What's the Sup Forumserdict?

What's the Sup Forumserdict?

Fun

It's kino

It was a gppd game, great atmosphere though it can be a little repetitive a little far into the game, but all of the challenges and stuff were fun to do.

Compared to Dead Island, which I dropped pretty much instantly after starting to play it, this game is a much better experience. The melee combat is great, such that using guns has almost more negatives than positives in comparison. Night time can be spooky as fuck at first, but becomes a cakewalk at the end of the game when you have solid equipment.

Honestly, just a really fun parkour combat game with some repetitiveness. Story is forgettable as fuck but you're not playing it for that anyways.

Great, does get repetitive and dull after a while.
And hard mode is kind of retarded, zombies take an absurd head beating. I'd rather they have normal health but kill in like 1 hit or something.

Man i want to love this game but the, the division aesthetic makes me want to vomit.

absolute kino. i was reluctunt to buy it after getting burned by how shitty dead island and it's sequals were, but they learn their mistake and have made a great game.
Great DLC, the following specifically which is bigger in landmass to the main game.
Bro ops is brilliant,you can play virtually all the game in 4 player coop, also you can NG+, restart from mission points and change difficulty without ever loosing progress.
Best game I have played this gen so far

I noticed that hard mode doesn't really bring anything to the table, you get less supplies so you can't make nearly as much cool shit and zombies take forever to kill, to the point where running away is more viable.

When to start the DLC?

>where running away is more viable.
like in the beginning of the game.
hard mode adds, more health and damage to enemies, medkits only heals over time not instantly, and the infinite stamina after a certain point is gone

Running Simulator : Zombie

after the main story of course, the following is a continuation and ending of the story.
Bozak horde you should do at max level and the parkour challenges can be done whenever.

And kicking simulator

>absolute kino

yeah, no.

It's pretty alright but its filled with half baked ideas and the devs never really 'completed' any part of the game. Everything you do feels like it could have been done better if handled by a more competent team. If you play it co-op its more fun because anything is fun with friends but you'll still find yourself getting bored pretty quick. The replay-ability just isn't there and the story, voice acting, and characters are laughable.

Combat is fun once you're allowed to actually do it since zombies have so much health at the start but it'll only be 'fun' for a while. Zombie grabs are shit and sometimes they attack without ever playing the start of the grabbing animation. In a game so reliant on dodging there shouldn't be a undodgeable grab mechanic, and the devs know it so they added the instant escape skill but you still have to fucking take an instance of damage from being grabbed and you still have to deal with the shitty animation. Besides that, hitboxes and animations are completely fucked. Headshots with weapons can be cancelled out because zombies limbs have massive hitboxes so the game can register a shot to the head as a shot to the shoulder. Large enemies, especially Goons have seriously fucked up hitboxes on their attacks and can hit you while swinging in the complete opposite direction. Demolisher have instant attacks with no windup which ruins any challenge in the fight since all you'll be doing is using healing kits, hitting the demolisher, waiting for him to do an instant hit, dodging back and healing again. Demolisher's attacks also desync ALL the time in multiplayer and you'll get hit by invisible rocks that he throws or his attacks will home in on you and follow. There's about a million different problems with combat in this game, this is just shit right off the top of my head. Besides that the skill trees are mostly a waste of skills and only a handful actually do anything worth while. There are two memorable missions in the entire game and if you play it co-op(which is the best way to play since, y'know, friends) there are no memorable missions since having someone with you ruins any encounter you could possibly run into. The DLC is the only redeeming part of the game because combat takes a massive back seat to driving into shit.

Fun as fuck, I had lots of fun playing coop with a buddy. Didn't really like The Following expansion though, mostly because driving sucks, parkour is where it's at.

Pretty damn great.

Better than the base game, bigger as well, worth every penny.

The verdict is that I'm signed up for the new PvP beta thing they teased.

I cannot believe how based these devs are. Free DLC three years later??

Also, Dying Light is just a stellar game

So I just started this not too long ago. I'm playing on hard. I just got to the part where Rais Jews out on his deal and only gives you some medicine. I really am enjoying the game, but the damage sponges get very annoying. Am I better off just restarting the game not on hard?

It's a great game, but everything flowed better before they patched a lot of stuff. The only noticeable problem with the stock game was that humans were a non-issue thanks to headshots dropping them guaranteed, 100% of the time and molotovs doing an even better job of handling the uninfected. You really felt the progression a lot better back then and it felt like an entirely different game at multiple points due to your progression.

nope, it'll be the same. they don't want you to fight, they want you to farm and get better weapons and run about until you're ready.

>I have shit internet and suck at vidya so it's the game's fault
End yourself user

Kino

Single player: it's alright.
Co op with your bro: absolutely top tier.

Not even close to true. Sorry I can find faults in games I like you mong.

also
>suck at vidya
>having anything to do with dying light

There's no skilled involved in dying light, plain and simple. You're not a pro-gamer because you beat the game, I'm not a progamer because I've beat the game into a few ng+'s. The game isn't hard, it doesn't have a challenge or curve, it's just broken my dude.

Early-game your weapons are for helping you evade enemies a lot more than killing them, but Hard is meant for late-game play either way. I'd change. I'm way up on the damage scale with my weapons and Hard takes me back to when pretty much everything was a threat.

found it kind of dull, but it has a 10/10 way of conveying the sensation of height.
I was surprised how boring it was until I learned it was made by the devs that shat out those dead island games

>dying light
>a hard game

So this is what people think now, huh..

I'm too scared to go out at night

The architecture of Old Town was much more fun to climb and play in than the main area.
The whole game should've been more urbanized with taller buildings and more developed areas.

Am I the only one excited for the multiplayer spinoff they're doing?

don't be, you don't lose anything for dying at night and you get double exp. Just chase a few supply drops and kill a few normal zombies every now and then. Or just sit near a safe house or on a safe house wall and hit zombies for free exp. Night being a real threat is a meme, you can't kill volatiles but they sure as fuck can't kill you if you play it right, and even if they do, who cares?

It's worth the risk, usually.

You don't have to restart the game to change difficulties, you just need to do it when selecting your save from the main menu if I am remembering it right.

Didn't know you were a pussy, user.

It's cool, isn't it? The satisfaction of evading the volatiles and making it back to a safe zone with a group of them chasing you is tense.

yeah, default Haran is pretty terrible. Old Town is so much more interesting. I wish the game was just The Following with Old Town at its center. A nice small-mid sized Mediterranean city with a large open country around it. The first part of the game is such a slog with how shitty the area is and how terrible the story is

Do you want to be a overpowered faggot?

Get the haran ranger dlc, and level up your goddamn hand to hand skill.

You now have a ranged weapon that does 4.4k damage, that can be upgraded to do more, has craft able ammo, is silent, and has 100% ammo recovery on non elemental arrows, and two unbreakable weapons that will do more damage than normal melee weapons.

I swear legend perks are so broken its fun.

I liked it, in fact I preferred the game when I didn't have to sandbag by ignoring the grappling hook. Old Town is fantastic, but climbing is this game's weak point.

>combat is fun once you're allowed to actually do it
Zombies are more of an obstacle than an enemy in Dying Light, but if you really want to fight them, the early combat skills like Grapple will take out even Volatiles. If anything, it breaks the game with how many you can kill with Grapple alone.
>Zombie grabs are shit
True, but mostly an issue with firearms. With melee weapons, you can still attack even when they go to nab you, and the instant escape is just that: an instant escape. Once you get it, you can avoid all grab damage and the animation by quickly tapping the key.
>Hitboxes are fucked up for Zombies and Goons
Not really. Never had any issues with aiming even with Virals flailing around, and that swing from the Goons is wide and with some follow through. It's your fault if you can't aim for their heads or dodge their attacks
>Demolishers have instant attacks with no windup
Completely false. Even their quick swipes are decently telegraphed, so if you can't dodge well enough to not get hit once you get to the arena, it's your fault.
>Desync all the time
BR? Jajaja

The only true things you've mentioned that are true is that there's a lot of useless skills and that Dying Light isn't hard at all. If you had issues killing zombies, then it's your fault, not the game's. It's easy enough that anyone should be able to pick up and play it with no problem.

Old town could have been bigger. The problem with default Haran is that the climbing mechanics are incredibly underutilized with such a low altitude environment.

Volatiles are probably the only challenging thing the game has to offer, actually. Not just because of the stealth mechanic, but because their stats are ridiculously high compared to normal zombies and brutes.

Too bad they canceled/shelved Hellraid. They are going to instead double down and just do a Dying Light sequel. Boring fucking direction this developer decided to go towards.
Old Town would have been fine as-is if they didn't add the grappling hook. Shortly after I got there, I was just grappling everywhere.

I wonder how many people don't realize you aren't locked into a zombie grab until they're holding onto you because of the way the camera spins to them like a QTE? Completely able to be interrupted with an attack.

>hiding from Volatiles
>not taking to the rooftops with a double-barrel

Put on those running shoes boi

Don't listen to morons The Following dlc is all driving around in a shitty buggy with none of the parkour city zombie action

You and me have vastly different interactions with this game because I have problems with demolisher's and vanishing rocks and shit too, and I don't play multiplayer.

worse than Dead Island

there are times when you're doing a charge attack and you get pulled into the grab animation from a great distance and there is nothing you can do about it. Two handed weapons are a massive joke because of this.

Theres also times where you magically don't get to do your instant escape, because fucking reasons.

I enjoy that, especially in nightmare mode.

Okay given, but why are you using charge attacks? If you need that to get a proper damage output you should just use gadgets or wait until you're farther along with better weapons.

started it but didnt get hooked. i really wanted to enjoy it especially since i played the shit out of dead island. are the first couple hours just boring or something?

it can also happen with normal attacks with two handed weapons because of their slow swing speed. The whole grab mechanic is just lazily made, especially because the zombie can use it from so far. It doesn't gel well with the games movement and combat. No one uses two handed weapons for anything but slam attacks because they're so unreliable and can get you grabbed and fucked instantly. I've played all sorts of difficulties over the life of this game and play ng+ nightmare now but I would NEVER touch a two handed weapon and none of the randos or friends I play with ever would because getting grabbed even with the instant break mechanic can result in you being dead to an attack from behind. The grab mechanics makes it so that no matter what you do all fights play out the same way. Make sure there's a massive amount of space between you and whatever your fighting and dash back whilst swinging for head with a one handed or use a fucking bow. Don't even get me started with the janky ass fucking boss infected in the following.

I disagree and you need to learn to structure a post.

explain? the division is shit but its hud is minimal and overal really good

The UI is almost identical, same with the color pallet of the game. I associate it with the division and it makes me not want to play the game.