Discuss

discuss.

la creatura...

Left: High test cover showing exactly what you can expect from the game
Right: shitty "minimalist"(read:lazy) cover that totally misrepresents the game

Pay angry Kirby pls

Who is the left one even for? Normies don't want to play as a kid so what's the point of making him look tough

Americans are disgusting

> americucks

does video games covers even matter anymore? when was the last time you bought a physical copy of a vidya?

Every time.

Americans are fat and stupid.

All the time my pcbro friend.

Left one looks like minigolf lmfao

>spoils the monster right on the cover
every time indeed

The opposite phenomenon happened with Spyro.

I like to imagine the monster is the one holding the lantern and he suddenly whipped it around in front of the guy's face and that's why he looks confused

The majority of people in marketing and management are braindead retarded and are only there because of an uncanny ability to take credit for other people's work, be likeable, bullshit and play the game. This problem goes up all the way to the biggest corporations in the world. Chances are you have slightly higher brain capacity than a lot of high level executives, but you have zero social skill, networking capability, contacts or penchant to spew bullshit.

These people are in charge of hundred million dollar projects and only get put in charge because they convinced someone just as unqualified and stupid as them that they were the right man for the job.

Now you have feminism and race politics creating YET ANOTHER REASON for an unqualified idiot to be promoted for a reason other than skill. This shit is only going to get worse. And now they have yet another reason to place blame on the racist and sexist populace for why their project failed and it wasn't their fault. Sorry for rant.

they had to show the japanese people that this product was made by baka gaijin

FUCKING NORMIES

Same with Crash

they matter more than ever in an oversaturated market. your average person is scrolling through pages of nothing but names and pics of games in their respective online store. so much harder to pique interest

America can’t into minimalist cover art. I’m a burger and I hate that this is the case.

someone post the rare ones, where the burger cover is better. i remember one or two games from these threads, but i forgot which they where.

Why the fuck are American covers alwas so action oriented, even when the game is not focused on action?

Left: pretentious artsy shit (what modern EUROpoors are known for)
Right: shows exactly what you're getting from the game, no pretentious trash, no artsy bullshit.

Self hating cucks are the worst.

Way to swallow the bait whole.

Is it always Murrican games having bad covers in the East and the other way around?

You really can't figure this out?

The obvious answer is that American's want action.

The real answer is that some exec came in and said "spice it up" and walked away.

Kawaii crash is kawaii

Focus groups are dumb and overused in the US.
I know focus groups have actually ruined a few games, I just can't seem to remember which one's.

>LE 56%!!!!!

>ISHYGD play this shit

Half Life 2 Episodes, probably 2 itself too.

el goblino americano..

Are Americans too stupid to understand abstract art?

The right one is the American cover, dumbfuck yuropoor.

Sometimes I think both covers have their merits.

That's why the ESRB stamp is on the left one, right? :^)

maybe

Do you know what abstract art is?

beat me by a second posting the same picture

Marketing execs are the fault of this.

They get paid hundreds of thousands but know literally nothing about their audience.

>I was just trolling
LMAO

What Armored Core games should I play? I've only played V and hated it.

It's weird how most of MGS' art book sales are in America. It's almost like the higher ups choose cover art and not the American people

It was really obvious bait and it deserved zero replies for being a trash post, but you replied.

looks like Pewdipie

Everything except Nexus, Nine Breaker, and Formula Front. Those games may vary depending on your taste. Everything else is good.

Here's what was said in a 5 meeting about this cover, in all likelihood.

>Hey, Jimmy, that's your name right? I saw the Japanese cover. You can't even see the characters. Put them up close. And that ladder? Gone. The windmill is nice though, keep it. What's that kid got? A stick? Make it prominent. Alright, Jonny, got to jet. *fist bump*

I remember looking at the themes section in PS3's store and seeing the theme version of the boxart on the right over there and it had a lot of buyers and five stars.
Amazing how people underestimate the selling power of quality artwork. I didn't buy the theme but clearly people like pretty art wherever you go, even more so if its from a good game.