Pure Darkest Dungeon Threads

Only for pure discussion. No shitposting.

Leper is serious

Well, off for a great start, guess I will finish dumping

What must be done to make leper viable for champion level dungeons?

Accuracy trinkets and Plague Doctor drugs.

Old thread is dead

Long live the thread

>3 trinkets

this game sucks

Reclaimed savage
Some sort of Cultist brawler, it's skin and flesh has been turned into vegetation, it's motiff is that it's a big, torned jungle warrior, no longer human. Size 1.

'Slash' Using it's torned arms and claws to slash your frontline heroes, does a 10 base damage and 1 bleed for 3 turns. Normal bleed chance, normal accuracy. Position 1 and 2 attack. Attacks position 1 or 2
'Hurl' using both torned great arms, pushes your position 1 hero back two positions. Deals 1 bleed damage for 3 turns. Very high move chance, low accuracy, high bleed chance. Position 1 and 2 attack. Only can attack position 1

25 hp, 20% prot, 5 speed, 0 dodge; regular frontliner enemy

Have other characters that CAN shuffle in case it happens. Then ACC and SPD trinkets and he's decent.

Slowly leveling my Deus Vult team, pretty happy with the mod an user did by giving Crusaders bucket helms, a shield AND giving them actual Orders colours.

>comfortable with vet dungeons
>champion fucks me up
Is this a good time to enable the CC dlc, or will it fuck me up even harder? I should have enough heirlooms to build the weekly blood ration building, and want to stock-pile a fuck-ton of blood the moment I can.

Might want a link to your last stuff, for posterity

>that little laugh the chevaliers do after critting two of your guys for 20 and bleeding them
I had never really been mad at this game before but that actually managed to piss me off, the fucking cunt of a thing

"They would arrive in teeming hordes, adorned in shitposts and pretension - seeking to slake their thirst on manufactured drama and indecency.

As fetishism invariably took hold, innocuous edits would escalate to ever more disturbing diversions. Orchestrating the hideous affair were hunched-backed fiends who seemed to delight in manipulating the proportions of breasts - from budding to buxom to biblical. I could have stopped them, I suppose, but I was a slave to my own appetite, and restraint would have rendered me a hypocrite."

first time playing this any tips?

I'm in third row, what's he going to do?

I'd suggest waiting a bit still. CC is champion level and as you have seen the power gap between vet and champion is pretty wide.

WHERE'S MY BBW EDIT

I have a full guide if you want, but maybe you want to discover at your own pace?

ENOUGH. YOU ASK FOR THIS SHIT EVERY FUCKING THREAD. LEARN TO DRAW AND MAKE IT YOURSELF YOU CUNT.

I'm having problems with veteran mission with lvl3 guys. What do I do? After three of four combat, sometimes less, my group is in shambles. And theyare with lvl2 weapons, armors and skills...

im mostly scared about the stress management

Claim your Omenfu

Forgot to mention the Reclaimed savage is male*

Reclaimed sacrifice
Female, some sort of cultist witch, but no longer human. Her skin is actually quite frail and has flowery bloomoms all over her body. You can see, in a vertical fashion, that a rapture line can be seen on her body, like her body is just vines held together.

'Allure' her flowers all over body opens up and releases a sweet scent polem that attracts your position 4 all upfront to position 1. -5 speed debuff for 3 rounds. Deals 0 damage, position 3 and 4 attack. Very high move chance.
'Bloom' Her flowers once again opens up, but this time also her head too, in vertical fashion. Releases toxic spores to your position 1 and 2 to stun them. High stun chance, but lot accuracy. She moves to position 1 for her last move.
'Sacrife for the forest' Her body expands and tears itself up, exploding and releasing all her venenous contents. Deals 25 damage, 40 stress and 5 blight damage for 3 rounds; damages both position 1 and 2. Very high accuracy, very high blight chance.

Not him, but I wish I knew how to draw and mod.

I have a few ideas of my own and I've seen a few good ideas around these threads for a skin. Maybe one day I'll commission someone to do my dream skin, a Lawbringer Hellion, to turn her in a dude in full plate.

Eradicate your frontline and clear their corpses leaving you helpless and exposed

Slowly, gently, this is how the shit posts begin

You're going to lose characters. The hero of the game isn't your characters, they're just mercs and they're disposable. The hero of the game is your town, focus on upgrading it and your bank account/trinket hoard. If you have some level 1 scrub who comes back Afflicted and a bunch of negative traits, kick him to the curb.

After that just experiment with team comps and find one you like. Don't bring bleed heavy characters into the Ruins/Cove, don't bring Blight heavy heroes into the Warrens/Weald.

If you don't enjoy the hardcore nature of losing your characters you can back up your save files.

Perfect art and with options. What a fine gentleman.

Forgot her stats: 15 hp, 8 speed, 0 dodge, spawns in position 3 or 4. Very low resistances. Might spawn once per battle.

>doesn't want to be a hypocrite
>Ancestor is a better person than Schwig

shouldnt all of her flesh be rotted?

>Discover weird lamppost thing
>Cryptic message, might get some cool loot though. That's what usually happens when I interact with anything with key items
>Decide to light it with my torch
>Optional Cthulhu appears
>Level 1 team gets wrecked
Learn something new everyday.

Typically before moving up a dungeon tier you want to make sure all your heroes of that tier have their equipment and skills upgraded. If you have no low tier heroes either up your roster limit or let some go and get some new rookies for suicide runs for heirlooms/gold

kill stress dealers first. you can tell which enemies have stress attacks by hovering/clicking on them and looking in their character stat window. stress attacks will have pic related next to their name. 99% of the time the stress dealers are in the backline and are caster RPG archetypes. if you can't kill em, stun em.

biggest thing is party comp. if you don't have anyone that can deal damage to the backline or at least shuffle the enemy forward you're gonna have a real bad time. if you're doing the above but it's still too much bring a stress healer like a crusader, jester, houndmaster, or if you have the crimson court DLC, flagellant.

SECOND THIS

What's the appeal of the Pitch-Black Dungeon mod? It looks like it adds way too much bullshit.

Well something's wrong. Can you not upgrade them to level 3 gear/skills? Are you bringing the right provisions/interacting with curios smartly? Are you not focusing backline stress dealers? What kind of team comps are you running?

I am only in the beginning of the game so I could be completely wrong. But I feel like I am stuck running plague doctor as pos 4 and vestal as pos 3 and then the only variety is in my first two slots for a a front liner and a damage dealer. Not that is a big deal but its just kinda dull training multiple sets of the same lineup.

Is light effected by spent or distance traveled? Also how viable is the abomination if crusaders, vestels and lepers won't travel with him?

it's for non-brainlets who realized that the base game is embarrassingly easy and 1-dimensional

Literally all you have to do is shade this properly and make her bigger

What group do you use and where? Each terrain needs a different team, in a way.

The backrows are the one dealing stress. So target them in priority, especially since they are generally weaker than the front row, judt like your dudes really. Learn which terrain demands which provisions and objects to deal with its challenges, and learn how much food, torches and shovels you need for a certain type of mission in a certain terrain.
Short mission= 8 to 12 food, 8 torches, 1 shovel and 1 key (2 of each if you want to make sure, and take more shovels for the weald and the cove si ce you use them for other curios)

Pic related is a fairly complete guide if you want it. Don't read it if you want to learn by yourself and keep the surprises.

Yea but that one's on LoversLab and doesn't have the bikini and no one wants to see that, right? RIGHT?

You're completely wrong, but you're learning, so it's ok.

wait what?
really

Because becoming a dark run only meta is life fag isn't 1-dimensional. At least in the base game you're not locked to the same exact team comp, trinkets, and skill rotation every single fight.

I can draw at least I hope I do and I've tried to make a Warden skin.
It's not hard, but the crusader sprite is such a fuckfest I couldn't be assed to identify every little bits.
Point is, if I can do it, so can you, I'm just too much of a lazy ass.

this is fine

GODDESS

are healers (not stress healer) in general important? i have only one but is afflicted right now after doing my first quest and idk if i should keep her or with other people

Would you mind showing me what you did?

I know genuinely fuck all about all that art stuff, what software did you use, did you use a tablet made for that, etc?

Light is affected by corridor squares traveled, but will decrease slower if you're moving through areas you've already explored.
Abomination is alright. Handful of multi-target skills, a stun and stress-heal in human form, some good attacks in monster form. You can still take many other heroes with you that fill all the roles you need.

Googled it later. Never encountered a Shambler so I didn't know what to make of something called Shambler's Alter. Lit it with my torch and got slaughtered.

Sorcerer

The only human enemy of the area, has paints and clothing that reflects he's a dweller of the jungle. Maybe gone insane from the influence of the woods, who knows.

'Will of the forest' Simple 10 base heal, casted from position 3 or 4, can be casted on anyone on the enemy team.
'Horror of the forest' Team wide Horror applying effect, 4 stress for 3 rounds, can be casted on position 3 and 4.
'Hatred of the forest' Buffs a position 1 or 2 enemy, +20% damage and +5 speed buff, can be casted from pos 3 and 4
'Sacrifice' The sorcerer stabs your position 1 hero with some sort of thorn made knife. 3 damage with 2 bleed damage for 2 rounds. Very accurate, high bleed chance.

Might spawn in position 3 and 4. Once per battle, might be accompanied by Reclaimed Sacrifices and Reclaimed Savages. 15 HP, 5 speed, 10 dodge. Weak resistances

I wouldn't bother with an afflicted character under level 3 unless you feel attatched from some reason, dismiss them and get another one from the stagecoach. That said RNG can fuck you over and not give you another healer so weigh it based on your resources.

They're pretty important imo unless you wanna full chad and try to kill everything before it can hurt you you won't

Is this just art or can I get the loli version somewhere?

Why is the short haired one so good? God damned perfection.

the only thing that you can do is ask for one

faggots

Just spend a lot of time learning how to use Photoshop and you can 90% of what you'd want to do in terms of DD. You definitely don't need a tablet.

Creating your own unique and brand new art and animations is an entirely different ball game though.

For user who asked for sea dragon type enemy for Cove.

>dismiss them and get another one from the stagecoach.

To this end, upgrading the stage coach to at least 4 recruits per week is top priority. You want to make sure you always have a replacement for every role.

At the moment, only the original and slightly reduced tits version has all sprites. The others are just art.

I'll keep it mind thank. I'll try to learn PS at some point I guess, I'm already discovering Blender, in the hopes of, someday, in the far future, make some 40k animations.

shinobi bounty hunter, warden crusader, nobushi hellion, warlord/conqueror man at arms, highlander leper

i beg for someone to save me from the idea of these never happening

>it's not 1-dimensional if you create your own handicaps
>but I'm going to shit on this mod that is entirely built around adding handicaps
ok buddy

I don't get it, why do their boots fuse into their legs?

Ah sweet, thanks a bunch my dude! Not what I had in mind but a pleasant surprise!

i really like it user
well done

>irony faggot
The last thread was full of shitposts and someone said to put leper in the OP to remain pure, so I shitposted a bikini Leper

It's not a difficult joke to get

Because short haired girls is perfection.

thanks for the tip

>sea dragon
Where are you from? I'm from New England and only ever heard sea horse.

When I asked for a sea dragon I was thinking or stuff like Jormungad, but apparently sea dragon is also a name for the Hyppocampus in english. Didn't know that.

I'm from the land of Goglait

>Would you mind showing me what you did?
Didn't saved it cause I got bored, and I can't show shit to "prove" I'm a drawfag because they're of a questionable nature.

>I know genuinely fuck all about all that art stuff, what software did you use, did you use a tablet made for that, etc?
It's really simple, I'm convinced you don't need a tablet to edit the sprite, since the game follow a very simple artstyle, as long as you keep to it it'll be fine.
Software recommend by the devs are Gimp, or Photoshop, but I couldn't be assed to download either so I went with Clip Studio Paint since it's my main software for drawing cocks, which can do the job just fine given the proper setting, especially since it's just for editing.

For exemple here's the idle sprite of the Hellion, all you have to do is edit these to match the Lawbringer from For Honor.
The only really difficult part is to identify what's what when it come to the small parts.

post grave robber

Okay thanks a lot. I'll try someday maybe!

they are important, but do realize that you will never ever outheal the damage the enemy can do with a healer consistently. it's usually good to have at least one healer on a team because you need to be able to get your guys off death's door when shit hits the fan, but many classes have self-heals, so if you have enough self-heals you don't really need a dedicated one. also the quicker you kill shit the less healing you need to do, so in the long run damage and stuns on the enemy are generally more important than healing your own guys.

like the other user said, it's generally not worth wasting resources on afflicted/stressed heroes below level 3 unless you really like them. sometimes they get really nice quirks so it can be worth it occasionally. get your stagecoach upgraded asap to get as much new blood into your roster as possible so you can just dump the fuckers that get too stressed.

Temple Guardian

A giant, stone temple guardian come to life to defend the sacred ziggurath and its sorcerers from vile invaders. Resembles a rock golem. Size 2 monster. Spawn only in position 1-2. Only appears in Temple areas of the dungeon, not jungle areas.

'Smash' Smashes your position 1 hero with his inmense stone arm. 15 base damage, might stun and also move your attacked hero two positions back. Moderate stun chance, very high move chance.
'Stoning' Pounds both its fists on the Temple ground, shaking it's very foundations. Ruble and rocks fall off from the ceiling over your backrow heroes. Deals 8 damage to both position 3 and 4 heroes.
'Crush' Using the lenght of its both rock arms, crushes your position 1, 2 and 3 for 10 damage. -5 dodge for 3 turns to affected heroes.

40 hp, 50% PROT, 0 dodge, 0 speed. Has maximum resistances for every type of damage (200% resistance for bleed, blight, move and stun), but has rather low debuff resistances. Allowing your debuffing/marking heroes to weaken the guardian.

>Sea Dragoon

>just started recently
>first mission is an absolute mess
>mfw party attacks doing minimal damage, enemies start getting crits
>mfw one of the party member gets an affliction
>mfw they then proceed to stress everyone else out and give them afflictions too
>mfw party gets shuffled and no one wants to swap places
>mfw characters start attacking each other
>mfw heart attacks left and right
>mfw

I didn't expect this at all, maybe I should have started on easiest difficulty like the game recommends.

jormungandr is a sea serpent, not a dragon.

>blight heavy in warrens/weld

but plague doc also has battle medicine to heal the heavy blight and bleed the swine inflict

Lol that's pretty funny, the sea horse still fits thematically. A jormungand boss could be really cool. Make the boss take place in multiple rooms each being a different part of the snake and spread throughout the dungeon like it was wrapped around it. One room for the tail, one for the head, one or two for body sections. The head tries to bite you. The tail whips you. The body tries to crush the party or the body gabs a hero and constricts him for a couple of turns.

It wouldn't have helped you. Just roll with the punches, you can always recover.

I unironically would enjoy a slightly more heroic fantasy version of DD, just because I enjoy the dungeoneering, hamlet rebuilding, and hero managing parts of it, but also like higher fantasy type settings with knights and wizards where the heroes can win in the end. I just can't quite figure out a reasonable compromise between high risk high lethality dungeons, and allowing yourself to become attached to heroes and forming an A-team. Mostly stuff like death and resurrection.

I'm sort of thinking about keeping the general idea of death's door, just because even though it sort of makes the game a tiny bit easier by virtue of eliminating one-shots, it still causes greater excitement because you have to rescue your heroes and can get fucked over by damage over time, afflictions preventing healing, and 0 heal bleed memes. After that, I'd imagine a fallen hero would leave behind remains, that can be picked up by another hero and takes up a non-stacking inventory slot like firewood, or you can only retrieve one fallen hero per living hero, so you're fine with two living, two dead, but at one living, three dead you'd have to leave two bodies behind. After that, you could have rescue missions where you send a party to return to the dungeon a hero was slain in, and recover their remains, probably guarded by scavenger monsters. Retrieved remains can be reanimated at a temple for a cost and takes a week, like treating quirks. Probably involve some lingering debuffs or quirks to reflect trauma or something.

Just shitting out my Ideas-Guying for a game I would like to, but never ever will make.

Fair enough, I should have worded it more accurately.

Why does the leper exist when the crusader is better in every aspect?

>Using dazzling light when man at arms is at death's door
Vestal is a bitch.

My headcanon is that the heroes end up realising "the truth of the world" but because they havr went through all those hardships, they refuse to abandon or turn tail. So they start an eternal vigil that changes them, slowly. They go back in the dungeons to keep the horrors at bay, as long as they can.

That's how I justify the change of skins and the more somber aspect I give them when they hit level 6.

Now I want a Baron reskin of Schwig rubbing his hands like a jew

Also a camping skill to knock off any diseases picked up on the way to the warrens bosses.

Next time you try to bait, take off your trip.

why yes

Hey Schwig nice to see you