Would you play a Silent Hill remake?

Would you play a Silent Hill remake?

There's no need to remake it. Game's just as good today as it was back then unless you're a shitty graphicsfag

Are you the devfag from /agdg/ making a Silent Hill remake?

No

But considering that Activision is remastering Crash and possibly Spyro, Capcom remaking Resident Evil 2, i thought that a Silent Hill remake would be cool

totally. just imagine what they could do with the atmosphere these days. and the voice acting would be light years ahead.
anyway, later

A remake would ruin the atmosphere.

Controls are awkward really.

How.

Not the same guy but I can think of one reason current Konami

they really aren't. Unless all you've ever known of horror genre is from RE4 forward.

I'd only ever consider getting it, IF the original Team-Silent would work on it. I'm not giving money directly to Jewnami anymore.

how many lootboxes do you want in your survival horror?

maybe

If it was made by the current Silent Hill devs we all know it would be over the shoulder perspective that shits all over the original game and that would just be the start.

So fuck no.

this

They could make it actually scary this time.

no

Does this devfag have a blog or something?

Only if I get to eat nuggets while playing.

No. Silent Hill 1 is my favourite Silent Hill and potentially my favourite game of all time. You'd need Team Silent in their prime to make something as good as it was and add on to it, which can't be done today, given how Konami holds the rights and Team Silent is all split up. Even if they did 'reunite', I bet the brainchild behind SH1, Keiichiro Toyama, wouldn't make it, as he works for Studio Japan.

i mean, i'd play it but i don't think it'd live up to the original at all
the first four SH games were intense labours of love from team silent - the fact that the graphics in 3 still hold up to this day is a testament to their art direction as well as pushing the limits of the ps2's technology
modern konami just wouldn't give enough of a shit to let a team craft a game so finely

This
Plus the PS1 hardware limitations are really the reason this game is spooky

>that aspect raidou
>texture filtering

I want to make one, fuck relying on konami

there's already a crappy remake called "silent hill: shattered memories"
i'd just like a 5 dollar port on steam

Shattered Memories isn't crappy or a remake.

>Xe doesn't know

They are a little bit, but it's easy to get used to them. I played it once like over a decade ago and just recently finished playing it again, it's still good. I liked the puzzles and the riddles a lot, kind of wish more games would use stuff like that but I guess they don't want people getting stuck.

Spoken dialogue is a little slow and awkward at times but that's about my only real complaint.

I'm actually waiting for a remake
the original's controls are hideous and fighting feels like a chore

Only if it were FPP VR

I genuinely like these old 3d graphics that PS1 and N64 games had. I played Silent Hill for the first time last year so it's not nostalgiafaggotry either.