Gravity Rush

So I've just finished chapter 11 and 2 DLC packs. Don't get me wrong, I like it so far, but does it get more serious?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BxIC6Vu1ee0
a.pomf.cat/elpbyc.png
a.pomf.cat/rwkgci.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't recall the chapters, and I don't want to spoil anything, but have you looked for the letter that that lady dropped, yet?

No, my next mission is in the 4th town. I haven't been there yet tho

Alright get outta here man I think you should continue to enjoy it

Well that's the turning point where the game gets more serious.
the 2nd game is actually more serious by far in my opinion.

Thanks guys. It was 10 bucks so I decided to pick it up. If I like it I think I'll get the second game as well. Is Gravity Rush 2 a better game?

The gameplay of the second is far improved. Ground combos, gravity styles. The gameplay is just better. The story and environment is a judgement call

That's nice. But I always hear people on Sup Forums say that Gravity Rush 2 is meh compared to the first one

nope

It does, but it still has the silly and whimsical vibe.

Gravity Rush 2 gets much more serious.

It's basically just more of the same but with a lot more padding which takes away from the experience. The first game is just tighter so I consider it a better experience.

Also I have no idea how people consider the second game more serious. It's very easily goofier than the first one and there are more plot holes for the increased amount of plot arcs.

>does it get more serious?
no it's weeb trash, I onl played it because of teh great gravity physics. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the DLC. Still not completed 2 yet.

>I like it so far, but does it get more serious?
What do you mean serious? Like the story or the gameplay?

No way. GR2 is easily my favorite game for PS4 and my personal goty for 2017. It's a stellar example of good sequel design. They took what worked well and made it better, and they expanded the lackluster combat system to not only have more variety but also reasons to use your various moves - it's not just a gravity kick fest like the first game.

Yeah and don't forget to say that it's for ironic weebs
I meant the story

I liked 2 more as well because the world is bigger.

>GR2 is easily my favorite game for PS4
Have you played Bloodborne?

Yes.

the combat is still completely lackluster, that's why you'll never seen a webm of anything but just flying

I guess opinions on GR2 really diverge then

Chapter 12 is the best part of the series.

I think the combat is actually pretty good tbqh

I totally disagree, but if you've already played it and that's what you believe then I can't convince you otherwise

Bigger and more varied. The architectural design and color palettes of the different areas are brilliant.

there's literally nothing to disagree with, I'm objectively correct. there's more to the combat but it functions exactly the same way, if you thought 1 is lackluster nothing has changed.

see

I want to have sex with Kat in VR

Kat is not for sex

least we know there's only one shill samefagging now.

wrong

Vitagen is desperate to establish their opinion as fact. It's an amazing sequel

Somebody post that one of Kat deflecting all the shots.

>Combat in 1
>Always gravity kick anything because every other combat option is weak as fuck
>Combat in 2
>Stasis throws mostly take over for gravity kicks so you don't have to deal with air combat and the lunar and jupiter style shifts give you fantastic combat abilities as well
>Also slide kicks
You're retarded. If there's one thing that GR2 improved leaps and bounds on it's the combat.

It's only retarded faggots bitching about 60fps vs 30 fps. Some people may prefer the story of the 1st game, but that's about it. Lunar style alone makes GR2 the superior game.

>combat in 1
>mash square or whatever
>combat in 2
>mash square or whatever

>It's only retarded faggots bitching about 60fps vs 30 fps.

It's literally just a single autist. He destroyed the last thread

>shill samefagging intensifies

You have to remember that most people, on Sup Forums and elsewhere, play the game about as well as webm related.

>spam square
or
>spam circle
neither methods control well, neither are fun

This is just a hook, there's nothing even attached to it.

Janny pls. We all saw what happened in the thread that you deleted.

Literally this. I don't know what these shills are talking about.

Go home /vitagen/

Give the game a shot and you might have an idea :^)

>tfw no floaty sex doujins
>tfw not even any floaty sex fanart

It's unfair

I feel like one of these needs to exist for any and all attempts at vidya discussion on this fucking trash board.

saved

>when she sees your ceewee

>tfw GR3 at E3
see ya bros

>Inb4 done by a western dev

>it will look and play like this to appeal to a western audience

Masturbating to the Gravity Queen!

>Kat wearing a fullbody suit because "that's what a skydiver would wear the air is cold"
>The air movement wasn't accessible so we've redesigned it
>It's just panthermode/wow flying mount style flight, standard, static camera instead of gyro controls
>Can only stand on walls and upside down in scripted moments
>Every single one of the bus kids is black as can be and that's why nobody bothered to rescue them

So do people actually think that this is all PS4 has to offer? We have Bloodborne, Yakuza and Gravity Rush. PS4 is NOT a bad console

I just want you to know that I agree with you completely. Hell, best game of the generation

well it is what almost all of Sony's Western first party studios have to offer

>3 games

wow great console
give me recommendations pls

Wow xbox one and switch have 0 games so yeah PS4 is a great console

any self respecting gamer plays on PC

I only play left 4 dead and dark souls games on PC

>does it get more serious?
Mate what are you expecting out of gravity rush?

Not him but what platforms do you have? Am I discounting games with vita versions? Xbox and PS4 but no PC versions?

Disqualifying*

I have a PS4, and a 3DS which I never use

anyone has the ringsel raven pic yet

Tearaway Unfolded
Odin's Sphere
Dragons Crown when that comes to PS4 soon
I just started the first Digimon game last night and it seems like a fun mix of SMT and Pokemon right now
Journey and Flower if you haven't played them
I just got mine recently though

such garbage taste

This is incredible.

already got tearaway and the rest don't appeal to me, have Journey added from when it was """free""" on PS+ but it looks pretty boring 2bh

The PS4 needs Ape Escape 4

Also, Kat is an annoying teenage girl taking selfies and Raven's a tomboy, but not the good kind

Would guns work in GR3?

youtube.com/watch?v=BxIC6Vu1ee0

how?

That's just wrong

You mean like moving to aerial combat with projectiles instead of kicking? Or gravity sliding around and shooting like in Vanquish?
You can already do the first, but it's clunky.
You know it could work if you could actually fucking lock on and control Kat's flight easily while locked on, but then it'd be similar to playing Zone of the Enders or something.

Then why does it feel so right

Because she doesn't even have enough lewds

someone post the gif

The one where she's fingering herself?
Not enough

Yes, instead GR2 is a stasis throwfest

Oh hey, these are not safe for work.

a.pomf.cat/elpbyc.png
a.pomf.cat/rwkgci.png

Juputer and lunar combat powers though
Also slide kick

nice

and the other one

The shower one or the Raven dildo one?
Still not enough

It's basically more of the same, but I consider GR1 better because as one guy said, there's much less padding, but also because I think Hekseville is a far better designed place Jirga Phara Lhao. The rift planes are also all very solid and unique platforming segments that GR2 completely lacks because they replaced them with tablet trials which pretty much everyone can agree were annoying and not fun at all. There are actually quite a few parts in GR2 that are annoying whereas I cant remember any such moments from GR1.

The gravity styles get shilled a lot but I don't think they add much to the combat. In fact it's just kind of in the way because it forces you to use a specific style against certain enemies. Instead of being able to just gravity kick something, you now have to switch to lunar style and then gravity k- I mean warp kick it (literally the same shit). Or you could just smash it with stasis field throws. Anyway the point is, you're forced to use the styles even if you don't enjoy them. Imagine if style switching in DMC worked like this, it would be a massive pain in the ass. In GR2 it's just a small pain in the ass because the combat isn't as much of a focus but still, I don't think it made the combat any better. And that's not to say that GR1s gravity kick spam was good, they're both just bad. I will however give lunar style bonus points for being fun to jump around with. But also negative points to jupiter style for impeding your movement so badly that it makes you never want to use it except for flying faster in a straight line.

Oh and going from 60 FPS to 30 FPS really does suck. The controls have a very noticeable increased input delay.

TLDR; if you're not a fan of the first game, nothing about the second game is going to change that. If you are a fan, well you will enjoy GR2 too, but maybe not as much as the first game. Or maybe more, I don't know, people have fucking weird tastes.

>GR2 is worse because JPL is worse than Hekseville

good thing hekseville is in the 2nd game too and looks much nicer huh? more variety in locations is hardly a negative

neat

>The gravity styles get shilled a lot but I don't think they add much to the combat.
Thats objectively false and you know it.

>In fact it's just kind of in the way because it forces you to use a specific style against certain enemies
One enemy and you still have multiple effective options against it, just like you have multiple effective options against a heavily armored one.
>you're forced to use the styles even if you don't enjoy them
You can literally kill every enemy in normal style no problem. It's just harder because it's intentionally unoptimal so you don't faceroll the game using one fucking move.

>I don't think it made the combat any better.
Your feelings have little bearing on all the ways GR2 combat is improved like variety, less focus on air combat, and stasis throws that aren't useless.

>TLDR; if you're not a fan of the first game, nothing about the second game is going to change that
I quite literally find Gravity Rush 1 to be mediocre and unrealized because you do nothing but gravity kick and hold x to zoom over the city because standard form gravity powers combined with hekseville's district's layouts and lack of gems on the top level never gave you a reason to do anything but go from point a to b. Whereas the layered vertical design of Jirga Para Lhou actually feels like it was designed with the game in mind instead of the Vita and lunar style being a much better way to navigate around hekseville.

Also "No bad moments" my fucking ass. Everything to do with going down the pillar sucked shit.

>going down the pillar sucked
How much more of a pleb could you possibly be? That was the standout part of the first game. Fucking hell.

>Finally get Vendecenter unlocked
>Game almost instantly sends you down the pillar for the rest of the game until the finale
>Gravity Rush 1 really doesn't have any flaws or dragging moments like 2 does
Ahahahaha, no.

The fact that you by far spend the least amount of time in Vendecenter when it's the biggest and best designed part of the game is nothing short of a fucking travesty.

>I sure hope you like dreary repeating environments!
Traveling down the pillar in GR 1 sucked and traveling up the pillar in GR 2 sucked. And the town at the bottom of the world was so much more boring than any of the districts of Hekseville.