Dragon Ball FighterZ Thread

DO IT
VOLLEEEEY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j34Shgqf-10
youtube.com/watch?v=3rDFgimCHAU
youtube.com/watch?v=WFC7lSLLZ7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gotenks was one of my most anticipated characters, but hes so unga yet predicible. Piccolo is great though.

Pretty cool thread OP, but is there a single character that can beat El Grande Padre?

Walter Blanco

shaggy blanco could easily defeat el grande padre

>piccolo has some cool combo extends
>but you have to burn meter to do less damage with them than others do without meter
what did they mean by this? Why are some characters so unga while others require skill but give you almost no return for it?

How do i tien?

gotenks is literally the farthest thIng from unga. dont use terms u dont know

Never use him unless you have Maximum Power, then cheese out your enemy and hit them with a combo that ends in Neo Tri-Beam

>Trigger a Dramatic Battle
>Opponent skips the cutscene

Can't lose in marvel if no one is playing it.

>watch opponent's cutscene
>he skips when it gets to me

>do that fucking downwards chop special with Piccolo
>don't know how to continue pressure from there
Any tips

Not him but I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be a spammy, hyperagressive ball of energy.
His specials cancel upon hit and he has a wide variety of tools he can use from any position on the screen.
I really really wanted to play him because I like Kid Trunks but he's not my cup of tea in terms of playstyle because I tried playing him conservatively and it doesnt really work out in comparison to just throwing out attacks left and right

How do you play Gotenks if I may ask?

>saw someone in a lobby named ShaggyBlanco
Which one of you cocksuckers was this?

you have a lot of lows, an overhead special, a fast TK overhead in sprking, and a command throw. you can force block on wke up with chaotzu or whatever his nme is. just try to open people up with him cus thats about all he can do but i think hes better at it than people give him credit for

I really hate how lazy arcsys got with models in this game, they're so obviously 3D looking compared to how they do them for Xrd

Lolwut

Is a team of Black/Vegeta/Kid Buu the most tryhard team you can make?

Replace black with adult gohan

Cell/A.Gohan/Vegeta is what japanese players will use

Rate my team: Android 16/Majin Buu/Tien

You stand no match against my Zero/Dante with soul stone.

>try out Begeta san
>he's actually fun to play and not just an assist whore
>him and piccolo sorta work well
Who should I put as third and how should I arrange their order?

hes kind of a vortex character but not as good. he has some oki setplay and a lot of snapback conversions and a couple other thIngs but it can be hard to get in. he shines most in anchor but he can work mid too. hes not unga in the slightest tho. idk y people keep using that word

cover with assists then do whatever piccolos do

maybe you should try getting good instead of blaming losses on character choices, u fucking pussy

Cell/GayGoku/Vegeta is the tier whore team of choice.

>Black
He's basically the same as Vegeta, one of the best assists in the game combined with absurdly good normals and damage.
>Vegeta
See Black
>Kid Buu
16 is better
>A. Gohan
shit assist on top of Cell being better

>Kamehameha
>but then Destructo Disc

I don't get it, why didn't they translate that one but did the other? And I'm not a purity fag, it's more of which sounds cooler to the ears. Kienzan definitely sounds cooler than Destructo Disc, same with Kikouho over Tri Beam. And before anyone asks, I prefer Hellzone Grenade.

Don't know who should I put on my team along Goku SSJ and Nappa, any suggestions?

>THIS IS THE STANCE

I want to make a second team.

So far I want Tien and Beerus in it. Who should be the last one? Right now I'm thinking Yamcha or Nappa.

Also thoughts on Tien as point?

>9 days until V-Jump

>Tryhard
A.Gohan/Cell/Vegeta

>Anime pro tier
#18/Cell/Black

>UNGA BUNGA ME MASH
Kid Buu/A.Gohan/Frieza

They didn't translate kamehameha because turtle-hurtle-ha sounds fucking retarded

Americans cant into any language that isnt english.
To this day im still surprised tehy didnt change the kamehameha for big blast or some stupid shit.

Destructo Disc sounds way cooler though

>Not turtle destruction wave
Probably easier to say and sync the lip flaps to.

>shit assist on top of Cell being better
You have just never fought or seen a Gohan, right? There is no way he is not the best character in the game. His assist is really the only downside, but that doesn't matter much if you put him as point

no I get that, but why translate kienzan which already sounds cool? or why use destructo disk when you could use say, Saucer Slash or something.

I dunno, it sounds lame. Kienzan has "Z" too!

Are we sure there is gonna be an announcement?

>You have just never fought or seen a Gohan, right?
A.Gohan is my point on my srs ranked team.

Cell is better.

>vegeta
>absurdly good normals
stubby limbs is why people call vegeta an assist character

Why is Blue Goku's assist so fucking awful?

I see, that makes sense though I believe that we play him similar, especially in the Vortex department, but my definition of unga is wrong.

with all these naming conventions I'm surprised Raditz's moves are all actual English (wrestling) names.

Nope

Range isn't the only thing that makes a normal good, his frame data is great

Also he has one of the only actual wakeup tools in the entire game

>16 is better
Call me when 16 has a full screen low conversion into level 3 and and an air projectile that eats anything that isn't another kamehameha

>playing blue vegeta instead of SS vegeta for those dank command grab combos instead of an assist whore like all the meta sheep

But he is not. Cell may be better at long range, they are equal at mid range, and Gohan is just the best character for damage, close range and safe mixups.

And Cells advantage at long range doesn't really matter that much in a game where basically every character is rushdown

>got 2 rage quits this morning
>both were Goku black users

Fuck outta here bitches

>Chris Sabat is playing Jeice again
What happened to the guy they replaced him with?

>Unironically using the word "dank" in the year of our lord 2018

MY SKIN IS COLD

I unironically want pre-ssj gohan

>smaller
>nimbler
>picollo moves
>berserk super

What's the difference between the two vegetas movesets anyway?
I just enjoy regular Vegetas alot
>upwards kick ex
>triple kick
>that dropkick

What does English Cell say when he does his level 3 super?

"__________ shall be destroyed!"

Because Kamehameha fit the lip flaps, otherwise we would have something like ONDA VITAL so fuck that

drop kick is replaced by a command grab, but it really only works with combo extends. His projectile and assist is a big bang attack so its not as good as the ki spam assist. He also gets galick gun as a super and final flash has an extension that costs extra meter. He still has the triple kick tho.

you and the earth

What's with Gotenks using Volleyball Fist anyway? I kinda remember him using it once int the show along with Wolf Fang Fist I think, but even in the old budokai games he had Volleyball fist. I don't even remember Tien using it in the show.

(You) and the Earth

>not playing SS Vegeta and Gotenks for maximum ki blast spam

>YOU AND THE ENTIRE CITY OF NEW MEXICO SHALL BE DESTROYED

Wtf Cell I didn't think you'd be one of THOSE guys

youtube.com/watch?v=j34Shgqf-10
youtube.com/watch?v=3rDFgimCHAU

>I don't even remember Tien using it in the show.
>Not rewatching/rereading the original DB
I wish the 4 armed skill was in his fighterz moveset though.

Your mother's pussy

Still thinking about my main team, definitely want Trunks and Nappa. From these, what would be the best to round of my team: A18, A21, Beerus, Adult Gohan or Gotenks?

Also, who'd work as point/mid/anchor?

>A.Gohan is just the best character for damage
Not really, Cell corner loops kick the crap out of A.Gohan's best combos. A lot of characters out-damage him.

I'll agree that A.Gohan has safer blockstring options, the man can keep you blocking for a full minute with assists, but overall Cell is better at damage and meter gain and converting hits into damage with a better assist to boot.

Also if you think there's no long game in DBZF you need to get out of green.

air dashing with the ps4 pad make my thumb fucking hurt.

Nappa/A21/Trunks

Forgot to add, would consider Cell as well.

why is tien such a faggot twink in super, he was buffed as fuck in db and dbz

It seems like he's just awful in general

Cell corner loops are great, and I love to do them too. But for them to be truly ever comparable with Gohans damage he needs to start them with a 2M. No pro will EVER get catched by Cells 2M in a corner.

Also Gohan also has better corner carry (even though Cell is great at it too) and corner pressure with mixups is just way too important and strong right now, an area where Cell isn't even better than average.

>yamcha is in his DBZ state
>tien is in his super state
for what purpose was this decision made?

Cell's level 3 is such unispired shit just like he himself is.
His super form Budukai 2 was at least entertaining.
>Okay planet give that stupid energy

Because he realized his species isn't capable of autistic god-tier transformations, so he decided to settle for being the strongest human and training people.

Yamcha in Super only wears his casual clothes, and FighterXZ has him put on his old training gi.

THE DISRESPECT

Feels that much better when I spank them with fat Buu

Imagine if they announce him before EVO. Broly always brings the hype in fact it would overshadow all other fighting game announcements. Merged Zamasu would be good too or Cooler.

I don't mind Tien's Super clothing, I like it but it's odd that his shirtless/half gi wasn't used instead.

>corner pressure with mixups is just way too important and strong right now
You'll see this change and fast, most corner pressure is fake as fuck and people will learn to reflect out.

>youtube.com/watch?v=j34Shgqf-10

I've been watching a bunch of DB clips recently, but I never saw this one. Thanks user! I was thinking about this one: youtube.com/watch?v=WFC7lSLLZ7k

>Give him a multi-arm special
>Each punch counts as two punches, effectively making more damaging longer combos.

Wish he said Sayonara like the past games.

What are the unwritten rules of honour with this fighting game?

If your opponent doesn't skip your intro then you can't skip his, etc.

The Yamcha in Fighterz is from Super. He just happened to be wearing his Turtle School gi when the clones slapped his shit.

Well we don't know if you are right or not, and you very well might be. But right now is is important, and that's why right now A.Gohan is the best character in the game.

He is (like Cell) good in every aspect of the game, with the best consistent damage with or without meter, the safest mixups, corner carry, corner pressure, great range and is fast as fuck.

And thats not even looking at the relatively unexplored potential with his level 7

Imagine if his clothing was just the baseball uniform

>Pasta not in spanish

Stop Spanish meme posting. Where are the cool DBFZ webms?

not having tien team up with gotenk's level 3 was a missed opportunity.

Every frame in this game is screenshot worthy. It looks so good. Tons of cool moments and lots of reaction faces.

lol

My team is 18/krillin/teen Gohan.
Rate

>>Give him a multi-arm special
>>Each punch counts as two punches, effectively making more damaging longer combos.
It actually sounds like an excellent way to lower your damage by doubling your scaling. You better not even consider using a light while it is up.

I personally love Yamcha. But abusing Nappa’s super armor can really mess the opponent up

how to play kururin and teen gohan

>Merged Zamasu would be good too

What's a good midscreen and corner combo for android 18? So far I'm just doing 2M>5M>j.LM>j.LML>j.2H>j214S>land 5L>j.LM>j.2H>Energy Wave in the corner. Im also looking for good corner setups and oki.

Im running her with midscreen Beerus, is Piccolo or Tien a good anchor for this team?