Would you buy a Google console?

Would you buy a Google console?

gsmarena.com/google_is_working_on_a_gaming_console_and_tame_streaming_service_rumor_says-news-29519.php

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/gaming/171158-can-you-build-a-gaming-pc-better-than-the-ps4-for-400
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's just going to be a android box yet again

Fuck no jewgle is jew evil

It will just be another garbage mobile game console.

No because it would be garbage

I wouldn't buy a console

Google can't even make a working captcha, how unplayable would their console be?

Yeah I would because all the non-gender binary exclusives and built in censorship mods that the system ultimately deploys would make everything great for POCs, queers, and trannies.

I already have enough corporations spying on me, might as well add Google to the list.

I will buy any console that is reasonably priced, has three exclusives I want to play, and doesn't have any other bullshit attached (i.e. Xbone announcement stuff)

Anyone who says anything different is an absolute fucking moron

hell no.
there is enough telemetry as it is.

OUYA 4.0
IT WILL BE A GROUNDBREAKING SUCCESS GUYS I-I SWEAR

Would be no different than the Ouya

none of this shit matters unless they make deals with ISPs to get around bandwidth caps. The largest ISPs in the US have fairly low caps at the moment, especially considering how many people stream video. This just isn't viable even if you have the speed for it

>its not that kind of game streaming service

Am I retarded? What did they mean by this?

>drops support the day after it comes out, pretends they never had anything to do with it
Nah

Google's the electronic equivalent of Nestle. Nobody likes them, but nobody can be rid of them.

I'm in the Google ecosystem, but I wouldn't get a Google console.

Nope. It will be a multiplat machine, so even if it has the best hardware at a competitive pricepoint, those games will be on PC

>Would you buy a Google console

lol no

those jews are lucky i'm forced to use gmail because I signed up to so many services for it

Regularly streaming video is more demanding that regularly gaming.

Games may weigh in at 50+GB now, but once it's downloaded it could last you 10 or even 50+ hours. Streaming Netflix for that length of time would use up MUCH more bandwidth. Especially if it's 4K.

>Would you buy a Google console?
No.

Fuck no. I hate google. I even stopped using their search engine and deleted their shit browser. Fuck them I hope their headquarters burns to the ground.

Disregard this. I didn't realize Google was planning on streaming the game to you. Fuck that.

>get to the next level
>please select all the street signs
Please no

>game streaming service
why do they even try? It is never going to take off unless they somehow find out how to send information faster than the speed of light. Nobody likes playing games with laggy as fuck controls, where it takes .2 seconds to register that you have pressed a button on the controller

If it had good games yes.

Can't wait for that crash bby.

it's not video streaming but streaming the game itself so you can play on other devices

If it had my underage panty quest games, sure.

>why do they even try?

For the same reason they developed a search engine despite their already being a dozens on the market.

They want data to help build AI. I guarantee this system will be running analytics that's tracking everything every player does help with dynamic AI problem solving.

This will revolutionize the gaming market the same way the amazon console did.

The google console would be a radical social justice platform.
400 thousand gender options, changable on the fly. Outright network wide bans for not using correct pronouns. "Toxcicity bans" left right and center every day.
Let google release a console. The playerbase would ban itself within a week. Fuck jewgle

>Game streaming service
Please stop this meme nobody has the kind of connections that can handle it.

Also, the only companies I can think of that could force their way into the console market are Samsung and Amazon because of the strong brand name and retailing clout respectively.

nope

>gaming console
so an android box with the google name on it. worthless that devs will support just because it's google branded.
>game streaming service
they're already buying gamefly, so this isn't a surprise to anyone. They're gonna fold it into youtube gaming no doubt. Youtube red gives you 20 hours a month of free game streaming or some dumb shit.

As in playing a game you haven't installed by only downloading the part that you're playing? Does that work?

No, it's not downloading anything but the streaming client. It feeds a video and allows input with a (usually) 200ms delay when everything's said and done. Ping plays a factor in it, but going on psnow (Which is by far the best streaming service for games on the market right now) it's still a ways away from being fluid enough to really do anything. Games with split second reactions like fighting games, or even god of war with it's QTEs are REALLY difficult to do. The minotaur in god of war 1, for example, was impossible for me due to latency issues. I literally could not beat it.

Oh nice, google is going to make the Vita 2?

GUYS I DON'T KNOW IF YOU KNOW BUT OUR VIDYAS ARE IN GRAVE DANGER! Jewgle has plenty shekels to buy every popular IP and make it an exclusive. The reptilians are trying to get the gamers now. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft won't exist in 5 years TOPS. Google will control everything.

>Ouya 2: Guggle analytics edition
fuck no

Google is slowly but surely rotting from the inside out.

Are the reptilians hiring? Because I would sell every single one of you down the river for an office and a nice salary

No

Google can't touch microsoft my friend. Aparently MS gets over 2bn a year from android royalties alone.
On the other hand, MS could realistically outright purchase google if they legally could.

Will it be SHINY?

watch it be branded the google infinity

Google wojak when?

Fuck google.
Fuck game streaming especially.

Ouya 2: Electric Googaloo

Geforce Now is much better than PSNow, Geforce Now actually works properly and has minimal input delay.

Have they said anything new about Ataribox or are we still in the dark?

They are keeping the jive turkeys in the dark so they can't guess what they're planning.

Except geforcenow requires you to own the game you want to play, and when it's out of beta, will cost money itself. So that'll be $9.99 a month or whatever they charge, plus the cost of the game you want to play.

The appeal of psnow is that you pay the monthly fee, and get a massive library of games, not so much the streaming aspect of it. Especially since they removed psnow support on 90% of the machines it was on initially. Now it's only on pc and ps4.

geforce now is good though, but I'm not hopeful it remains that way once they get rid of the 4 hour limit per play session, and start bloating it with garbage and ads.

>inb4 Google Ultron

It would be trash
They already hire people that could be mistaken for your average western dev

I don't even care. I welcome them.
Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, Google.
Just fight for the shekels. Let's see how deep this rabbit hole can go.

One of my friends got lucky enough to work for google.

At least so he thought. He's already met people who insist they use some specific pronoun like xe or whatever, and the place is filled with special snowflakes. Hardly any work gets actually done because these people are incompetent as fuck.

I really wonder how long they can keep this up
At some point they are going to run out of talent because they fired all their engineers because they forgot that X'lnathr identifies as a 16th century Spanish galleon on ever other wednesday in October and misgendered them

They're already past the point of no return and they're making dumb as shit decisions on the strategic level as well (recent youtube changes for example).

Google doesn't pay their employees nearly as well as they used to either. The vast amount of wealth and talent they had around the globe is drying up rapidly.

I know it's unlikely but I'm hoping some good startup with sensible people will be able to overtake google and provide better versions of youtube and such soon
Even if it will only last about a decade before they fall to the inevitable fate that comes with getting so big

>inb4 another android in a box

Fucking this.

>angry birds and candy crush pretty installed
>ea shit adware
>no SD card support for roms

>another console
can this cancer fucking die already
consoles shouldn't even exist in 2018

NO

i think twitch is already doing a wonderful job. I've heard of many youtubers that moved over there because the ad revenue on jewtube is becoming a joke unless you have a really big channel.

>prebuilt hardware shouldn't exist
Ok.

>rumour says
A rumour does not fucking speak, it's not a person. It's written according to rumours, or hearsay. Fucking liberal mongos can't write for shit.

Sup Forums trained me to avoid anything google

The thing is, people like to talk about being able to do that sort of thing, but the big names are established, and have been for nearly 120 years now. at&t is still one of the biggest cell providers, as an example.
Power doesn't shift so easily, rather, smaller companies get absorbed and their good ideas taken by the big boys. Like how google absorbed youtube. Most people don't even remember when google didn't own youtube. But they did, google's video service floundered hard-fucking-core, and so they devoured youtube and took the ideas they liked, and the infrastructure of the site, and made it profitable.

Most realistic option here isn't that a company dies (because that doesn't happen anymore), but instead, it just gets bought/absorbed into something else. My money is on a big tech player, probably amazon, maybe ms.

Except you can't do jack shit with it other than play video games and consoles hold back the entire industry

Or you might write, according to no-one, or unverifiably, or according to fantasy, prejudice and belief

>play video games
that's the entire point. I want to just play video games. I don't want shit that plays movies and music and browses the internet but that's where consoles are headed down that road like shit pcs, and that's the sort of trash I hate.

But it's what happens. I don't want a PC. I don't want to pay a premium for hardware that I want to use JUST to play video games. I have a smartphone for literally anything else I want to do, I just want a device that plays fucking VIDEO GAMES.

>you can't do jack shit with it other than play video games
That's because it's a hardware people buy so they can play videogame. Crazy huh.

>consoles hold back the entire industry
Why does this awful opinion still exist

>Game Streaming
Like this?

I don't recall consoles being the reason that PC gaming is being held back by expensive components

This. It'll probably be an underwelming Android box like how Apple TV tried gaming for a split second. I'm more interested to see how Daydream VR turns out.

Why are there no games where you can play as an expansive ornate building?
I feel oppressed and must play as a character that represents me

I remember when everyone was pissed about the mandatory kinect for Xbox One that MS backpedaled on.
So I can't wait for the Google shills to start spouting shit like 'what do you have to hide xD' and 'why would a company like google even need to know what you do 24 hours a day lol' in every single thread when it's revealed this is just another nefarious data collection scheme.

>backpedaled
they didn't even backpedal, they straight up lied about the kinect being integral to the system and OS functions of the xbone.
And honestly I still use a kinect. I got one for 15 dollars, but it's bar none the best voice activated controller on the market. infinitely better than alexa, google home, that shitty new apple one.

Because it's true? games are dumbed down for consoles and this isn't even debatable.

>I don't want a PC. I don't want to pay a premium for hardware that I want to use JUST to play video games.
Then you're retarded because PCs can do way more than a console can, online doesn't cost anything, and you can use any controller or hardware you want. Consoles are objectively inferior. The price is the only real advantage but you're only saving $50-100 for hardware you can't reuse or modify and you're easily paying that in online service every year.
extremetech.com/gaming/171158-can-you-build-a-gaming-pc-better-than-the-ps4-for-400

And PCs can't?

Every time a PC series gets ported to console it gets downgraded for your shitty hardware and everybody suffers because of it.

I would rather stop playing video games forever.

Depends only on the games and if it had an always online feature. I don't like being always online

HAHAHHAAHA FUCK NO!
The exclusives would all be SJW libtard walking sims, and there wouldn't be any Japanese games AT ALL because "they are too sexist" and "have no non-binary fluid tranny faggot genders"

>do way more than a console can
I
DON'T
FUCKING
CARE.
I WANT TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES. I DON'T WANT TO SET UP AN OS, I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL HARDWARE, I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH DRIVERS, OR POOR OPTIMIZATION.
I want fucking VIDEO GAMES. Holy shit are you fucking braindead?

>I'm too retarded to use a computer

>And PCs can't?
Who said they can't? It doesn't matter. The point is an easy pre built machine to do what you want it to do, which in this case is playing videogames.

I can use one, but why bother when I just want to play videogames? I don't want to have to mod my shit console ports to make them remotely playable. I don't want to deal with 80 layers of DRM burning my hardware to a crisp because companies can't handle pirates. And most importantly of all I don't want to have to deal with stupid fucking hardware issues and drivers.

if i buy one can i join their cult and sell peoples data to satan?

>pure botnet console
NOPE NOPE

THANK YOU FOR BELIEVING :^)

Guys, OP here. Please buy this google console immediately.

>It's a "select all the cars" level where the pictures fade out really slowly and the button says "Next" instead of "Verify".
Losing legacy captchas is the worst thing.

>monopoly over websearch
>only makes profits by invading peoples privacy and farming their data

>monopoly over video hosting
>never been profitable

>control over every non apple phone
>only profitable because its malware funded by the cia

when will the googlebubble pop?

>but why bother when I just want to play videogames?
For all the reasons I listed before.
>I don't want to deal with 80 layers of DRM burning my hardware
What do you think consoles are dipshit? You can't even play the games without the system even though every console is built on PC hardware. Enjoy your unplayable games when the hardware stops being made and a locked down system you can't write software for without a $10000 devkit and paying twice for internet access.
>I don't want to have to mod my shit console ports to make them remotely playable.
Yeah bro because console games never have performance issues, enjoying that silky smooth 24fps?
>I don't use mods so nobody should have them. Please take away all these extra options it's too much for my console shitter brain to handle!
>And most importantly of all I don't want to have to deal with stupid fucking hardware issues and drivers.
Drivers haven't been an issue on windows in fucking decades. The problem is YOU not the machine.

SAY "MCDONALDS" TO END THE COMMERCIAL