I prefer Mass Effect 1's combat

I prefer Mass Effect 1's combat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mi2NKZ37YE
youtube.com/watch?v=OrF2HI77K6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who doesn't? 2 and 3 have objectively worse combat, it just happens more often.

Six years and I'm still mad.

Adept is pretty fun. Unfortunately the gunplay and engineer skills are all pretty meh. Vanguard charge in 2 and 3 is quite fun, but mostly because it makes the game way more mobile which is more fun than sitting behind cover playing whack-a-mole.

I don't understand how people find Vanguard so fun when the shotgun feels like complete garbage in ME2

Charge+shot is usually enough for a kill on smaller enemies, and some of the machine pistols are pretty good.

Least controversial opinion I've ever seen. Congrats OP.

I love how stupidly fast the run was.

That's about it.

>OP

I've lost shields!

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
No, but seriously 1's combat was god awful.

>I prefer Mass Effect 1's combat.
So do I. Plus the no ammo makes it more fun.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!

Me too. I hated how they removed weapon cooldown in 2 and replaced it with tacticool reloads.

"You must die!"

It took roughly 100 hours to not hate the combat in ME1, and I'll probably hate it again when I move on to 2 again.

>No, but seriously 1's combat was god awful.
nice bait.

youtube.com/watch?v=9mi2NKZ37YE

>nice bait.
Nice bait.

>100 hours to not hate the combat in ME1
>I'll probably hate it again when I move on to 2 again.
Nah you will miss the combat in 1 once you hit 2 and realize ME2 is built on a phantom count down right from the first level. You will miss the ease and free choice of checking out planets and going at your own pace.

Dude plays like a faggot.

Me too

I really want Joel and/or Vinny from Vinesauce to play this already. The bugs in this game are fun as Hell.

I said combat dudebro. I still manage to get everything done in 2 anyways.

This this this
Fuck you bioware
Mass effect 3 was even worse, I'll never enjoy a game as much as I did mass effect 1

On Insanity, the Cultists are a real bitch to deal with, even with good crowd control.

thermal clips killed combat for me, especially after the first one made a big deal in the codex about how all guns have functionally unlimited ammunition

this

>I prefer Mass Effect 1's combat.
I also prefer the speech check in ME1. 9/10 on renegade you can just shoot people without cause.

how did you put 100 hours into a 15 hour game?

autism

I have shit taste and played it multiple times.My autism also won't let me skip to 2 or 3, so if I want to start over, I have to play the first one again.
On the up side, I've gotten pretty good at making a face in ME1.
This.

>I still manage to get everything done in 2 anyways.
Doesn't matter once you hit the Reaper IFF level. That's when the count down starts to get critical.
>On Insanity,
This is what I'm looking forward to the most. Leveling your Sheppard with elite gear. Then starting a new play through on insanity tearing shit apart.

>phantom count down

What do you mean?

mass effect 2 vanguard exists so your opinion is irrelevant

but default Shepard is already perfection

it doesn't work well since mass effect 2 put more emphasis on hiding behind cover while also adding ammo that forced you to leave cover pretty often

the lore implications are pretty annoying but they would be tollerable if they made for better gameplay, but they don't

>A Cerberus team is currently investigating it. The Reaper is orbiting the brown dwarf Mnemosyne in the Thorne system in the Hawking Eta cluster. Warning: A countdown begins once you complete this mission, with consequences for crew survival if Shepard delays too long in proceeding through the Omega 4 Relay. Depending on how many of the Normandy's crew that you want to survive the game, you may want to wait commencing this mission until all recruitment and loyalty missions, except for Legion's, are completed.

>Not knowing how to game the system.
Certain missions start certain countdowns. It's entirely possible to do every mission and still meet all the time requirements.
I can only do so many playthroughs with the same face.

They also removed manual crouching for no fucking reason

Complete the full game, do every mission, get every piece of armor, collect everything, get to level 60 with a second playthrough and kill everything and you'll hit well over 70+ hours of game play if you have the expansions with it.

Although, even after playing through Mass Effect 1 almost a dozen times, I've never hit over 100 hours in a single game. There's just not much else to do, he must've been REALLY soaked into the ME world. Can't say I blame him.

>Certain missions start certain countdowns>

This is what I'm doing. I'm doing 5 playthroughs of number 1. On my second so far.

You need to go through Insanity in both playthroughs and get to level 60 in the process. It's one Hell of a ride, especially with this game's difficulty spikes. Good luck!

I remember playing it and not really minding the ending at all. One of the biggest overreactions in gaming history. 1 and 2 are still better though.

Heh, enjoy the heap of Mass Effect related dreams that come with it. You're going to have a quasi-Avatar-like experience when you play that long.

You got brain damage? The countdown only starts when you finish the mission. Not only that, but the countdown only affects how many redshirts die.

You don't have to go through the relay right afterward if you still want to do more other stuff.

It was really good in concept but fell flat in execution. Stuff like immunity spam and biotics knocking someone half way across the planet but never killing for example. They could have tweaked it until it worked but instead they just scrapped the whole thing and ruined Mass Effect as a result.

>You need to go through Insanity in both playthroughs and get to level 60 in the process.
Nah basically to get X Gear you have to be lvl50 and have broken 1mil credits. And once you hit 50 you are lvl capped until you start a new playthrough with the same character for it to go over to lvl60. And to unlock Insanity you have to play Hardcore first. So I have my lvl50 paragon ready for Hardcore and my Renegade for Insanity. But yeah love the first game so much. Shit is so fun once you know what to do and when to do it with side missions and checking in at merchants from time to time.

You think you do but you dont

Just do almost everything else in the game before starting that mission, it's not that hard.

>Heh, enjoy the heap of Mass Effect related dreams
Plan too. Also got a gun and a bullet for ME2 and cyanide pill for ME3 if I get that far.

It will push you in that direction regardless.

Yes, I remember those times pn Sup Forums in 2007.

Now... I want to know. Do you guys still hate Mexicans and blacks?

How do we feel about Muslims? I remember Sup Forums 2005. I was in SF. Hell of a city.

Just save the mission for last, damn.

I just bought a PS4 Pro and I’m thinking about playing Andromeda again. Looking back, it wasn’t that bad just disappointing.

Im playing through mass effect 1 as a vanguard right now and i'm planning to change class once i import to mass effect 2 since i've already played it as a vanguard before. What class should i switch to? I was thinking adept

ME 1 locked out the Citadel near the end as well, is there something wrong with a game with exploration eventually nudging you toward finishing the game?

>trying to get Liara first on a very high difficulty
FUCK THAT KROGAN!

and every time you die you have to go through that fucking elevator cutscene

Heh, I like your attitude.

But it gave you a warning. Virmire is just optional all the way through. ME2 is was set on a countdown right from the beginning you knew it was coming. Right from the collectors invading that colony.

>yfw you realise noveria is basically manaan with snow

>Surrender...or don't. That would be more fun!
Except you can't hear it because the music's too damn loud

Why not use X gear and Shredder and Tungsten rounds?

During the first mission of your first playthrough?

The highest difficulty you can play on your first playthrough is Veteran (unless you fuck with the games files), which isn't that hard.

first playthrough as in not New Game+

Enemy is everywhere

Veteran is like one difficulty above normal, you can easily beat it with a fresh character.

Oh, yeah that's right, you need to unlock Insanity by beating Hardcore, I forgot because the last time I played on Hardcore, it was when the game released, my mistake.

Also, the lv.50 cap thing is not true, the level cap through the first game (assuming you do finishing blows outside of the Mako, because you get extra exp for non-Mako kills by simply weakening an enemy and finishing it off with a few shots on foot..) the level cap is at best, lv.58. The last time I played, I averaged around a level cap of 57.

Yeh. I always start new, even on insanity. I also play on PC and moded the achievement file to unlock all difficulties.

combat, music, dialogue, and environments were better in the first game.

fucking Alpha Protocol is closer to a sequel to Mass Effect than any of the other Mass Effect games are.

Sorry if I'm not understanding, is your problem that the game's plot feels more like it drives you toward the end than ME1's? I felt that way about ME3, but not so much 2.

>Level cap.
Yeah first playthrough at capped at lvl50. And when you start a new game with the same character it starts again but you start at lvl50 instead and go from there to 60.Also yeah pretty much take down turrets outside the mako it is actually more fun.

"We don't have time to deal this idiot! Charge!!"

"Heh, I like your attitude."

(That exchange always gives me little butterflies while I slaughter the poor bastard.)

Yeah ME2 as much as it is what it is. Felt had more urgency that ME1. And yeah I can imagine ME3 got to a point and everything when critical and had to put pressure on choices in a certain time. But ME1 has this general exploration that can be done at your own pace.

GO GO GO

I prefer ME3's pussy.

What is the most fun class in each game?

Mass Effect
>Adept

Mass Effect 2
>Vanguard

Mass Effect 3
>didn't play lol

Vanguard again in 3
although both 2 and 3 are terrible and an insult to the first game

looked better in ME2 (like everyone else)

I honestly don't remember the cap being fifty when you play ME1 the first time. I must've never hit Lv.50 the first time I played. I'm looking this up and I guess lv.60 unlocks after one complete game.

Seems this old Krogan is losing some of his marbles, my mistake.

faggot

>Solider.
I will do something different but for know for the harder playthroughs it is smarter to be a solider.

>The one that was there from the beginning. But could never be.

Unpopular opinion, but engineer's always been my favorite across the entire trilogy.

youtube.com/watch?v=OrF2HI77K6M

I seriously wanted my Femshep to eat her cunt. Chakwas was so fucking sexy.

Contrary to what that video claims, infiltrators and sentinels can apparently do this as well

>biggest overreactions in gaming history
not at all, the ending was extremely cheap, my biggest disappointment in gaming, even worse then g3 and that says something!

Only ever beat 1. Want to finish 2 and 3. Are there any point of no return spots in either? I like to max out shit before I tackle the end of games.

yes, but you'll be warned

This was horseshit

>Are there any point of no return spots in either?
>ME2.
>When you have to investigate a colony being attacked.
>When the collectors cruise ship comes up.
>When you get to the Reapper IFF mission.
Don't know about 3. But I will research that when i get round to it.

At that time ppl still had very high expectation for Bioware and (re)played ME1&2 for years. The hype for a great finale was huge.

I prefer Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30's squad combat. 3rd person pop up and shoot cover mechanics aren't nearly as satisfying as using coverfire/flank tactics.

What's great about ME2&3's combat is it's quicker and more streamlined so you can get to the exploration and RPG aspects of the game worth actually worth playing.

What fucking adventure and RPG aspects? Those were all removed in 2 and 3 because casual playtesters wanted Gears of Duty.

Reminder that ME2>ME1.