Majula

Majula...

Dark souls 2 is shit

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

Dark Souls 2 is a terrible game.

... home.

Dark Souls 2 is good game. While Dark Souls 1 was simply cheap DeS ripoff, the first boss is literally the mook they pulled out from Lost Izalith because they were too lazy to make an original model and animations

Dark souls 2 is the best game in the series

Least it was till I fucked everythang up.

This but ironically.

>dark souls 2 is good

I don't know why but i always lose my shit when i read that. I love this new meme.

fpbp

This but unironically ironically unironically.

And the ground broke the game

I stopped playing ds3 and went back to ds2 for the multiplayer. It's got problems, but it's more fun than ds3.

I feel like the story in ds3 lacks the mystery and of ds2 and ds1. Ds3 feels like too much of a homage to ds1, they should have tried harder to give the game its own place in the series.

Having good taste is a meme now?

Dark Souls 2 is a 10/10 until you leave Majula.

good taste would be something like

das1 = bb = des > shit > das3 > das2

At least it was before I fucked everythang up.

guys did you know the music is spooky because the town is secretly spooky 2????

DEEPEST LORE

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Why is dual wielding so shit on ds3? I miss the days when you could go with a pike and an axe and have a different movesets for each. It felt so dynamic.

In ds3 spears take fucking forever to hit.

>DaS3 above 2
Lol

of course it is, 3 is bland, uninspired, linear trash but at least it doesn’t have a mechanically terrible foundation like 2 does

both are shit but 2 will always be worse

>Not mechanically terrible
>All straight swords are morbidly op
>no poise
>all swamp
ya ok

Bearer

Majula>dream>firelink>NU firelink>nexus

ADP and SM are still infinitely worse than the trash that is 1HR1 straight sword and roll spam

you put 10 points into ADP and can foget about it
your brain must work in strange ways if that is somehow worse than ds3 poise

I dont know what you mean by that. I also dont think ds3 is trash

FPBP

I agree, I had a character with 75 strength and 25 adp, and I was fine. Before that I had 15-17 adp and i was getting backstabbed all the time.

This linear argument really rustles my jimmies. All the games are linear. Just because you can rush one boss over another doesn’t make it special when the game has barriers in progression if certain things must be done before you reach end game. BoTW is not linear, with no unsermountable barrier to end game. DS on the other hand

>both can be fixed in game
>the only way to beat SS spam is to use them yourself
oh and
>all forms of magic are useless for both pvp and pve

/thread

>dude just put points in this stat necessary to use the primary means of mitigating damage in the game
>tying a stat to a time critical action that affects muscle memory with a slow, linear frame increase over the course of a play through with no visual indication isn’t bad design lmao

yeah, nah

go fuck yourself

I’m not going to sit here and defend a game as bad as DaS3, but it’s still not as terrible as 2. It just isn’t.

UH OH HERE COMES THE PATRICIAN RANKING!!!!!

DS1>DS3>DES>SOTFS>DS2>BB

I think the way the game is structured makes the player feel like he has less freedom, like there is less to explore. I agree all games are linear to a degree, but ds3 feels like there is less to do, less places to go,etc.

Ds3 has the best bosses thats what its all about

Dark Souls 1 has hardly and progression barriers outside of Lord Soul areas (except early new londo). Dark Souls 1 has a vastly interconnected world with multiple routes to just about anywhere for the first half of the game.

Dark Souls 3 is a linear line of one area connected to the next from start to finish. The only divergence from this is single dead end forks after every other area like archdragon, cathedral of the deep, smoldering, anor, etc.

No argument there, ds2 has awful bosses.

Man I had a really fucking vivid dream of a re-imagined Majula a few months ago. For some reason there was a wooden arc bridge between the Emerald Herald side and the rest of Majula. The bridge went over a deep crack in the earth that extended down to sea level. There were these enormous trees that would blow in the wind very sexily in a video game wind kind of way on the other side of the bridge. I walked past the right tree towards the cliff, and I could see The Lost Bastille and No Man's Wharf far, far in the distance. I remember thinking to myself "Whoa so that's how they're supposed to connect. And then for some reason there was a gigantic Iron Curtain tier wall separating The Lost Bastille from a snow white castle town. The sun was shining beautifully on the ocean, the town. Fuck I love that dream.

Comfy af

>you don't get to have your thread because of my superiority complex
Kill yourself.

>Kill yourself
Why? The game isn't going stop being shit when i do that. :^)

DS2 was complete shit but the DLC was 10/10

Even the frigid wastes you fucking plebs.

Haha NEVER EVER PCFATS AND NINTODDLERS!

The frigid wastes was really good. I think they missed out by not hiding some good weapons in the blizzard to give players incentive to be in it more. Otherwise, it's the type of area Miyazaki wouldn't try to do. It wasn't daring, but it was new. It was fresh. Goddamn I really want to see Tanimura take on another game.

hitboxes, level design, graphics, SM were all garbage.

POWERSTANCE, on the otherhand.... doh ho ho ho...

>but at least it doesn’t have a mechanically terrible foundation like 2 does

You're right it's fucking miles worse.

>BOTH fp and stamina drain when casting
>it wasn't bad enough that only the former refills naturally and the other ices spells you never used
>spells and miracles have the fucking nerve to deal garbage damage on top of this

Lliterally no roll cooldown so constant i-frames and roll chains
>Rolls don't increase stamina cost when spammed twice
>But large weapons still cost a ton of stamina because we fucking hate fun

>Enemies are relentless assmad R1 spammers that read inputs just for the game to be difficult
>It actually makes encounters feel like shit
>They could've just made enemies have more poise and chase more
>Maybe give them any semblance of stamina

That's not even all of it.

>Goddamn I really want to see Tanimura take on another game.

Same to be honest

>dude just put points in this stat necessary to use the primary means of mitigating damage in the game

The primary means of mitigating damage is a shield.

>tying a stat to a time critical action that affects muscle memory with a slow, linear frame increase over the course of a play through with no visual indication isn’t bad design lmao

Nobody is calling ADP a good mechanic. You are fucking stubborn though if you don't think it's easily worked around and forgotten about.

Soul Memory is what's truly indefensible here.