Which game is worse Sup Forums?

Which game is worse Sup Forums?

Doki Doki probably. It's an okay game but Undertale had better writing

>I hate it because it's popular

Undertale definitely has the worse fanbase though since the tumblr cancers loved it.

Well, for starters, only one of these is a game.

ddlc isn't a game
both are shallow as fuck and rely on novel gimmicks
neither is anything of note in any way but undertale is a game at least

DDLC, undermeme at least was good until alphis.

DDLC's soundtrack is a bit bland, but easily better than the ear cancer from undertale.

well, undertale actually has gameplay, so ddlc fails by default

Doki Doki is a poorly written mess that's only popular because its free and has muh 4th wall breaking gimmick.
>game has like 4 "disturbing content" warnings when you start
Nice way of giving away the twist of the novel.

>game has like 4 "disturbing content" warnings when you start
I never understood this. Was that some meta joke? Why make *such* a big deal about it right at the start?

does anyone actually go into DDLC thinking they're gonna get what's on the tin? i think most people, once told to "not look up anything about it" or whatever about some weeb shit dating sim, would pretty obviously expect some kind of dark and psychological twist.

>visual novel
>game

I interpreted it as deconstructing what girls as depicted in most dating sims would actually be like (read: batshit crazy). The entire game is taking a potshot at weeaboo fantasies.

Batshit crazy is also weeb fantasy though

Actually, my girlfriend doesn't use Steam often so she had no idea about it, I booted it up and we read it together, and it did catch her by surprise.

Even after she had to sign up a contract that says in big red letters that the game is spooky?

I only see one game, OP.

>poorly written mess
nigga you should play the game before dismissing it

>Be me
>Be a normal kid
>Completly uninterested in sexy stuff
>One day discover i have a fetish
>be forever grateful to the artist that made me realize i had one
>artist in question changed his icon into an undertale avatar

I don't know how i'm going to live this out

I feel like it was some trigger warning shit. Like not a joke, an actual unironic warning that the game might hurt people's feelings.

Undertale is good, though. As long as the artist isn't a cancerous tumblrite fan you shouldn't have a problem with it.

I have both these games installed but I haven't played either of them. Which do I play next?

If you just wanna sit down and have a story told to you? Doki.

If you have a few hours to burn and you're capable of "getting into" a game, Undertale.

Both are decent enough. Undertale's moralizing is unpleasant and the game is unbelievably easy outside of Genocide but I did find it genuinely funny sometimes and it was certainly a unique concept. DDLC manages to make Sayori's death scene extremely effective going in without any spoilers and Act 2 is a pretty good mindfuck but it goes overboard with the glitch effects and after a while they lose their impact. It could have been an amazing VN. They showed incredible restraint by having 2 hours of totally straight dating VN build up before they went into the actual point of the game but unfortunately afterwards they totally let loose with the glitchy stuff and it gets diluted. DDLC also makes the fact that Monika is behind everything obvious too early and banks on the player being too lulled by the build up and shocked by the payoff to notice. Still though, I enjoyed it.

Undertale is the better game, but the fan base is legit cancer.

Doki Doki is just a twisted VN that is quite a distance from the enjoyment of Undertale but at least it's fandom are just quiet weebs.

The girl suffering depression and killing herself (even if amplified by tampering) hit a nerve with me. Fortunately I deal with it by drinking but others might have a worse response.

Dan Salvato said the reason he did this was because he didn't want to mislead people downloading a free game thinking it was a cute dating SIM.

Yeah it robs some of the impact, but it would have been bad to have children witnessing suicide and shit

Undertale is at least a game.

They're both great and unique

DDLC is good if it actually scares you like a horror game, just ruined by people who interpret it as shitty waifubait and meme generator

Undertale is a legitimately amazing game, definitely top 10 for me

OneShot

>Undertale
>americanized Mother
>DDLC
>rehash of the same fourth-wall breaking VN that has been done a gorillion times before
>>>unique
Either baiting or doesn't play games

Dokidoki is fairly alright. I enjoyed the deconstruction aspect a lot although a lot of cheap jumpscares sucked. It's not a game, it really is just an interactive story.
Undertale was ...good. Still is good, but impossible to enjoy with it being linked with its cancerous fanbase

I was already on the "enter your name" screen, I planned it all out lmao

She's a big fan of VNs, so when I told her we would be reading one together she was very excited.

I legit lost friends over it. It's a good thing though. Better to find out how cancerous they are early on.

>losing friend because they like things you don't
Really?

Cancertale

>know people who were super into undermeme, roleplaying and stuff
>immediately changed everything to doki doki club
What will be the next shitty meme le meta ftw game?

Undertale is Mother if it was good

DDLC isn't a game

Because people complained and it was added retroactively.

DDLC had the chance to be a game that tackles mental health issues. But it just turns into spooky jump scare city. There was this kind of cool aspect that one of the girls would die no matter what you did. And I liked that idea that sometimes it's out of your hands what other people do, no matter how hard you try to support.

It still wasn't much of a game.

is the 56% of earthbound