Hey I have been thinking about getting this game...

Hey I have been thinking about getting this game. But I am worried that it will be too linear and not enough free choice in the game at all. Is it really worth the money?

it's basically a hallway simulator user do not buy, don't even pirate. not worth your time.

Also i don't care about the politics with the devs. I leave that to the sheep that want to argue about it.

itt: shillan

>trying to bring up the politics so people will give you free bumps

Ironic.

>Is it really worth the money?
No
>Is it worth pirating
Maybe

how accurate are the reaper spawns on this map? i need to go to the bulb zone for gel sacks and ruby but worried about running into one of those fucks

the story is 100% linear, the only non-linearity in is in how long you spend dicking about gathering resources before you go do a bit of the story

that seems a little bit off, but close enough

The dev that made the game as good as it is won't see a dime of your money, pirate it 100% with no regret

It's 99% dicking arround and having fun and if you care you can follow the story from time to time.

They fired their sound designer for having a wrong opinion. Don't. The devs are SJW trash.

It’s not linear at all, the main story line is not only optional, you have to go out of your way to progress it.

It's their company, they can fire and hire whoever they want. The employee in question used social media to emit opinions which could put the whole company in jeopardy. If they didn't fire him, they would be facing backlash from the left instead of the right, and that would certainly be more financally damaging to them, since there's a lot more people in the world who are avowed anti-racists than who are nazi LARPers. It was merely a business decision. It has nothing to do with curtailing of free speech. Grow the fuck up.

>doesn't know how to sage
back to shilling in r/subnautica please

it's accurate enough to ruin the game you stupid piece of genz trash

Why not just say "this persons opinions don't represent the company"? Why jump through hoops to avert imagined backlash from a vocal minority?

They're free to fire their employees for being wrongthinkers and I'm free to refuse to support them as a result.

Not that I would buy this game anyway. Looked boring as piss when I saw it on early access and it doesn't look that much better now.

OP here. You guys are sheep. Just as I thought. BLEEE BLEEEE SJW POLITICS!

Actual OP here. Fuck off troll.

Know what the opinion was that put the company in jeopardy was? A fucking attack helicopter joke. Sure, they had the right to fire him but the whole thing was still stupid.

It's open world.

Admittedly, it has limited replay value because 90% of the game is the wonderful feeling of discovery and exploring an alien world.
Definitely gud though. GotY for this year and last year though I'd love it if BFGA2 blew this away, I don't think that's likely.

Just started this game now it came out of Dev (picked it up in a EA sale).
Enjoing it so far (only 3 or so hours)
God the sea is scary tho

i'd say it's worth the money
it will take 30-40 hours for you to finish
the only thing that keeps you from exploring everything is depth upgrades, but if that tickles your autism you can bring your seaglide and a bunch of o2 tanks and go as deep as you can
there's radio signals that point you towards important locations but you can choose to ignore them like i did, i only used them when i was really lost and couldn't find anything

This is not worthy of being pasta, stop

Shut the fuck up

I'm someone who hates most of the time Sup Forums pointlessly talks about SJWs especially when it's actually just people trying to be literally racist and sexist on here. But this Subnautica shit was actually disgusting.

Get off the high horse you cunt.

Sound guy could have used a separate twitter account for his personal nonsense instead of the account he also posted official Subnautica stuff on. People get fired all the time for doing stupidity like that.

viral marketing is viiiiiiiiraaaaal

>everyone who thinks you shouldn't be fired for that kind of comment is a Nazi LARPer

He didn't say anything that was wrong to say enough to warrant that or warrant getting fired. Maybe a warning for causing drama in the first place which isn't always good for business would have been good but not fired

It's worth pirating. It has so solid positives to some of the negatives of the game.

Don't ask people if you should play it or not, pirate it, play it, and find out for yourself.

Worse comes to worse, you find out you don't like it at all after an hour or so. You spend that much time a day browsing Sup Forums.

There are plenty of shittier games out there than Subnautica. Ignore the faggot politics and just play the god damn game you stupid chimps.

I'd consider calling all people from third-world countries brainless criminals and terrorists and mocking people something to fire someone over, especially when they do it on a place where my company's information is also posted.

It's always 'disgusting' to you losers lol.

it's really overrated, the story is terrible and the game itself is broken in terms of performance just like every early access survival garbo

that said the game isn't THAT bad, enemy and audio design are decent

I dont give a rats ass about the politics and shit people are spewing here recently, but im playing the game and its a boatload of fun. the coral reefs are beautiful to swim around in, and its genuinely terrifying going deeper and deeper and the progression of finding better materials and tools is really gratifying. the story itself moves very fluidly giving you new objectives to remember as you go through your internal lists of things you need to do. I really reccommend it, user

>lol

Back on old Sup Forums this shit would have made everyone tell you to fuck off

The tweets I saw didn't show that. Maybe I'm the ignorant one here then.

>don't give a fuck about a company's internal nonsense
>want to talk about the game
>Sup Forums's head is so far up Sup Forums's ass it can't even discuss video games anymore and acts exactly like the people and palces it claims to hate with every fiber of its being

1. He didn't do any of that.
2. > I'd consider calling all people from third-world countries brainless criminals and terrorists and mocking people something to fire someone over
Why?

There are more conservative people and than sjw people and conservative people have more money.

I agree but people need to start ignoring the sjw left.

>I didn't see him do it
Then you didn't pay attention to his twitter as much as you claim you do.
>Why?
You act unprofessional with/around company stuff, you get punished. If he'd have used a separate twitter instead of the same one he used to post official Subnautica updates and stuff on this likely wouldn't have happened.

He was making facutal statements about rapeugees.

I don't think I actually claimed anything buddy.

Fuck off, nigger

tfw you get your steam refund.

If you're not creative at all don't bother, picture Minecraft underwater but do to technical issues they took out digging at the very last minute.

Nothing he said was wrong or inaccurate. In fact what he said is mainstream and considered majority opinion?

everyones already discussed it fag. there's a window of opportunity for actual discussion of every game right when it comes out. all that's left is memes and baitposting now. besides that it was in early access forever and there were good threads. ultimately the game is a letdown for anyone who followed the development.

>everything right-wing talk show hosts say is facts! how dare you not think non-whites are all monsters and demons only existing to destroy our God-chosen ethnicity!
Maybe you'll grow up and think for yourselves one day.

Pirate it if you're interested, the devs are massive faggots.

I'm with you, user. Anyway in my session last night, I finally built myself a cyclops, loaded it up with water and salty fish and went on a journey with my seamoth. Thankfully, I'd already upgraded the seamoth to mk3 depth, because I ended up finding one of the entrances to lost river. I was scared as hell, lost my route, and after finding the giant tree, I ended up leaving the caves from a different exit. I came out 2000 meters from the clops and nearly died of dehydration.

>ultimately the game is a letdown for anyone who followed the development.
Explain. What were you personally demanding that the devs didn't do which let you down so hard?

There are some things that it's safe to say while user that isn't safe to say while you have {employee} for {company} in your sidebar.

You mouthbreathing morons. If he was some college student who got fired for posting tankie nonsense you'd be cheering the company on.

Beacons are your best friends if you're exploring an area for the first time.

The boat niggers from Africa are and he was talking about them. Stop making excuses for these people.

Bait thread confirmed. I need learn how to figure out this shit earlier

No one can be this condescending and actually think this will go into real conversation about the game

Because tankie nonsense is actually evil.

>No one can be this condescending and actually think this will go into real conversation about the game
When did I say anything about going into talking about the game? That's impossible now because you faggots are more concerned about whining about the poor sound guy's dliemma than discussing the game itself.

Evil is subjective. Many people consider his xenophobia evil. And capitalists, of course, consider making fun of potential customers evil.

the game was basically feature complete for 6 months. the last 2 or 3 zones have barely any content. "we're taking out digging because xbox but to make up for it we're probably going to make this gene splicing system, oh wait nevermind." cut enemies, cut zones, cut features. basebuilding remains barebones trash, no cyclops dock.

>b-but maybe in dlc
>games cost m-money to make
fuck off

>at the very last minute.
It came out years ago. Digging didn't really add much to the game and came with a ton of problems. I wouldn't say it's like Minecraft anyway; the map isn't procedurally generated and is actually designed for you to follow a linear progression even if the places you visit aren't linear. It's good for one playthrough but loses a lot of value on the next.

That is a lesson I learned. I plan to bring 3 or 4 on my next trip. What's the best way to deal with warpers that isn't just running away? I got yanked out of a base while I was exploring it and I just spazzed and hopped back into the seamoth and booked it out of there. Definitely some scanables and data still to grab there

>doesn't have the one in crag field
>doesn't have the one in mushroom forest
>doesn't have the one in sparse reef that occasionally wanders into grassy plateaus

>I don't care about politics, but I will bring that up anyway to score some "I'm above this discussion" points.

They fired one of the leading members of team for innocent meme, retard, very professional. And now steam is spammed with negative reviews. No one who buy games wouldn't care about this shit if the devs didn't act so retarded.

Feels like a complete game to me, I don't mind any of that. The terraforming was dumb and genesplicing seems equally dumb.

What bothers me is the shit they removed on launch. Maybe it's just a bug, but things like the ghost levis no long sucking you up, and the option to save the Sunbeam if you deactivate the QEP before they arrive. Lame.

No game ever made has had everything the devs wanted to put into it actually make it in.

>innocent meme
Of course you people think that.

No xenophobia is a very valid and important. Not wanting your nation overrun with niggers is a goal the majority supports.

How do they stop you from deactivating the gun before the ship arrives? I didn't try to on my first play

>No one can be this condescending and actually think this will go into real conversation about the game
Leftists think that way.

They don't. But the ship gets blown up anyway.

The Middle East and other countries want Americans to stop uverrunning their countries as well. How about we honor their wishes?

I heard already they kept saving the Sunbeam in

The easiest way to do it is to never repair your radio until after finishing the story

It's a joke about tranny lunacy. Trannies are mentally I'll people who think they can change their gender. That line of thinking is what should offend people

are you retarded? theres no reaper in sparse reef. there's barely any fauna in sparse reef

Devs shouldn't even respond to the sjw left. They are a loud minority. Just look at the Kingdome come game. They down right confront those loons and the game is number one preorder on steam.

See, you can say that here, but tweet that on a profile linked to your employer and you can get fired.
>??? Waaaah it's so unfair!1!

Have you ever held a fucking job? Why is this news to people?

The Ghost Leviathan never sucked you in, it always had the charging attack with its mouth open and that's it. And you can save the Sunbeam, but you still have to build the Rocket to escape because they can't get through the debris field the Aurora left in orbit.

Right no of course not

Hoards of niggers from the Congo has nothing to with the US military.

Stop making excuses and educate yourself. You liberal idiot.

I did the second thing and the sunbeam still got blowed up by the deactivated gun.

I confess I never saw the sucking thing myself, but I saw someone complaining about its removal; after seeing the sunbeam still get blown up (and seeing that they had the freakin' soundclip for it calling off on the wiki) I was willing to believe it.

Practical question to my hardcore sempais, when you complete the game in hardcore do you lose your save?

Mods pls

No shit but that's only because I used the word nigger.

Check out my base.

I've put floor under the Moonpool that'll house my Prawn, so when it falls it lands in the middle. And a couple floodlights on the platform for ambience.

>I should be offended by what someone else wants to do to their own body
Why? How about I live my own life and not rage and scream about unimportant nonsense?

comfy as fuck user

I don't care but don't expect the rest of us to enable your mental Illness. You can't change genders.

looks great. aesthetic but also efficient. what's your power situation?

>don't even pirate.
piss off piss babby

Depending on when you deactivate the gun determines if the Sunbeam gets blown up or not. Deactivating it while the countdown to landing is going will cause it to get shot. Deactivatign it before you progress the Sunbeam's story to that point goes to they can't land due to debris. either way the only way off the planet is with the Neptune Rocket.

As for Hardcore saves, never done one so I don't know.

so i beat the game yesterday and i really miss playing it. but on the other hand, i think ive seen everything the game has to show and cant be arsed playing it again. its an abstract kind of feel.
if the expansion doesn't allow for me to continue my save right before i launched into space i wont be playing it i think.

Why did you decide to assume I'm trans?

unironically this

>Act like a hard get treated like one.

this please

>disagree with you
>YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!
Okay, Anakin, don't you have younglings to kill?

>Buying Soynautica