2 Smash brothers games

>2 Smash brothers games

I thought this was a fighting game tournament?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4iUermT7Liw
smash.gg/tournament/frosty-faustings-x/events
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Melee STILL in

Smash is a fighting game
/thread

>the absolute state of FGCucks

SEETHING Mahvel/cuck of farters soyboy

>3 ArcSys games
>1 Capcom game

haha nice one

Thank god

You think anybody gives a shit about a bad marvel game not being included?

Go back to Sup Forums with your shitty memes.

The list could have been anything as long as it wasn't mahvel

Friendly reminder.

Melee will never leave. Just get over it OP.
Smash 4 is unfortunate though, should be replaced with Pokken.

>BlazBlu tag
But why?

UNIST is about to come out, its really that dead already huh

Marketing ArcSys most likely paid for. It's not even out.

I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up that ARMS would replace Melee, but there was a little part of me that wanted it so badly I couldn't help but wish

>caring about the FGC

you faggots are no better than these metrosexual trannies and niggers who cry if someone refuses to call their party game an e-sport

Hello MaxDood, hope to see you livestream Guilty Gear, DBFighter Z!

Post yfw MvCI isn't at Evo

>You think anybody gives a shit about a bad marvel game not being included?

Fags on Eventscrubs

>no WWE2k18
>no UFC 3

UNIST had no chance of ever being on the main stage.

youtube.com/watch?v=4iUermT7Liw

WOOOO

HAKAI

>melee
guess i'm gonna watch some evo after all

>thinking DBZ, BBX and Injustice 2 aren't even more casual than any smash

>DBFZ
Literally the bitcoin of fightan, overhyped shit that will be deader than hitler before EOY 2018

>Cross tag battle
kys

>Both Smashes
>DBFZ
>SFV:AE
Even tho I hated SF5 for the longest time, I'm starting to like the game recently but I hope this tourney is good and not boring
But Jesus Capcom, they fucking blew it with Mahvel

Eventhubs is no fucking different from Sup Forums

Nobody was backing that game anymore and wiz follows the money. I'd be more surprised if it was there.
Personally more upset by nobody giving a fuck about kof, but that's also nothing new.

>Melee back
>Melee back on Sunday
>Melee back on Sunday right before SFV
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH MOTHER FUCK, IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Call me back when they give a fuck about any other game and don't boo other games.

Someone hasn't seen how fucking mad people are on Twitter over it losing to Blaztag. I've even seen people say the only reason both smashes are there are because money talks.

Best girl

>melee will never die

>MvCI gets no numbers
>Let's add NRSshti nobody likes
>Let's add Tag battle which everyone is dropping because of DLC
>Let's add melee even though its old and was the justification for removing MvC2 and Third Strike

Fucking pay up capcom, just pay the madman

>no mahvel

is mvci really dead? what are the numbers at the last tournament. i hear only 2 people showed up for mvci but i dunno what tourney it was.

OBSESSED

Take this as you will.

I just want another good platform fighter to come around but they all fucking die off.

I think Capcom would rather put that money and energy into SFV instead and pull the plug on MvCI.

Good, skullgirls is actually better to watch and play than Infinite

Yeah, FGCucks have been obsessed with Melee for as long as I can remember. And now it's back on Sunday, kek.

wtf Sup Forums I thought melee would get the boot?

>I've even seen people say the only reason both smashes are there are because money talks
This has been the case for quite a while.

Melee and Tekken 7 are the only ones that are actually great gameplay-wise. The rest are just flashy bullshit for casuals.

smash.gg/tournament/frosty-faustings-x/events

At a small tournament, 140 compared to 200–290 for few of the other big-hitting games. Not THAT bad, but well below the Marvel pedigree. It probably would've been about on the level of 2017 GG EVO going by historic numbers in pic related. Probably a smart move for EVO to experiment while it's at rock-bottom, if the game gets updated and fixed it can always come back alter.

how is melee pulling these numbers? HOW?

Guilty gear is still there so I'm content.
Only other one I'd love to see is UNIEL but anyone with a brain knows that would never happen.

>melee
>great gameplay
wew

>even after all this, literal YEARS of smash being in EVO, fags still pretend its not a fighting game
Where's that retard that keeps trying to force "party brawler"?

People enjoy playing it.

Their opinion is wrong and they deserve to be time traveled to the holocaust for it

Remove Melee, add KOF and an extra game
Remove Tag Battle, add Pokken
Line up fixed

People should follow melee fags example and stick to good games instead of the trash that companies keep making currently

>Add pokken

holy shit can your taste be any worse, I'd rather have all thesmashes before pokken or ARMS

If smash is a fighting game then so is dark souls

Being cashcows for money hungry organizers don't mean anything.

>hating on arms

Pokken is unique, has new content compared to it's featured year and still has dev support.

Pokken is legit streamboar.

>add KOF
You mean 98?, otherwise kill yourself if you are thinking of 14

arms aint' SHHIIITTTTTT

Despite melee being trash and an annoyance that goes over scheduled time every year and not being fighting game.

>mfw a 16 year old party game has better fighting game mechanics than modern day fighters

Remove Sm4sh,Crosstag and FighterZ
Add King of Fighters,UMVC3 and Arms
EVO fixed.
As it is now, it's disgustingly casual friendly

i can't really use that for numbers of players that actual go to events.
so the games not actually not dead tournament wise. it's only dead in online play and capcom support? wonder how long it'll last in its current state.

A very strong yearly schedule with big payouts, Genesis 5 only had 70 less entrants than EVO 2017 and a $6,815 prize for 1st place. Other majors like Smash 'n' Splash, Super Smash Con, Shine, and The Big House aren't too far behind. It keeps people competing, attending, and watching, and the higher frequency gives the opportunity for upsets like Plup to dispel the stereotype of competitive stagnancy which breathes new life and hype into the game. The Smash community got very good at the grassroots stuff while they were blackballed from the FGC, it was all they had because they weren't welcome at EVO.

Why do they even want to be associated with Evo if they can do so much on their own and get nothing but shit when talked about anyways?

>hit opponent once
>run away until time runs out
Riveting spectator sport.

>big payouts
>$6,815
You must be from a country like Haiti if you consider a 4 digit sum to be a "big" payout

Were you expecting Marvel vs Capcom Infinite?

>hot opponent once

What game?

This shit will never not make me laugh.

Now that's just silly

No matter how much big talk comes from top players like Leffen about not needing EVO, I think the truth is the Melee community really wants to be there even if they're not the most-liked. It feels good to be there and part of a greater whole, they worked hard for the opportunity that finally came with the 2013 donation drive and worked hard to stay. Not being at EVO in the Manday Bay arena just feels like a step down, even the ballroom hall top 8 of 2017 was a little uncomfortable.
A few players are taking that kind of payout a few times a year, plus several mid-sized majors, plus Twitch revenue. It's not as much as big eSports, not even as much as a renaissance man like SonicFox that takes on multiple fighting games at once, but it's no small amount.

Imagine if melee did get the boot lol

What happened to the numbers in 2017? They're halved across the board.

Melee will never die unless there is a worthy successor. Maybe we’ll get one if Sakurai gets booted, since Iwata is no longer around to force him into it.

I just find it weird because melee gets tons of shit, the people that come for melee only come for melee and actively hate the rest of the games, and they have their own circuit of events anyways. Shit just seems like a bunch of hostility that doesn't even need to be there.

please tell me Guilty Gear is before Melee

Melee gets a ton of shit, but that's not because it's not considered a fighting game or whatever. It's because the crossover between Melee players and other fighting games is incredibly miniscule. When you go to a fighting game locals, people will have their favorite game, but they'll also play a bunch of other shit.
With Melee, that doesn't happen. With little to no crossover, the only reason to even share space is to reduce venue costs, since the communities certainly aren't even remotely the same.

>literally who game
>party game for nonexistence console
>classic game
>weeb game feat anime
>weeb game feat rock
>marvel rip off
>party game for another dead console
>weeb game feat anime x2

I'm not a melee fag but the game is hugely popular. If the TO's drop it they need something big to replace it. If say, going forward, Unist and blaztag both sell 3 million copies like dbfz (big if I know) there might be enough community to finally drop the smashes.

>Melee will never die
It will when CRT TVs die, not anytime soon though

Hence the Smash Bros games, yes?

I always assumed it was more a problem with attitudes than what you consider the game.

Most people fail (or refuse) to realize that Smash is a thing in the first place because of its characters. It also doesn't help literally all of them try to be Melee, hell, Brawlout name-drops wave dashing as one of its techs. This by itself is harmless, but the lack of charismatic characters just makes the next platform fighter a NotMelee with no flair. Rivals and Brawlout took a step in the right direction by adding indie characters, at least.

The only thing that really irks me is Injustice 2 and two smash game. At the very least they should drop one of them. Don't really mind the weebshit although I'm surprised they actually included Cross Tag even though all the signs were pointing to it being included. Probably would've taken KoF over Injustice honestly.
Still mad KI lost to Marvel last year.

>No MvC at all
Shit, Capcom dun fucked up.

This is true. They are almost all incredibly bland and derivative. They just come off as chinese knockoffs.

>no marvel

Also because it straight lift character arch-types usually. Yeah sure their games have a more balanced fox, but it's not actually fox.