What are some cool hispanic/latino characters in vidya?

What are some cool hispanic/latino characters in vidya?

And why are they so underrepresented?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201st_Fighter_Squadron_(Mexico)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Expeditionary_Force
youtube.com/watch?v=ohCw6eXqc_g
store.steampowered.com/app/294460/Fenix_Rage/
store.steampowered.com/curator/6873594-Latin-American-Games-Juegos-hechos-en-Am/?appid=263980
youtube.com/watch?v=G69jUWW7etM
youtube.com/watch?v=hNN1Zk_ss4g
youtube.com/watch?v=lwc0I7F7PS8
youtube.com/watch?v=LwVCRTKnIMo
youtube.com/watch?v=cGxFuZFiIeM
youtube.com/watch?v=GE5IzoNnDCU
youtube.com/watch?v=6XpatO5lafQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>And why are they so underrepresented?
not enough hispanic game devs

all their developers jumped the border

>Luis (RE4)
>Dom (Gears)
>Sebastian (TEW)
>Cortez (timesplitters, No white man would have that name)
>Carlos (SR2)
>The Mexican from SA
Probably a lot more too. Hispanics don't really care, we just want a good game.

I really like how japs represent hispanic more than americans. I also usually don't really care all that much whether a characters hispanic or not.

How do you explain all the black characters recently then

this
we just want good games damn it

>spics think they're italians and spaniards now
no, you're not, you're fucking indio mutts

forced diversity

Holy shit not this thread again

/thread

Doesn't Overwatch have two Mexicans?

I couldn't care less about representation of latin america in vidya. I want better thought fictional worlds.
AND NO, MY RACE DIDN'T FIGHT IN WW2, YOU GODAMN DUM DUMS

>Cool characters

I want Uruguayan representation.

Samuel "colgate" is brazilian.
Carlos from resident evil 3 too.

Can't think of any other south american / latino in vidyia but I don't really pay attention to this shit to begin with.

most of those black characters are tokens

M-m-muhria

Laura and Sean

Yeah gee I fucking wonder.

>Marcus' son is named after Dom

>Mario odyssey shows of sombrero costume
>mexican americans get ass blasted over it
>actual Mexicans think its cool

hispanic/latino isn't really considered a race or even common in countries outside of the americas. This is like me asking why I don't see many Turks or Moroccans in american media even though they're among the most common non-white ethnicity in europe

spics are subhuman

>AND NO, MY RACE DIDN'T FIGHT IN WW2, YOU GODAMN DUM DUMS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201st_Fighter_Squadron_(Mexico)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Expeditionary_Force

I actually find it funny/cool that Jap games have more latino representation then the west

I don't blame them, Benicio Del Toro is fucking awesome.

>sjw's ranting about cultural appropriation
>they defend, treat and alter the culture like is theirs

Because there are more black devs than hispanic devs?

Sup Forums hates minorities

>tfw none of these sheboons hold a candle to young Pam Grier
where did it all go wrong

latin american here

we don't care beyond going "oh, he's from [SA/mexican country], that's a cool bit of trivia i guess

It's always the -americans that get angry about perceived slights. I presume the difference is not being the majority.

Post latino vidya

why are there no dutch characters anywhere and why is stuff never translated i feel discriminated

Had the Britons colonized all of the Americas and genocided every native instead of raping them and making subhumans like the Spaniards, we'd have a first world continent from top to bottom.

Rainbow Six Siege has two Spanish operators (Jackal and Mira, though Jackal is of middle eastern descent), and two Brazilian operators (Capitão and Caveira. Capitão is also black, which gives him extra representation points).

Pulse and Valkyrie, both americans, seem to have Latino heritage, going by their last names (Estrada and Castellano, respectively)

As a Mexican, I don't care. I didn't produce or develop the product, why would my race have any telling on what race the main character is. People that complain should get off their asses and make their own videogames, instead of waiting someone to do it for them, because they are too stupid to code/write/draw.

Everyone fought in WW2, Tacoman. Thats why its called WORLD War 2

Monster hunter

Why are white people responsible for making games for minorities?
Why are white people responsible for propagating the culture of minorities?

Representation reprsentation representation!
Fuck these loonies. Didn't videogames used to be about FUN at some point?
Like all things that became casualized it too became a trend ruined by others. Gaming should've stayed niche.

>inb4 600 replies from latinos saying they don't cre about representation and is a chicano thing

As a latin american (brazilian, to be specific), I don't give a shit about representation. I want good characters I can relate to, when it comes to personality, backstory, and how they interact with the world around them, not their skin color, gender or nationality.

My favorite vidya character is a old white lady (Kreia from Kotor 2). Would I feel any different about her if she were a vietnamese man? Not at all. I care about the character, not what they look like.

Latin America doesn't deserve any representation. Most of their countries are failed states, complete shitholes where nothing good is born.

t. argie

sangres from payday 2

>nothing good is born
take that back piante

Why chicanos and the rest of traitor trash goes to write shit like these?
They dont rrepresent latinamerican at all

I'm pretty certain Rico is a Spaniard raised in not!Italy.

>white people make games
>white people make the characters in their game white
>blacks cry foul "why der no blacks in dese games mang??!?!"
>diversity quotas are implemented to include more blacks
>Latin Americans and Mexicans be like "we r our reprezentation at manggg?!?!"

Go make you own fucking video game. Last time I checked Japan isn't making sassy tough black women with afros as their leads in every game. They make games that represent them because THEY are the makers.

If niggers and mexiCANTS want to be represented, then GO and become a game developer and make your own games starring your own race of people. It's as simple as that.

If you're either a taco or a hue you guys fought.
If you check wikipedia and read a bit you will see these guys were hardcore as fuck, they even got a cool mascot from walt disney as a gift since they threw dice to see who was going to go outside with just a knife after they were out of ammo while holding an entire platoon with only 5 men.

youtube.com/watch?v=ohCw6eXqc_g

Latino here, please dont represent us, we dont want to see Pedro doing shit, we like seeing an epic knight smashing shit, a big titties white elf burning other shit with magic, thrust me, if we dont want to see a fucking Daniel, Jose or wathever in a damn football shirt jumping and doing things.
If its not relevant to the plot, why the FUCK do people insist on being representaded? Isnt the point of playing fucking GAMES to escape what you are, your situation or your demographic for a while and have, god forbid, fun?

racist fuck

I guarantee you would never talk like that in public. You can only share your opinions anonymously online. Fucking pussy. I would sucker punch the fuck out of you for saying that out loud.

Mexicans got enough representation tho

not a single Mexican ever has said that, only americans complain about that shit.

store.steampowered.com/app/294460/Fenix_Rage/
Rate this 100% latin american game guys

Pasos from Max Payne 3 was a good friend, Max was just too drunk and stupid to know it.

I'm half Puerto Rican and there has never been an interesting or cool spanish design / character in video games other than this

See:

What about Hawlucha?

Gee I wonder why so many small newborn countries fail over and over when big brother USA constantly fucks them over and overthrows their government and invades them with spooks and installs dictators.

Stopped playing 3rd gen, I think mexican wrestling is dumb as fuck and I always have my entire life so eh

Ey holmes

Not everyone as there were some neutral contries , but every country in the american continent joined the allies after pearl harbor, some provided naval support, others just moved their forces to protect in case of another attack and the rest was just pissed by the attack but in the end every hispanic country (and brazil) joined the war in some form

we don't give a shit about representation in games
stop getting mad on our behalf gringos

you forgot uncharted 4

VALLHALLA

nah fuck you i'm hispanic and both of my great grandpas fought in WW2

kerbal space program
zeno clash
abyss odyssey

forced white guilt

Regnum Online

>Rico is form some Mediterranean country.
>Somehow Latin

W E W
E
W

He was born in Mexico, he grew up in Medici

Cesar from San Andreas was awesome and a true bro, but I'm guessing you mean playable ones. I dunno man.

Huh, is there a source on that?

but they're not underrepresented...

>Underrepresented

Do we have any characters that are Australian abos? That has to be the most underrepresented race in the world in any context.

>Kerbal is made by Mexicans.
Huh, didn't know that.

>>Latin Americans and Mexicans be like "we r our reprezentation at manggg?!?!"
Nice strawman, faggot.
Only niggers and whites care about the color of the skin of a bunch of pixels or an actor in a movie.

Black people like to guilt trip white people a lot more than hispanic/latinos. Shit when some random gangbanger gets shot no one really gives a shit.

>still pulling the USA card
Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night. Keep voting for the commies there so they can keep ruining your country, you leftist retard.

i noticed that too lol

Multiple Latinos won the Medal of Honor

Mexican here

We have several games actually

We had AAA Lucha Libre which is arguably the Latin American game with the biggest budget ever

We also have Kerbal Space Program, the best selling Latin American game on Steam and the most successful one

store.steampowered.com/curator/6873594-Latin-American-Games-Juegos-hechos-en-Am/?appid=263980

Also we have created some games for PC and PS4 too

youtube.com/watch?v=G69jUWW7etM

youtube.com/watch?v=hNN1Zk_ss4g

youtube.com/watch?v=lwc0I7F7PS8

youtube.com/watch?v=LwVCRTKnIMo

youtube.com/watch?v=cGxFuZFiIeM

youtube.com/watch?v=GE5IzoNnDCU

This one coming to Switch looks comfy too

youtube.com/watch?v=6XpatO5lafQ

Also, Mexico is the biggest vidya market

>Cortez (timesplitters, No white man would have that name)
Hernan Cortez was a european white man

>WAHHHHHH YOU NEED TO SHOEHORN US INTO MORE GAMES WAHHHHH

spics are cancer

>the marriott doesn't provide free breakfast
wow

They guy from subnautica is south asian

>even with diversity quotas in computer science programs and software companies these people still aren't enrolling or applying for jobs
really thinks you make

There are actually many latnos working in vidya companies

For once, the guy who designed the multiplayer Nazi mode from COD WWII is a Mexican