youtube.com/watch?v=1zKifMjOeH8
streamable.com/0pkng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't believe Mahvel is fucking dead.

I kind of expected Melee and DBFZ to begin with, but

>Marvel got chucked by an unreleased game

LOOOOOLL

>Fox Pepe
Describes the melee community pretty accurately desu.

OHNONONONNO

Gee, how come EVO lets you have TWO Smash games?

Smash is the perfect sweet spot for accessible but at the same time incredibly complex game. Everyone loves watching and playing those games.

>everyone loves watching smash
Uhh they did a god job of making the drama between the top players entertaining. The game itself.....................

youtube.com/watch?v=1zKifMjOeH8

>Uhh they did a god job of making the drama between the top players entertaining.
What is this, wrestling?

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I only play fighting games once in a while and never follow tournaments. Why didn't they just fall back to MvC3 for these tournaments instead of completely cutting out the franchise? Wouldn't it still be a pretty big deal?

If Capcom made MvCI almost exactly like UMvC3 but with different characters, would it have been more successful?

WHY DIDN'T MAXIMILLION DOOD SAVE MVCI?

It's weird how MvCi isn't at EVO. I'm not a huge fan of the game but it just makes no sense. It's not any worse than the other games in terms of gameplay and Mahvel has always been more entertaining than the other games aside from Smash.

Just gonna ask here. What are some good fighting-focused Youtube channels that are similar to Core-A Gaming?

It's not in because it isn't as popular as DBFZ and Mr Wiz got pissy with Capcom going behind his back with the whole promoting MvC:I as eSports through EVO.

too busy playing monster hunter lol

this was pretty funny lmao

>Injustice
Isn't that game dead?

No, but MvCI sure is infinitely.

Not as dead as MvCI

>Anyone that genuinely believes marvel won't be at evo is just retarded.

Not far from it.

bruh.... look at this dude...

>it just makes no sense

Actually, it does.

Look at the player count of the highly acclaimed game on Steam compared to the niche fighters Blazblue and Guilty Gear right now (and likely PS4 and XBone as well since it recently had a sale where you could get the game plus Season Pass for $45).

Look at how many people are streaming/watching the game on Twitch right now compared to other niche fighters.

Look at how much more effort is going into most of the games in the line-up (bar the Smash Bros games) comapred to MvC:I.

LOOK AT HOW HORRIBLY IT WAS RECEIVED IN GENERAL DUE TO THE HORRIBLE PRESENTATION OF THE GAME!!

If you can't see why it wasn't chosen, I'm at a loss for words.

I mean they should both be crying together. Maybe replace Supes with Jun.

It will be when MK11 comes out and NRS players migrate

Supes deserves to smile sometimes.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did BB make it back in? For me it got stale by CP.

Wait till you see the...

Cross Tag is in

Cross Tag Battle did. A literal 2 button fighter that isn't even out yet, has had no beta, has had no real loketesting got in over MvC:I

Just drop it. MvCI is "Yeah that happened" at best.
It's not a clusterfuck like Lawbreakers. It would've been forgotten if it wasn't brought up especially in DBFZ threads all the time.
It's like a hugbox of "hahah infinite sucks, right?" Just drop it.
It was dead on arrival

DBFZ is the new marvel honestly. Just grt used to it.

>played the beta
>thought it was alright
Was it really that bad? I understand that legacy characters being DLC is top tier shekel grabbing, but gameplay was decent to me. What did they do to be so fucking shit.

>marvel doesn't include muties and flops
>injustice 2 adds FOUR (4) mutants and wins

It's on them for fucking it up with mobile-tier graphics, bad animations that don't even move, a bored announcer, and just retarded hitboxes.

What a fucking shame.

Reminder that Capcom accidentally let their esports proposal for MvCI out to the public: streamable.com/0pkng
A very funny watch now that it's officially dead.

>decide to visit eventhubs to see if they talked about it
>see article over MVCI not showing up and explaining everything that happened during the stream as well as MVCI rough release and reception, and that Feb 19th would basically be the make or break for Infinite with the Capcom Pro Tour
>"okay at least the article isn't bias"
>scroll down to comments
>MARVEL ISNT DEAD
>THAT MAN IS A HACK. HE WAS PAID TO NOT INCLUDE IT
>IT HAS A BIGGER PLAYER COUNT THAN *insert other fightan game*
>THE GAME PLAY IS FUCKING AMAZING
>LOL I DONT EVEN PLAY MARVEL AND I THINK THIS IS BULLSHIT LOL

Look at the top of his head!

I agree with you.

It carries very much alot of the same mechanics while also having a much better presentation.

If it gets many more entrants than SFV, I'd actually be surprised if Wiz doesn't put it as the final game on Sunday (unless they get another TV spot in which case I can't see them not doing SFV over DBFZ).

>yfw my zero/dante/soul will not make its debut

Based on SonicFox literally dominating that game, I bet he is salty he won't get a EVO trophy either.

>It's not a clusterfuck like Lawbreakers.
The game functions, but its still a hot mess. The memes that spawned from the horrible in-game models, the voice acting, the story, the music. All of it was bland at best, unbelievable at most. I mean imagine being a Capcom spokesman and literally implying that no one remembers the x-men and that "characters are just vessels."

I thought the general consensus is that Melee fucking sucks balls now because it's the same top 8 every fucking time

OH NO NO NO NO

>that smug Fox
kekkekekek. i honestly didnt even want Melee at EVO because i feel like it really doesnt belong, we have our own community and we dont really need to take up spots with the FGC. but the eternal butthurt that Melee causes with its continued presence at EVO is just too good man.

Meleefags don't like change.

You now remember that Street Fighter x Tekken was able to appear at not only ONE (1) EVO but TWO (2) EVOs

>extremely poor visuals
>horrible sound effects that don't leave any impact
>UI is also ugly
>voice actor quality is all over the place
>soundtrack is 90% bad
>the mostly rehashed roster as you suggested
>some of the DLC picks aren't very imaginative (Winter Soldier and Black Widow are boring and obvious picks and their moves aren't very flashy either)

The game only really has its gameplay going for that and even that is plagued with the infinity stones idea not working out like they wanted it to and everyone just choosing cookie cutter box gemstone to setup for easier combos.

Decent gameplay can't save the rest of its shortcomings and there's ALOT of them.

Plup won Genesis though, which is the first time since 2014-15 that a new guy finally broke the ceiling and won a supermajor. so Melee is pretty fresh right now

I'm not saying it wasn't a fuckup but it's a fuckup that doesn't really deserve attention.
It's not even fun to make fun about it.

I for one find it very fun.
Fuck Capcom.

>beta
>the story mode demo

Wasn't Leffen a fucking beast around 2016 or something?

yeah but he got his first supermajor in 2015 im pretty sure. so plup is the first guy since him to get his first.

>game gets insulted as "party game"
>also complain that top level results are too consistent even though consistency is a sign that the game properly rewards the better/more skilled player

Really makes you think. Parityfags literally want the game to be more random for "hype upsets" instead of wanting a game that rewards consistent performances.

Also Marvel side had more characters than Capcom side, they broke the balance of 50/50.

>Injustice 2
>dead
nice try capcbro

>Not adding Diddy

Does anyone have the MvCI Evo video that got leaked?

got you senpai
streamable.com/0pkng

Not that guy but don't you get tired of seeing Fox vs Peach or Fox vs Falco? or Puff vs Fox?

There's a reason we don't see SFII Turbo on main stage at EVO and it's because it's good to see some new matchups and not the same strategies and techniques used for the last decade.

It's okay, the finals this time will be Samus vs Fox

>Beaten out by NRS, an unreleased game, and two smash games
J U S T

>Puff vs Fox
yes i got tired of seeing that within a minute of the first Puff vs Fox match i ever watched. Armada's peach is always fun to watch for me but the other peaches are boring. However i could legit watch good Fox vs Falco and Fox vs Fox until the day i die. its the same matchup but it continues to see new strategies and techniques as if its a new matchup each time

>That forecast

PFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>but don't you get tired of seeing..
Actually, no. I've been following the scene for some 7-8 years and I'm not tired of seeing whatever MUs you see. There are a lot of foxes, yes. There are a lot of Falco, Sheik, Marth whatever. It's still fun to me.
I really don't care about what characters they're playing. It's the players that matter and the ones that are the best are insanely fun to watch, in my opinion.

To each his own I suppose.

If you really want to watch Akuma vs Sagat for the millionth time, be my guest.

Just providing my opinion on the matter of fact that an unpatched game leaves alot of characters to sit in competitive bench and never utilized.

Also, to prove the point of , see pic related.

Sounds like wrestling to me.

You mainly will come for the personalities (which the community does indeed have) but ignore the core problem that is only 5-7 out of a 29 or so strong roster actually coming out to show for the tournaments.

It's an amazing sight to see how the community has thrived only playing one game for so long because of their inability to move on, but keep on trucking if you feel so strongly about it.

I haven't seen any other old games have such a large presence for so long.

I don't get tired of the fun matchups in the game. I think most fastfaller vs. fastfaller or fastfaller vs. semi-floaty/true floaty matchups are fun. I love Mango vs. Leffen sets because Fox vs. Falco is a timeless, dynamic and most importantly fast-paced MU that constantly develops on both sides. Mango vs. Plup is great as well, high-level Sheik vs. Falco that isn't overly slow or defensive.

I do hate Puff matchups though but that's because I hate Puff in general.

yeah im not denying that Melee's balance is a problem. its by far the biggest problem. its literally impossible to win a major tournament with a character like bowser which is obviously a bad thing. im just willing to look past it because i think whats there is extremely entertaining.

This. What I like about Melee is there's lots of playstyle/combo variety because of things like DI. I never really had a sense of "oh I'm tired of X match-up because it's too frequent." that much.

>because of their inability to move on
It's not an inability. It's that every sequel has been disappointing. Smash 4 might have been better than Brawl, but it's still a pretty dull game in comparison.
There's nothing wrong with sticking to what you like if the alternatives doesn't suit you. I really wish more people would do it when it comes to fighting games. Just because something is new doesn't mean you have to support it.

You seem very passive aggressive

>at least my game has akuma bitch
fuck, the fact that this statement is actually true is so fucking telling of how much of a mess MvCI is

At least he's being honest about it

What games are you watching, Sup Forums?
>Melee
>GG
>Smash 4 top 8
>DBFZ top 8
>Maybe CBT if it looks good leading up to EVO

>DBZ fans THIS excited over beating a decrepit corpse
I don't understand
Was this some sort of accomplishment or are anime fans just this rabid?

Stinky days.

Melee, GG and FighterZ. Will check out cross tag battle as a former Blazblue player but i really have no interest for that game

fox mirrors are boring as fuck even if the players are really good unless theres some sort of rivalry going on. Fox falco is usually fun though

>Uhh
>.....................

I enjoy all kinds of fighting games (from air dashers to marvel (my favorite franchise ruined by corporate greed) to NRS games to KI to NEO GEO and other obscure company fighters, Smash Bros games and Capcom fighters.

If you stick to the same one product even after 2 sequels have released I don't think it'll encourage the developers to try to make more products down the line to cater to the audience that only wants their one way.

Learning to adapt to the new playstyles and rules is also part of the fun of learning new fighting games and not just getting rehashed gameplay mechanics.

Even Pokemon has been steadily evolving throughout the years despite many claiming it to be rehashes and people don't just play Pokemon Silver & Gold competitively only.

>because of their inability to move on,

Move on to what? Newer smash games? They don't play like Melee at all. Traditional fighting games? Well they're too far removed to really give you the same experience like Melee.

So why the fuck do Melee players need to move on? Move on to what exactly? Who cares when a game came out. If people still enjoy the intricate gameplay there is nothing wrong with sticking to it.

It's not an inability to move on, it's the inability of other people who don't get that you don't always have to play the newest game in the series if the older titles are superior.

>Wiz doesn't put it as the final game on Sunday
Won't happen. SF will always be the final game solely as tradition.

But I do see it replacing Melee as the 2nd final spot.

Not him but I have a similar opinion.

At this point I don't really watch Smash for the gameplay, but the personalities. Seeing someone beat HBox or Mango being BTFO or Leffen get karma'd is why I watch it. The actual matchups have already been solved long ago.

Serves Capcom right for treating two of their biggest fightan series like cheap shovelware.

And you don't always only have to play 1 game because "It's not Melee".

Unwillingness to learn something that strays from what your used to just feels like discouragement of trying new things in which my opinion leaves you a shallow person in the genre.

However I digress that that is my opinion and you're free to watch your Fox vs Fox and Falco vs Fox meta until the end of time if that's what you really like and only like and aren't interested at all at fighting games in general.

That was better than i expected