Imagine that you could push a button that would generate an incredible and perfect video game every time you pushed it...

Imagine that you could push a button that would generate an incredible and perfect video game every time you pushed it, but that after pushing it your consciousness would be trapped in an empty void for 500 million years with nothing to do but think. After the time is up, your consciousness would return to your body and all memory of those years would be completely wiped. Would you push it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too unrealistic, how about a button that lets you find the perfect video to fap to but every time you use it one of your old favourites gets taken down and can never be found online again, and you won't know until you try to find it.

At least 16 times.

maybe i already did that and thats how we got DOOM

I already have plenty of video games to play.

What if multiple people press the button at the same time?
Can i trick someone else into pressing it?
Absolute hero.

Id go for a barrage!

how autistic and underage are you, you fucking cringy sack of shit?

>500 million years to think and figure out every problem you've ever had
>you forget it at the end
why

OP is a faggot for not providing a video

youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw

Enjoy

I've been thinking about it since the video was posted the first time on Monday, and honestly the more I think about it, the more I don't mind it. I wouldn't push it for a fucking video game, I'm talking about the 10,000 dollars.

Think about it, what if someone told you this happened everytime you go to sleep and wake up?

MADMAN

I hate it when retards design this shit with no sense of scale.
>hurrdurr would you stomp a puppy for 20 million dollars
Almost anyone would. Change it to 200 bucks and then you've got a real moral dilemma.

As I said in the last thread. It would suck the whole time in the 500 million years, but the reality is that you press the button and it's over. You don't remember fuck all.
Only if someone could record it and show how you acted in those 500 million years (inside your own consciousness) like a video of you drunk, you would have no idea.

Ah, the shortsighted virgin trap

But you still have to go through it. The dilemma is nonexistent to you after pushing the button, but very real to you before pushing it.

Just because you don't remember doesn't mean you don't experience it.

Oh boy, another thing nu-Sup Forums is ready to ruin. Just because you discover a new video suddenly does not mean you can run it to the ground

So a mad hero?

>20 million
I wouldn't frankly. My dignity is worth more than that.

It kinda does. It takes a long time, but it all comes back to you never having experienced it.

It might as well if the entire experience amounts to nothing in the end. The way its set up is that there in no negative for one's awake conscious being, so it has no bearing at all.

This is a poorly thought out hypothetical. If they're all perfect then losing one over another would have no meaning since it's not like I'd run out of perfect videos.

You may not remember much of being 1 and 2 years old, but it definitely shaped who you are, because you definitely experienced it

Monster.

I pushed it guys.
Worth it.

Except this isn't like that. Absolutely no memories of this event, nor anything physical, comes back with you. It cant shape anything because it is essentially wiped from existence.

The question is clearly implying that those 500 million years and anything you go through in them have no effect on the you afterwards. You're overthinking this.

>overthinking
The whole point of the hypothetical is to think about it.
After 500 million years you would think of nothing but the void, so wiping your memory would wipe your whole memory

Wow, it's almost like it's a bad hypothetical or something

Yes, but with the logic in place it's a non-issue. Yes, you have to do the 500 million years but YOU FORGET IT HAPPENED THE MOMENT THE 500 million years is up.
Your memory of those 500 million years is wiped. This is made 100% clear before pressing the button. Yes, you do 500 million years but between you pressing the button and letting go, it is shown in the video with the big dumbass. "Huh? Is it broken?"

YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THAT IT HAPPENED BECAUSE YOUR MEMORY OF THOSE 500 MILLION YEARS HAS BEEN WIPED.
You're letting your gay fears get a hold of you. Also, as you go on through time, the perception speeds up. So once you do 100 years, it will feel progressively shorter. Don't forget, 1 year of it is 1/500,000,000th whereas 100 years is a 5,000,000th of that time. It will shorten significantly.
Why do you feel summer felt longer as a child? Because you were 7 and in weeks, that is 364. 6 weeks is a fraction of that. Now 6 weeks flies by because (guessing at you being 25) you are 1,300 weeks old.
This is all rough working, but you get the point.

You would forget. It is completely irrelevant. You only fear it as a concept. You would NOT remember it.

You're so much of a pseudo intellectual it hurts. Stop being a dumbass.

Not an argument

I mean that you're overthinking something that the question isn't asking you to overthink. It's about the dilemma of knowing that you'll have to go through something even if you won't remember it after the fact and if that's something you could still bring yourself to do.

retard

There is absolutely nothing bad about the hypothetical, you're just ignoring stated facts. Did you even watch the video?

Yeah, and I'm saying that even if you don't remember it, it still has an effect on you.
You're supposed to overthink it. It's a thought experiment

My argument is this. You are overthinking the nonsense.

You are for over thinking it. I watched the unique post count NOT change when this happened.

If your mind is so made up why are you even arguing? Clearly this isn't as simple of a question to most people as it is to you.

When you're dead you don't remember your life but that doesn't mean your suffering is irrelevant. If you think the time spent in the void doesn't matter then you might as well kill yourself right now, at least that way you won't have to suffer the embarrassment of being blown the fuck out by this comment.

you could sell a perfect game for a lot more than that.

1 second is still 1 second and it passes the same speed no matter what you do

How is having an effect on you when your consciousness is reset to the moment you pushed the button? Explain what you mean having an effect. Because if eveything mental is put back to normal and eveything physical is put back then there's nothing left to affected.

No, because it's the sf plot I fear the most. When you're trapped in this empty void, you will just think about anything, your life, philosophy. At some point, due to a painful boredom and/or overly questioning yourself, your mind will at some point deteriorate. Leaving you with a slow and extremely painful mental death, until you lost any coherent reasoning. Just like a descent to insanity. It's one of the rare things that gives me chill just by thinking about it.

The concept is cool and all but this writing is kind of weak.
>"there's only empty space out there"
>except there's a tile floor and you can fucking write on it by pulling out your tooth
>"and got kind of enlightened"
It was neat seeing him realize that he had completely forgotten what living as a human was like though. I don't know why this video is making everyone freak out.

As long as there's no tricks or repercussions and I forget absolutely everything then maybe. I'd get the good game and pass it off as my own and instantly become considered one of the best developers in the world. Would be funny.

>Uchikoshi shared the video years ago
>it was better than ZTD

Not him but how is that comparable?
Unless youre saying that if I were to kill myself I will just be reset to the moment before I killed myself. Because that's the only way it even begins to be comparable to the 500 million year button scenario.

I'm sure you'd get used to it. One of the human brain's most amazing powers is how it can adapt. You might stop thinking in the conventional way but I'm sure you'll start thinking in some way that's more fitting for the void life

It's simple because it states there are no variables and yet you pseudo intellectuals insist on discussing it like there are.

Having your memory wiped of one portion of time is not the same as being dead, you absolute fucking shit sucking dog fister.

1 second is 1 second, but the relative time to your existence is a fraction and it only gets shorter. We are thinking on a scale so insanely big that I understand that it can become beyond an individual's comprehension but this is easy.

Have you ever noticed when you do a task, you lose track of time? What about when you were looking for a task to do? Neets need not apply.

This is all a non-issue. I'm going to cash my 17 million yen in. Later, homos.

What happens to us after we die?

But there's nothing to do to "lose track of time" there. It says after millions of years he got enlightened but I don't see what the hell that could even mean.

My god, why are you so mad?

Is everything put back or is the memory just wiped? If everything's put back then yeah, it's a great deal because obviously the scenario explicitly states you won't be affected

In reality I think what he goes though would be a lot more painful than what they presented.
That's why it's scary. Even what he goes through it's scary enough though.

Everything you are is a result of the physical biological properties of your body. When your body dies and decays, you cease to exist.

>Sleep forever with no dreams
>Become a ghost
>Reborn as a another being with a rare chance of being a Earth being
>Live your life again
>Live your life again but the choices and events are differnet
>Live your life but in a different universe

In the video he fucking sits there working out shit with his tooth, writing on the blocks.

You could run for infinity there because you cannot lose consciousness or die. You could work out. You could make up jokes. You could imagine you're having this conversation with me.

Yeah there is there are tons of fun things to do to lose track of time like throw the tooth as far as you can and find it or dont step on the cracks or count to 100000000000000000000000.

I'd just jerk for a couple hundred thousand years honestly. If he can.
Hey after a few thousand years I'm sure I could develop an fetish for the the floor tiles there.

It's the same as death for the person who was in the void. Every experience will eventually be forgotten, doesn't mean they don't count.

Wow I didn't know you've died before user, care to tell us more about what it's like?

You can't just "work shit out" by writing on infinite featureless blocks. Knowledge requires context.

You could do math and fuck around with numbers

>working out shit with his tooth, writing on the blocks.
Do your teeth gain infinite enamel with which to scribble in this void universe?

>I'm sure I could develop an fetish for the the floor tiles there.
Tiles, you say?

We both know what happens.

Presumably he can't harm himself so the tooth is invulnerable as well but it begs the question of how he removed it

Have you tried it?
But really, given an unfathomable amount of time like 500 million years of straight consciousness I'm willing to believe that you could eventually figure shit out just from running simulations in your head. Like you're doing something stop and think for a thousand years and you realized you fucked something up earlier and start over. Start with 1 tile + 1 tile = 2 tiles and work your way up from there.

I think there's only so much the mind can ascertain from tiles

That's exactly how people figured out how the world works instead of fearing God and the unknown

>simulations

man, you hear all the time about if we exist in a simulation run by a higher power, but what if we're just beings existing in a passing thought of an immortal being trying to understand reality and concepts

Yes but they HAD the world to figure out. They weren't in an infinite tile room

DUDE what if we are all in the empty space right now imagining to be a massive loser to pass the time?

if i did Sup Forums wouldnt suck so much

Why would I want to have my consciousness trapped to generate a game that already exists?

>Implying it didn't happen already

thats how it got made, see

Just trick someone else into pushing it.

Honestly if I had to live the 500 million years I'd rather keep my memory (assuming it wouldn't leave me an insane husk at the end)

I would press it, but only if I could remember that time

You would get back and the rest of your lifespan would go by in a blink of your eye after being alive so long.

Why?

>tfw you'll do the exact same thing in the void everytime

I mean sure why not, it doesnt seem like there will be any lasting damage to my body, and I get MMBN7, so alls cool

>Game gets generated
>It's the perfect tile counting video game

You'd be insane by the time you got back in your body.

16-TIME ROUND TRIP

>After the time is up, your consciousness would return to your body and all memory of those years would be completely wiped. Would you push it?
Learn to read.

you lose your memory why would you still be insane

Yeah, I was in that thread too.

You're retarded about time perception. You retain less memories as you age because you know increasingly what is and isn't important. You've experienced most of it before. How quickly your day seems during that same day is not a function of that.

Have you ever been blackout and I mean REALLY blackout drunk, I have had a time where I had 4 hours just gone, I mean I had the snapchats from the night but essentially I remember up to a point and then boom I was awake in bed, it’s a very weird feeling to have existed and have no actual memory or anything of it like you don’t even have the feeling that time has passed you kinda just get up too a point in the evening and then boom fast forward to ya bed

>He doesn't know how time dilation works.

Old people are slow for a reason.

you people are so gay

Just because you forget something happened doesn't mean it never happened.

>live 500 million years
>eventually stop processing information at regular speed because it's unnecessary
>return to human body with full memory
>takes 500 years for you to formulate your first thought

This is just a gayer version of "if a tree falls down in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

You'll understand when you are older, honestly. I am 29 and the years fly by now, i shudder to think how it will be when i am 40 or 50. When i was 16 i had been a teen forever, but i have been 20 just a moment.

V I D E O
G A M E S

>going for a barrage

>No I wouldn't press the switch, I would never be able to handle doing the same thing for years!
Same person:
>Haha time to browse Sup Forums all day!

Did he lose his memory 16 times or?