We need troy baker for this game

>we need troy baker for this game
>sorry sir he is too busy but we have someone else

both are far more talented than anyone on this board even if matt has feminine features

>we need Arleen Sorkin for this version of Harley Quinn
>sorry sir she is too busy but we have Laura Bailey

>sir our waifu characters original english voice actor backed out
>damn get someone who will bitch online about how sexists said character is to voice er

There is no better example of this than Troy playing Pain in the main Naruto anime and Matt playing Pain in the Chibi spin off series.

>but we have Tara Strong

Should have gone with Hynden instead.

After hearing his range from a clip of that DnD show he does, I'm surprised voice acting directors are telling him to stick to his usual voice for characters.

>Sir we can't get ashley burch for our generic waifu shit so we got this even worse whore instead
>Laura bailey dot jpeg

sorkin doesn't do va work anymore.

>Sorry sir, but we can't get Troy Baker for this game.
>What? I don't want that ass-clown. Get me Matt "The Cooler Troy" Mercer.
>Yes, sir.

I really didn't like how he sounded as Leon in RE6

>watch him DM
>get inspired to DM my own games with lots of embellishment and doing voices and stuff

I wish I could be cool like him

>Was usually always a player in games
>Try my hand at DMing
>I'm great at the story bits and interactions because I write a lot
>Bad at the combat bits because I constantly fucked up with enemy units and stuff
>Friends weren't as big in to the roleplaying bit as I was
God dammit.

nothing gets a bunch of munchkins roleplaying like giving out tangible rewards for good roleplay

posting best Baker role

Combat is mostly practice. I'd also suggest limiting the enemy combatants to less than 4 until you get good.

>all these people itt actually knowing and memorising voice actors and their names

>Sir we can't find anyone to voice our retarded main characters!
>Damnit! Congress really has us by the balls this time!
>Gentlemen, get me the phone, I have a ringer.

Sorry we're not all autistic like you.

>Watch movie
>"Hey I've seen that guy before. Isn't that Jack Nicholson?"
It's the same thing.

>this npc is real
w h o a

>Johnny Yong Bosch disappeared off of the face of the Earth

Watched Dark Knight Rises the other day, only then just realised that guy is the dude who plays littlefinger in GoT

deadset do this all the time with anime voices,but I can't remember their jap names so I just see it as the same guy who played this other character I know

I mean Alex Mercer isn't amazing, but Troy Baker is an awful awful actor. He's only in anything because he has a "cool" voice. He's like Steve Blum except you know Steve Blum can actually give good performances when they cast him right.

They use Troy Baker in all the Telltale games don't they?
Saw my brother playing the Batman one the other day and Bruce Wayne sounds exactly the same as the main guy in the Tales from the borderlands

Literally who?

>We need someone who can actually do a range of voices like a cold assassin in an anime to a one line spouting protagonist for an action game
>I got you famalam

Baker actually changes his voice for Rhys I thought? He certainly doesn’t sound like Batman sounds

sounds like that one story about the dm giving her players stickers and shit

>It's YET ANOTHER Nolan North episode.

fuck troy baker

I want the OG Ocelot from mgs2/4.

Seriously what the hell happened to him?

You’re just a bad DM if you don’t reward creative thinking

>this post again

Look up his actual voice credits. The irony is that you don't know what other voices he does because you don't recognize him when he does them. He's done a lot more than the handful of leading roles you're aware of.

Mercer also has enormous range.

>Wanting Troy Barker
>At all

Fuck that smug piece of shit, he sounds the same on every fucking game he is in. I don't even have to check imdb to know Troy Barker voiced the character.

Nolan North is cool and has plenty of range, it's not his fault most devs just want him to do his normal voice

>plenty of range
Ha.

I kinda blame Telltale for making me tired of Baker at this point. I still think he's the worst voice for Batman.

Hello, my name is Phil Lamarr. Today I will be playing the role of everyone

He was that evil guy in The Last Of Us and I had no idea

>It's a Tim Curry episode

She was in something just recently where it was really jarring when she talked because she was the only one doing a good job

Don't a lot of voice actors get type casted because they can do the one voice? I mean I would think they have a very decent range but never get to show it since everyone hires them for the one voice

I've always wanted to kind of just play fast and loose with combat, like focus on the experience more than the numbers

I'm guessing that's Horizon? Haven't played it but I heard the same shit.

It's so true, it hurts. I wonder how he feels about being the runner up.

Wasn't he doing a lot of stuff with his band? He needs to get back into some games though.

drugs.

>we need Laura Bailey to reprise a role, but she's still busy doing bigger budget western stuff
>say no more, I have JUST the solution

Phil is based though

She even sort of looks like Laura

He did?

At least we're rid of Lowenthal.

>We need a voice that will turn men gay
>say no more senpai

>Alex Mercer

>its Yuri Lowenthal being smug episode

>Matt Mercer is the poor man's Troy Baker
>Alexis Tipton is the poor man's Laura Bailey

Is there a poor man's Travis Willingham?

I don’t think there is one, he does both triple a games and absolute shit games

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This guy. He's got it.

>we need a man that'll have no lines
>i'll make the call

One of my most cherished memories is participating with Douglas during one of those interactive erotic fan fiction reading panels he used to do. He played Wesker, I played Sonic.

>playing japanese games in english

I can't believe he got with Laura Bailey. I can't believe how he still gets shit roles. Must feel bad knowing your wife gets all the good shit.

>tfw actually kinda like Nolan North
I know he's probably the most stock male voice in the industry but I find he delivers in pretty much every game he's in.

>Hyden Walch
>Ali Hillis
>Antony Del Rio
>Troy Baker
>S.Scott Bolluck
>Cree Summer
>Alan Oppenheimer
>Nika Futterman
>Fred Tatasciore
>Kari Whalgren

The localization Of Kid Icarus Uprising was a wild fucking ride

>start playing persona 5 not knowing anything about voicr actors
>suddenly kamoshida
>mfw
How is he so good

>has time to pursue his nerdy as fuck hobbies like playing dnd
>gets tons of diverse voice roles instead of just being typecast as mister cool
>handsome face and beautiful hair

He's got it pretty good.

>We need someone to voice whoever the fuck.
>You rang?

He's a great actor and a good dude, there's nothing wrong with liking him.

Remember that most people complaining about him and similar common voice actors are unaware that these actors often get asked to do their iconic voice by the studio they're recording for.

Before the Storm, right?
That was really weird since she was so shit in the original but then in this cheap spin-off game she suddenly got good.

>We need someone to only play one role ever
>Here you go, sir

>mfw it's because He's in New Zealand

Probably not, but that'd be a shock

How the fuck did they even cast him for Vergil?

Does he still reprise his old roles at least? I figure maybe he just has enough of those to go back to if they need him.

>Refuses to word of Life is Strange because Strike shekels
>Literally bitches about Trump 24/7

>dubs

Pathetic.

>He wants to be a VA for anime and japanese games.
You know that's like saying you want to be cashier at Walmart, right?

Nip VAs are pretty insular too, honestly.

>we need matthew mercer for this game
>sorry sir he is too busy but we have someone else

so does all that hardware give him supreme nigga-powers?

...Wait, what?

He was Zero in MVCI. Definitely doing less voice work but he's there. I can't wait to hear him in Code Grass R3

IT'S

Reuben and him are bros

Yeah but he still won cause he got laura bailey.

Localization is a thing
It’s not simply a dub

Kid Icarus Uprising is a an example of a game whose Localization was purposely made different and ultimately became the better version

Tired of Laura Bailey being in everything, so I don't mind the replacement.

dan green

Well, Reuben Langdon also worked on Power Rangers with him (this is the extent of my knowledge) and they both did stunts for those shows back in the day

Reuben's past as a Japanese TV hero might've had something to do with it, but I have no idea

>we need someone to literally voice every single character in existence

>we need steve blum for this steve blum
>sorry steve blum, steve blum is too steve blum but we have steve blum

The dude has a good job, is handsome as fuck seriously this dude is pretty fucking hot no homo, and got to marry Laura Bailey. I'm pretty sure hes one of the happiest men alive.

I absolutely love Nolan as Nathan Drake. He completely owns that role.

Ian Sinclair. He replaced Travis's role in D.Gray Man and he also "replaced" Travis in the Free dub which was just an Ouran cast reunion.

he's a stunt guy

So they went looking for stunt guys that could also be decent VAs

That's fine, Matt isn't a total twat like Troy is.