Hmm, this Persona game looks kinda cool. Maybe I will give it a t-

>Hmm, this Persona game looks kinda cool. Maybe I will give it a t-

So how much of it is actually filler/grinding shit?

You don't have to grind at all unless you fuck something up, and I wouldn't really call any of the content filler, except maybe mementos, which is maybe like 5 hours at max.

buying weapons doesn't really matter much if you are familiar with the weakness system, they only affect normal attacks
i grinded the shit out of the first dungeons to buy every cool item asap
made my own calendar to do every confidant and request in my first run without looking at guides
beated the game at around 120hrs
only missed the higher lvl demons

I beat it in like 70 hours, only casuals post on there.

>Persona
>grinding

You don't have to grind for shit unless you wanna breeze through the story without worrying about possible hangups.

There is no grinding except if you're really bad at the game and have to compensate for your badness.

you have to go through this semi-randomized dungeon to finish confidants and main story stuff, but you really should only visit it when you have over five quests saved up which will usually be about once every month or two. Other then that, I finished every palace in the minimum amount of trips required with relative easy. You just have to no be afraid to use your items appropriately.

there is grinding if you are going to buy magic juice and use fortune a lot

More than half of the game is filler.

It's based on anime, so it's full of predictable cliches, a predictable story, nonstop exposition, and characters that have existed hundreds of times over and over.

Enjoy the game reminding you of something that happened literally the cutscene beforehand via text message, enjoy the characters verbally bringing up things you already knew 30 hours ago once every 5 mins, enjoy having literally 10IQ.

I beat it, but I played through most of it on DUDE WEED. Only way to not get annoyed with the constant dumb anime shit.

Ignore this faggot, it is impossible to be bad at jRPGs. It's literally numbers and rock paper scissors, if you put in enough time you will beat the entire game mashing attack because of your numbers.

Skip it, OP. Or try Persona 3 & 4 first.

The main thing that takes time is reading. There's a LOT of conversations and they go on fucking forever. Also there's around a hundred NPCs standing around all over the map that periodically change their soundbites so if you want to regularly check what's up with them it's going to take forever.

As long as you’re not playing on the hardest difficulty you should be able to clear the palaces in 1 day. Just keep fusing the demons you get and prioritize anything that can give you sp.

>Ignore this faggot, it is impossible to be bad at jRPGs.
That's what someone who's bad at JRPGs would say.

>It's literally numbers and rock paper scissors, if you put in enough time you will beat the entire game mashing attack because of your numbers
>put in enough time

That would be the "compensating for your badness" discussed. Good players don't need to put in any time, they only do the story fights and crush everything on the first try.

>it's impossible to be bad at JRPGs
Have you watched other people play video games? Attacking at improper times, healing/buffing at the wrong time, not knowing when to converse SP. I don't even like turn-based games but I can understand that they can have depth to them.

>That's what someone who's bad at JRPGs would say.

Ugh, shut the fuck up. I beat the game easily and fast, you don't know anything about me. These are the easiest games I've played in my entire life.

Going through the controls in any FPS takes more skill than beating any RPG. I don't even need to bring up fighting games and how much more depth they have.

There is no difference between a "good" and a "bad" RPG player. Go play an actual game.

The game is turn based combat which will eat up about a thrid of the game. The rest is basically slice of life story stuff with minor participation other than going to another spot to continue dialogue and story. It's more or less a visual novel with location input from you. It's pretty fun though. If you have any interest in 3 or 4, play them first as 5 is king of gameplay and is much more interesting to play than the others imo

t never played Resonance of fate

Keep convincing yourself you're doing something other than raising numbers.

I'd say a good 30 hours is the end of battle screen

there's straight up rpgs that don't care for numbers or will soft/hard cap your lvling with exponential increases
other will even punish you for lvling too much

some people like optimizing numbers, some don't, that's still part of the game and there's skill required for that

i'm sorry about your muh fighting game mentality

Lots of boring filler and the story really drags on, extremely disappointing game

No grinding at all, however since the game runs on a calendar system you'll be seeing the same exact scenes and text boxes constantly. Really kills the pacing

RPGs are supposed to be long.