Game receives controversial/politics related news

>game receives controversial/politics related news
>Sup Forums instantly turns into Sup Forums when said game receives a thread

I just want a comfy Subnautica thread instead of what we should do with immigrants pls

What if we put all the immigrants in the ocean and played real life Subnautica with them?

>welcome to the real Sup Forums, newfriend

Sup Forums is the dominant board on Sup Forums, all other boards reflect it

People here love drama more than video games.

maybe if they hadn't decided to fuck with video games you wouldn't have a bunch of people who gave a damn about politics

I mean fuck, they fired their employee because they said something offensive years ago. Years ago. That's fucking retarded

>there should be no consequences from expressing free speech.
How new are you?

politicization of video games is totally fucking gay and you should be upset when it happens too if you really care about them

>liberals can't even rotate text
why can't they meme?

There shouldn't be. Hence the term "free speech".

>There shouldn't be.
You meant to say there shouldn't be, federally. Right? Otherwise, you don't seem to be aware of what free speech laws pertain to.

I'm talking about general repercussions suffered from speaking freely, which is why the topic even popped up. You shouldn't be able to lose your job from expressing an opinion.

Trump won, get over it. This is a new world, we don't need to hide anymore.

>I'm talking about general repercussions suffered from speaking freely
That has nothing to do with free speech laws. Again, i'm asking you if you fundamentally understand the laws you're arguing about. What they can, and can't change. The answer, evidently, is no.

Keep avoiding the topic mr pseudo intellectual.

Subnautical is provably worse based on the dev's beliefs, though.
And the fired the sound design guy, you know, the guy responsible for atmosphere, which is all this game has going for it.

>Keep avoiding the topic
You're the only one avoiding the question I asked you about the laws you portend to understand, buttercup. Better luck in the next thinly veiled Sup Forums thread, sweetie.

It has everything to do with free speech laws. Why shouldn't it be considered wrongful termination if you are protected by the constitution to be able to speak freely?

You can't yell bomb on an airplane and expect a supreme court to overrule your incarceration user.

DRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMPF

Alright anonymous guy on the internet.

Too bad

This is why you don't politicize game development. Or development of any media people use for escapism. Your audience won't be able to escape political conversation and just talk about what you made.

You're comparing making a threat of violence to talking about immigrants? Are you joking or retarded?

>It has everything to do with free speech laws.
They are only around to protect you from government repercussion. You appear to have no idea what the fundamental basis of your argument is even about. Society can do with you as it pleases, and nothing about free speech (legislatively) is designed to prevent that.

U mad? Trump won. Lets sing it together! Trump won! Trump won! Trump won! Trump won!

Isn't that what we already do. Shame some of them end up reaching the shore though

Because those same laws apply to the corporation that fired you user. And it's the same thing. Don't turn yourself into a social pariah. They're going to distance themselves from you for the better of the business.

but this is what happens. Immigrants have to beat Subnautica before they're allowed into Italy.

>Sup Forums
>talking about videogames

Daily reminder that "SJW" is a buzzword for when you can't actually say what's bad about a game

Daily reminder that if you have to know or assume the dev's politics before deciding whether or not a feature is bad, then that feature isn't actually bad

Daily reminder that if you prefer to discuss twitter drama instead of gameplay you don't really care about video games

Daily reminder that politics are the cancer killing Sup Forums

>WE PRESIDENT NOW
Ah, youth.

Isn't that protection from the gubbment?
A game company can axe you for giving them a potentially bad look, right?

stop supporting gungrabbers

>They're going to distance themselves from you for the better of the business.
More like it's their way of getting back at you for daring to disagree with them politically.

>The president is anything other than a meaningless figurehead
Ah, youth.
>Long list of things Obama's hope, changed:

Listen you tard, he didn't fucking politicize anything, he's just an innocent user trying to talk about his hobby. Go tell the devs how unhappy you are and let this user make his subnautica threads

They can but they shouldn't be able to, it's just an excuse to censor any opinions they don't agree with. Similar to totalitarian governments.

>Gramps mad that Trump won
Lets here it again, shall we?

Trump
Won

We won. You lost. We are the winners.

>this level of reading comprehension

>They can but they shouldn't be able to
Fundamentally, free speech laws are not about preventing them from doing so. They are about preventing the government from doing so. You are very stupid.

And he’s very clearly arguing that fundamentally, neither should be able to.

leftists will use anything to make sure people with even remotely right wing opinions get shunned out of the industry.

This shit cannot be accepted

>And he’s very clearly arguing that fundamentally, neither should be able to
Which, fundamentally, has nothing to do with free speech laws. He's scared about totalitarianism, right? Well only the government punishing you for things like this IS totalitarian. You guys are really not good at this, it's no wonder you want Sup Forums kept on Sup Forums if this is the power level of your intellectuals.

No user. Whatever you say on a public forum that could hurt your employers will never end well. Remember, corporations have all the same rights as you user.

>current year
>being an Amerimutt
literally #notmypresident but by all means, keep flinging your rancid shit.

>Your audience won't be able to escape political conversation and just talk about what you made.
And why don't the obsessive morons who constantly engage in this political conversation share any responsibility for that?

You are currently torturing an user who wants to make subnautica threads for the politicized actions of the dev. You are hurting the wrong person on the wrong board.

Are you surprised? They lost, they are on the back foot while we are winning. They'll do anything to try and win.

but we wont let 'em, eh? ;)

Yes because how dare you disagree with chairman Sachs and his cancerous ideologies that are fucking this country up big time.

>when they agree
>”shut the fuck up they’re a private company, they can do whatever they want”

>when they disagree
>BAKE THE FAG CAKE BIGOT
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

You're right user #gamergate

>le it's only bad when the government does it
And you're saying they're bad at this?

> Sup Forums has always been counter-culture.
> current internet culture celebrates being a weak-souled, irrational bug-person
> Sup Forums is just one boad where people are free to speak out against this nonsense without having threads or comments deleted
> often times these ideals bleed out through the other boards we frequent
> nu-cucks still don't get it

>start 'debate' on something you fundamentally misunderstand, free speech laws
>lose
>immediately start strawmanning and falseflagging
Yep, it's leftypol alright.

Can we all just agree the world would be better off without blacks?

>claim to "win" "debate"
>quit replying to people who rip your retarded arguments a new asshole
yeah you sure "won" lmao

>counter-culture
When they're the biggest populist dick suckers out there

>le it's only totalitarian when government does it
Fixed that for you, sweetie. Try looking up the terms you're arguing with.

Refer to your own post about strawman arguments and then try again.

Nobody cares about polls or social media rants or votes

The only thing that matters is the purchases you make

Every time I convinced someone to pirate Subnautica instead of purchasing it, my smugness grew three sizes. It was of course followed by drones quoting the gorillion sales and how haters didnt matter, but its still money that shit boss wont be seeing. More than that, it is word of mouth that will damage all future projects by Charlie Cleveland

>Refer to your own post about strawman arguments
I'm quoting directly in every single post I make and you have no qualms with any of the point i'm making. I don't think you quoted the wrong post here, bucko.

>wrong
right**

The concept of Trump winning the election two years ago has become a core part of their identity.

While you're at it, look up what strawman argument actually means.

Which is why political discourse, until recently, was left out of everyday life user. This is why a lot of people agree that social media is a cancer.

No, we get it, you're newfags unable to assimilate to board culture, like Sup Forumsfags back in the day

You just have to accept that Sup Forums is wrong about everything. Just as how immigrants are objectively good for society and the economy, Sup Forums hating Subnautica just proves it is a good game.

>While you're at it, look up what strawman argument actually means.
Better yet, you should look up which post you actually meant to quote, because I haven't made one. I have been directly quoting in every reply i've posted ITT. None of which has been erroneous. Are you feeling alright, champ? How clean is your room right now?

>what we should do with immigrants pls
ICE ICE Baby

>implying I'm American
>implying anyone outside of burgerland cares about your politicians
Burgers are literally brain dead

>Sup Forums
>'board culture'
It's blue Sup Forums.

Tyranny is about removing the rights of the individual. Corporations are becoming exponentially more powerful every day. They use their power and financial influence to sway government. Why should corporate entities have more power than the individual?

A serious discussion has to come about the direction of our country otherwise we’re going yo end up like mexico where there is no middle class and all of the money is in the hands of the few.

citation needed

>Sup Forums has always been x
How to tell when you're a newfag.

>Tyranny is about removing the rights of the individual.
That's why the government is not removing those rights. Private citizens are.
>Corporations are becoming exponentially more powerful every day.
They have always been this powerful, in the past, more so because of a lack of anti-trust laws.
>Why should corporate entities have more power than the individual?
If you tell your boss to choke on a cock, and he has more power than you by every objective measure, and his ability to fire you has nothing to do with federal involvement, he can do so.

Okay I'll spoonfeed your retarded ass.

That^ was your strawman argument, because you didn't address your retarded stance that it's not oppressive for a corporation to terminate somebody based on difference of opinion. You'd rather semantically argue that it's only the definition of totalitarian when a government does it.

>implying anyone outside of burgerland cares about your politicians
Not him, but other country's news revolves entirely around America, because America is the only country that matters.

Yes, it is now, after years of this shit, and now people who came here in 2014 think they can speak authoritatively on how this is how it's always been.

> can't fire you for sucking dick
> a physical action that affects the environment around you
> can fire you for believing that sucking dick is fucking stupid
> a mental action that affects nobody
Hmmmmmmm.....

>A serious discussion has to come about the direction of our country

The fuck do you think any sort of discussion is going to do? We already lost. We can bitch and moan all we want but it's over.

Can any of your arguments not be boiled down to "it's only bad when the government does it"?

We weren't counter-culture for the sake of contrarianism, you twat, we were counter culture because our actual convictions clashed with those of the establishment. If you always just have to piss against whichever way the wind is blowing you have no convictions to speak of.

>They have always been this powerful, in the past, more so

>That^ was your strawman argument
Then I suppose you have no idea what a strawman argument is.
>you didn't address your retarded stance
The poster I replied to ignored 90% of my post and actually made an objective greentext strawman to misrepresent my point. Are you really sure you want to continue this? It seems like this was an easy mistake for you to correct here.
>You'd rather semantically argue that it's only the definition of totalitarian when a government does it.
You should also look up what semantics entail. It's really only totalitarian when the government (who then would be a totalitarian government, what you're so scared about right?) does it.

>sucking dick
>a physical action that affects the environment around you
Well, I mean, only dicks, so... the issue here is consent.
>can fire you for believing that sucking dick is fucking stupid
>a mental action that affects nobody
Politics shape our lives

Probably not. This is because free speech laws are designed to prevent the government doing it. Glad you caught on.
You really refuted my point there, buckaroo. I'm slain.

Please, Sup Forums is the biggest invasion of Reddit newfags this site has ever seen.

>other boards we frequent
Stop. You aren't one of us and you do is ruin threads and shitpost, without contributing other than old memes. You don't have a true ideology, you're just basic conservatives swept up in a cult of personality that will go away in a few years.

> game devs politicize their own fucking "le industry"
> "what could go wrong?" they probably said
> suddenly your political stance on key homo and race related subjects are part of the interview process
> first question right off the bat is "who did you vote for in the 2016 presidential elections?"
> answering "wrong" means youre black listed from the entire "le industry" for the rest of your life - might as well change careers
> mandatory twitter accounts for all prospective employees with a mandatory 3 twits a day gay and race related issues which are subsequently reviewed by upper management

so much progress

RESPONSE is also free speach. An intergral part really. Sad to see dumb fucks so stupidly actually agaisnt free speech that they can not handle response. Response being part of free speech is therefore also protected speech.

Now one does not have to agree with response just like one does not have to agree with what someone says to begin with. But in turn some times people with power greater than what one has can respond by using that power.

So really fags whiny about the response aspect and actually wanting to curtail free speech by doing away with it. Are just bunch of lil bitch babys sad and upset that they are actually weak as mother fuckers that can not even handle a response to shit.

Speech and response can be all stupid and overblown on all ends. But just cause it can be so does not mean that shit in all ways i proteced speech in which the goverment can make one face repercussions for.

So quit being such lil bitches about shit ya faggots who really are against speech by wanting to shit down response.
Ya lil faggity ass bitches.

So you're defending corporate loopholes to abuse human rights? Nice. Keep sniffing that throne. Maybe Mr. Goldstein will start paying you more than 1 cent per post at this rate.

>Reddit spacing
I mean I agree with you but could you be any less new?

>We should lynch people who say stuff we dont like and law shouldn't defend them because "muh consecuenses from speech"

>Tumblr and reddit and ResetEra are just places where I can discuss my ideals
>Often times these ideals bleed out when I visit Sup Forums

I don't get the issue??!?!?

fucking immigrants

You can’t remove a right you fucking retard, that’s why it’s a right. The only thing that can take away rights is due process after violating law. Individuals cannot remove the rights of other individuals.