Get new game

>Get new game.
>Have to delete old save file of other game.
>tfw

>tfw memory isn't just a chip anymore but a box
It was so much easier back then.

So easy to go over to a friend and continue my playthrough.

had one of those shitty 3rd party memory cards that had over 100 blocks. it was shit but didn't run out of blocks.

ITT: No replies because most of Sup Forums is too young to know this feel.

>ITT: No replies
>Thread has replies

Or my family wasn't dirt poor and I had more than one memory card.

>oh shit bro my memory card is getting fu-

oh wait no it isnt.

>Get new game
>Have to delete old game because of shitty mandatory full game installations
Wow, so much progress.

>thread get 15 replies
>get archived

I used a whole memory card for Saga Frontier alone.

>PS2 comes out
>uses kb instead of blocks

I had a memory card that was two in one but I accidentally switched it over and thought I lost all my data. I was a sad boy.

>share one mem card with 2 siblings
>want to start the sims
>can't save because no free space
>check browser
>12 kingdom hearts saves
Deleted all but 2. Hate me. Fair is fair.

>friend gets a PS2
>go over to his house to play it
>he's a massive casual so he rather watches movies while I play
>finebyme.jpeg
>play this cool-ass Lord of the Rings game
>make it real far
>dinner time, I turn the PS off and go eat what his mom cooked up.
>after dinner turn it back on
>all progress is lost
>wtf
>"oh when we bought the PS we couldn't afford a memory card so no progress is saved in any game whatsoever"
>rage so hard I leave and walk home before mom could pick me up

What the fuck, man

This is why I buy memory cards whenever I see them.

I have at least 15 of them, more than enough room for save data.

>tfw memory cards allowed you to dupe cards in Forbidden Memories

My parents would never buy me one so I had to play as far as I could in one session, they wouldn't let me keep it on while I slept either in case it set the house on fire.

Gamecube was my first console that used memory cards and I received mine with a huge ass Pelican card that has to this day yet to crap out on me. I'm not sure if that's a result of luck or me not owning many GC games back in the day

>PS2
>memory card saves have 3d icons
>delete save
>the save itself looks sad

why'd you turn off the game without saving?

>game takes 3 blocks for one save

I had a similar case with my PS2. My parents knew that the console could play PSX games, but they didn't know that you couldn't save them onto a PS2 mem card.

so you turned the console off without saving and got mad because the game wasnt saved

Funny how we didn't need a message that told us to not remove the memory card during saving, but today EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME starts with the obligatory "this game has auto save, do not turn off you system if you see this symbol" message.

This. I only have room for 2-3 more games on my PS4. At least a memory card was only $30.

wasn't there a game that took the whole memory card?

>Get Diablo 1 on PS1
>Have to delete all save files to save the whole game session of Diablo 1
>tfw

Saving your character only took like 1-2 slots, but that did not save unique items.

There's nothing wrong with explaining that the game has an auto save feature, or what icon represents the game saving in the background.

>trying to play GTA: San Andreas with my shitty 4MB card

>memory card makes you feel strange as a kid

I know Tecmo's Deception practically did

>9 fucking blocks

>store runs out of memory cards
>bought this crap instead
>could compress saves to save space
>put you always had to to insert the cd it came with EVERYTIME you wanted to play any game or else the ps2 doesn't recognize the memory card
>if you broke or lost the disc, you're fucked

Why would you remove the memory card when you are saving? Auto save is different because it just saves whenever it wants. And usually that auto save icon looks like spinning loading icon.

I didn't know how to save when I was little so I tried to play through medievil 2 in one go. My parents didn't know how big of a deal making me quit was.

Really? Go play some older games and try to save. Every one of them will tell you not to remove the memory card or turn the power off

You don't know true pain until your third-party Gamecube memory card becomes corrupt and you lose your 180 emblem Sonic Adventure 2 save (including chao file), Pokemon Stadium save and Animal Crossing save all at once.

This, that guy is full of shit

I mostly played n64/snes before the xbox
came out.

why did xbox and wii still use memory cards

The N64 had it's own memory card problems though

>don't own a memory card because most games have on-board saves
>buy the one of the few fucking games that you can't save in

I remember beating Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon in one 10 hour session due to this shit

on xbox it was optional. for wii it was for gamecube saves.

All the third-party PS1 memory cards I've ever bought got corrupted or didn't work. Pisses me off because I have to sift through listings/stores for official ones, which sometimes have slight connectivity issues of their own.

I THINK Diablo took something like 5

Fucking loved that game but I sucked at it. I still have my n64 in my living room but I don't know where half my games went.

Why hasn't anyone made any PS1 to SD memory card adapters?

You should give it another go if you have a chance, it's one of my faves.
If you do, remember to look up the combos and special moves for the giant robot battles. It was years before I realized you could shoot a giant fucking beam laser as a special.

Wouldn't it be easier just to emulate the PSone instead of trying to convert physical saves?

I don't remember what causes it but for some fucking reason I deleted my Skies of Arcadia savestate and never finished the game because of it. Always wanted to go back to it, but my backlog is so fuckhuge these days...

>yfw the game took the 15 fucking blocks

>user has enough of it
>reply to thread on multiple devices
>call friends and family to do the same thing
check....mate

Loading your game also took goddamn forever

City of Lost Children iirc.

Probably not worth the trouble. But there's ways to back up your saves on pc.

->