Subnautica Thread

>fires the most talented member of your team because his ideology could bother a hypothetical new muslim member

DLC when?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075543929/recommended/264710?tscn=1518033395
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Okay, they've upgraded nuclear power so I'm no longer mad at them for being cucks.

FOR THOSE NOT IN THE KNOW:
>almost all, if not all, organic matter gives less energy to the bioreactor
>large animals, such as crabsquids, give about 800 energy instead of 9,000 now
>the most efficient fuel source is the oculus, taking only a 1x1 slot and giving ~700 energy
>nuclear rods now give 20,000 energy instead of 2,500 each

Essentially nuclear became a whole lot more viable.

Thanks devs for listening to us. Fuck you for still being cucks and banning me from the Discord though

Who even cares about DLC? It's gonna be trash without the GOAT sound design.

Wait what

Their sound guy (the most talented guy on their team) got fired for having Conservative political views.

That, and the company owner is a massive progressivist who wants to make the main character a fucking tranny or something and rants about how the game should've had more diversity.

Basically, the devs are massive cucks and they've been getting raped on Steam reviews lately.

Morons will be morons, and you are even more likely to encounter them if you interact with gaming as a whole. Producers, investors, creators, reporters, the fans. 90% of people who like video games are fucking mouth-breathers.

I just started playing. How do I stockpile early on in this game? I assume once you get a base you can just store as much as want but when the game throws tons of shit at you & you only have the life pod with a tiny container that gets filled with like one haul, it's hard to know exactly what to keep for later.

You can craft small floatable case with the fabricator and use the habitat builder to make a small base with a bunch of lockers which each hold a ton of space.

Don't be like me and ignore base building early on.
Put down a couple tubes and fill them with chests.

You fuckers told me Grand Reef is safe and comfy. So I'm here exploring it with my Cyclops, considering setting up a permanent base.
>DOOKs errywhere
>so many warpers
>sea floor almost impossible to navigate with cyclops and open water is an invitation to get ghost leviathan'd
NOT comfy. Maybe in the moth it would be less annoying. Still looking for those thermal vents as well, are they in the caves or can I spot them on the floor if I just swim around a bit more? And is setting up here retarded?

Thermal still beats both

Also how the fuck did you get banned from the discord

Don't pick up everything you see, make mental notes of where things are for when you need them. Build floating containers. Also all the materials needed to build a small base can be found in the starting zone.

Is it even sensible to build base parts when you don't have the multipurpose room BP?

I mean, you need to go past leviathans to get that.

So using bio with plants is shit now? Fuck.

Base is for storage mostly in the early game.
>I mean, you need to go past leviathans to get that.
Eh, not really. There's one in the jelly shroom caves for example. And on the islands. Those don't require you to run into leviathans if you go in a straight line from the shallows.

precursor base island has a teleporter which sends you to mpr island

The fuck is this?

They SUCC your energy, get rid of them,
more will come tho

put your dick in it for some hot succ

Would firing the shield generators get rid of them, or do I need to remove them manually constantly?

Don't know, I didnt get the shield during my playthrough, but it may work.

Seriously.
>find vents
>have to fight 2 warpers to get to them
>have to fight off a crabsquid while looking for the best place layout around them
>ghost leviathan REEEEEEs at me while I'm trying to place a pipe
This place sucks, I'm just going to put down a scanner room and find a nicer biome for my actual base.

>get the urge to make an outpost
>remember i have to take three inventory's worth of supplies to do it

Yep it worked, it shocks them and they fuck off

Yes, shield works. Blasting them off with propulsion cannon n shit works too.

You can also pull all the power cells in the cyclops and it will fuck off on its own.

Interested in buying this. What exactly do you do? It comes off as an underwater basebuilding game. Is there anything else to do?

>some of my money went towards this guy's wallet

I want to vomit. I'll abide by my initial impressions next time and stay away, even if his anti-gun tirade accidentally resulted in good gameplay.

Exploring new areas and gathering resources is what you will be doing most of the time.

Surving
Exploring/scanning
Base Building
Story

he wasnt just conservative he was actually retarded. His views had very little nuance and came off as pretty dumb and ignorant. There are ways of approaching the things he discussed but he talked about them like he was parroting black pidgeon speaks or alternative hypothesis

It's mainly an exploration game, with the base-building serving as a way to make outposts and crafting stations from which to prepare for further excursions.

OH SHIT WHAT

Easy fix would be to rewrite the main character as a cuck, that way at least the white knights would find it easier to identify with him. It might be a bit too much of a self insert for the devs though.

You got bitchslapped by the biggest creature in the game

>minding my own business and collecting sulfur from the riverbed
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>jumping out of the toxic brime to see this
I don't get this kid, sometimes he is so passive i can seaglide next to his hammerhead without getting chomped and sometimes he is so hyper aggressive i aggro him from God knows where

>rewrite
Rewrite what?

The player character has like 3 "voice" lines. Grunting when hurt underwater, grunting when hurt on land, and gasping for air.

le awkward crocodile that has no purpose and isnt scary nor a fish face

I DELVED TOO DEEP AND TOO GREEDILY

I assume it's a bug, sometimes enemies just ignore me, usually when they go into noclip mode.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075543929/recommended/264710?tscn=1518033395
>when facts are actually racist

Sea Dragon minding his own business, he just bitch slapped your cyclop because you were on his way
Beware though, guy is a psycho, one moment he is super chilly and then he goes full schizo

He might look somewhat ridiculous but fuck is he aggressive. Leviathans never gave me this much shit

How does a retarded baby fish giving only 100 energy less than a giant grab squid that rapes your face make any sense

blanketly painting the third world as low iq high crime retards is not a fact, it is fear mongering. Nigerians are 4 times more likely than native born US blacks to get a college degree and go on to have stable families and make above the average income

Good, so all they have to do is record some lines where he preps a sea monster and begs it to breed his wife.

Drop decoy
Put on shield
Flank ahead
If he is attacking your cyclop you need to get the fuck out from it or it's gonna fuck you hard
If you can't run the best course of action agaist Sea Dragon is going outside with the Prawn and engage it

Is there some kind of super secret patch note list somewhere?

The crabsquid is all cartilage

Do Reapers respawn?
This bastard showed up from nowhere in the shallows, no idea if the fact I killed one around here before had an effect.

He's usually fine as long as you don't get up in his business. I wouldn't take my Cyclops near his patrol circle though.

C Y C L O P S

I just packed everything in cyclops after building prawn suit. Packed nuke reactor and 6 rods for the road+8 power cells, can build outpost in a minute and recharge anywhere.

Reapers respawn yeah, he might have remembered the new area

>Needing to build more bases outside of scansrooms once you have a cyclops
?

Don't go down there with the Cyclop
Just prawn
Take the Cyclop on the edge of the lava lake and then Prawn only

*destroys your cyclops*

Does anyone actually use torpedoes or creature decoys? Literally never built or touched either of them, I assumed immediately they were underpowered and useless

Steam won't let me refund...

Nothing can destroy your cyclops short of massive glitches once you get ion battery cells. With 6 of them you can be invincible for days.

Read that as hot sauce accidentally. Funny either way.

I'm just impressed you brought your sub down there. I only brought my cyclops to the entrance of the lost river and no further, for fear of it getting sunk. The prawn was my exploring buddy in the deep depths.

>His views had very little nuance and came off as pretty dumb and ignorant.

All that means is you disagree, unless you can show why he was wrong. But let's just establish he was incorrect hypothetically, why is being vocally mistaken about political subjects grounds to lose your job? The whole reason we have free speech is we all can't agree on what's true and false. So we allow all of it and let rational persuasion sort out what beliefs survive into the future.

>There are ways of approaching the things he discussed but he talked about them like he was parroting black pidgeon speaks or alternative hypothesis

And being flippant or joking about those subjects isn't grounds either.

If his culture was clashing with the culture of his workplace and it was reducing team cohesion and performance, I'd be fine with the firing. And I'm not talking about future hypothetical employees. But we don't know much about that. He paints it like he got fired over his helicopter joke. Believe him or not.

Because that's not a fucking reason

>I assumed immediately they were underpowered and useless
They are. Creature decoys only kinda work, and only if you're on the go to somewhere else and not dropping them somewhere you're gonna stick around.
And torpedoes are useless since you can just use the prawn grapple and drill to grapple onto anything and drill it til it's dead. even leviathans and even the sea dragons.

So now we should fire people who are perfectly good at their job because we think they're 'dumb'?

Isn't the point of an outpost to have a scanning room, with maybe a power cell charger if you don't have the thermal upgrade yet?

I'll build another one, calm as a clam.

Well it should've gone back to where it came from.
There's only so much non stop roaring and clipping through my base that I can handle before giving it the knife.

if they hold views that are bad for your company’s image, yes 1000% fire them

Yes. Impeach Trump.

Torpedos are underpowered and not worth it, for the grav traps you have to farm magnetite which a pain and for brapbombs you have to farm gaspods which isn't as much of a pain but is still annoying. I tried using them at first but the shock module is just straight up better.

Decoys aren't that resource intensive iirc but they don't seem to really work as well as they should. I'd pack a few in my cyclops just in case shit hits the fan.

Espousing rabid leftist views is also bad for their company image as it makes me, a potential buyer, less likely to fuck with anything they make, so explain why Flayra is still employed

Used a decoy on a reaper leviathan and it fucked off. I'd imagine that was a good idea because a ghost leviathan almost destroyed my cyclops and it's easier to escape their aggro range because they swim deep.

That's maybe right for community relations people whose job is to represent the company, but he's a fucking sound designer. There wasn't even any outrage over his tweets, he was fired because one butthurt guy reported him. Seems like profiling to me.

this faggot bopped me so hard that i fell under textures in my prawn
fucking cunt

I tired to drop reaper off reaper with decoys, didn't work.
I hear silent running makes leviathan class creatures ignore you though, didn't try yet.

gaem?

I'm probably going to finish the game tonight. Suggestions on what to put in the time capsule?

>Thought police

Haven't played for two days because of the damn moonpool fragments. I'm right at the fucking wreck where it should be but there's nothing. Help me out.

Unfortunately(for you) mainstream society is generally left-leaning to left-sympathetic, with much less sympathy for the right. So those views are socially acceptable to hold, and will garner them more sales than the opposite. This is the reality of the modern world.

Lost River main shaft(Bulb Zone entrance to tree) and the entire lava zone are wide enough for the cyclop
Only issue for the Cyclop are the Dragons

Subnautica?
More like KEKNAUTICA!

Silent running and the lowest speed significantly reduces your sound signature so that you don't aggro anything unless you literally bump into them, but silent running drains your batteries like no tomorrow even when not moving

Because they're dumb or disagree? No.
Because they attach the company to their name and then proceed to publicly go off on conspiracy theories, disparaging remarks, and general bullshit, then yeah.

Just go ahead slow at all times.
It takes longer to go places, but it is actually more energy efficient (as in lower energy per meter traveled) and it causes a lot less noise so it attracts a lot less things.
Silent Running is pretty good if you're gonna be right near a leviathan, but I was able to go down all the way through the lost river, ILZ, and down into the hole for the lakes with just ahead slow and without silent running.

Just have to keep exploring wrecks

Speaking of which, how do people mark what wrecks they've already explored? I read a post where someone suggest planting creepvine so the glow is like a marker

>if they hold views that are bad for your company’s image

And what would those look like? Ever get in an argument and think about where that person worked and if you should avoid their products or services? No? No? No.

you can build a beacon you now.

Except that extreme leftist shit doesn't sell better, in fact it doesn't sell at all and there's huge amounts of data supporting that

So you really can't keep pretending these decisions are purely market-driven

I already have like 10 beacons because I like marking points of interest, wrecks would just clutter it even more

>more diversity

How do you add diversity to a game where you are stranded on an alien planet and everyone else is dead? Were they gonna make the cuddlefish a nigger or something?

Can you spawn a Reaper in the Lava Zone wìth console commands?
Would be fun to see a Dragon hunting his favorite meal

You can toggle them on and off through the PDA, ding-dong.

Rogue System

You can disable every individual beacon in your PDA m8.

With a single button, no less.