Playing this for the first time. Any tips? Any must-have mods?

Playing this for the first time. Any tips? Any must-have mods?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-texturen-mod
moddb.com/mods/witchercharactermodels
moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1
nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/231
nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/669/?
nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/662/?
moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-perfect-blood-mod
moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-perfect-rain-mod
youtube.com/watch?v=7Hg7M3IzziQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when stating new game you can chose main game or 2 additional small stories.

Don't forget to play them after main story

Give Geralt the alchemical recepticle, man you must be tony dan if you think this game doesn't take place in Japan. My main man Hanny han solo looked at this jazzy game and said it got the big pan because he's the big man with a plan for the Lan.

Put the game into bird's-eye view so the combat feels less awkward and more like Diablo with timed hits.

>Put the game into bird's-eye view

pleb

The graphics improvements mod, its a large file, just google it.

The graphics menu is divided, you will have to dig deeper to actually make the game presentable (discovered this after I was done with the game).

Play on normal difficulty, its the most enjoyable one next to installing god mode.

You can sex all women between the age of 14(?) and 50, and you should. Its cheaper to give hookers flowers than paying them. Going neutral will end with everyone dying, but at least you will be able to bone two hot nuns at the same time in a decaying hospital full of dismembered people and lepers.

Every action and inaction has a consequence(s). And if you like that, then don't forget the extra adventure "The price of neutrality".

Always assume the worst.

Just started this game the other day too, just how long is it?

Old pasta I made. It might be outdated but just make sure you get FCR, the rest doesn't matter so much. FCR is great even if you're playing on easy mode, people tend to say it's only for making the game hard but that's just not true.

Install them in this order
moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-texturen-mod
moddb.com/mods/witchercharactermodels
moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1
nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/231
nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/669/?
nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/662/? (If you can you might want to shrink these textures, 20mb is pretty retarded)
moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-perfect-blood-mod
moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-perfect-rain-mod (I don't use this but maybe you will want to.)
Some of them have performance hits so avoid graphics if you're on a toaster.

The start of TW1 is -hard- to get through so keep that in mind. It gets great later on though.

There are a lot of fetch quests that require a lot of running backwards and forwards to different areas.

Personally I would download a mod that increases movement speed slightly. There are a couple if memory serves.

Think you can rush it in 20 hours, but I got 52 hours while not using the wiki to find stuff and doing some side quests.

The swamp sidequests are the worst, timewasters i hate them but i do them all since this game actually held you accountable for most of the shit you do.

I loved the swamp so much, I was fucking so immersed at that point in the game.

The combat sucks ass ,anyone who tries to argue otherwise is a nostalgiafag or a contrarian, just get over it and enjoy the game for its atmosphere, story and style

skip preagus mod

literally play the game on easy mode. I dont totally agree with in that the combat sucks ass, but that being said playing on higher difficulties isn't actually harder, the fights just become tedious and you're never really at risk of actually dying anyway.

Played both in 2016. W1 combat > W3 combat. It's not good, but its also not completely generic trash

>Any must-have mods?
no, it plays totally fine as it is, but graphical mods are recommended

>W1 combat > W3 combat
I hate Sup Forums

huge tip - do not go to the swamp unless you have cleared everything in the city you can possibly clear, talk to everyone, explore all the city

having the swamp+the city to do at once is what fatigues a lot of players plus you will enjoy the change of scenery when you clear the city

1. Every witcher is a friend you don't know
2. Never ever trust ghosts

>Its a Witcher 1 thread

Yes. I absolutely love 2 and 3 and how they've become modernized for today, but TW1 is a special game and that still feels fun to play.

I go back to it once every few years.

>14
I am sure the youngest you can fug is vesna Hood and she seems 16 or 18.

Hes not wrong, theres something fun about switching stances on the fly to max out damage and the like. Not to mention they don't even have a fucking potion drinking animation in 3 which I found to a be a fucking crime.

Witcher 1 has almost MMO like combat, but its just fucking fun to go through a wave of guys hitting all your combos and just slicing them to ribbons.

I'd probably go with 3 over 1 desu, but I enjoy 1 having what it does.

>censored

Why was he so based? Why the fuck didn't he appear in the second or third game? Why didn't anyone in the first game ever show up again except thaler and Foltest? And why did based Iorveth also dissapear?

youtube.com/watch?v=7Hg7M3IzziQ

Small indie company pls understand :^)

He was actually sane. He didn't fit there, although I would have liked if he made an appearance in 3. Thaler was minor enough and Foltest was the whole plot cow for 2.
Also,
>Iorveth
>based
AROUND ELVES WATCH YOURSELVES

>Why the fuck didn't he appear in the second
Nigga...

Rise of the White Wolf is great to have.

Any mods to fix the combat? I'd rather play turn-based than use that shitty system.

Terrible advice.
Graphics mods suck dick because the people who made them just ran a shapener filter over vanilla textures or slapped them together with zero artistic direction.

Play on HARD difficulty, not to impress your friends or giving your bragging rights but because it makes alchemy actually needed instead of a "cheatmode" it is on normal, game is balanced around hard difficulty.

Use signs, try out different combinations, some are more useful than others.
Quen gets heavily underrated, experiment with it.