THE DIVISION 2018

Is this game worth playing? i see everyone dick riding it for its new update and i need something new to play

It's only worth playing for 30 hours then you reach max level and gear and there's nothing to do except PvP, which isn't fun in my opinion.

only if you have a friend to play with, but gameplay gets old fast

no, kys

Yes, it's what Destiny 2 should've been. It's basically urban Borderlands. I started a few weeks ago and have been having a lot of fun.

The only downside is you will get shitstomped in the DZ until you get geared, but if you're the type to complain about gear disparity in a loot based game, you should probably just kill yourself.

For $20 or so, sure. PvP's the least interesting and most isolated part of the game, but the PvE of missions, Underground, and Survival is very engaging. Just remember it's an RPG, so builds and appropriate gear make a large difference.

I like that stats and builds are not brainless like Destiny. It's nice to play a game where you have to finely tune your stats and mods rather than just click one of two options for your build.

Yea i miss D1 for the grind and haven't touched D2 and since its only $20 on psn im going to give it a try

If you have friends, it's a decent loot treadmill. I haven't played the new update, but my biggest gripe was the lack of gear and skill balance which resulted in 90% of the playstyles promoted by the set items being trash. Oh and all the paid dlc being game mode additions rather than traditional content expansions.

It's actually pretty good I only have issues with some of the elite enemies who redefine the meaning of bullet sponge if you're solo. Even then most of the time they're optional so its not that bad.

There's no way in hell you got 6/6 classified gear optimized in 30 hours. It's a long haul to get to max gear

I have no problem with bullet sponges i just want a shooter rpg with cool loot like D1

It gets better. I can melt legendary bosses solo now, which is nice. I definitely felt the power boost as I moved to well rolled classy gear

True, I didn't get 6/6 classified, only a few parts but I owned all the lower gear level sets which were I think around 280 something.
But the farm stopped being fun at that point and the build diversity wasn't that interesting in the end.

No it is not. I bought it for $15 of g2a because I heard how wonderful it is now but its not. Its a third person shooter Diablo without the good loot or fun mechanics of Diablo. Save your money.

>shooter
Check.

>rpg
Check.

>with cool loot like D1
Check? There's powerful and game-altering gear, though not techno-magic.

>Diablo
>Good loot

It's fun with friends. Do you have friends, user?

Also is it dead on ps4? Will i have trouble finding people to play with once i start getting into it

It's fun alone, too. I only group for the challenging missions or the weekly Underground mission.

yeah its dead on consoles
PC is where its at.

No. I find groups using the matchmaking for everything in under a minute unless it's Last Stand, which nobody plays.

the gameplay loop was fun is all Im saying. divisions loot loop wasnt exciting.

Survival is legit fun as fuck. I started only lasting about 10 minutes, but now can extract 90% of the time. Gotta eat food, craft clothing so you don't freeze, and find medicine so you don't die of Tom Clancy AIDS

But it's the same. You can reroll one stat (two on classified, which are this games' ancients), most Exotics are shit, and you need a set.

It's literally the exact same.

t. 2000 hour Diablo faggot

It's my go-to mode after daily stuff is done. Fresh start, full leveling experience, great use of the Manhattan map.

Just started playing, is there any way to make free roaming harder? I want it to be as hard as the missions are on hard

Have you increased your World Tier? If you're already at WT5, the best way to make the overworld more challenging is to run Survival.

PS4 is most populated.
Unfortunately most people are on the meta, so you may have a hard time finding people for first time content. For end game I have never had to wait longer than 30 seconds.

It will get hard. I think the story is harder than a lot of the end game stuff because you're expected to get your gear and weapons on level. It's hard to do so constantly without the huge crafting and money stockpile that an established player has.

It starts to get noticable at 15+

I just picked it back up with a few friends after dropping it near release due to staleness and the typical potato-tier Ubisoft experience.

It's gotten a lot better. I definitely recommend playing it again or getting it on sale if you've got some friends to play with.

Am i better off getting the gold edition rather than the base game?

Would have been great if there were some actual survival elements to it. It has the mechanics of a great shooter covered in the skin of an awful wannabe MMO piece of shit.

Totally up to you. Survival is a pretty neat mode and honestly all these Battle Royale shits could borrow a few notes from it.
Underground is... neat? Its just randomized tilesets. Kinda mixes things up a bit I guess.

Base game with season pass gets you all content DLC for a little less than Gold's price, skipping the cosmetic content. Base with Underground and Survival is what I'd consider the best value. Could also get the base game now, and wait for a sale on the season pass while deciding if you want to spend more.