GOD OF WAR HAS OPTIONAL BOSS FIGHTS: GOD OF OH NO NO

Guess Devil May Cry V will save this genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/god-of-war-boss-fights-optional/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No way...

>game is about slaying gods
>but not really
the absolute state of soyism.

What's your issue with this

gamerant.com/god-of-war-boss-fights-optional/
source here

WHY ?

only thing wrong with this game so far is that they stuck kratos in new game like hes mario

fake news

Might as well call it God of Soy

>implying square square triangle is character action

Optional boss fights as in some bosses can be skipped or passed in some way. Read the fucking article dumbass.

more like soy of soy amirite ?

>Guess Devil May Cry V will save this genre.
What genre, cinematic walking simulators?

>Following a soybait link to soyjournalism

No fucking thanks. God of War should not feaure this dumb shit, its about the challenge

>will save this genre.
new gow doesn't even seem to belong there anyway

More like soy soy soy

there goes sony innovating and setting the example every game will have to follow again

I heard the article was clickbait and that,in actuality, only SOME bosses will be optional. Still, that's very worrying considering the direction the game normally took in the past, and the new direction they apparently want to go. GOW wasn't really about sandboxing or backtracking to old levels. It had the flavor of a beatemup that takes you to new locales all the time, but with a hack and slash twist. With this news, however, I worry that they'll be casualizing it even more, turning it into one of Sony's patented cinematic movie theatre experience extravaganzas (tm). This is especially a death blow considering the mediocre gameplay we've seen so far.I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Celeste and just had the gameplay be optional too.

DMC is Capcom retard

Bloodborne had optional bosses and no one had an issue with that. I don't see why having a few optional bosses would mean the end of the world.

clickbait article

>tfw GoW will BTFO Sup Forums like SOTC and MHW

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

WHERE IS MY WIFE'S SON?

>optional bosses are bad when sony does it

seriously of all the things to complain about this is just fucking low

Ps4 really is just the Bloodborne console now.

God of war was always shit. I played the original on release and even then thought the qte combat was garbage.

>There are illiterate retards who will believe this click bait article
Journalist, "Will there be optional boss fights?"
Developer, "Yes."
Journalist goes on to make clickbait article with false info.

This desu. Sony does almost nothing wrong

If it's clickbait and there are a couple optional bonus bosses, great, no problem with that.
If it's real and ALL bosses are optional, just kill Sony right now famalam.

>Devil May Cry V
OH NO NO

> a game series known for being a casual button mashfest riddled with QTE's is not already casual shit
HAHAHAHAHA

why do gaming """"journalists"""" want to destroy video games so badly?

are they ashamed that all they did with their sociology degree was wind up reviewing virtual toys for children?

just go back, people will think youre clever and you can get your points

Except I just listed another game, Celeste, where this was also a problem. They wanted to make the game feel less videogamey and more like an artsy fartsy movie. And seriously, do you trust sony to not screw this up after their constant blunders?

God of Soy

God of "War"

That's what I'm saying. IT was already accessible, but apparently they felt the need to gut it even further for the starbucks drinking hipsters. That's kind of a worrying sign user.

>Game series about slaying badass bosses
>Boss fights are now optional.

This is literally almost as stupid as if the new Miyazaki notSouls game did this.

Its clickbait. All the dev said was "yes" without further explaining it and the journalist went on to make it sound like you could auto skip boss fights.

My wife's son of soy

Considering you feel Celeste is a relevant game, I can only conclude that you own a PC or a Switch. Because anyone else would be playing monster hunter instead of that indieshit.

>do I fit in yet gaise go back eck de le redit

>While some God of War fans might be quick to express ire over the fact that the game will offer optional boss battles, it’s important to discern exactly what was said within the interview between Barlog and Game Informer. To be specific, Ben Hanson asked, “Are there optional bosses in the game?” Barlog succinctly replied, “Yes,” and the subject was not explored any further. With this being the case, it doesn’t necessarily mean that all boss fights are optional, but it does at least confirm there will be some battles with big baddies that can be avoided.
So shitty journalism 101 combined with Sup Forums's kneejerk reactions equals a shitstorm again

>Monsoy Hunter World

No thank you.

Imagine being this stupid

more like soy

There shouldn't really be optional bosses to begin with.
The series was always pretty linear with setpiece encounters. Adding optional bosses means more open world meme, or even worse, "player decisions"
What, will the player decide if Kratos will kill an asshole god or just talk it off?

Celeste is literally the soyboy game of the year though

>character action
How fucking stupid are you people?

jesus christ Sup Forums falls for clickbait so fucking easily

Except Dark Souls have always had optional bosses. Which is what this clickbait article is about, not all bosses being optional.

>A game having optional bosses is now a bad thing

Its not open world there's just branching side areas with optional shit. All the sudden Sup Forums cares so much about GoW like this hasn't been the most shitposted game series since the PS2 games.

Looks like you won't be doing much playing on the Playstation

It's probably something akin to meeting a peaceful monster and getting the option of just walking past it or hitting it to initiate boss fight.

>god of walking
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

optional bosses =/= bosses are optional

>This is the best nintendofags can muster after cardboardgate

Really? That's all you do? A clickbait article about a game having optional boss fights?

Can we stop it with this retarded OH NO NO NO shit? It's like a 10 year old meme that only new fags would be proud to use.

What if it means optional in that you get to choose whether or not you want to fight and kill the (presumably) gods that you stumble into? The latest trailer did paint Kratos more wary about killing gods, and making it an actual choice for the player would be great, to be honest. Especially if it would also affect the outcome in the story.

the soy is real

>walking in a video game

Imagine being such a faggot that you actually WANT to skip what should be the best and most exhilarating sections of the game

Except there's nothing to indicate that "boss fights are optional" other than the headline of a shitty clickbait article.

All that's been confirmed is optional bosses.

Or could mean that there's a secret boss like Bayo does?

I don't understand what's wrong with everyone in this thread holy shit

I agree with you, but the author of the article apparently doesn't. Because it's the former which is the actual case for GoW.

Serious question, has there ever been a game made by a western developer with good boss fights?

Walking simulator confirmed.
Why do so(n)yboys love the cinematic walking experiences so much? So much that gameplay and boss fights only get in the way of walking and talking for them, that they have to remove or negate them?

I don't understand why an optional feature is cause for worry.

>expecting r/v/ to stop doing stupid shit

assuming this isn't bait, it's saying all of the bosses are optional

mr freeze in arkham city was a damn good boss fight

>The gameplay is entirely optional
Literally what the fuck

Except it doesn't if you read past the headline you fucking moron.

GOOOOODS, WHERE HAVE YOU TAKEN MY BOSS FIGHTS?!

Having to stop stop to play the game takes away from emotional experience of the story.

All of them? How do you even beat the game?

Heh... "soy"... HEH

The fucking irony. God you people are retarded.

>People can't even be arsed to skim the thread before they post.

you tell the game that you have completed it when you want, then it gives you your platinum throphy

Wasn't it about optional bosses being able to be optionally spared?

>Ally with Jormungandr and kill all the gods
>Spare all the gods and defeat Jormungandr with them

Which is it, Sup Forums?

Yeah, but Nintenbros will do anything to try to put carboardgate behind them, even if it means citing a misleading clickbait article that borders on misinformation.

What's the fucking news?

This isn't a game featuring Kratos. This is about his son.

His son won't handle things like his father , and it seems they want to give the son a morality option to spare bosses

This game isn't about Kratos, so it's a non issue.

This. Killing or sparing gods is going to be a major element in the story and will give the player some agency in how it pans out.

Labo announcement was some of the best shit in years.

It's a shame it killed /po/.

Yeah all the starbucks drinking hipsters and effete indie gamers that play god of war. This decision doesn't make any sense at all.

This place really does read like reddit.
>"witty" replies for upvotes (you's)
>same memes spammed over and over
>all jokes are derivative
>bait out the ass for upvotes

>I can only conclude that you own a PC
Who doesn't?

>son wants you to spare some fluffy beast
>be a good role model, say yes
>be kratos, kill it (in a horrible way)

what's bad about this again? nothing

Also any sarcasm is taken seriously and every post is to be taken seriously.

Devs was asking for it then. What the fuck did they expect would be the response to a short dismissive answer?

Not spoiling the game? The question was "Does the game have optional bosses?" and the answer was "yes." what more do you want? Hell I doubt you even own a PS4

>Wow guys isn't it great that the dungeons in BoTW are optional? You can go straight to calamity ganon, such player freedom!
>God of War has optional bosses
>WTF guys, literal soy game!

There's no doubt that I probably don't own a PS4. The real question is do I even like videogames? Is this board even really about videogames anymore for that matter.

>Devs was asking for it then
oh my god, go fuck yourself.
You are praising clickbait journalism just because it's anti-Sony.

literally nothing wrong with this, all of the responses will be "soy"