Why, in a game that allows you multiple different ways to complete an objective...

why, in a game that allows you multiple different ways to complete an objective, is the only way you can get into Gerudo Town through completing a mission for a set of clothes? why can't i sneak in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EPDR13LgV7o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Comfiest town in the game.
Vasaaq

Because some faggot jap at nintendo wanted to have his crossdressing fetish put into the game.

it was actually to appeal to women

modern females love seeing men in feminine situations

It bothers me too, OP.
You should at least be able to just sneak into Riju's chamber where she actually knows and trusts you.

What happens if you try to sneak in without the girlie clothes?

>wait until nightfall
>climb the walls near the palace
>avoid guards patrolling outside Riju's room
>speak with Riju inside her room and start the questline from there
Don't know why that section is so linear.

Ass soon as you cross the walls the screen fades to black and you're kicked out, even if nobody actually sees you.

you get thrown out of town. note, that this happens at all times of day, and no matter how you attempt to enter

Second question, how does the game handle the edges of the game world?

This is why faggots moaning about how the game should have been more """structured""" and linear need to be immediately ignored. The linear parts of BotW are the worst parts of the game.

>why, in a game that allows you multiple different ways to complete an objective
Because that wasn't the intention. The game is just easy to break.
Most shrines were designed with one solution in mind, and most combat situations have about as many "ways to complete" as Far Cry 4.

The same way TES does.
>invisible wall
>"you can't go that way"

It's a "You cannot go any further, turn back" message.

Unvisible wall in Gerudo desert and eastern ocean.
Bottomless pit all around the western edges.

This doesn't sound like 97/100 material to me.

Bottomless canyons, endless oceans, or constant sandstorms.

What, do you expect the world to go on infinitely?

>Because that wasn't the intention

The developers have specifically said it was the intention on multiple occasions.

Well then maybe you shouldn't listen to review scores, dumbass.

Then they sucked at it, unless all they compared to was other 3D Zeldas.

Yet people complain on this board it's too free form, that you shouldn't be able to skip stuff, history shouldn't be opitional, etc.

For an open world game it sure is linear as fuck where it actually counts.

7.5/10 and thats with the zelda tax

Quite the opposite really. The open world aspects of the game are complete trash. If you just want to pointless dick around then go play minecraft. It just goes to show that BotW was a total rush job and nothing more than a glorified tech demo.

I just expected something a little less amateurish than Bethesda's solution.

No reason to nitpick, the only open world game without invisible walls I've ever played is Morrowind which had an endless amount of sea to explore. Since the whole world in BotW is connected you'd actually have to add a curvature to the whole world and make it round or you'd need a transition area which just lets you pop up on the other side of the world.

but there are similar obstructions and challenges to entering the other settlements, such as the high temperature in death mountain (which i know there is a sidequest where you find a guy who will give you potions to grant you enough heat resistance to make it to goron town, i however could not find him and just ran there and survived by eating food), as well as zora's domain, which is surrounded by rain and tries to make you go through the ravine (which i just autisimed through and climbed)

To get eaten by sharks like GTA does it.

You say that like there's some issue, and you have a better solution in mind.

I agree user, they should have taken a hint from No Man's Sky and had infinite computer generated content. So exciting!

You don't have to bend over backwards trying to fit in on Sup Forums.

>Most shrines were designed with one solution in mind,
Absolutely wrong. There's interviews where the designers said they wanted people to find multiple ways to complete shrines.

It's considerably less linear than your run in the mill open world game

BotW? More like BTFO.
youtube.com/watch?v=EPDR13LgV7o

I guess the temperature is quite unique. The shadows are colder than direct sunlight in the desert, right?
I'm mainly thinking of ways to fight enemies.

Trying to pass off as a woman in a foreign country can't be solved by manipulating physics

>less amateurish
>when the alternatives are falling off a cliff, getting eaten by seamonsters or infinite nothingness

Oh look, it's the "tech demo" shitposter again.

Stop using buzzwords you don't understand.

easy trap bait for sub-human weeb garbage

What exactly would be less amateurish, though?

Surrounding the entire map in impassible rock walls? That wouldn't make any sense geographically.

>in a game that allows you multiple different ways to complete an objective

What game are you talking about? It's certainly not BOTW

i just started this game a few days ago (on cemu)
is it literally just do those 4 beasts and then kill ganon? it also feels like the part inside the colossi is way too short, i just did the fire one in 15 min.

>Buying a disguise is considered a "mission"

>turning LA into an island just to solve the map limits problem
I'd like a more natural landscape with unnatural limits than contrived shit.

2D Zeldas were mostly linear too though.

In between them you have 200 shrines where you push metal ball in a hole and 2000 seeds to find

>is it literally just do those 4 beasts and then kill ganon?

if you like getting one-shotted by everything because you skip all the gear progression and heart/stamina upgrades you can just kill ganon

>is it literally just do those 4 beasts and then kill ganon?
It can be, but you can do a lot more.

> it also feels like the part inside the colossi is way too short
Yes, the dungeons suffered because they put so much effort into the open world. It is one of the few disappointing aspects of the game.

Grand Theft Auto V is set on an island which makes the invisible barriers a lot less awkward. Shadow of the Colossus is set in a valley with high rockfaces, cliffs that peer over sheer drops, and an ocean whose waves push you back to the beach, though of course that game doesn't let you fly. Other common solutions include endless evil death fog, anything the villain is responsible for that kills you if you go too far.

Looping the world would be the best solution, though I doubt the Switch would be powerful enough for that.

Yeah, but some lets you do temples in different orders. Should've said Zeldas in general, though.

>invisible walls
>you can not go any further
So if these aren't respectable ways to cut off the open world then what would you do?

I sure as hell don't

Not him, but I probably would have just changed the text to say something like, "there's more to be done in Hyrule" so it's like the goddess is keeping you there or something

I would look two posts above

You can bomb yourself over obstacles, you can guide moving obstacles with the cryo ability, an ice arrow, time stop ability, magnets, an iron hammer or patience. You can use weapons as conductors as well as arrows, you can use water puddles for crowd control or defense, etc etc

You still get one shot by everything though because the monsters scale with your hearts/gears
It's literally a time waster and filler

>Looping the world would be the best solution, though I doubt the Switch would be powerful enough for that.
You have 0 idea what you're talking about, thanks for letting us all know.

>You still get one shot by everything though
You should try actually playing the game before forming opinions on it

This, it also felt like a town. The other two races had a pretty medicore towns in comparison. Kinda wish they allowed you to buy a home in Gerudo instead of the other place. Oh well, I'll keep LARPing that I am Riju's personal body pillow.

It's not like the black bokoblins get stronger, you just see more of the silvers as you get better

It's annoying as fuck that you can't somehow unlock the ability to be the exception for the rule. Do the gerudo's throw their sons out too or what?

>Shadow of the Colossus is set in a valley with high rockfaces, cliffs that peer over sheer drops, and an ocean whose waves push you back to the beach
BOTW does all of this, it's just a few areas where it's a flat plain off the map where the message pops up.

Your solution against an invisible wall is an insurmountable? Go die in your endless evil death fog you faggot.

I think the lore is that they almost never have male children, and when they do it's a big deal, like auto-king or something

>in a game that allows you multiple different ways to complete an objective
This isn't really a thing. The game gives you the illusion of choice but it really pigeonholes you a lot.

>Grand Theft Auto V is set on an island which makes the invisible barriers a lot less awkward.
I disagree. Having an open-world game that takes place on an island is a complete cop-out. So many games do it as an excuse to not have to deal with the concept that there may be places you can't go. It just makes the world look awkwardly disjointed. And quite frankly I find it hard to suspend disbelief that almost every open-world game conveniently takes place on a little island that just happens to have a ton of different types of geographic landscapes in such a small area.

You're completely wrong about that.

Holy fuck are you literally 12?

Is this something I should know from mid-series lore? I've only ever played BotW and the very first Zelda

And don't forget that the island is incredibly tiny yet the rural areas are nearly not inhabited for whatever reason.

Let's be honest. If this was Wii U only it wouldn't be as highly regarded.

I like how Just Cause 2 did islands. Instead of one big landmass it's an archipelago with lots of small islands that make sense. You don't really feel the need to push past the ends of the map either, because the whole thing is so huge.

Let's be honest: no.

looks like fucking Outcast (a game from 1999)

That the only male Gerudo ever can only be Ganon is boring as fuck.

I don't see how having impossible amounts of geographic diversity in an area a fraction of the size of Rhode Island is any less believable when placed on an island. I also don't see how a text box screaming at the player to TURN BACK because THIS IS A VIDEO GAME FAGGOT is any better than, just, a sea. You must have an extremely lopsided tolerance for nonsense bullshit if you genuinely believe a text pop-up is better than a more creative solution.

outcast looked better than that

>you can't somehow unlock the ability to be the exception for the rule.
No. Fuck that, to be honest.
You sneak in but you're not allowed to roam the city freely unless you crossdress.

They're supposed to have one male king every hundred years or something right?

About the timeframe Ganon reincarnates. I have the feeling Ganon invades the womb of some Gerudo every single time and causes some kind of genetic defect. Gerudo males just can't be be born naturally.

Yeah god fucked up the bridge from Alaska to Russia, I agree.

>You must have an extremely lopsided tolerance for nonsense
Pot, meet kettle.

What the fuck is the point of sneaking around? Especially in fucking breath of the wild of all games? Literally the most retarded idea I have ever heard.

After you help all of them out they should recognize you as the hero of the town and let you in to make all the pussies wet when you walk around.

???

Not being autistic helps.

>Literally the most retarded idea I have ever heard.
No, that would be sacrificing their culture and taking away the area's unique feature because you want your dick sucked.

>What the fuck is the point of sneaking around? Especially in fucking breath of the wild of all games
Are you seriously saying that stealth is useless in BOTW? Because you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

>tfw no qt gerudo gf
I want us to take turns princess carrying each other.

Islands exist in real life.

I think the "one male per hundred years" this stopped with Ganondorf circa Ocarina of Time. Or at least, it stopped a long time before the events of BotW, because Urbosa mentions the matter of Ganon incarnating as a Gerudo as if it were something that happened a long, long time ago.

I know the Zelda canon isn't exactly known for its tight consistency, but if there were still Gerudo males being born every hundred years and they were still kings you'd think the subject would have come up in BotW. But Riju seems to be ruling unopposed.

>muh culture
Literally no one gives a fuck. Especially in breath of the wild where literally no one gives a shit about race or whatever. Even in Ocarina of Time they started to let you roam around.

You're literally getting upset over a piece of plastic

>but who cares, let me do what I want
If you don't understand the concept of keeping a strong cultural identity in difficult times I don't know what to tell you. It's pointless since everything will be overridden by "I don't want to go through a menu screen for two seconds, the game should bend over backwards to cater to me".

Rito Village was decent, I think. Zora one was fine and grand looking, but I don't think you ever saw the living quarters of zoras, which kinda sucked.

It ain't Gothic

They go to sleep in those big communal pools under the throne room. Kind of lame, but that's the reasoning in game, I think.

>literally save their city from guaranteed doom
>half the town knows you are cross dressing anyway
>hmmmmmmm? I just sensed someone not wearing female pants in town, better teleport him out of the city

The problem one of Zelda's main things is being able to get over or around everything. So flat out saying 'Nope' is the best way to keep players from wasting their time on a fruitless goal.

They should allow players to achieve that goal instead of railroading them.

The salty nintenboys in the thread are amazing, the only example I can readily think of in the game that have an issue involving the "turn back now" sign is inexcusable, considering it's at the edge of the gerudo desert, they could've just as easily filled the outer rim with Molduga or a big fucking sandstorm as it could've the dumb as fuck sign saying lol stay away fggt. Any assertion otherwise is utter cock-suckery for something that should be seen as unanimously bad.

Say, you save England from a huge crisis or whatever and you're deemed a national hero and the Queen wishes to meet you.
Does that mean you should be allowed to enter her palace in underwear instead of formal attire because you're their hero?