Apart from Wander's face and his lesser reactions to what's happening around him, this is the best version of the game

Apart from Wander's face and his lesser reactions to what's happening around him, this is the best version of the game.
And yes, I have played the original.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WAIB8rhSfaQ?t=573
youtu.be/1hZjQHMq6oc?t=1898
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>And yes, I have played the original
But I didn't really like it

SotC is in my top 5.

It disregards the art style in favor of inconsistent graphics.

It has less impactful cutscenes because of the new music, animations, camera work, and lighting.

A lot of the new graphics are just canned shaders that aren't tweaked well.

How is it the best again?

>it has less impactful cutscenes because of the new music, animations, camera work and lighting
Again, my only real issue during cutscenes is Wander's face.
And yeah, some of the areas end up looking a little dull with the new graphics, but I don't really think it ruins the experience.
Overall it runs better than the PS2 version and Wander doesn't flail and fall around nearly as much as the PS3 version.

On closer inspection your opinion might change.

>Overall it runs better than the PS2 version

What an achievement! Take my $50 Sony!

>It disregards the art style
It dosen't.
>new music
Music is the same.
>a lot of new graphics are just canned shaders
Another lie. Every texture is remade from the ground.

>It dosen't.
It does, completely.

>Music is the same.
youtu.be/WAIB8rhSfaQ?t=573
youtu.be/1hZjQHMq6oc?t=1898
>Another lie. Every texture is remade from the ground.
What do textures have to do with shaders?

>try to explain why it's the best version
>get made fun of
Possibly, but I've played the game four times prior to this and I haven't noticed the cutscenes being much worse than before, so is it even really a big deal if someone of my familiarity doesn't find it bothersome?

Both the remake and the original sound fine in that cutscene. This isn't a good critique, this is nitpicking.

>It does, completely.
No, it dosen't.
You posted same music. Your point?
>What do textures have to do with shaders?
I didn't say they have to do with shaders but with graphics overall you idiot.

I think so, yes. It won't be delivering the same finely tuned impact of the original, it's like endorsing a knock-off. Why do it?

>You posted same music.
k

>I think so, yes
Why do you present your subjective opinions as facts?

I presented facts and shared my opinion on them.

Well, you're wrong. Critics, a lot of long time fans and newcomers are absolutely loving the game. You're in the vast minority. The game hasn't lost any of its impact. In fact, it's wowed me several times like it did the first time I played it on PS2.

You presented opinions only and quite autistic ones on top of that. Where are your facts?

They did fuck-all to the music. Are you deaf?

So PS3 is the way to go?

I'm objectively not wrong user, deflecting to irrelevant tidbits doesn't enforce your "argument".

No I haven't.

emu > ps2/3 > remake imo

Wander flails around and falls over way too much in that version.

No, ignore the nitpicking faggot who hasn't played the game. The remake is a direct improvement.

>No, I'm not wrong
>No I haven't.
Nice argument, you really showed me.

remake is the best version

so this is what a shill thread looks like

I meant you were wrong in thinking the cutscenes being slightly tweaked ruins the impact.

Yes, 30fps and upscaled PS2 graphics is so much better.

Why are shills still defending this shit? Do they think we are blind?

No I wasn't. It objectively does. This is more than slightly tweaking the scenes, the were remade from scratch by amateur developers who have literally never made a game before. With worse music, voice acting, animations, and camera work.

Why are you so mad that people prefer remake? Because you can't play it? That's childish.

I literally said in the OP that it has problems though.

You suck

So it's just you samefagging?

>It objectively does
>my opinions are objective
You must be underage, aren't you?
> the were remade from scratch by amateur developers
Another lie.

>with worse music, voice acting, animations and camera work
I'm not huge on Dormin's voice change, but it's not a deal breaker. And Wander sounds fine. There's not that much dialogue in the game. The animations seem to be the same as what I remember, same with the music and if the camera works different, they did a fine job with it because none of it has looked jarring or poorly framed to me.

Does Sony pay you in dollars or store credit?

Nah, there's at least one another user responding as well.

No, but your mom for fucking her.

Based user consistently blowing the fuck out of soy fueled fanboys.

The Remake is literal trash that doesn't have shit on the original.

Just play it on PCSX2 and upscale the textures

It's just a false flagger too poor to afford to play video games.

>PS4 Pro
>60fps
>Boost mode enabled
>Supersampling enabled

As with everything, devs/producers/makers have a different version of the original product in their mind when creating a remake. It's guaranteed to be different in some sense. No two artistic things can be the same. Then there are consumers - those with taste and those without. People with no taste do not notice small touches original autors put in the game, and they will go unnoticed. Those people are always the majority. People who can appreciate those little things will always be in a minority. You may think the remake is fine, but that makes you objectively wrong. It's clearly inferior to the original, as it doesn't have a drop of original's authors intent. Nothing stops you from playing the original though. It didn't disappear. That being said, you are free to enjoy your shitty remake, I hope you have a good time. Just stop saying that it's better, and that there are no problems with it, because that's just wrong.

If it runs at a consistent 30 then yeah, this is a good option as well.

I said in the OP that there were problems though.

really hoping they fix wanderers face he looks nothing like the original not even his hair.

Its a blemish on such a wonderful remake.

This is my main issue.

Life sucks, doesn't it.

>dude what if we made their eyes more anime and made them swirl around?

>Just stop saying that it's better
It is better by far. Stop being mad that you are too poor for PS4 pro.

Not him, im getting the remake but we have to establish that the newer realistic graphics dont inherently mean that the game is better, it;s a different take.

I prefer the bloom hazy feel of the original. It feels more isolated.

I prefer it too, but the game looks drop dead gorgeous at times to the point that the positives outweigh the negatives.

I found design and atmosphere very similar, but far superior graphics and lighting shows game real potential.

The remake is beautiful.
It doesn't subtract from the original.
It still feels like an adventure.
The steele case is sexy.

I'm glad i got it. Atmospheric fog or not.

Also the water colossi is still fucking terrifying.

>It doesn't subtract from the original.
(You).

>left has his sword out
>right doesn't
hurrr

Your life is so sad lol.

You're right it substract and make it even better. Just look at framerate and vegetation of the ground.

I'm not into nit picking little differences user.

Overall the remake is better, you should try it.

You've never played it though.

Of course it's different because remake has far better graphics.

yours is because you spend all day defending a game that still exists. if you love it so muvh just go play it, its that simple. just because your autism prevents you from enjoying the remake doesnt mean you should waste your time here.

I played both the ps2 version and I'm halfway through the remake

Why be so hysterical over small changes to a remade game?

He's mad that PS4 has best version not PC.

WHATS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE I SEE THIS EVERY THREAD

I genuinely believe this user is implying that his head doesn't track the colossus in the remake, but the colossus isnt even in the webm from the remastered webm so it's just a shitpost

What do you want? Shut up already, it's always the same thing with you people.
Who cares about a ten year old game?

Wander's hair and face doesn't animate in the remake when you're playing, and his overall animations especially for his head are stiff.

it looks depressed, and i'm not surprised in the slightest

Me. Especially when it looks so gorgeous.

His face here makes me laugh. Poor guy.

>slightly tweaked
Come on now.

Too bad they fucked with the colors and particles.

>Too bad they fucked color and particles
Where and how?

The original has far more emotion and realistic body movement than the remake.
Look at how static his head movement and facial expression is in the remake and then look at the original.

Did the change The Opened Way in the remake?

What the fuck are people talking about when they say ruined artistic vision? The fact there's more shrubbery around the map? Or the fact that the screen has less purple tint?

That time of your life is never coming back user. You're older than you were when you played the original and time will never stop moving

In that fight you posted.

Dunno.

Can't see it. I asked how and why.

Both those things and more.

Look into it then.

>noo less bloom and darker fur, literally ruined

Autism

So you're overwhelmingly autistic? Got it

I'm looking. And?

Hope you realize the ps2 couldn't handle shrubs

But desu, the ps2 version does look cooler here

>he does it for free

This is dragon ball super all over again. Shitters will eat any crap thrown at them because they are so starved. I can't even get mad at those things anymore. There is literally no point arguing with those trolls.

>he's autistic for free

Why do you want to play the game if you don't care for these things?

What things again?

ayy lmao look at the shill rev up. You are part of the same demographic sucking the droppings of each remake/sequel meta.

The things you deem autistic.

Notice on the PS2, each iris looks similar but slightly unique. On the PS4 they're clearly just mirror flipped

I know but I'm spreading the word that the remaster is shitty. They're pathetic but it's free bumps for this topic.
In general I like discussing SOTC and this is all that's going on in this SOTC thread right now too.

You're complaining that a ps4 game has more shrubs than a ps2 game

>the things
What things? That you are autistic? I know that.

People just like shitting on a every release to try and fit in. Sad really.