What is the best Halo game and why is it Halo Reach?

What is the best Halo game and why is it Halo Reach?

That's not 5

All the Halo games are utterly generic at best

Halo 2

Before all the faggoy CoD shit was added like sprinting and jetpacks and you actually had to know how to aim and position yourself.

>Halo Reach
>Not halo 1

armor locking faggot

elaborate

>cod invented sprinting

fuck off amerilard

I don't honestly think it's the best, but it's my personal favorite for sure

REMASTER WHEN??

Which one have a best multiplayer?

Never said that but okay there big guy.
I was talking about how the series started going down the shitter when the devs started incorporating elements from other popular titles on the xbox into the barebones Halo.

Halo 4 has by far the most engaging story and best game play of the franchise. The tragedy of Cortana and the love between her and master chief is just one of the ways it shows that it isn’t just a mediocre “lol shoot da aliens” series that the franchise started out as.

el goblino..

>Who is the biggest nigger and why is it this faggot op?

Over half the mp maps in the game were bland forge mock ups with no style or substance. It started the shit trend of loadouts in Halo games and ruined the arena style gameplay of the original trilogy. Reachfags need to be gassed.

But one forge map could feel very different from another.

reach was perfection and had most fun multiplayer get over it faggot

Sure user it's not like most of them were made on the same map or anything. It's not like they had the same lighting or used the same dark grey blocks for literally everything.

No, I mean they could feel different. Asphalt vs Blood Gultch for example.

>reach was perfection
>Bloom
>Worst maps out of the bungie games
>Armor abilities

>Comparing assphalt to a remake of Blood Gulch

You're just proving my point you pleb.

?

DELUDED

>Asphalt (Reach OC): Soulless, generic and grey. Pic related.
>Blood Gulch (CE remake): Map keeps forge shit to a minimum, has a strong focus on vehicles and is a great CTF map. Also has color.

nah

So you agree with me...

>Campaign
ODST > 2 > 3 > Reach > CE > 4 > 5

>Multiplayer
5 > 2A > 2 > 3 > CE > Reach > 4

>Customs
5 > Reach > 2A > 4 > 3 > 2 > CE

Yes, Reach maps are lazy cop outs made by shit devs in forge or ripped straight out of the campaign. The only good maps in the game are remakes of older maps from the actual GOOD Halo games. Prove me wrong faggot I dare you.

Meant for this idiot

>Yes
So you've confirmed that you're changing your stance and agreeing that forge maps can feel distinct from each other. Got it.

>Implying that Blood Gulch is a Reach forge map and not a remake of a CE masterpiece

SEETHING Reachcuck

Because i've wasted too much fucking time in it.

Halo is a lot of things but generic is not one of them. Even at it's height Halo wasn't generic, and no other competing FPS title was really similar to it. Halo never had a lot in common with brown and grey shooters like GoW or CoD.

Halo 2 is also my favorite but I think 5's new movement mechanics do a good job of building off the core of what makes Halo Halo while also bringing it closer to it's arena shooter roots by adding move advanced movement options.

Charge and ground pound are bullshit, but thrust, hover, and slide are good. I'm neutral on sprint.

Reach's loadouts were nothing like 4's and 5 doesn't have loadouts: Reach's loadouts was litterally just armor abilitiy selection.I agree it was a step away from the arena shooter roots of the series, but it wasn't a huge step and would have been fine in specific modes.

Also, Reach had the best sandbox balance in the series since CE and the bestt sandbox of any Halo game other then maybe 5 now. It did get a lot of things wrong (such as awful maps), but it did a loot of stuff right, too.

Congratulations, this is the least awful rankings i've ever seen in a Halo thread. Mine:

>SP
2 > ODST > 3 = Reach > CE >> 4 > 5

>Core MP
2A > 2 = 5 >> 3 = Reach = CE >>> 4

>Customs, forge, etc
5 >> 2A > Reach > 4 > 3 > 2 > CE

2 had the most fun customs overall though due to the early xbox live community even if it objectively was the second worst for it.

It's a forge made map which is what the point of contention was.

Reach has an awful campaign made worse by disgusting motion blur.

Why is it awful?

>Reach's loadouts was litterally just armor abilitiy selection

That's how they were used in most game modes, but for example Invasion gave you different weapons as well.

But in any case, they were just an extension of the starting weapon options previous Halo games had. They weren't a player customization menu option, like in H4.

>Forge made map he says
>Was released almost 10 years before Reach even existed

Only a retarded brainlet like you thinks it was just about "shoot da aliens". There already was the perfect MC-cortana relationship in H2- H3

We were talking about how the forge palette makes maps indistinguishable...

>5, Reach and 4 having better customs than 3

ya ok lad.

So you chose to compare Asphalt, a map that's almost 100% made of those shit grey forge tiles, to Blood Gulch, a map with almost none.

Really activating the almonds there chief.

That's my point. Forge maps can feel distinct from one another.

.....by not being forge maps.

>bloom
>armor abilities
>terrible mp maps
>terrible writing and characters
the death of reach was the death of halo

objectively wrong

Explain what's so bad about the maps.

every single one has an awful choke point

it's almost as if it was a corporate directive

Not the same user and it's subjective, but that almost every map that got selected was mad in forge and looked almost the same as the other forge maps made them a little boring for me

b8

god damn why does Sup Forums have so many underage shitters? For how "hardcore" a lot of people on here like to act, when it comes to Halo they are probably all H3 Staff Captains who can only play the games that got turned into space-cod.

Please make more of this, the Europoors need to learn their place.

This