This game completely outclasses both Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, and is clearly the best game on the Nintendo 64

This game completely outclasses both Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, and is clearly the best game on the Nintendo 64.

Discuss why it’s so underrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lavmBLo1R0U
youtube.com/watch?v=YPCCDj6zSp4
youtube.com/watch?v=-GkkZoaPCrU
youtu.be/FKDlqdsw1i8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's shit, a tedium to play.

COCONUT GUNS

Er, no, friend. No nostalgia, played both B-K and DK64 recently and B-K beats it easily. I don’t know why you aren’t aware, but people have repeatedly pointed out the horrible collectible system in DK64, it being locked to the individual Kongs and so on. Hell, even the music in DK64 is nothing compared to B-K, despite shockingly being by the same composer.

T. People who feel like they're wasting their time when they play games

ina ddition to the shit collectable system:

the camera in DK64 is godawful, and the moveset is sluggish and largely uninteresting compared to BK, let alone mario

None of the worlds in DK compare to anything from the other games either

I couldnt sit through Banjo Kazooie last month when I played it on my xbox one x. The sounds/voices are annoying, the controls are slippery, and the level design is shit. How it got so much praise over the years has to be due to nostalgia goggles

I loved it when I was a kid but I admit it's not very good. It has its moments though; it's very charming and the final boss is great. I would love to see another attempt at a Donkey Kong 3D platformer.

Some people don't like it because it goes overboard with the collectables. It also has bugs and glitches out the ass.

HE

As I said I have no nostalgia for Banjo-Kazooie

Too much of DK64's gameplay is locked behind minin games instead of focusing on the core game mechanic and making them interesting.

Just post the kongs already.

is this the only game that lets you transform from an orangutan into a swordfish?

THEY FIRE IN SPURTS

if you said banjo tooie i might've agreed, but kazooie? that game is clearly a weaker game than the dong 64 game

Why the fuck has there not been a proper sequel? Please Nintendo, just fucking buy Rare already. I am sick of rehashed 2D DK shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=lavmBLo1R0U
youtube.com/watch?v=YPCCDj6zSp4
youtube.com/watch?v=-GkkZoaPCrU

HE HAS NO STYLE

youtu.be/FKDlqdsw1i8
The only good thing about DK 64

HE HAS NO ____

Well, yeah, this game makes me feel like Im wasting my time, unlike other that feel rewarding atleast

That's a bad thing user, games are intended to be time wasters.

It's very tedious to 100% unlike the 2D games.
With that said, it's a lot, lot better than most 3D collection games with platform additions, like Crash, Spyro, BK, etc

There's a reason why collectathon became a dirty word after this game came out.

>Crash, Spyro, BK
what? You can get the secret ending to all 3 crashes in like 30 hours blind. It isn't tedious at all

DK64 is tedious compared to the 2D games.
I dislike Crash because it's pretty much the same - outside of one or two gimmicks, it's basically "get to the end of a linear path"

But good time wasters, I mean, Desert Bus could be considered the ultimate time waster but I wouldn't be enjoying my time. Donkey Kong 64 feels like that, I would rather do something else

>"get to the end of a linear path"
...Just like 2D games?

Stop trolling.
DK64 is not Crash Bandicoot. Stop fucking acting like I'm comparing CB to the 2D GBA games

The issue with DK64 isn't that the game is objectively programmed like shit (only has the expansion pack because there was a massive game breaking bug that it fixes and it needed to be released the winter release, you can walk through any wall just by tanking the framerate enough which is extremely easy to do)

The issue with DK64 isn't that the game is literally designed to waste your time as much as possible (use kong A to open a gate, walk all the way down the winding tunnel only to see another gate that needs kong B to open it, walk all the way back out of the tunnel to find a tag barrel and finally go back in to open it)

The issue with DK64 isn't that all the characters combined have less abilities that one character does in banko kazooie, or that a bunch of the "upgrades" are wasted on stupid shit like improved ground pounds that can hit arbitrarily different color switches and a bunch of abilities that are glorified keys to doors like level pulling or tiny teleport

The issue with DK64 isn't even that despite being based on a pretty decent platformer series and aping the style of a game with some of the best platforming of any non 2D game that there is literally zero platforming.

The issue with DK64 is that the fundamental gameplay (collecting things) is boring as fuck. The game has 200 bananas but so many of them are just repeats of something you already did. The game is straight up lazy. Every single level has 5 bananas that all follow a very similar gimmick and are often based in the same area but for different characters. You play every shitty minigames at least 3 times. There's at least a half dozen of them that are literally "press a button and a banana magically appears from nowhere". It's bullshit.

Oh, and the game also expected children to beat the original donkey kong game with only one life with the fucking jank N64 pad

Twice.

but all those other things are issues too

what

>there is literally zero platforming.

I don't even know why DK64 is called a platformer. I don't know what you'd call it though.

He’s giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you’re deliberately misinterpreting him instead of being an illiterate retard.

It's been close to 20 years since Rare did something worthwhile, why would Nintendo want them?

Who cares? They could get access to a bunch of old IPs like Banjo, Conker etc. and have other studios work on them like Retro.

maybe I was a retarded kid or something but DK64 just confused the shit out of me. It felt disorienting and having all those different characters serving different purposes only added to my perplexion.

A collectathon

>they could get access to even more IPs that they will throw in the bin with he rest of their dead franchises.
Great!

Playing DK64 is like paying someone to do a minimum-wage job, except at the end of it you don't have anything to put on your CV.

Did they ever fix the emulation issues with this game? I remember it being unplayable on an old version of Project64.

It works fine on my everdrive

I replayed Banjo Kazooie recently, and I wouldn't say it holds up as a stellar platformer with its stiff mechanics, but I do think it earns points for making the most of simple environments.

The colors and music are pleasantly distinct from one another, and the maps aim more for having memorable landmarks and unique set-pieces more-so than making them unnecessarily huge for the sake of making the player wander endlessly around.

user what the fuck are you even saying? Try making an argument instead of just greentexting.

He is saying DK64 is more tedius compared to 2D games.
But he dislikes Crash because it's 2D games taken to a 3D plain and thinks DK64 is better.
I mean, yeah, he could prefer DK64 over Crash, but "linearity" isn't an argument.

Those franchises are useless to Nintendo, if they wanted to do BK, they would do a more refined 3D Donkey Kong game, no need for the IP. Besides, I doubt they would do something with Conker, the other decent Rare IP.

Yeah it outclasses both in being more tedious than both of them combined.

Not even close.

DK64 is an incredibly tedious collectathon where you constantly need to switch characters in order to collect things which you can't do on the fly.
Also many of the mechanics were just not thought through.

I finished the game at 111% or whatever completely as a kid becasuse I thought that's how you would unlock KKR last boss fight. Then after weeks I finally figured out how to go fight against KKR. Holy fucking shit was this game good. My parents refused to buy me gun games because they said it would be bad for me so I played this all day long after school. I miss those days.

HE

COCONUT GUNS

racist game

I really like the game, but it IS super tedious, and super depressing to play.

I mean, after Mario and Banjo, the levels are all so dark and depressing.

>a deep, dark jungle
>a blistery desert
>a dark factory
>a dark cave
>a more different dark cave
>a dark castle
>a dark forest

You must be smoking crack OP. DK 64 is by far the worst rare game on the N64. There is WAY to much backtracking and it lags more than your mum

Sometimes I feel that way, although in DK64s case I beat it relativley quickly when I came back to it years later.

101% dk 64 twice
100% banjo kazooie and tooie so many times I lost count
Was it autism?

CG

This game was the best I mean...

Banjo had 100 puzzle pieces
Mario had 120 stars
But this game had 200 bananas.

It had the most. Therefore it was the best

SHE'S QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE AND QUICK AND NIMBLE

That's not a fucking emulator

overratted mess of a game
grant is an overratted hack fraud who makes music for really shitty games like viva pinata so it shouldnt be a suprize that the dkc64 soundtrack sucks ass
goldeneye is the only good 3d rare game

*SNES games
ftfy underage