Final Fantasy VII Remake

IT's HAPPENING GUYS THEIR MAKING THE GUYS BLOCKY!!!

siliconera.com/2018/02/07/final-fantasy-vii-remake-changed-clouds-design-nomura-says-closest-original/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8
youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc
youtu.be/L-xvMsEw3LE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

after FFXV, i'll never fucking trust them

FFXV is fantastic, too bad 7r won't be.

I don't trust nomura with anything these days. I'd need pics first

Wheres the leaks

Are you trying to b8?

I have terminal cancer and I have 10 years or less to live, will this game release before 2028?

We'll see. As much as I enjoy Kingdom Hearts, the style doesn't fit with Final Fantasy, imo. I'm not very optimistic.

FFXV is a great game. I'll buy anything final fantasy related that SE puts out now.

>XV-kun is back

I assume it's just them giving him pointy hair again, I hope.

What is there really to change? His outfit/sword were fine. If you were to change him back to his weirdly proportioned 90s self you'd have to change the artstyle of the entire game because a cartoony styled model wouldn't work with the realstic environments they're going for.

Sounds like 7R pretty much restarted from scratch mid last year when they fired CC2 and moved internal

It's really in dev hell. They already released FF7R figures of Cloud and now Nomura says they changed his design and remade everything from the previous trailer. That CG of Cloud now is useless since his design is changed from that. Nomura wasting time and money again.

This shit is never fucking coming out. Maybe by the time the PS6 launches, part 1 will be done

They'll just make Cloud slightly more buff and hopefully less of a bitch. OG Cloud was stoic, not a bitch.

>implying

user please youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8

>7R-kun calling everyone xv-kun

Real talk
What has Noruma done to attract so much hate? He gets shuffled round so often he never gets to complete anything

XV is superior to that, the other bros in XV play better than how they are shown in that trailer too.

I hate his fanboys that defend every little thing he does as if it's gospel

on the bright side if they *did* in fact go with a more stylized look it could mean we'll see the remake on the switch imagine how many people felt burnt out from not being able to play versus on the PS3

Are they making him less of a sickly skellington then?

Their moveset is still basic.
Why did they change the combo system from ep Duscae? Shit worked the best

I hope it just looks like the smash model

He apparently ruined the Final Fantasy franchise and it's his fault Squeenix can't manage their own company.

It'll be part of the PS5 launch lineup in the early 20's, mark my words.

Not an excuse to hate him. Only reason I defend him is because everytime I ask why people hate him, I get shallow reasons like this.

This guy knows whats up. Square management needs to sort their shit out

ep duscae has less moveset than the final game, what you on about? all ep duscae did was autoswitch weapon when on an opener, mid, finisher, counter or aerial hit, final game has 4 weapons you manually switch between all with their own opener, mid, finisher, counter and aerial, plus unique warpstrikes per weapon type

This. Guy sounds fed up with that shit.

At this point, I hope so. At this rate the episodes will end up being half on this gen and half on next. I'd rather just have it all on next gen

I hope they make the character models look more anime like in the original game art.

That fucking engine was nearly a fatal blow for Square

I'm with you on this user, this is the best Cloud has looked in years

Yes but what about Tifa's titties?
No titties, no buy.

Ep duscae also didnt have all weapons and you could customise aplenty .Plus having special abilities connected to each weapon than just the shitty comrade abilities.
Why they didnt just expand on that instead of restarting AGAIN and giving us the basic shit that was ingame

WELL WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE NOW?!

this is closest to his 7 design but the color of his hair looks off

Im hoping for a more feminine Kuraudo-chan.

They made him a nigger.

Just kidding. They made him into a trans-faggot.

Just kidding. They made him into a woman. Again.

I wouldn't mind it either. Backwards compatability is all I ask for.

armiger unleashed is giving noctis his own techniques now, and each bro has techniques for themselves when you use them too. Noctis's tempest and heavy thrust became directional inputs/manual finisher instead.

Ep duscae you basically only had 1 combo, final game you have up to four and can switch weapons mid combo, or use the autoswitch accessory if you want autoswitch

I've been following XV since 2008 and it may not be Versus but it's a damn fine game.
Just forget about VII Remake and let it come out by surprise, don't follow it, that way you have no unreasonable expectations.

I hope they make it look like the one on the right, instead of Advent Children-ass looking emo shit.

fpbp

this is going to be garbage just like XV

You are all delusional.

Left looks a million times better.

xv is good and people making 7r have nothing to do with xv, they're completely different divisions and completely different engines

Shut up weeb!

That's pretty much just the PSP Dissidia model touched up. Speaking of, Dissidia NT Cloud looks pretty much spot on, but the original FFVIIR reveal Cloud looked fine too, they just had to fix the hair to be just like the original, which might be what they're referring to. Him looking fucked up made sense considering the story, and they even said that he would start looking better as time went on, but that could also be what they're referring to.

Left one looks like fucking Gackt, or some other overly Asian boyband faggot.
You are indeed what called you.

I am afraid of what is going to be when VII Remake news starts rolling in. Will that crazy lunatic XV-kun shit post all day here just like he did with XV.

>Left one looks like fucking Gackt, or some other overly Asian boyband faggot.
wow it's almost like that's what nomura's design language has been forever and the ps1 just wasn't powerful enough to render that kind of detail
it's almost like as soon as square enix had that kind of fidelity with the ps2 they went for it

Gentle reminder that the artist who drew Clouds art was only 16 years old at the time. I remember reading that decades ago. His design isn't anything that amazing, just a very basic spiky haired dude.

That all said, I do hope they don't go with the shitty Advent Children design that reeked of faggotry.

Yeah okay whats your point?
That doesn't mean it's a good thing, unless, like I said, you're an enormous weeb faggot.

This is going to be Nomura's undoing. He's fucked up in the past but this is the sacred cow.

>was only 16 years old at the time
Nomura was in his late 20's. A simple google search would have told you this

And the quality of Square's output nosedived sharply after the PS1 era. Coincidence?

It's amazing how much his head looks like a chocobo.

No, the final art of Cloud was drawn by a 16 year old. The one seen here: The original concept was Nomura, but the art that the in game model was based off of was drawn by a 16 year old. Same with all the art the 3D models were based on.

That's Nomura's art.

that is nomura

To be fair you can see why it would be confused for a 16 yo's art.

My bad. He was 16 at the time then. The game took years to make remember. He wasn't in his 20's when he designed it.

Has any company bet its reputation on one product the way Square is here?

Sega with Shenmue?

>FFXV
>anything other than a bumbling mess with boring combat

Closest is probably DMC with Capcom, also Megaman as well

I liked what they were going for with sickly Cloud. I'd rather have him looking a little fucked up than airbrushed.

they're making him "dorkier"

>xv is good

It really isn't. The only good thing about it are enemy designs. Story, characters, combat, and even the world map are extremely boring.

Nomura was like in his 20s, but he might as well have looked 16

Imagine if they used his original first draft one.

That's because of Smash 4's color palette. Yellow colors look awful. Take a look at Ness and Lucas.

This problem is fixed on the 3DS, however.

i prefer my anime to look like anime and not try to imitate real life. FF7's art excelled at this

The guy looks like a fucking baby.

That has to be an older pic he has c-cups now.

And last year

it's the same thing,even the face on the middle one is his portrait in the flashback

>pc "master" race

those fucking Japanese genes
then one year he'll age rapidly into an old man

>He wasn't in his 20's when he designed it
Yes he was. He joined SE when he was 20. Years before vii even existed

My ps1 emulator is fucking great. Thanks for reminding me why PC is best.

god ferrari is such a good character artist
i wish he was kept on XV

>years ago they said it would be remade entirely to not resemble the original
>not designs will match the original all of a sudden

I smell 20 year long development hell lmao

This is great, Jessie still looks like the ugly bitch that she is.

What the fuck is Square even doing? KH3 and 7R are fucked

Imagine all the people who will die waiting for a remake of their childhood classic.

fagget.

I just realized that the last trailer was over 2 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

my sister died waiting for versus 13, I'm honestly glad she can't see the travesty it became, especially since they just recycled kefka again

>Jessie
>ugly

I'll end you m8.

>still no Tifa
It hurts

>Heidegger

Thats clearly Reeve.

You only like her because no one else likes her.

youtu.be/L-xvMsEw3LE

If the trailer is,any indication, he looks like AC Cloud.

Also that Wedge voice

Also also, gameplay video seem to make combat look like XV's

>turning Tifa into some whore look a like
fuck off, that looks terrible

she's supposed to be a fighter who is excellent in martial arts. the fact that her tits are huge has nothing to do with it. in fact the game makes almost no dialog mention of them.