Been a pc gamer all my life

>been a pc gamer all my life
>bought a new 4k tv
>can't even find a new gpu because miners
>even if I do 1080 is the bare minimum and it costs an arm and a leg

Is it crazy to get a ps4 pro instead? Is the checkerboard 4k comparable to native 4k?

Please give serious answers if you actually own ps4 pro.

Better off getting a One X. All console exclusive games will run and look best on it.

Xbone has no fucking games though besides dudebro and sports shit

It has Monster Hunter and will be getting RDR2.

>Xbox
>Console exclusives
Pick one

Do you like video games? If yes, I believe you should get a video game playing machine.

>Is the checkerboard 4k comparable to native 4k?
It's no 4K, but it beats the shit out of 1080p. But still, I seriously hope you're not buying consoles for the graphics.

PC gaming right now is only worth it if you are going high-end. At mid end you are better off with a Pro or 1X

It is fine if you don't mind playing at 30fps. Personally I can get used to 30fps (as long as it has high quality motion blur) after like 15 minutes, and I even start thinking the graphics look really good if it's a game like Uncharted 4 or Horizon. But it is a bit jarring for a little while when switching from a 60fps game to a 30fps one, and most games that run at a resolution above 1080p on the pro will render that resolution at 30fps

A 1060 will play games at 4k with everything on high at around 30 fps(check benchmarks) No console can do that. Not to mention ability to pirate games and movies.

Xbox doesn't have PlayStation games and occasionally 3rd party weebshit won't come to the console, most of its low quality anyway. It has the same variety of shit otherwise.

Insects don't enjoy being stroked, he should stop bugging it.

/thread

Console 4k is a joke even if they do away with the checkerboard thanks to the low quality textures.
It's like playing PS2 games in 1440p.

Have you actually played it or you are memeing

Not being rude just asking informative opinions

CARLOS!

The PS4 Pro is nice, mostly because of the hot swap drivebay that you can put an SSD in.
Got the MHW limited edition one as an 'upgrade' over the regular PS4 and didn't really notice a huge difference in visual quality at 1080p, but you can feel the difference in performance with the framerate and an SSD.
Probably works best for 4k gaming and I barely use the PS4, really, but it does get games worth playing you can't get on PC occasionally.

I do not suggest MonHun on the XB1. Even when the servers get fixed, we aren't getting the same type of content support.

get a prebuild. Manufacturers aren't affected by cryptocurrency. You probably need an update anyway.

>PC gamer
>TV
cool thread you piece of shit

What GPU do you have? consoles are just exclusive machines. Buy a ps4 for the games. But if you dont care about that don't bother. Also a 1070 will probably fucking run 4k 10x as well as a ps4 pro.

not him but it depends on the game obviously. But in general I find a lot of the 4k modes are head scratching and he is right. Wish they did higher quality textures and high fps at 1080p, and I like 4k. But I mean its still better. vtmb has shit low quality textures, still better at 1440p than say 720p

a 1060 is also $600 which isn't worth it considering the Pro and 1X can already do that.

tfw bought a 1060 for 200 euros

Given the current GPU market, it definitely makes sense. In my opinion, checkerboard 4k looks damn close to native. The bigger difference is the drop in framerates when you run games in high res modes. If you are fine with 30 fps on most games then cool, but I usually end up running games in high framerate mode anyway. At the end of the day, even if the GPU market wasn't complete shit, it's still worth it to buy a PS4 for the exclusives anyway.