I missed the last rts thread, can we have another?

i missed the last rts thread, can we have another?

>that ui

>be me
>SCV
>on some bullshit desert planet for some reason
>me and 5 coworkers are told to mine these dumbass blue rocks
>whatever, idgaf
>on my way back to command center from mineral field
>protoss probe floats his little ass into base
>isnooneelseseeingthis.jpg
>commander doesn't give a shit, tells us to build a barracks or some shit
>2minuteslater.pdf
>fuckin chaos
>photon cannons everywhere
>cousin Lester got his ass ripped apart
>command center on fire
>dead friends everywhere
>commander starts screaming into the distance about cheese
>time freezes
>commander disappears
>mfw

There's another RTS thread. Did you even search for it, you garbageman?

it's his dime

>mfw this is the third time in an hour

It depends, what have you done for your prophet lately?

destructive forces. get it. now.

casual as fuck but also fun as fuck

>tfw 16 bombs come out of the b1 bomber
love that thing as well as the cluster bombing run.

>drool.
i downloaded the mod but haven't got round to installing the deluxe edition of generals with its 8 discs

Reposting from other thread to (hopefully) prevent autism repeating itself.

First off, the majority of Sup Forums is... 'casual', to say the least. I have come to the conclusion that most of players that populates RTS threads play in a more slow, casual, sim city, 'cinematic', roleplay kind of strategy games.
And, contrary to the small population of actual 'good' RTS players here on Sup Forums says, playing casually is not a sin, is completely okay to be like that. I came to the conclusion that different people got different abilities and skills:

Most of people are casual at FPS games, but only a small population of these communities are hardcore pros (or 'autists' as most of Sup Forums anons like to call them), such in Counter Strike games, Team Fortress 2, and many other FPS game I can't recall right now.
Most of people are casual at RTS games, but only a small population of these communities are hardcore RTS veterans, such AoE2, Starcraft, Warcrfaft, Command and Conquer, Supreme Commander, etc.
Most of people are casual at RPG games, but only a small population of these communities are dedicated, commited players, such Dark Souls series, Bloodborne, Demon Souls and many others I also cant ass myself to remenber
Most of people are casual at Sport games, but only a small population of these communities are experiencied and knowing on how to play a sport match or handle a team as coach, FIFA, PES, most of American football games. I'm also leaving many other sport games behind, racing, basketball, tenis, etc.

My point is, a huge variety of players with different skills are suited for different for games and strategies. You can't expect a more casual player to play and appreciate the more hardcore Starcraft gameplay most pros play; nor these Starcraft pros can handle more macromanaging games out there, like I suppose, Supreme Commander is.
Because these are different populations with different skillsets, and being casual or pro is totally fine, it's not a sin to play a certain way, differing from other players.
The problem here is that in this kind of threads, where old school players and newcomes congregates in the same place and board, it is bound for conflict to happen.

The Pro will shun and ridiculize the casual for not being as experiencied, nor dedicated, nor mentally nimble as he is.
The casual will make fun of the Pro for dedicating too much time and energy to a single game, taking it as too extreme, too 'autistic'.
This is a vicious cycle that keeps repeating itself ad infinitum.

While is true I'm being too naive for thinking conflict won't happen between these communities, specially in Sup Forums, SPECIALLY on Sup Forums, people have to realize and accept that there are different players in every game on every person.
The Pro has to drop it's ego and elitist attitude and accept there many people out there that can't keep up with the speed and game, nor really desire to.
The casual has to respect the Pro for it's long time experiencie and carreer mastering the game, and accepting the Pro has the last word, for being old veteran they are, if a little full of ego themselves.

I do not expect this to suddenly become all 'peace and love', but I think this had to be said, because at times these kind of threads becomes in an uneding belittling of the other players whereas there could be a legit discussion.

/autism

Thank you for your input

bumping for best game ever made

What is Sup Forums's opinion on pic related?
Personally I think it's a great adaptation of the DK-genre, just wish there was a more dedicated tank-minion/healer-minion as the "hitbox" allows most units to just scoot past whatever enemy is nearby.

>absolutely annihilates the enemy team
nothing personal

>can we have another?

>Aurora in flight
>*ptchew
>*sound of a small car crashing into a metal barrier

does this hold up?

TWINBLADE INSPECTION COMPLETE

>hating on generals
gtfo

>100 mmr from Masters in SC2
>3 months later
>120 mmr from Masters in SC2

are these the most innovative memes EA ever made?

>WE WILL NOT BE OPPRESSED
>gets ran over

this game was only good for cute girls

The hell are you on about, it was always like that and it will always be, back when multiplayer fps started getting big there was no peace and love nor any kind of handholding, you were either shit or not, and thats it, whether you choose to improve because you wanted to be as good as the rest or you stayed shit was entirely your choice, good players always shitted on the rest and that is what used to drive people to improve, just to someday be able to shit on them

The reason why games are shit these days is because people lost the will to improve and became too sensitive and started relying on instant gratification that in the end is worthless because its just like a drug and its gone the moment the rush ends, instead of getting the gratification that comes along with improving yourself

I'm still not over her, I play skirmishes by her side frequently

Im a footfag because of this game

patrician taste

QT