FFXIV Stormblood Patch 4.2

Already a week into 4.2 how are you feeling about it? Are you excited about the upcoming Eureka live letter?

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxivchocoboracing.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's so boring! I've already beaten all the raids and there's nothing left to do in this shit game lol

I don't have any feelings for it because I stopped playing right after Stormblood came out.

Same as I feel about every other patch. It's fun to run through the content once then drop the game until next patch because there's no incentive to grind when stuff gets obsolete or nerfed fast.

this is not ff you are trash please end yourself and every members of square enix now.

the (((ddos))) are back
nice shitty servers

healers get ass fucked in the new content and tanks have virtually nothing to do

dps babs win again

please understand

Isnt that the point? Just quit until 4.3/4 nigga, don't burn yourself out for +10 ilevels

Did everything except the savage raid and the beast tribe to completion in like two days.

My sub runs out in like 3 days and its the first time in the 4 years or so since ARR launched that I'm not going to renew it. The eureka live letter will either convince me to reup and participate in that the least likely outcome or it will convince me to stay away until 4.3 when I can play for another couple of days.

I think Eureka has a lot riding on it, it feels like its make it or break it for so many people and I don't have the faith in the XIV dev team to deliver.

if i didnt have aids i do now

Post your new houses, Sup Forums. I just upgraded to this baby from a small last night. Feels good man.

>dps babs win again
>endless RNG distractions in the first 2 fights
>guardian is the most anti-positional shit imaginable

>healers get ass fucked
just like stare at your ghost and don't run around

>4 years or so since ARR launched that I'm not going to renew it
yoshida doesn't care if you quit because you already gave him hundreds of dollars in sub fees

>anti-positional
What are you? A BLM?

Go fuck yourself.

>this is the average healer

>a ranged job
>positional
>implying a BLM can't just sit comfortably in one of the myriads of safespots and pop triplecast for the 60 seconds-spaced runs
Healer brainlets, everybody.

Guardian is the fucking worst melee fight in recent memory, being a melee is fucking suffering in here.

>BLM
>positionals
Are you retarded by chance?

>>anti-positional
>What are you? A BLM?
yikes

>byakko orbs
>grabby bois in o1s
>cloud of darkness prey in o2s
>guardian turning around

fuck melee the patch

What do you meld for drk

Isn't it Strength VI for accessories and Direct Hit the rest?
I could be wrong but I see that a lot.

fuck off back to /vg/

>Dailies, daily and weekly caps
>Time gated mats
>Have to stay subbed to keep your house
>"I want to avoid forcing people to play..."
Sure, Yoshi.

>406061186

this makes sense though..the fuck do you think will happen if everyone just gets to keep their house while quitting the game, eventually every plot will be taken by people who no longer play and all the active players will have no housing options. It's a necessity.

It's just a PR spin to disguise that they can't deliver good endgame model.

guys, I'm starting to get worried that I will hit max level in all the combat classes and then no longer have a reason to play the game, and my nice house will go to waste. what the fuck do i do

They can do cleanups every major patch though. There's many ways to fix it, but no matter how you go about being an apologist about it, at the end of the day it just contradicts the message that you can unsub and come back to the game at your leisure.

no ones forcing you to cap weeklies or dailies, especially since the caps get lifted anyways.

and housing is for ERP faggots

play something other than dps

Those players have been playing longer, so they deserve a house.

>sigma is the first time I've ever tried savage raiding
>spending 8+ hours every day trying to learn fights at the cost of my work and school
>those fucking highs you get when you finally clear

I've lost control of my life but it feels so good.

Are you fucking retarded? I literally said I'm worried about maxing out every combat class why the FUCK would you think I only play DPS?

>just wiped 2 times to bismarck normal
this game man

>my faglog percentiles in sigmascape keep dropping by about 1-2 points a day on their own
nani the fuck is going on? isn't this about the highest you've ever got?

>They can do cleanups every major patch though
which is what the demolition rule is except you don't have to wait 3 months

Barely, they keep turning off the auto demolish for months at a time any time there's the slightest bit of foul weather some where in the world
How many months was the most recent demolish suspension

dude, come on

dps is boring, level WAR or something

Been getting random framerate drops in dungeons for the last week or so. Been annoying.

>the ranged and casters that won't jump on his back

>no ones forcing you to cap weeklies or dailies
Well shit, what the fuck is there to do in the game, then? Do you just do FATEs? Play Triple Triad?

I think it updates itself throughout the week, then moves on to the next week. I was the best PLD on my server until the actual good plds got on with their statics

>I don't know how percentiles work

if it's a personal house, all you have to do is walk in once every 44 days. if you can't justify spending $13 every 44 days then you should have gotten an FC house or apartment instead. you agreed to the term when you chose to buy out the plot.

you do the content then fuck off. why do you autistically grind item levels?

You're retarded m8 I don't need a lecture on "agreeing to terms" holy fucking shit

you do realize this is a GAME and my post was largely tongue-in-cheek? God damn you're dumb

must be your computer, mines never drop below vsync cap of 60fps unless I'm standing in a S rank hunt crowd

>online gil shops are running out of gil

don't try to do sarcasm on a anonymous board, it makes you look even more retarded that you get flustered like a jit.

This is your new race for 5.0

The only one who looks retarded is the jackass who thought a lecture on "agreeing to terms" was the proper response to my post. You must be literally autistic.

I can't complete beast tribes at my own pace, though. MGP gain is throttled with time gates. Mats worth gathering are time gated. I get it if all you do is beat the MSQ and fuck off, but for most anything else you're pretty much leashed to daddy Yoshi's schedule.

you said it was tongue in cheek yet here you are getting mad and won't shut up like a girl on her period

yep, autistic..and just retarded in general.

why are you grinding beast tribes
why are you grinding mgp
why are grinding anything but item levels, it's useless.

>those love letters on the forums for that event
These are hilarious, best valentines event.

link to love letter for khloe

>user starts whining about dumb shit
>multiple anons tell him he's being a retard
>I-I was just joking, y-you guys are autistic

You get fucked nigga

Clearly you don't give a shit about most of the content, making your participation in the topic irrelevant.

>get told
>"autism!"

I'd understand if the content had meaning but all you're doing is chasing after a carrot on a stick reward and complaining about you can't quit your sub fee because of it

gimme

game was fun while it lasted

literally no parties for o7s that have cleared it last week that need to clear it this week.

Do chocobo racing for MGP.

t. P9 R300 Chocobo owner

is 3k dps on a tank bad with a pug clear group? fight was O6S

So who else is looking forward to the crying when its revealed Eureka is the new Diadem?

sounds normal. healers should be doing 2k, tanks 3k, dps 4k+

Not really, I unsub when/if I run out of content I am personally interested in. The original point is that Yoshi claims he doesn't want people to play the game religiously but almost every piece of content in the game is built around time gates. You might not care about the more heavily timegated shit, I might not care about the more heavily timegated shit, but that doesn't change the fact that the heavily timegated shit is in and directly contradicts with his message.

No one's forcing you to play any game for any reason, it's fucking irrelevant. You can unsub from anything on a personal whim, XIV is not unique in that sense, but it definitely tries to keep you harder than other MMOs. GW2 has a much better case in this regard.

the time gates get removed or severely nerfed eventually. you can unsub and come back to them later in their nerfed state.

>the time gates get removed or severely nerfed eventually.
Only when they are replaced by new ones.

the old ones still remain and if they aren't worth grinding later, why are you grinding them NOW? what fucking purpose do you need to grind mgp or beast tribes for other than for optional easily skippable bullshit

So your solution to currently gated content is to play outdated content? What kind of backwards logic is that? Shouldn't you by that logic only buy an expac when a new one comes out? Are you skipping Stormblood until 5.0, because fewer things in 4.x will be gated any more? Which, by the way, isn't even entirely true, since shit like unspoiled nodes will continue to be gated as heavily.

How do I into chocobo racing and breeding?

Lets play a game, Sup Forums. Who you think got the DRG tether on this Byakko EX PF run? Was it the Monk? Mayhaps it was the Red Mage? Or even the Warrior for opener burst?

you're dodging my question, what fucking purpose do you need to grind mgp or beast tribes? the "gated loot" in raids literally doesn't fucking matter because you can beat everything in crafted gear. gear doesn't matter in pvp and its not capped either. so why are you stressing out?

why is the bard at 11%?

First step is getting your starter chocobo to Rank 40. Secondly, you want to buy Dressage III to boost your XP gain, especially with it price not being 50k MGP again.

When you hit rank 40 on your chocobo, retire it, and buy a P1 or P2 covering from the vendor at the chocobo racing place. Try to get a chocobo with least one or two 4-star stats for covering. Also aim for your wanted chocobo color before P9 chocobo, as at that rank if you have good 4 star stats, you begin inbreeding and it becomes a real hassle to introduce a new color.

I cant really type it all down on a short post, so go check out ffxivchocoboracing.wordpress.com/ for more info.

First guess would be they died.

so with the new stack size limits, what mats should I farm up for getting into serious crafting, is there any sort of actual list or will I need to autisticly go through the recipes to find out what I should be stocking up on?

Because of the new stack sizes I want to build a stockpile so I can capitalize on the crafting market as my server doesn't seem to have much of a serious crafter presence.

They died. Thrice.
They also got the tether

thanks, will do.

*bbbrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappp*

This was me for delta and now I haven't even touched sigma

Couple more steps of advice; Your second chocobo onward will have a hereditary ability. Around P8 or P9 stop using Dressage III until you can get a chocobo with Choco Cure III as their ability and choose that as their heritage one, as its never a bad choice and suits most builds. Second, don't bother with MGP feeds until you get to your last chocobo, and try to not feed in P9 as youre going to get pushed to R300 at around 16~ish stars if you do so, making grinding way way worse. If you need more help, feel free to ask.

gyr abanian alchemics

Eureka will make or break Stormblood. If it's Diadem 3.0 then expect everyone to leave.

>tons of Haurchefant, Aymeric, and Alphinaud ones
Such a lust for male elves.

For the same reason anyone plays any game. Rewards are the universal currency vidya, even intangible shit like fun or story. Again, you're taking this whole argument super personally, when it's not about how I play or how you play, it's about how the game is designed as a whole and Yoshi's message that you can freely unsub. Apparently, that's too much for your mongoloid brain since you keep climbing all over my nuts about the way I play the game.

>you can beat everything in crafted gear
Which you need to buy with gil, and you make gil by making items in high demand, and items in high demand are usually behind time gates in some shape or form.

>Which you need to buy with gil, and you make gil by making items in high demand,
or you have friends/FC mates that can make stuff for you.
or you can always buy gil with real money. $5 gets you millions on mid pop servers

In theory he's right, but he should have stopped once he realized the player skill of the BRD

Yoshida isn't wrong, you are free to unsub anytime. It's your fault that you find petty virtual housing or grinds with no meaning as a hook to keep paying

What is this?

so it's basically FF7