Game 1 is good

>Game 1 is good
>Game 1's sequel changes the concept completely, but its considered history-changer masterpiece
>You will never see something like Game 1 again

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/t/gaming/uUNi9
articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-03-31/entertainment/8903310356_1_game-cartridges-nintendo-mania-zelda-ii
washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1988/11/25/now-plays-the-thing/616dbc27-d77d-407e-a5a4-d610b6b581f4/?utm_term=.1fc481853140
eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-21-koji-igarashi-says-castlevania-sotn-was-inspired-by-zelda-not-metroid
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just play Hydlide

You gonna post an example? Because Zelda is basically the other way around. Zelda 2 was super different but due to the backlash they never touched anything like it again.

Zelda 2 didn't get a backlash until years later when Miyamoto called it the "black sheep" of the franchise.

Mass Effect

>You will never see something like Game 1 again

BotW is the closest we'll ever get to LoZ. Now before you retards start sperging at me, I know it's not exactly like LoZ, but that's fine because it's better anyway.

people never liked liked ZeldaII. They didnt have to pretend after 1993
>inb4 a story about you abuela going to 9000 toys r us to get a copy because it was sold out every where
it was always shit

Good. Zelda needed to shake up the formula anyways. BoTW’s sequel needs to work on dungeons though because god damn, they were awful.

Don't you mean KOTOR?
Ya know, since it followed the same pattern as that quest wise.

You can attempt to revise history as much as you want, but it was still a huge success and didn't really get the flak that it does nowadays until about the mid-90s.

nope. people would complain about the difficulty if they made another zelda 1-like game. but, internet, so it wouldn't matter

>Inspired Castlevania Symphony of the Night
>Inspired Tales of
>Got Koizumi into making games
It was loved plenty back then

Zelda 2 outsold Alttp

it was a success. But it was spoiled by it being bad. if by mid 90s you mean 1993 then yes. Zelda II was a shit game and we were lucky they released an actually good zelda within a few short years. Even in 1999 when I was posting on old Zelda forums no one liked ZeldaII.

Thats just proof of ZeldaII being so bad that people were turned off the franchise

Except it wasn't bad? Maybe you should try explaining WHY it was bad rather than spouting out false claims.

It being bad is the opinion that myself and many others have had for years. This is about you claiming Zelda II had no backlash until miyamoto made a comment in 2005 about it.

Resident Evil after 4

m.imgur.com/t/gaming/uUNi9

articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-03-31/entertainment/8903310356_1_game-cartridges-nintendo-mania-zelda-ii

>I recently visited or talked to employees of almost 20 toy stores in Chicago and the suburbs. The stores ranged from large discount houses like Venture in Elgin to small, privately run establishments like Klipper`s in Glenview. I asked each store if they had any games systems in, or if they carried two of the most popular cartridges, Super Mario Bros. II and Zelda II: The Adventures of Link.

>The results of my survey: Out of all the stores, there was exactly one Nintendo Entertainment System on the shelves, and this happened to be one that another customer had just returned for a refund. Not a single store carried either of the cartridges.

washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1988/11/25/now-plays-the-thing/616dbc27-d77d-407e-a5a4-d610b6b581f4/?utm_term=.1fc481853140
>Expecting system sales to stay constant (particularly with the introduction of the Power Set, which includes a Power Pad where the player’s body movements control the action), Nintendo is looking to rake it in with three hot new “must-have” games — Super Mario Bros. 2 (its predecessor has sold 4 million units and my son has pronounced it “bumpin’,” than which there is no higher compliment), Zelda II: Adventures of Link, and Double Dragon — though an electronic chip shortage may make them hard to find until after the first of the year. Still, with more than 100 games available for the Nintendo system, no one’s anticipating the kind of consumer hysteria sparked a few years back by Coleco’s Cabbage Patch Kids (as a point of comparison, Coleco did $600 million in 1985, its peak year).

How the fuck did it inspire sotn you imbecile

Are you trying to ignore the fact A Link to the Past is pretty much the true successor to Zelda games and that's why every game since it has been similar to that and not the Adventure of Link?

No, just saying that there wasn't really a "backlash" for Nintendo to react to in the first place.

>my abuela had to go to 9000 toys r us to even find a copy!

It literally did.
eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-21-koji-igarashi-says-castlevania-sotn-was-inspired-by-zelda-not-metroid

>I and a few friends didn't like thing
>therefore nobody did!

It was Iwata who called it the black sheep. And Zelda II was disliked many years before Miyamoto said anything. In fact, he mentioned that he was planning a return to Zelda 1 for "Zelda 3" before they started Zelda II. Ergo, Nintendo expected the game to be niche before they even began development.

>there was no backlash until an interview about Twilight Princess

Zelda 2 is just Dragon Quest 1 (a game that did poorly in the west) with sidescrooling combat, not a surprise they expected it to be niche

The Fable franchise

It says nothing about 2. In fact it talks about backtracking. Guess which Zelda had a lot of it.

Fuck, you're right. My bad.