Why are terrorists so overpowered in this game?

why are terrorists so overpowered in this game?
>team-specific guns are much cheaper and arguably better than ct-specific guns
>ct's all but require dropping an extra chunk of cash for defuse/rescue kits
>molotovs cost $200 more for ct's because ?????
>most of the popular maps are T-sided
>defuse maps take far longer for ct's to rotate to a different site than it takes t's to rotate to a different hostage in rescue maps

how is csgo a competitive game when the balance is so off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3JaCcsmjYM8?t=4m39s
youtu.be/AAvB-t71lys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you switch sides at halftime you mong

Because one team is defensive and the other is offensive.
In the art of war the defense always has an edge over offense. Thus the offensive party must compensate the natural imbalance with either more firepower or more people, often both, represented in this game by the terrorist having slightly better weapons.

that doesnt excuse the lack of balance and just makes it a game of "how long can you hold out as ct"

If you got T side first half you go into the second half with an advantage and only have to win a few rounds

/Thread

But Ts defend in Hostage games.

>i'll take hostage rescue maps for 500, alex

>best automatic rifle in the game
>nobody uses

the autistic meta in this game is ridiculous

>use weaponfu aug
>WOOOOOOOOW NICE COD GUN FAGGOT

Nobody cares about hostage. Bomb is the only mode played competitively.

I use this all the time when I need to play my best, shit's the greatest. It's also nice to see the enemy pick it up and not know how to control the recoil.

>valve still hasn't fixed the drawing animation for the AUG
I fucking hate how long it takes before I can fire the AUG.

>That doesn't excuse the fact....

Yes it literally does.

Because the T's attack you dumb fuck.

Defending is easier so the attackers have stronger weapons. CS has been out for 19 years how can you not know this already?

Is it me or is the mp7 really good right now? I don't see many people using it

I use it all the time, the scope is fucking incredible.

>get overwatch case
>it's on office
>nothing happens

sighhhhh

>buy an auto
>everyone REEEEEEE's the fuck out

hate this game

>see enemy peanut head above wall
>shoot it with m4
>27 in 1

I either hit his head or the bullet went even higher than his head and i missed due to recoil. Don't insult me with 27.

fuck off retarded silver

it was always good

>StatTrakā„¢ Confirmed Kills: 12440
I don't even use the scope and still think it's easily the best rifle.

>people still use stat traks

what's the point, you can just hold down m1 in idle servers for 99999999 kills

it would have some meaning if it only counted MM kills, and even then it's pretty pointless

>make post in csgo community suggesting a new stattrak that only counts MM kills
>get scoffed at for having such a stupid idea

holy shit is the cs community autistic and dumb

The real question is : Why do the Ts only get the Glawk while the CTs can have the p2000 or USP?

because the community's autism prevents any new weapons from being introduced into the game

The difference between p2k and USP is so insignificant it really doesn't matter.

It's great, but it costs too much. On T side, $300 more and you have a Galil. For the same price you can get a Scout.

The UMP is also very good and $500 less.

You only need 2 kills with an UMP and it pays for itself. A MP7 needs 3. I'm not saying don't use it, but consider the other options.

Only shitters play MM

It's a beast, I'll take it over the cheap rifles any day.

Objectively better than the AK at all ranges except that small window where the enemy is too close to scope but too far to full auto reliably because of the recoil (maybe not so much a negative as simply having a higher skill floor than the AK at that range). The AUG is just too expensive though.

The T's have a money/equipment advantage, because the CT's have a positional advantage.
A round is lost if the T side doesn't plant the bomb; this is an innate disadvantage, and CT's have innate control of both bombsites.

T vs CT balance doesn't actually matter, since you get to play as both sides during a match.

You've got the right idea but you're asking the wrong questions.

>no mp-5

This desu

>but the UMP45 is a upgraded version of the mp5 :^)

>suggest to the community that they should add the mp5 to csog
>"shut up user, the devs should not waste time doing that and should focus on balancing"

FUCKING AUTISTIC COMMUNITY

That would rather be the UMP-9
But yeah I catch your drift

The CTs have two good pistols and the Ts have a nerf gun. It's clearly white privilege.

>it's totally balanced my good sir, the glock's burst fire makes up for its lack of damage

>take the time to stand still before shooting
>game still doesn't reward you

this is why i hate it so much

It was just a random faggot caster on a cs tournament that said it. I looked it up. The UMP45 is lighter and cheaper so it's not an upgrade. Gonna read up on UMP-9 now

It can be pretty gud when you go in on sight with your team.

>fast rate of fire
>more accurate than p2k, usp when moving/ firing fast
>20 rounds in mag

Look at the movement of the enemy. He's rubberbanding all over the place. He doesn't even do movement animations. This is lag.

Last time I played CT had the advantage in all competitive maps (aside from D2 which was almost a perfect 50/50), so much that going 3-10 as T on Nuke was considered perfectly acceptable. Valve might've changed it, but considering how pissy the CS community acts if anything at all is changed, I doubt it.

Let's go boys.

Also
>other player lags
>nobody is allowed to shoot him while the rest of the match plays out in real-time
Great game you've got here, Valvefriends!

It's actually the landing inaccuracy, because he jumped up the slope before the first shot.

The rest is residual inaccuracy and legitimately missed shots.
His timing is good for normal deagle recoil, but because he landed from a jump there's something like 4x more bullet spread with the deagle, which also would take 4x longer to fully reset.

I have 3k hours.

>I have 3k hours, therefor I'm better than the best player in the world

Actually, you might not be far from the truth since the skill ceiling is crushingly low in CSGO.

Tec-9 used to be so overpowered it got a nerf in every patch for weeks and it was still good

i was eagle before i quit playing properly and those shots should be getting paid

people stand still for less time than that all the time and get ridiculous jiggle peek 1deags and shit

lol u mad

They (sadly) reworked Nuke.

No bingo but I'll take it

lmao imagine being this mad over a video game

No thanks, I already have that square

This. Especially in a game where if you are moving your accuracy is shit until you stop moving.

Even with counter strafing to cancel your current speed, a slight time advantage goes to the guy who doesn't have to take the .3 seconds to cancel his speed.

the CTs have plenty to work with

smokes, mollies, flashes

hell, if you're a few rounds up and buy a dak dak it's a wrap

inb4 daks are easy to counter, we're talking about MM here aren't we

u mad

peakers advantage bro

But actually with lag compensation the peeker has an advantage equal to the victim's ping value.

idk, just look at a weapon inaccuracy spreadsheet. Unsure if this has been changed since, but if you jump with the deagle, it has one of the highest landing inaccuracy values in the game.

I never said he was bad. His aim is on point but he's not thinking about inaccuracy since its just a casual dm.
If the other crosshair version was enabled, you'd see it covering a pretty large portion of the screen for most of these shots.

The UMP-9 is the UMP45 chambered in 9*19mm and thus tried to replace the MP5 but it failed mostly because of the different breech made buyers suspicious.

I prefer the mp9/mac10

the mp7 is great but it's $400 more than I want an smg to be

At 60 ping, its 0.06 seconds.

Its fucking nothing compared to counter strafe times and human reaction times.

I barely played CSGO and I remember how fucked the deagle was when you jumped.

You'd have to wait for like 2 FULL SECONDS for the crosshair/recoil to center itself. If you shot during this I'm pretty sure it took even longer to reset.

All the actual analysis done confirms the defenders has the advantage of extreme ping disadvantages.

Its generally pre-fire that overrides this because of human reaction time being so slow.

*barring extreme ping disadvantages.

youtu.be/3JaCcsmjYM8?t=4m39s
you're just wrong

>Industry-leading video game networking engineers are wrong according to some guy with no programming knowledge

Yeah, that makes sense LMAO

They really should switch you every quarter or every round. If you luck out and your team ends up on their preferred side, or conversely the opponent does, making a comeback is extraordinarily difficult against 10 rounds and demoralizing too. At least with per round swapping, or per quarter swapping you can make it look like it's possible to turn around.

>making a comeback is extraordinarily difficult against 10 rounds and demoralizing too
It's pretty easy against Team Liquid youtu.be/AAvB-t71lys

And any decent player has a reaction time of 0.20 seconds. Now add their lag comp penalty in this scenario (60ms or 0.06 seconds) and suddenly an average player (think silver shitters, average 0.28 seconds) have a real chance to fire first, all because of lag compensation.

Not when a half is 15 rounds and opponents spawned with and exploited their advantage, worst case scenario they have to win 1 round, best maybe they have to win 6 and you have to win 11.

this

Does Aug kills in one shot to the head at any distance? No, the AK is the best weapon in the game.

People still play counter strike?

>Stuff that was fixed 4 years ago.

Mostly normies and chads

This video literally says what said, dipshit. Do you even understand topics before you post about them?

They removed RNG spread from CSGO?

Sure, but this is attacker vs defender. The defender has the advantage of both angles and the attacker needing time to become accurate.

Both of these combined heavily override pretty average ping amounts.

Hence when you play csgo if you walk in against people who can shoot at decent levels, you will die.

Thats why flashes and smokes for pushing into CT defended territory is so important, and using number advantages as a T.

The video talks concludes that defenders advantage of angles and time required to become accurate overrides ping advantage.

The SG is more accurate from a longer range and kills in one headshot as well.
Not sure why more players don't use it. Is it just tradition?

There's all sorts of lag on top of that though, peripheral lag, display latency, frametime, then client and network lag, then person, and then it loops. The composite can put people way above their rated network latency. For example somebody playing on a TV with wireless peripherals could have an added 30ms delay to their output timing since the TV adds 20ms and their peripherals add 10ms.

Couple reasons. 300 dollars is enough to buy a smoke grenade or a flash. That grenade is worth more than upgrading to an SG, since the AK is pretty fucking good already.

Second is most people spend a fuck ton of time learning AK first. Better to put all your muscle memory into learning AK spray pattern, as most guns you'll pick up from a T is another AK.

Third is that the scope benefits a defender WAY the fuck more than an attacker.
Scopes are better at holding angles than they are useful for bum rushing into a sight.

Its a good gun and I like it, but there are decent reasons to never bother.

There was an issue with the head hitbox at certain angles.

if you werent so bad youd know that the game is ct sided

cts have every advantage, if the map is shit like old nuke and old inferno youd have 15-0 games as a common thing and then enjoy losing your rng pistol round to end it easy 16-0

at LAN play the game has defenders advantage (opposite of peekers advantage) because no matter what the person peeking needs half a second to slow down to 0 velocity and take his aimed shot at someone, while the ct is already holding his angle

the only thing terrorist have going thats objectively better is the ak, and the ak still requires you to stand still to take a shot so cts are already at an advantage because they only need to hold angles to win the round

The biggest thing T's have is the element of surprise and numbers.

5 people rushing into a site vs 2-3 defenders.
Its considered bad if each defender gets only 1 kill traded out, because then the other 3 CT's have to kill 3 T's while the T's are set up and get to defend the bomb.

bro, wtf. shut your whore mouth, dont give the pleb any ideas.

>using stat trak to show off
you are using it wrong fag

You don't have to scope to use the SG. It's still more accurate than AK.

I think it's tradition, honestly.
When you've got extra money, you should upgrade to the superior weapon.

How is that an advantage if you are playing terrorists? Your logic makes no sense. If terrorists are overpowered it should be no problem to flip the score.

>should focus on balancing"
how many years it took them to fix the fucking tec9? 2 years?
pistols are still op, fuck valve

Better to master just the AK spray pattern. If you run the SG you will often have to deal with getting picked or dropped AK's, especially as a CT.

The more precise your spray patterns are and the more practice you've got transferring those patterns, the deadlier you will be.

Its not tradittion, its the better gun, period.

what other purpose of stat trak is there other than 'showing off' your kills? that is literally all it does.

and when it comes to trading ST stuff no one gives a shit about it so you end up being cucked if you ever trade those skins.

costs more than AK
does less damage than AK
hmm

If they won 15 rounds on ct side it's fair that they win if they win 1 round one the t side

If you've got extra money, its better to hold onto that grenade worth of money.

The SG doesn't do a better enough job to justify wasting 300 dollars that could either give you just enough to buy AK in a future round or grab a flashbang AK to properly attack a CT held corner.

>have 300 hours
>silver 3
>add a guy from one of my games because fuck it
>invites me to play
>surewhynot.jpg
>im in a room with 2 silver elites and a nova 3
>think im about to get carried and finally rank up
>the nova is fucking garbage and im second topfragger behind the guy who invited me

UMP is vastly under-used. Great cost to effectiveness ratio, easy to control spray and maintains great accuracy if you fire in bursts of two (although don't count on it for extreme long range).

Its in the same boat as the Nova. Amazing weapon that quickly gets shunned as you get more dosh.