What if we took an old classic

>What if we took an old classic...
>Gave it a new game...
>With great music, a genuinely funny storyline filled with love for the original, tons of fun weapons to collect and fight with, and plenty of replayability thanks to the scalable difficulty plus bonus areas....
>And then ruined it with a fucking awful control scheme and terrible level design!

What the actual FUCK did Sakurai mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQsj-HlXCMc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The on rails controls were great. Its the walking sections that suck. But the pros heavily outweigh the cons.

>more than half the game sucks
>But it's okay somehow
I'm sorry but it really isn't. I badly want to love it but the walking sections are both the majority of the game and fucking terrible.

>ruined it with the control scheme
We've been laughing like retards like you since the game came out like half a decade ago. You aren't suddenly gonna be the one to change board opinion on the god tier controls.

Fuck off brainlet.

The only people who dislike the controls are brainlets who don't hold their 3DS properly. Whoever decided that the game should be shipped with a stand deserves to be fired because it encourages you to hold it incorrectly.

I'm still of the opinion that Uprising needed a Wii U (now Switch) port/sequel to truly reach its potential

Sequel when

>Give me a switch port even though the Switch isnt capable of recreating the controls
Full retard. And no, don't say "but muh gyro" it isn't fast enough, accurate enough, and isn't capable of 180 flips that kid Icarus Uprising demands of you.

It was WiiU or bust as far as a remake goes.

>nononono it's absolutely fine that a 3D action game has you flick to control the camera with the same touch screen you use to aim while also having no jump button so the level design is crippled and a dodge that kicks in everytime you change directions on the worst thumbstick from this century

?

>You don't control the camera and aim at the same time in every shooter ever
Ahahahahahahahahahahahah

You could literally map a 180° spin to any of the 10+ new buttons you have access to

>being illiterate

The english dub sucks, though

>Button spin
Jarring trash and objectively not as good as true control
I'm also more talking about like 150-180 give or take more. The ability to flip around to anywhere You need is crucial to the game.

Camera controls are far superior to twin-sticks, you flick the stylus and tap the screen to stop the camera, like spinning a globe. It's fast and precise. The only issue with the controls is using a vehicle's special ability with that button in the bottom corner of the touchscreen but the original 3DS only had one shoulder button so there wasn't much else they could do. The 3DS's circlepad is dogshit but you can replace it for one with grip.

>You flick the touchscreen to control the camera which you also use to aim
Full brainlet, you just described every shooter ever.

>every shooter ever uses a touchscreen

No just the good ones

The dub itself was fine, amazing even. The only one that comes to mind that I had any issues with was Thanatos like a annoying cunt, but he was supposed to be an annoying cunt.

Hell, I'd say it's one of those rare instances where the dub is superior to the original.

Bust sizes of:

Palutena
Medusa
Pandora
Phosphora
Viridi

>If I devolve this into a semantics debate I win
Oh nonononono

It never bothered me, though it’s probably because I played Metroid Prime Hunters as a kid and the control scheme in that game is pretty much identical to Uprising.

I still can’t play the game for more than a few hours without developing arthritis though. But that’s what breaks are for.

>the difference between a thumbstick or mouse and a touchscreen is semantics
>having taste this bad

>It's a problem that the game reticle and camera are both controlled by the same thing
>That's every shooter you faggot
>nu uh dey dun hev tuchscren

>caring about tits

This is incorrect, the dub was superior

>Shit dub
English speakers literally got the better version of the game, Hades is a dry villain in nipponland

>the input method which was specificed is unimportant when discussing controls and should be replaceable with literally any other one without impacting the conversation

What's the best song in the game, and why is it Aurum Island?

youtube.com/watch?v=iQsj-HlXCMc

Aside from literally hurting my hands to play it, the game was too fucking short. After like 6 hours playing and youre already done? It feels like the game barely fucking started before it ended, decided to just sell it after that

Faggot there's no damaging controlling that could possibly help you after fucking complaining that the reticle and camera in a fucking SHOOTER are controlled by one thing.

>And then ruined it with a fucking awful control scheme and terrible level design!
What a scrub.

But Pit doesn't sound as annoying as in the english version

>Pit
>Annoying
Post discarded

Go away weeb.

Ill agree that the circle pad sucks shit but none of the actual touch screen aiming related stuff is my problem with KI:Us controls

>I've realised my argument was retarded so I'll just swap to ad hominem and pretend I didn't get btfo with just greentexting

I'm still sad it never got a Wii U port, it would been perfect with the gamepad.

The gamepad screen is too big for a game like KI:U and replacing it with twin-stick controls would just slow down the gameplay. If they are going to change the control scheme in a potential sequel, they'll need to completely change the base game instead of just porting it over.

>Want to look at something
>Reticle moves with me
FUCKING SAKURAI

>talking shit about Arthur's son

Get out and never come back.

Hopefully they do exactly that because good fuck the level design of the on-foot sections and slow plodding pace of it sucked

While it's true that i'm a weeb, i have no problem with playing a game dubbed if i have no other choice, but Pit's voice was horrible, it literally ruined a lot of the game to me, the voice he had on smash was much better.

lol

>so btfo you're now too afraid to respond to me directly and feel the need to start posting strawmen

>He's still trying
Howling with laughter

>I'm walking in here with the same weak and flimsy arguments that have been knocked down thousands of times on this board since the game has come out and you WILL TAKE ME SERIOUSLY

You actually think having the majority of enemies bumble around doing fuck all 95% of the time was exciting? Or like the sections where you're just running down corridors? Or enjoy how it uses the Z axis for no movement at all but scripted shit like jump pads and rails?

>Implying
I mean the shooting sections are great but the real best part of the game is the action game shooter hybrid on the ground.
Better enemy design on the ground
Like 90% of the bosses
Mech suits and vehicles
Games much more difficult on the ground
Much more depth to your moveset on the ground

>You actually think having the majority of enemies bumble around doing fuck all 95% of the time was exciting?
What did you play at? 4? 5?

>my small circlejerk crew refuse to budge so clearly this means the most widely criticised element of the game is actually flawless and we won the argument when nearly everyone else stopped caring enough to take us seriously! YOU WILL SUBMIT TO MY OPINION!

Yeah because you know you're on the "winning side" (Who fucking thinks of arguments like that you fucking deranged shitposter) when you agree with Jim "The Cuckmeister" Sterling.

>2018
>6 years after KI:U launched
>people STILL complain about the control scheme
I don't get it. They might have been unnatural at first, but isn't every new control scheme? And it doesn't take long to adapt and adjust to it. It took me much longer to try and learn twin stick shooters because I didn't play them until a few years ago.
The game even recommends you start out on 2.0 out of 9.0 on the slider by default so you don't get immediately shredded flying out the gate.

>we won’t be seeing another KI game for years
Feels fucking bad

I played at 7-8 since I liked how it affected the rail shooter part around that point.
The ground sections were fucking boring and painful to bother with though no matter the setting I had them at.

These are the same retards who reeeeeeee about gyro aiming, the steam controller, or mechanics like Dead Risings time limit or BOTW's durability system

>I can't refute what you said so I'll just go right back to deflecting

I remember Nintendo fans chimping out when Mario Odyssey switched over from Stars to Moons.

The autistic have a hard time dealing with change.

what? the controls are nice you know that you can use any controller and keybinding at your taste right? also are you playing it on 4k and 60fps right? and not on the 10yo 250p gameboy

Because it's fucking awful conceptually and cripples the entire on foot portion of the game.
I honestly had no issue with any of those. Uprising just has fucking terrible controls on the ground.

People refuse to believe they are bad at the game so they cry about the controls and blame everyone but themselves when they get their arse handed to them.

>More and more people piling on OP retardation
>Still desperately scrambling

I don't get how people can't cope with controls that aren't twin stick. This goes for Monster Hunter too. Like, have you ever been to an arcade? Do you fucking complain about IIDX adding 2 more keys over Beatmania?
Holy fuck.

>terrible level design
It's all fairly linear but the game's focus is combat not exploration.

>Back to being too scared to reply to me again

There's a jump skill. I always have it set since it's often required for some secrets.

Like I said earlier, I'm fine with other control schemes. I use gyro, I have a steam controller, I play on m&kb mostly.

Uprising just has trash controls.

SeeYou don't deserve to be engaged on a serious level.

KIU's flaw is that there isn't enough hetero baiting with Pit.

Funny how Sup Forums is always ready to pretend it's hardcore as fuck and then throw bitch fits because "moooommy, the controls are hard!".

>not reading the thread

It's one retard getting endlessly blown the fuck out, what's your point?

OP is a fag regardless. Cry me a river.

Well yeah it is pretty entertaining to see how flustered that fag is after I btfo of his shitty argument but I also mentioned already that the difficulty isn't the problem.

>Still trying to damage control

I really don't know why people hated the controls so much,I loved them and never got tired or anything.(personally)

I'd get tired eventually, but I don't see how that's a bad thing.
You can't play intense shmups or DDR on pad indefinitely. Nothing wrong with having to take a break.

controls are fine

fucking this

>A game has never hurt my hands before
What are you, 8? Do you take the recommended breaks that games ask you to?

Bayonetta 1's only passable version was on 360 only for years and their controllers has a fucking stupid stiff trigger with too much travel time and you need to use that trigger to dodge and (especially when I first started playing) I was dodging a fuckload. It was uncomfortable an by the end of each level my index finger felt like it was going to fucking fall off.

But I loved every second of it because the game was fucking worth it and I have never once heard that used as leverage against Bayonetta as a game.

You're either a weak faggot or only complaining about it this time because "b-but it's weeeeeeird"

>>And then ruined it with a fucking awful control scheme and terrible level design!
KILL YOURSELF

>reeee how dare you not like what i like

I can't tell if you're mistakenly talking to me or the people in the thread who actually mentioned getting sore hands.

>I played at 7-8
no you didn't you daft faggot, enemies get super aggressive at intensity 5.0

also how is the level design terrible, it's varied, with well hidden secrets, multiple mechanics like grindrails, exotanks, bouncepads, some clever perpective tricks like in pandora's labyrinth etc

If your hands don't hurt what are you even fucking whining about, you retard? It's the closest thing to mouse tier accuracy that exists outside of PC

you misunderstand user I merely think the next generation should not contain limp wristed weaklings
please remove your inferior genes from society

I don't know why but the controls never bothered me that much. So I pretty muched loved it the entire time.

>all these kids who cry about KiU gurtinh thier hands
I bet you guys never played pic related back in the 90s