Regardless of whether you have a $2000 gaming pc or an Xbox One X, the strongest console on the market, the Ps4...

Regardless of whether you have a $2000 gaming pc or an Xbox One X, the strongest console on the market, the Ps4, has the best looking games out there. They really do. Their studios have talented artists, same like Nintendo, except their consoles are stuck in the past.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1g3z3bkrK3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Except the good looks dont amount to shit if they can't flaunt it with really cool tech utilization and wacky ideas.
You can't say you have the best artists if they can't try breaking the norm with the art.
Sandbox games and TLOU simulators aren't gonna "wow" people as much if that is all Sony is capable of showing off.

>Sandbox games...aren't gonna "wow" people
tell that to botw friends

>ps4
>bloom out the ass
>insane contrast
>unnatural lighting
>2d textures everywhere
nah famalam

>Looks like it's straight out of Nier:Automata

somebody'll bite

Botw is unique in its design at least and exploring is fun. There is wackiness in the combat in that you can use a lot of ways to fighting enemies with items but its terrible if you just want a hack and slash combat styled game.
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are a lot more dynamic with sword combat compared to Botw which the latter is unaware of.
Could be the style they're aiming for however: no Hyrule Knights anymore, amnesia, Hyrule in disarray and nobody to train Link in the art of Sword fighting = all weapons keeping breaking.

All these screenshots looks good. Really want to buy it now since I've never played it before

>that grass
>those character models and animations

>making up excuses for the shitty weapon durability system

This

No PC game comes close to horizon in terms of visual quality, it's honestly amazing

It probably has the best environments ever made in a game. The character animations are terrible though

Not only that, sony also makes the best single player games imo. games as a service can burn in hell

>No PC game comes close to horizon in terms of visual quality, it's honestly amazing

Nice bait

>Botw is unique in its design at least and exploring is fun
subjective and wrong
>There is wackiness in the combat in that you can use a lot of ways to fighting enemies with items but its terrible
literal sandbox meme options of combat

and most impressively
>Could be the style they're aiming for however: no Hyrule Knights anymore, amnesia, Hyrule in disarray and nobody to train Link in the art of Sword fighting = all weapons keeping breaking.
these fucking amazing gold medal mental gymnastics to justify literally any flaw the game has

BDO has better environments, really buggy game though. Horizon only looks good when you cherry pick, it's missing real-time effects like ambient occlusion so in motion it looks very dated. Not to mention the inherent console blur you get. A lot of PC games will look better in gameplay and in screenshots just because of PC features like shader control, frame rates over 30, and resolutions over consoles.

Too bad PS one of the first to do the "game as a service" model first, and failed at it. They already went on record saying they want to do Games as a service.

Sony and Nintendo are the only ones still making single player games.

if this game would have been even a shitty kingdoms of amalur ripoff with those graphics i would have probably played the shit out of it.

>best environments ever made in a game
>when there's zero interactivity and you just clip through most things

>Blunder of the Wild
>good environments
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaj

nice cherry picked screenshot while comparing BOTW's native resolution to a Horizon shot at 1/10th its native resolution

Even with this level of cherry picking, you can tell that BotW has 6th gen low detail environments and HZD is highly realistic

I'm not talking about which you like better as an artstyle, I'm talking about which is more sophisticated in terms of graphics

Inner Chains looks better than this shit on maxed out settings and Inner chains is a horrible game. Fuck off.

Most of BotW looks like voxels at a distance

>has to crop and zoom in on Horizon while pausing a Youtube video
Sad!

>horizon still has zero draw distance

lol

There was a time on Sup Forums when sonybros were much more tolerable and xdrones were the worse. What happened?
Why are sonybros just the absolute shortest on this board? Even PC fags don’t flaunt their superiority this much anymore. It’s worse because atleast PC fags have something to flaunt.

>Their studios have talented artists, same like Nintendo, except their consoles are stuck in the past.
I sure do love those cinematic experiences that run at a crisp 20 FPS and have no difficulty whatsoever, and come with 100+ dollars of DLC just to access the rest of the content that should be in the game.

>HZD is highly realistic
>nas no draw distance
lmao

>comparing draw distance in cartoon game where LOD is easy as fuck to mask to a semi-realistic game where any LoD would end up look dumb

>NO
>DRAW
>DISTANCE

Are you describing BoTW?

>youtube.com/watch?v=1g3z3bkrK3o

Best tech of 2017.
Best graphics of ANY console game.
MUCH better DLC than Botw.

Is there anything our girl Aloy can't do?

Yeah, the art design is honestly wasted on it.

Nice low quality screenshot that was taken at a foggy time of day.

Reminder that the average frame rate in Horizon is way higher than BoTW. All while looking like proper current-gen game.

>DF
>posts most edited bullshot tier webms
Top kek

Cause all the xdrones moved to ps4 when microsoft dropped the ball on the xbone.

Be attractive in any way. Or even a good well written character at that

Cinematic Experience is the literal cancer in games. Games like heavy rain will get a pass because that’s the point, but when I’m playing shit like MHW, and there’s like 8 cutscenes during a hunt. I’m going to go ahead and say there’s something wrong.
Also PS4 is the console most of these cancer games are on.

That looks like utter shit.

>DF are bad because they use objective FACTS to prove what a shitbox my fisher price tablet is

Kek

>posts a video that had THE SURGE IN IT
KEK INVALIDATED

so this... is the power... of nintendo

But most if not all PS4 exclusives have way higher frame rate than cinematic BoTW. And also better combat systems that doesn't boil down to swing swing WEAPONE BROKE.

It's a cancer you see on every console, and now it's starting to spread to PC, which is why more and more I'm starting to consider piracy.

Reminder no one actually plays Horizon, they just watch it on YouTube because the gameplay is shit.
Then they bring it up despite it getting BTFO by BotW

>Crysis screenshot suspiciously does not show any people
hmm

Whether you think it looks good is subjective and besides the point, the point is that the final game is comparable to the so-called "bullshot".

This desu

That sound you hear is the sound of a million screeching toddlers being forced to replay BING BING GAY LINK for the 100th time.

But it has MUCH better gameplay than Weapon Broke of the Wild

Looks like every randomly generated early access survival game on steam

Objectively better gameplay than SWING SWING WEAPON BROKE MENU PAUSE SWING SWING TA DAA YOU UNLOCKED A CHEST

?

I can't tell who's baiting and who's retarded

This shit is why I can't comprehend how people actually defend BoTW. Is this their first open-world game? It's so basic and boring.

Mad cause of those scores bb?

>AMAZING LINK!!

I really enjoy that this sonybro makes these. Not in a million years will it look this good on console but on PC you just slap on a reshade and you're good.

>enemy can bestunlocked
the real problem there is that link is fighting that high hp enemy for no reward

Show me one randomly generated early access survival game on Steam that looks as good as BotW.

>Is this their first open-world game?

Yes, most open world games didn't come to Nintendo consoles before switch. It's all amazing to them in the same way Morrowind was impressive to everyone else 15 years ago

Pretty easy bait to fall for.
>Options to be creative
BotW > Horizon. You can spam shit in any game and make cherry picked webms

Frame rate doesn’t matter when Cinematic Bullshit is still Bullshit.
BoTW atleast has a game somewhere in there.
Weapon Breaking isn’t even part of this argument, although if you just abandon the notion that weapons are something worth keeping and just let the breaks happen you’ll start having more fun. It’s still a shit system to have though.
The problem here with cinematic experiences is when the game plays itself more than you are playing it. Shit like Final Fantasy where at most I’m pressing like one button and then my character goes into a five minute animation.

Man, someone's desperate to have a chance to post their stupid webms.

This is really the only explanation I've arrived too aswell. After last gen being absolutely filled with open-world games, BoTW just struck me as "one amidst many" game.

What part are you confused about? Unless you consider half of a gloved hand to count as "people".

>BoTW atleast has a game somewhere in there.
Yeah what a game
Literally toddler-tier gameplay with minimum interaction.

I have a pc with an i7 and a 1080. My ps4 hasn't been turned on since November. Did play ctr on vita while on the shitter a week ago...

I played both Marrowind and Skyrim for hundreds of hours and I think BotW is easily better than both.

>The problem here with cinematic experiences is when the game plays itself more than you are playing it
And this is the problem I have with BOTW. It's too easy for the game to get carried away up its own cinematic butthole, like the flurry rush mechanic which should've just been scrapped. It's too much of a crutch for anyone to be allowed to use, not that the game is much harder even without it. Look at how much game journos loved it, when they're such idiots that they can;t even beat a tutorial in Cuphead.

>any LoD would end up look dumb

Why would it? It's more like the PS4 is weak and any graphics that are meant to be good comes with giant list of concessions they had to make

>look what we can do with the graphics if we lock the game to low framerate
>look what we can do with the graphics if there's zero draw distance and we mask everything
>look what we can do with the graphics if there's no interactivity and you clip through all the foliage like it's not there
>etc

Gonna be honest. Gravity Rush 2 was the game that made me realize how sad I was that Nintendo will never be pushing the graphics envelope with their great ass visual design ever again.

Sony makes trash realistic games for the most part that end up aging like shit or falling flat out of the gate like HZD with it's jerky ass unnatural people. But on the rare occasion that they do something stylized mixed with being graphically advanced like Gravity Rush 2 or Tearaway Unfolded it's fucking stunning.

I'm sick of Nintendo using their great visual design as an means to have less powerful consoles and save cash.

Yeah,t hat horizon screenshot is a photomode post-processing enhanced image while the crysis image is actually in game.

Yes you fucking idiot on limited hardware the entire thing becomes a game of smoke and mirrors. That's what optimization for a specific hardware means. Of course it can't compare to fucking Arma 3 running on latest i7 CPUs and even then barely able to keep the performance above 20 fps.

The Last Guardian was gorgeous aswell. Very nice sense of scope.

So why are Horizon fanboys constantly jerking the game off if you admit all this shit?

>the game is really impressive if you just ignore all these ways in which it is not impressive

>bestlookinggame.jpg
fixed

Overall BOTW looks better than GR2 though. I'm just sick of Japan making shitty games personally. I miss comfy JRPGs and games with fun gameplay.

You manipulative dishonest cunt, you honestly think an Arma 3 shot that most likely has shit for frames on the latest i7 CPUs is a fair comparison to Horizon you're fucking deluded.

t.500 hours on Arma 3.

Im very excited that I have a pro and will be able to play this relatively stable when I get it

On a technical level yes but none of these upcoming exclusives look distinctive from one another visually because they all opt for looking "realistic" over stylized which is one of the worst things you can say about a game's presentation

Remake use nvidia gameworks but muh only nvidia muh gameworks never works

>Overall BOTW looks better than GR2 though
Nope. BoTW looks and performs like garbage. You might make it look good on emulator but that's cheating.

m8 BOTW and GR2 are two of my favorites of the year but if you honestly think that you're a retarded nintendofag.

BOTW has a great style. It's not as good as any attempts at stylized graphics on more powerful hardware.

Fuck off retard. People have spamming this shit about Horizon for months pretending its the most impressive thing ever made and now I'm showing them why its not. End of.

If we ditched the realism meme we could focus on cool shit like properly shifting sand and better physics.

no
the only major issue I have with GR2 visuals are some ugly LoD models at times, probably a compromise made because of how easily you can move in any direction

It's impressive as fuck for a $300 console you insecure little toddler. Arma 3 is only impressive in stills. Try and play it and you'll see how even on high end hardware the performance is poor, unreliable and very demanding.

I'd kill for a Nintendo platformer to have visuals that managed to impress me again

I only have some emulator screenshots since I didn't know the Wii U could take them when I played it, but nah. Performance and resolution aside(since emulators are a thing and it's not cheating to use them), the lighting, the vistas, the scope, and modelling is better in BOTW. It actually feels like an "open world" since it's one big map with many different biomes and not dozens or hundreds of tiny floating things like GR2.

The use of color is way better too, GR2 looks incerdibly shitty in some areas. Some areas in GR2 looked amazing, but again overall BOTW beats it out just by being dynamic in its lighting.

>BOTW has a great style. It's not as good as any attempts at stylized graphics on more powerful hardware.
What exactly are you trying to say?

Do you have an example of ugly LOD? I don't remember any in that game.

this coupled with a 10 year drought of a decent and notable game for drones. they got something to shitpost about and we're feeling 10 years of suppressed nintendy autism let out in a single burst.

Is Kat's game 2 good? I played GR1 ages ago and enjoyed it.

>Do you have an example of ugly LOD? I don't remember any in that game.

On the left here and elsewhere in this pic
it's still a great looking game in general. Good art style and lighting goes a long way

>emulator shots
Look at this retard