Time for the great debate

Was he a synth?

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/McDonough
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/In_Sheep's_Clothing
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Political_Leanings
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no shit u moron

Yeah, I didn't think he was. I liked that they left it open ended so you can decide for yourself.

There's a quest late in the game that literally reveals that he is. Of course, I don't blame you for not getting that far.

What? This never happened for me. I guess it changes from game to game.

I think you have to be banished from the Institute for it to start.

They didn't. He's a canon synth.

I don't think its ever explicitly stated that he's a synth

Are you joking or are you fucking retarded?

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/McDonough
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/In_Sheep's_Clothing
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Political_Leanings

No I'm pretty certain in the game its considered one of the biggest mysteries, like where the Institute came from and whether or not McDonough is a synth,

is there a way to mod him to not be a synth

Can you kill him?
If he drops one of those items synths drop on death, then he is.

Have you not even played the complete game?theres literally a quest about it.

THERES LITERALLY A QUEST ABOUT IT YOU NIGGER

I played the game from beginning to end and back again and never had a quest revealing him to be a synth or vice versa. The game literally says its never known.

He drops synth parts when killed so yeah.

I killed him in my game and he didn't have any synth components.

I take it you didn't join the institute

You can join the Institute?

From the Fallout Wiki:
"One can learn that he is a synth upon reaching level 30 (after the completion of the main quest on the side of anyone but the Institute) and traveling to Diamond City, starting the quest In Sheep's Clothing, by being given the side quest Political Leanings from Justin Ayo, or by reading a SRB terminal within the Institute."

this is bait?

my dude, the wiki is wrong, I joined the institute, he still freaks out and shoots a guard triggering this quest.

I thought the Institute was the badguys. Why would they let you join them?

the institute are misguided cave scientists who need someone to unfuck their situation. the raiders are the bad guys.

raider playthrough is fun though.

How do you play as a raider? They always shoot me.

nuka world dlc, go there despite being level 1, become gang boss.

Can I go there if I'm higher than level 1?

yes, the issue is the marker doesn't show up til level 30 or some shit. its still there you just have to find it. (west map edge south of sanctuary, follow road west off map.)

Was Kasumi Nakano a synth? I managed to get the ending where everyone stayed alive.

the summerfags have arrived early

_No

wait, so he was a synth? i sided with the institute for my one playthrough so i never saw the quest y'all are talking about. but i did shoot him in the head and there was no synth chip; tried it more than once.

weird

it is the political leanings quest, it is a sidequest after the ending

So if you kill him before the quest he doesn't have a synth component but will after, so that means he was replaced by the institute at some point but was human when you first meet him, right?

He may have been replaced right before he decided to become mayor. Hancock mentions that his brother suddenly changed right around the election.

Who fucking cares?