What can change the nature of a planescape torment thread

What can change the nature of a planescape torment thread

Just finished this amazing game, why didn't I play it sooner. What did you guys think? Also is Tides of numenera any good?

amazing game, I hope you got the best answer to the question

If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me.

UPDATED MY JOURNAL

I played it many years ago and really enjoyed it. I got it as a gidt through steam at Christmas, was steadily making my way through until I was cursed with hiccups, killed the NPC in a rage and then found out there's no way to ever remove the curse so I uninstalled and won't be playing it again

Nu-men era is OK, combat is hot garbage, there's endless dialogue and fluff

>Also is Tides of numenera any good?
Depends on what you are looking for I guess. I thought it was awful. You definitely shouldn't expect a proper successor to Planescape: Torment.

I actually answered the same as the good incarnation.

Also Annah a cute

mindlessly attacking someone with the ability to uncurse you is your fault, you only had to speak to the mage outside to teach you a better curse
should have just reloaded a save

ajust rushed this game with a MAX CON, MAX WIS warrior. Everything dies and you don't. "The weak should fear the strong"

>mindlessly attacking someone with the ability to uncurse you
and where in the game is it stated or hinted at that him remaining alive is the only way to remove the curse? why would speaking to an NPC outside then require me to return to the NPC inside? shitty game logic that expects the player to spam quicksave like a tru PCfat instead of actually roleplaying

you're an idiot, you should know by that point that speaking to people is almost always the answer
and talking to Salabesh (outside mage) beforehand would inform you that he's a master of curses and very capable

you get cursed, learn a curse of your own to place on Jumble, and then Jumble will uncurse you and Reekwind
you're already taught that threatening him doesn't work because he cursed you in response, why would killing him achieve anything?

i don't disagree with such features in the setting at all. too normal for a place so metaphysical

>ree why aren't there any black people in the Witcher?
>the setting has no black people, it would be wrong to shove them in for no reason

>ree why aren't there any white jpeople in Numenera?
>the setting has no white people, it would be wrong to shove them in for no reason

>mental gymnastics
yeah we get it, old boring ass CRPGs are from an age where quicksaving was how every PC uck played every game. the world has moved on since then and it's time you caught up with how the pros were playing games back then (not spamming quicksave)

Christ. I mean I agree that it's fantasy that should distance itself from our world, but it clearly sounds like some agenda their pushing. What made Torment so amazing in my opinion is how alien and different it was from norms and usual fantasy. I really want to play a Planescape roleplay session but it seems pretty outdated

What's the word, chief?

I know you're baiting me, it's just a shame you have to do it in a good game's thread
maybe try a Subnautica or SotC thread, might be more retards in there

>don't trust the skull
>he's the biggest bro in the game

So who was he anyways, I mean before he got SKULLED

>don't trust the skull
I love this game so much, but this was a huge disappointment. I thought he was going to betray you or some shit, was legitimately freaked out when I read that.

doesn't matter

calling out lazy game design of the 90s is bait? do you understand how roleplay works? the game master is not supposed to lay tricks that permanently fuck you over, they are supposed to bend and shape the game so that even if you do something that doesn't follow their autistically curated plan you can still have fun - so why does torment permanently fuck your entire game over before you even reach the half way mark because you killed an NPC who clearly chaotic evil? because the devs knew their audience. the cucks that spam quick save before every NPC interaction, entering a door, starting battle, etc so that they can get the perfect result - but for anyone that doesn't rely on savescumming well you're fucked better hope you have a save within a reasonable time frame because you played the game WRONG and black isle are going to punish you for it

>quotes roleplay
Then you know that actions have consequences. If you're going to murderhobo then expect to get fucked

he ended up in the Pillar of Skulls, a place where people who lied and lead others to their deaths go
he told the Good Incarnation that Ravel could make him immortal, which she did but it still fucked him up
as for who he was though it's unknown, but I think he hints a lot that he can't have been all that great so most likely a thief or some other type of scum

it doesn't permanently fuck you over, I told you how to cure it
stay mad, I don't care

>y-y-y-y-you knew what to ee-e-e-e--expect b-b--based black isle can do no wrong *quickloads*
how absolutely BTFO do you have to be to resort to childish arguments like this LOL

>no way to cure it if the NPC is dead
>no way to know killing the NPC will leave your game permanently fucked
why so much mental gymnastics during the winter olympics??? what the FUCK

Yeah I guess. He probably lied a thousand lies that fucked up people all over the place. Still what an absolutely terrible fate to end up in the pillar, I'd rather fight the blood war for an eternity.

i can never make out what the pillar of skulls shouts if you make it upset

>disappointment

Why? It was great. You get baited into thinking you're warning yourself only to learn you're crazy as fuck former self wrote that because he's fucking nuts. I don't understand why you would be disappointed just because it didn't do exactly what you expected it to do make it like every other boring thing on earth.

Guess what dumb nigger. There was a time in gaming where people expected you to fucking think instead of being led by the hand everywhere.

I'm confused, is the First Incarnation (Good) also the original Nameless One?
on the wiki it says that the Good Incarnation committed crimes so severe that nothing could be done to make it right, so he asked Ravel to make him immortal
but how can an incarnation ask Ravel to make him immortal, if incarnations can't exist without said immortality?
it doesn't make sense, surely the incarnations exist after the original Nameless One is granted immortality?

The ambient sounds in this place sure were spoopy.

I just saw this argument going on but I don't understand why you didn't have a save to load?

If you were that far through the game why didn't you have more saves?

The first one is the incarnation, and every one after is a reincarnation.

What was the point of the Lothar character? Seemed really out of place to me.

It is a shitty game. People only care about the writing in it, but it is pretty mediocre. Only manchildren who never read a non-genre book in their lives are impressed by it.

I totally forgot about him. He's the Tom Bombadill of the game for sure. He can kill the TNO if you upset him if I recall

right, so does it make sense to say the Good Incarnation is a memory within the current player character's?
I'm aware that the Rule of Three is what keeps Good, Practical and Paranoid in his mind

hot opinion

he's a lead and tells you about Ravel and where you can find her, just a knowledgeable character and plot device

>combat is hot garbage
This is what kind of infuriates me about nu-men-era. Why have all these class features, abilities, and gear focused on combat if a) you barely get to use them and b)it comes at the active detriment to the focus on skill checks? I get that since they used the numenera setting they wanted to try and adapt those mechanics as well but holy fucking shit, why would ever play anything besides nano?

Well the good incarnation says himself that he was the one inside his head when he felt a memory surfacing. As for the incarnations themselves I'm not sure. They were the only one's to make it to the fortress and die and now they're trapped there? So basically they're his memories but stuck in another place?

there should have been an option to actually kill yourself with the blade from the golem. seems like a better ending to me than fighting blood war forever

>comparing video games to literature

Looks like you don't actually understand why the game is so beloved in the first place

Didn't get far in it, but i quit. The developers don't understand what makes torment great and are aping it in all the wrong ways. Plus the prose is really awful which is the main reason why i quit and is the perfect showcase of them not understanding the original.

>Plus the prose is really awful
That's why I quit, couldn't get into it.