prep time and fighting time, just to have someone else triple cart because the monster got enraged, is not fun.

I think if the Canteen in your hub only gave you shitting food but the Gathering Hub gave you the real buffs then you would have people actually going to the gathering hub and then maybe people start interacting with eachother again

>throw up SOS on difficult hunt
>random guys come in
>random guys die
>quest failed
>go back to playing solo

I guess we have to wait a few months to filter out the casuals before we can play the game normally?

>doing a quest by myself
>completely forget people can join you even if you don't SOS
>some faggot joins forty seconds before I finish cutting my reward in half
Fucking piece of shit.

Xbox version of the game's online is utterly fucked to hell and back. People literally have to just make online sessions and post codes in forums for people to join because the matchmaking fucking is so broken on Xbox. SoS flares at least work properly.

>Trying to go on an expedition with three friends
>There's no actual in-game way to do this and you either need to go on a quest together and stay at camp or hope an SOS Flare is noticed by the server for everyone to jump in from
>We complete the quest and one of our friends gets confused by the highlighting of one of the options and ends up picking the wrong choice
Why can't we just form an expedition party like we would for any other fucking quest? Is it really that difficult to implement?

>Literally can't even make a fucking basic lobby to hunt with friends on ps4/xbox
>"Haha it's the 3DS fault bros!"

It isn't though. Monster Hunter Frontier is still going strong and its multiplayer is fine.

Another issue with multiplayer is since you got diminish Zenni rewards you are constantly broke....... If you play solo you are like a fucking billionaire who can't spend his money fast enough

>The way mulltiplayer is set up reeks of some 3DS shit with friend codes prevalent
>all of the 3ds monster hunter games had better multiplayer integration and actual lobby systems

>complains about the gathering hub
>he doesn't just go into a full room and post up for tempereds

lazy cuck

im bored and considering buying this. i played the beta and had fun, but is it worth getting right now or should i wait a month or two? are there issues that you guys think will be fixed in the few updates? i know they plan on adding more monsters for free, but is the game worth full price as it is now?

the last monster hunter i played was the very first one on ps2

>4 times as many people in a room
>feels even more lonely than a 4 player because you cannot see any of them

whats even the point?
are they really so bone idle that they just could not be fucked to make a separate set of quests for online so they just mashed all the online into the single player at the last minute?

holy shit, this is one of the most autistic posts on this board atm and that's saying something

and the thing is capcom isn't even gonna fix this shit in a sequel. It'll be like this for the conceivable future

why am i paying a monthly sub for multiplayer thats worse than the free one on a shitty handheld

This is like me minus I respond to a SOS, join game, OP dies to Anj, go back. Waste of time. Other than some time wasting flaws it's a great game.

shut up, nintenbro. pay the free like a good goy

No one in lobbies is sitting around waiting for quests, everyone is joining SOS hunts.
I've put up my best investigations in a full lobby and would never get more than 1 other guy join.

>just mashed all the online into the single player at the last minute
This is definitely what it seems like.
How you have to watch the cutscenes of a mission before anyone can join you on it is such an absurt restriction that it has to be a rushed last minute solution by the developers

Honestly the gathering hall didn't need to exist in this state to begin with, it would've been much more enjoyable if you had 10-20 or so random players hanging around Astera's hub instead. And if you put up a quest for your friends to join, then all of the you and your friends would automatically be transferred to the gathering hall, which could act as a private "chat room" of sorts before departing on said quest.

Why do you miss the hub so much? Was seeing people eat their foot and visit the box really so great?
The cutscene shit was unforgivable and was a terrible decision.
It's really not that hard to join a big lobby or a tempered lobby and do quests like that. SOS isn't the only way.

>search for lobby to hunt a certain monster
>get either fuck all or a single lobby with one dude in it
>half the time that guy is out on an SOS anyway

I honestly like the combined guild/village hunts but I'd way prefer if everyone saw story cutscenes or something at the same time. There's so many boneheaded choices that are ass backwards.

if the first is your only experience, then yeah, it's worth the $60

>Why do you miss the hub so much? Was seeing people eat their foot and visit the box really so great?

Not that user but I enjoyed having typed conversations and arm wrestling matches with random pug hunters. It was also useful for planning hunting strats with said pugs before departing on a quest.

>someone who has already seen the cutscene joins
>has to watch the cutscene again
>this makes it so higher HR players never ever join for assigned quests
Face it, there's no good way to implement story in multiplayer.

Yeah, I agree that the idea isn't bad, it's just the execution that has too many problems

Honestly I have hundreds of hours in most of the games I played and chatted with pubs maybe once outside of preset messages.

Typing on the 3ds was a nightmare.

Typing wasn't that bad. Biggest problem was the time I played at meant I was paired with a lot of Europeans and most of them were rude. some were nice though

You can do this in world, op is a tard with no friends is the issue

It could have a system where you can skip cutscenes, but everyone has to press the "skip cutscene" button for that to happen.
Or, just forcing everyone to watch the cutscenes would be a better solution than what the game has now

My entire interaction with monhun players has been.

Salut! plz plz plz plz help

shouldn't have fused the online quest with story quest
they will fix it on world G, or at least I hope so

The funny thing is I actually fucking speak French and German so it wasn't even a translation issue. Why are Europeans such assholes most of the time?

>People who join a SOS to get get there assignments done instead of actually helping
>They just Withdraw from the quest after one cart

TWO NUKES WERENT ENOUGH

this is the biggest problem. SOS shouldn't be used this way. It should only be used by higher level players.

>It could have a system where you can skip cutscenes, but everyone has to press the "skip cutscene" button for that to happen.
thats how it worked tho, everyone had to press skip for giant/siege elder intros

I just hate beggers, I was usually host though so kicking them wasn't a problem.

I've yet to join a lobby that didn't have 90% of the guys in it out on an hunt ..... No one is waiting around to form a 4 man group from their Lobby.......
The gathering hub is Empty
The lobby chat is Empty
the join a quest board is Empty
how do I make friends if the only interaction I have with other players is from SOS hunts where I will never see them again afterwards?

That's why I'm playing through the whole game with a group of friends. Just get a few friends together bruh. Much better than a bunch of randoms and you don't have to worry about shitty lobbies.

You do have friends, don't you user?

>playing MH online
People actually do this? Jeez I thought you guys said you weren't casuals...

>shouldn't have fused the online quest with story quest
>It should only be used by higher level players.
anons this clearly exist solely to make the people that couldn't even finish the village quest before stay, there were people that couldn't finish village even after getting carried by 999rank player in online and having G rank tier weapons

The cutscene thing is much worse when playing with friends though.
It's such a clearly unnecessary waste of time

Multi with one more person is actually much harder than solo in MHW.

Monhun with 2 people is probably as hard or harder than soloing, makes the monster less predictable and gives it more damage and health.

It's empty because majority of people are either playing with their own friends or by themselves. Nobody wants to play with a dumb frogposter.

>2. Cutscenes locking people out from playing together... do I even need to explain how retarded this is?
This is fucking stupid, but its because they had a single player and multiplayer distinction. You couldn't do any of the solo/story mode with friends before, now you can. Not sure why there isn't a way to party up and experience all the cutscenes and shit together

Isn't there a Sup Forums squad to play with?

I use multi as a side mode like free hunt and arena quests. Obviously solo is the main meat of the game for me

This

If you going to do that shit join an Investigation or Optinal

not at all. monhun is always easier with more people. More people to distract the monster

Just farm some bonepiles on HR for an hour and you'll be swimming in cash.

This, I'm not worried cause I know enough ppl who play non shit in real life so all I gotta do is send invites and I have an elite hunting squad asap

>Get an SOS
>1 minute after I arrive they capture the monster
>get capture carves for doing nothing

Also:why the fuxk are people comolaining about the load times. Its fast enough on my pro(10 seconds from one map to another)

>playing with shitters
seriously most people here know jack shit about actually playing the game. a few are damn good at it though

So the monster gains the HP/stagger values balanced for 4 people, and behaves much less predictably, doesn't really seem easier to me.

>More people to distract the monster
That just says you are a shitter and the casual yourself lol.
That's absolutely bad for good players because the monster keeps jumping around. So now you have a monster with 2.6x health and there's only two people dealing sub optimal damage.

yeah, things are scaled up but if you aren't playing with garbage randoms, it's always easier

>have to sharpen my weapon
>"you're a shitter"
what?

>join SOS
>prance around while fag struggles with the monster
>keep tripping him when he tries to carve
Who /devilish/ here?

>no way for friends in a private lobby to join your expedition directly
>SOS flares shot up in private lobby still post to public

These stupid Japs have had their brains drained from making these games on shitty Nintendo network infrastructure.

7asBY8QNMWiQ
Come on in then and make sure you come to the gathering hub and chat you autists no one will bully you.

Oh please, you can absolutely sharpen your weapon solo with ease when you know the monster's patterns.

*balanced for 2 people

Online was actually way better on Nintendo. I could actually make lobbies for my friends

you literally just proved my point. I don't have to worry about the monster's position when I need to sharpen in MP. it's easier

If that's how you think the game should be balanced, sure - but the monsters get the same buffs if you have 2 players or 4 players.

So it's easier to sharpen/heal, things you probably wouldn't even need to do while a monster's in the area with you in single player if you're consistently beating on it, because they have such lower health and stagger values.

HR?

No. Not yet.

I mostly play solo, but I feel like the special arena quests would be better with another player. I basically never get to use all the toys in the arena.

ahh yes. Please show me footage of your no sharpen/no heal MHW run please

Your cutscenes and gather hubs is retarded.

You can have your private lobby with your friends. Sure, the lobby system can be improved, but people like you are instantly blacklisted anyway with any kind of lobby.

For the Gathering Hub
This was fucked up completely with two things.
>blacksmith
this is just retarded to not have a blacksmith in your hub. WHY? He is LITERALLY the end game.
>the pig
There is no pig in the hub. The pick is boosting luck and if you don't pet the pig after every mission you are losing a lot of luck.

Also a lot of other important people aren't in the hub.

There is also an option missing to chose the hub as your main location.

Thanks to all those necessary people in your home which are missing in the hub, the hub is literally worthless.

They get slightly more than twice the hp, so yes 2 people.

>the multiplayer is "botched" because no one wants to go to the area that you want to wait around doing nothing in

Why couldn't they show other players in Astera anyway? If it would be a burden on graphics just temporarily remove 3 of the useless npcs milling about.

haha I know she's pandering but she could at least make it less obvious. She's hardcore enough to take multiple dicks but can't at least post a vid of her hunting a great jagras?

I'm HR 44

>throw out a SOS since i needed help killing a rathalos that showed up midquest for some nice early game carves
>players join and instantly beeline for the quest objective instead of where i want them to go
>they somehow fuck that up and cart 3 times, causing me to fail the quest

SOS, not even once

Is Capcom ever going to fix Xbone online?

Nah, speedkills work because predictable monsters are easier monsters and lower stagger and hp threshholds.

You can complete assignments by joining an SOS? I thought I tried that and it didnt work

Yeah but you have to watch the cutscene first, quit your hunt, and join an SOS. That's the only way to do story stuff with friends.

Oh wait I'm retarded and just did a regular session post and join. I think SOS's work but I'm not totally sure.

Where can I get that stupid 5 Million Gift?

Im wondering this too

the official JP MH twitter posted today that there's a bug where people can't claim it and that they will fix it

>Not hopping onto other players Zorah Magdaros quest and doing fuck nothing and sell the materials

Wait for pc version or wait until next year when the extra monsters and free loot gets dropped

I got it on my box and it's the first multiplat that I slightly regret not getting on PS4 or even PC. All my old hunting bros are on those and trying to break in new people with the xbox matchmaking being a mess is becoming a huge time sink. I don't know if they're doing something wrong or what but they are always restarting their games just to join me.

First name Dora last name FUCK

1. The gathering hub is the same as the gathering hall, I dont think it has EVER had a smithy or any extra bits, basic shop and a item box is all it gets, except in MHW you can change your equipment at a item box and you dont need to go to your house, thats actually a improvement.
2. Cutscenes is a one time thing for seeing the intro, I will give you that its a bit of a pain, but for 95% of hunts its no issue.
3. Lobbies being shit? no? maybe a little limiting but I tend to just join my group of 10's squad lobby and we just play together and do stuff. The lobby works fine, its just a big gathering hall with up to 16 people and not 4. People being bad at the game has been there since the first game on ps2, thats not the multiplayer's fault, you can set HR limits so that kinda thins it out.

nah

>When you have real lobbies you would just sort out the people who sucked and kept the guys that knew what they were doing.
So like a squad lobby?

Just a reminder the best Monster Hunter opening movie is Freedom Unite
youtu.be/5I5n2dP_FRA

so the answer to SOS and lobbies being such a poor experience is
"play with friends"
wow 10/10 Sup Forums
thank you for opening my eyes