Just reinstalled Win7

Just reinstalled Win7.

God damn, it feels good to be back.

>Windows

>mfw my Win7 has been deactivated because the key I bought was from a recently blacklisted set

Is there anyway to replace the key without a fresh install?

I like my GPU and printer to work as intended, thank you.

Why were you ever using anything else?

Enjoy nogames, nohardware, and nopussy.

>Control Panel
>System and Security
>System
Or just, you know, Daz.

>not having a wireless printer

>Why were you ever using anything else?
Because W10 had great support for virtual desktops, which is a feature I love. But it's not worth it, I'll deal with an inferior third party solution on W7.

>but its not worth it
what exactly makes it not worth it, do you think?

Install Gentoo faggots.

i'll use linux for work and in vms but its nothing i want to deal with at home.

gentoo is not libre software

There is the fact that I have to fight the OS as far as updates and privacy are concerned, but the final nail int he coffin were downright crippling bugs connected with my language's special symbols.

Windows 8.1 here, with Controller to M&K emulation it is easily the most comfy OS. You can't prove me wrong.

>pc

>new motherboard + coffee lake CPU forced me to upgrade to windows 10, W7 was bluescreening all over the place with the new hardware
>absolutely fucking hate it and just want to go back but don't have a choice since the newest hardware only supports 10 apparently
fuck everything

It's definitely very good after debloating and getting classic shell, but you'll run into a DirectDraw problem sooner or later.

Have you tried MSI smart tool?

>tfw I paid some smelly NEET on Sup Forums $60 to write windows seven drivers for my covfefe lake gigabyte mobo

welcome back brother
>you dont get to bring 10

same mate I just run an infinite trial loop

I currently enjoy being stuck on this screen for the last months not able to receive updates.
Fucking windows, man.

no, and i have a gigabyte Z370 board if that matters (it was on sale for $50 cheaper, would have bought MSI normally)

all my bluescreen errors stopped in w10 though, from what i have read, it's a matter of the mobo and chipset drivers being incompatible with 7 that causes issues. please tell me if i am wrong and that's just false information from microshills, i'll try anything to go back to win7

Then get a mac

daz loader 2.2.2

>tfw using w7 on 7700k

>tfw hate everything about Win10 but staying just to play State of Decay 2

>tfw still rocking a 3770k

It will last me an upgrade to a gtx 1180...right? I have had no bottle necking of any sort whatsoever.

Then try making a W7 usb stick and run it through MSI smart tool with everything checked. Doesn't matter if your board isn't MSI, though other manufacturers probably have their own program that does the same thing. It adds some missing drivers and it could help you, it's worth trying.

>Using any WindowsBotnet variant(s) in 2018
>Still using WindowsBotnet at all

why would you want 1080?
keep the 970 for a few years, its good

maybe dualbooting is possible for you my friend

Depends on when you start playing modern games or want to break out of 30-60fps.

sure, sounds like a plan. got a new hard drive on the way that will hopefully arrive this week, going to try installing 7 on that son of a bitch. if i can get it running for at least a week with no bluescreens, i'll switch over to 7 and wipe 10 out instantly.

one small question so i hopefully don't have to go over and ask Sup Forums: i currently have a win7 install usb, but the installer asks me for cd/dvd drivers. my cd/dvd is not plugged into the computer at all, it's just a usb, so i'm not sure what drivers it wants. it reads the usb enough to boot, extract files, and load the installer so i'm not sure if it's usb drivers or not. win10 install USB doesn't have this problem, only win7.

> reinstalled Win7.
This reminds me of this.
>Windows 10 coming out.
>Says it is going to free for a limited time.
>Get back to hostel.
>One dude in the kitchen instailling Windows 10.
>Obviously going slow as fuck since everyone is jumping to it.
>Later on that night still waiting for it to install.
>Watched him as it was installed.
>Happy as fuck about.
>I just leave it. Have the icon on my laptop about getting it.
>Couple of weeks go by still have got Windows 10.
>Icon disappears eventually.
>Run into guy who installed it.
>He fucking hates it. Can't understand it.
>Can't turn off their data tracking.
>Feeling smug I'm still on Win 7.
>It just works for me.

pc has no good games nigger

>tfw bought a Windows 10 key for less than 10 bucks because I really want to play Forza Horizon 3
>still not installed because I like Windows 7 and hate 10's interface (using it at work)

Forza is on sale for like a week. I guess it's time...

>lost my install disk
Im so fucking pissed, im trapped on W10 right now

>mfw most if not all AAA games have really good SteamOS ports now

Sucks to pay for a bloated unsecure OS, doesn't it?

>tfw still rocking i5 2500
literally no problems whatsoever. I was even using a single GTX 560ti 1GB up until two months ago.

>tfw I want to share the magnet with you but know Sup Forums is monitored

>never switched to begin with
>laughing at the idiots that installed adware

>implying that's an issue
you can literally get W7 and unlockers everywhere.

Why hasn't a foriegn country like China built an OS that runs of .exe and other windows stuff but isn't windows and use there immunity from American law to not care about the repercussions? Why doesn't that become the world standard instead of continuing to rely on Microsoft making shittier versions of windows with no alternative for .exe and system 32?

I bought another key and disk, but im just sticking with 10 now because my CPU or mobo will probably throw a bitchfit if i switch
Thank god for compatability mode

>AAA games
No, thank you.

I don't understand the issue with win10. I've never had a problem with it.

>im trapped on W10 right now
Welcome to purgatory

>overpowered gayming rig
>only plays 2d indie shovelware

No, see, my HDD and Mobo shit the bed so i had to restart completely, i lost almost everything

>Just reinstalled botnet7.
>God damn, it feels good to be back.

That's because you're one of the NPC's. You stumbled on this thread by mistake. Go about your life blissfully unaware.

Not vidya.

>I don't understand the issue with win10. I've never had a problem with it.
It is bad for media and game compatibility. Apparently.

Good thing it has compatability mode, but yeah i had to download VLC just to hear sound on webms

I agree with your post

But what is your image supposed to prove Sup Forumsyp?

k thx

My PC gets stuck on shut down screen and never turns off. I have to hold down power button to turn it off. I'm on windows 7. Is my pc fucked or something?

>i had to download VLC just to hear sound on webms
Why? Why do you need sound?

>PC gets stuck on shut down screen and never turns off. I have to hold down power button to turn it off.
Could have been doing an update?

Yes, your PCs at fault there.
I had something similar happen to my old WinXP device years ago.

should I put my Lenovo T420 on Win 7?

Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell is faster and better while not yet being a botnet like Windows 10

DUDE

Nigger what kind of dumb question is that

Just just ultimate windows 10 tweaker you fucking mongoloids. Only have to use it once after installing. takes 2 minutes.

I couldn't stand the ads in the start menu of windows 10. also for some reason the start menu search function took a fuck ton longer to bring up results than windows 7

Likely a driver issue not playing nice with ACPI. Shit happens, its a bit hard to find out what device/drive/software is causing it. Remember what you installed last since it started?

If GNU/Linux has everything you need, then you're a very fortunate man. I'm tied to Windows with both work and games, but 7 and 8.1 are decent enough.

I actually had that for a few months

>new pc
>Skylake
>not supported my ass I will install w7
>all goes well for 2 months
>suddenly pc wont shut down properly
>3 or so months go by
>happening less and less
>suddenly all is good again
idk m8
I think it was because I tried to update windows and after I let it sit over the night downloading updates I saw it hadnt finished so I just turned that bitch off and that prolly fucked it
give it some time I guess?

Is your picture directed at your own post or at the thread?

Win7fag here
Why is everyone shitting on win 10? Is it that bad ? The only thing I notice is that you spend more time finding out how to play old games

Sup Forums has to be contrarian.

How is it dumb? I like their is no sound on webms. It is weird to have sound it recon.

...Have you been living in a hole for the last 2 years? There has been SO much talk about it I'm not sure how you could have missed it.

W10 is fine, but 7 is much, much better.
>t. Forced to use 10 after my whole PC shit the bed

I like my 144fps.

Most modern game I played was NIOH, and before that Overwatch.

Guess I really have no reason to change my cpu. Maybe not the gpu either.

But user, wouldn't you prefer to use the superior Windows 10?

No, it didn't say it was updating. I shut it down from start menu went to bed and when I woke up it was still on shutdiwn screen.

Honestly don't remember. Most likely some video/music software players. Thing is all was fine even after I installed those awhile back like mentioned also it comes and go. This started since almost after new years. I hear manually shutting it down from power button can be bad too.

When did you stop using Windows XP, Sup Forums? Late 2014 here.

Windows 8 and 10 are a design cluster fuck for me. In the case of win 8 even with that start menu mod theres shit I have to use the "PC SETTINGS" for even though I am more used to the explorer interface. I think that metro bullshit is for touchscreens which has no place in my presence. It should have been optional. Windows 10 is like a mash up of vista and win 8 graphically. Seriously you sometimes get the flat color look then sometimes get the vista areo window. Not only that again the settings are split between the metro PC SETTINGS and the control panel. I absolutely hate it and if you are nitpicky like me then you will too.

Around December of 2013. PC finally died. Was almost 7 years old.

>install windows 10 on my laptop when it first released
>first few weeks everything is great
>eventually the first 10 minutes of every login the HDD is at 100% usage
>had to wait those 10 minutes before I did anything
>eventually had enough of that shit and upgraded to windows 7
Is this an issue with laptops, or would this happen on desktops as well?

>W10 is fine
Incorrect
>but 7 is much, much better.
Also incorrect

>Sup Forums
Lurk moar or go back 2 plebbit pajeet

well idk what to tell u mate Im running 144 with a 970 just fine

Doesn't your computer come up with a programs that are preventing windows shutting down?

>not writing your own drivers
install gentoo fgt

I never had more issues with printers than past OSs. Windows 10 has been the first OS i can plug a printer in/search for wireless and it would automatically pick it up and install drivers.

Mostly because I never saw the advantage of getting it for free when windows begged me for installing this shit so I skipped most of what is happening
Coworkers have rough days using win 10 at my office with the constant glitches and disconnections while I work on a stable win 8.1, now I'm getting curious on what is going on, probably will catch up on my own but I'd be glad if someone here would tell me about the infamous win10

>using software that isn't free as in freedom
install gnewsense or trisquel

Put TempleOS on that shit right now!

the thing that happens here is it goes "shutting down this, shutting down that" and then finally just "shutting down" and that is where it hangs

here's the real shit
>upgrade to win10 to get the free license
>immediately go back to win7
>can go to win10 for free when win7 loses support and when win10 has been beta tested by idiots for years and get to stay on win17 until then
best of both worlds

Windows 10 adopted a rolling release model. With the way MS is going on about it, that makes it a permanent beta.

That's what I did.

Only if you want to be on the bleeding edge, nothing stopping you from sitting on an older build until it becomes unsupported.

Didn't know they were making a sequel
Thanks user

>not using windows xp

Same here, maybe for Crackdown too.

>"shutting down this, shutting down that" and then finally just "shutting down" and that is where it hangs
I would just turn everything off. Then hit refresh. Then shut down maybe. Like I sometimes leave my computer on sleep mode for maybe 2 days tops. But the lag hits it in the end.