The Surge 2 announced

The Surge 2 announced.

That was quick

I'm sure they will nail it this time

The first didn't flop?

the amusement park dlc was bretty good

i bought the first one and it was incredibly generic and boring, why this new one should get me hyped?

>they made 2 Cyber souls games before FROM could make 1

They are promising to do better.

Nice.
Haven't played The Surge yet but as Souls clones go, Lords of The Fallen was decent and Nioh was my GOTY 2017.
It means that people are hungry for no-nonsense action games and that's good.

Why?

Literally nobody asked for this, and despite the mass amounts of shilling, the Surge flopped

How do you know that it flopped? Sequel is coming.

Lords of the fallen flopped and they still made surge.

How do you know that Lords of the Fallen flopped?

Lords of the Fallen 2 is confirmed in development

The Surge had decent combat but everything else about it was hot garbage

I love these guys.

You're overestimating their budget and their moneydudes' expectations. This is not like the big Jap companies or EA.
There's no big name voice actors, no licensed music, no IP they're paying for. No one saying "gotta sell 3 million copies, no, make that 5 million".
They can keep doing these mediocre, uninspired games and still turn a profit forever and ever, because just the right amount of suckers will buy a "soulslike".

Still better than a lot of the shit Sup Forums praises.

Ill honest buy it

>generic
You don't know what the word means, shut up.

I asked for it. It's a fresh Souls game that actually does some thing very good unlike Souls. Augments, for example.

Although I believe there is no game with shittier augments than the two boring ring slots in Souls.

Bloodborne fixed that system, the runes give a lot of room to flesh out playstyles and can be applied to both your character and their weapons.

Another piece of shit I'm so excited.

Why? Was the story of generic dude in forever coveralls not done

>+% damage
>+% counter damage
>+% element damage
>+% damage vs. beasts/aberrations
>+max blood vials
>+max bullets
>+stamina regen
I don't remember them all but I found them just as dull as rings, more so when you take into account some of the cooler rings and DS2-3 letting you have 4 of them.

AA game, AA budget.

Also I asked for this.

hope for them that they take notes of ni oh in terms of movement and overall combat speed/feel. The sci fi setting is cool but could have been way more diverse, still, some of the more claustrophobic levels were p great.

I didn’t play the DLC, any story points I’m missing or is it just there to be there

This was definitely an improvement over Lord of the Fallen

And the story was interesting, I wonder where this will go given the first games ending implies you launched the fucking rocket

I don't know if another game with good combat/movement feel will help them improve that, but we can hope.

The rigs looked ugly

You have to launch it either way, right?

>I asked for it. It's a fresh Souls game
maybe for like an hour, after that it's really boring with no enemy, weapon, or armor variety.

I think they're meant to be.

That's pretty dumb, why would I want to play a game where I always look ugly

So are they gonna do mechanized melee combat right this time or are you still just gonna be some fag strapped into the exo-suit from alien?

It was boring but really did its job serving as a tool of comparison.

People seem to have trouble describing what dark souls does right and thanks to crappy knockoffs, we can see it more clearly.

because you're already are in real life, so you should be used to by now.