Why does the world hate Mobas so much?
Is there any other genre hated more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMowdt9UpFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Musou

But people just roll its eyes with Musous, they dont hate them

The term "MOBA" is dumb.
"ARTS" makes way more sense. Why the fuck did MOBA catch on? Literally every game is a MOBA. PUBG is a MOBA. CSGO is a MOBA. Tekken 7 is a MOBA. The term is so vague.

I don't hate them I just don't fucking GET them; MOBAs are RTS where you only manage one unit and relies on other people doing their job for you to do well. Knock on RTS all you want but at least then it's your fault you lost and nobody else's.

Same thing with MMOs, just don't get it; why would you play a game where combat is basically clicking and pressing everything on the numpad when you could play an action game instead?

the only acceptable mobas are aos and dota.

everything after that changes the formula in ways that dramatically lower the skill ceiling and make the game less interesting overall. LoL was the first major step in massively dumbing down the genre and it's been downhill ever since with more and more shitty mobas getting released each shittier than the last. the only reason people even play LoL is because it was one of the first mobas after dota, it was easier to get into than dota, and for a long time they virtually had no competition so they were raking in disgusting amounts of cash.

What do you mean with ARTS?
Action RTS? Arena RTS?

>first played dota 14 years ago
>got really good at it, played with clans on garena
>switched over to HoN, was high 1700s
>switched over to DotA 2, was around 4.5k for a long time
>eventually fell down to 3.3k because I kept playing shit heroes and losing
>eventually quit because the game got boring
>talking to a random friend about dota 2 one day
>they only started playing a couple years ago
>they check my dotabuff
>all of my recent games are normal / high skill
>they're 5k solo mmr

And Doom is an RPG where you play the role of doomguy.
It's also an RTS since it's real time and requires strategy.

Go kill yourself.

there were plenty of decent warcraft aos maps. tides of blood, aom, aotz, etc.

>at least then it's your fault you lost and nobody else's

That's exactly why they're popular. When you get stomped you can always just blame your shit team, you're never actually the problem it must be everyone else

>Why does the world hate Mobas so much?
Because the only thing you get from playing them is a deep sense of regret

I really didn't for the initial years where they exploded in popularity. I do hate the long reaching effects that they've had on online games though, 5 vs 5 matchmaking and the obsession with ranks/MMR for one.

You haven't been in enough musou threads then

Will people hate on Battle royal as much they hate Mobas?
youtube.com/watch?v=OMowdt9UpFs

what if you mix them?

>Same thing with MMOs, just don't get it; why would you play a game where combat is basically clicking and pressing everything on the numpad when you could play an action game instead?
It's RTwP without the ability to pause and focus on a single character.

>PUBG inspired Battle Royal MOBA
how many buzzwords can YOU fit in?

You fight in Halo, Starcraft and CSGO, I guess we should call them fighting games now

>relies on other people doing their job for you to do well
I mean that's just team games
You can say the same about CSGO or even Football/Basketball/Baseball, playing as a Team is a skill itself

people will counter your argument saying "If you are so Good on CSGO, you can carry your team alone, so they dont matter"

add "HOT NEW"