Should Dark Souls have an Easy Mode?

Should Dark Souls have an Easy Mode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yP4appeRA-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. It needs a hard mode.

Im replaying ds1 to stomp switch players when it is released. Can't wait to invade.

Nintendo wont allow it

nintendo already said there won't be any multiplayer

It's called summoning

it needs more fucking levels, fucking lazy devs

How the hell are you going to invade me when I'm on the bus?

>Sup Forums went from hot-blooded asking for a challenge to full-blown casualism asking for hand-holding

Never reproduce

>A whole year of people not figuring out how to cheese the capra demon

Really? Because Nintendo's fucking page for it is saying otherwise you assbandit

Anyone who plays a Souls game online is a pleb.

fpbp

It already does. It's called hold your shield up and circle strafe enemies then back stab them from neutral for massive damage that goes unpunished because you're invincible also the enemy gives you 1 free hit while he's standing up

dark souls is a fucking incredibly easy game just don't be a fucking idiot. name another action RPG that lets you walk up and back stab someone from neutral while the enemy has focus on you

It already does, there are tons of different gradations of easy mode depending on your build and if you summon friends or NPCs.

>takes a seat next to you
>it's your school bully invading both your personal space and your fantasy space

Yes. I should be able to pull the internet off faster if I want to. With the press of the button I can deny a griefer a kill.
How do you like me now invader cuck?

/thread

>school
Underage pls go.

It's called Magic

It already does, play using a mage in literally and souls game, you've just reduced the difficulty by about 60 percent. If you want it even lower just summon a phantom, you literally can't get any easier than phantoms with great soul arrow.

>school
you think ur better than us cause you done gone learnin' n what not?

no, don’t do this, i’m fucking serious. if people do this the DS community on switch will die out and sales for nintendo will plummet.

>he doesn't know
according to three seperate polls, Sup Forums has the most underages in Sup Forums, having over 67% aged

I'm about to get my Master's.

This unironically. They should at least do some kind of covenant that turns the map into something like ng+ of ds2.

And?

not even getting hit

youtube.com/watch?v=yP4appeRA-4

When were these supposed to be taken?

>WORLDS FIRST
>he's not the world's first, or even the third.

Oh boy

>Games are for kids
No shit

first two polls were in 2015. recent one was november 2017

they already have an easy mode, it's called int builds

Easy mode is when you use phantoms. So if you wanna make it easier give the player easier access to phantoms.

DARK SOULS IS NOT AN INHERENTLY HARD GAME

ANYONE WHO THINKS IT IS IS A CASUAL FAGGOT

Play NG+ already you fucking babies who are too scared and keep making new characters.

I'm not surprised, with all the fucking wojak images and people who reply to them.

It already has, just put all your exp in strengh and vitality

This and two hand a weapon of your choice.

This is MY thread now, cunt.

Do you idiots think that there'll come a time when Sup Forums does a 180 and hates Souls for quite literally being the defining game of '10s? For having literally every other game be compared to it in the most far-fetched way possible?

that simply means 67% of Sup Forums needs to fucking get out

+10 Zweihander!

Of course it should have one, Dark souls should be a game accessible by anyone.
Infinite stamina and invincibility would be nice.

>can turn invincible at will with a press of a button
what else could you fags ask for

They should make the normal game easy mode and add more enemies in different locations on “normal” mode

we're entering levels of soy that's should't even be possible

No. Just one difficulty level, wich is the way it was intended to play in the mind of the developers.
The only think I's ask for the remake is for then to finish the game properly, but it's not going to happen so who cares.
I mean they may even it up aesthetically so in the end the remake is maybe a bad idea.

So this is what it's come to.
Making a game easier to make it more accessible. They could've made audio or visual cues for enemy attacks more obvious, or made them slightly less merciless but no. Invincibility is the only way to make it easier for people.
Fuck these people. This is what happens when that kid who didn't have to do laps with the rest of the team because "He's the goalie", grows up and still plays video games. Fuck him. If he even still identifies as a 'him'.

>tfw no forced online

it sucks having a divided community. if you really don't want to play online you can easily unplug your ethernet cord

>game literally gets popular from its difficulty
>HURRRR IT COULD REACH A WIDER PLAYERBASE IF IT HAD AN EZ MODE

this

Yeah. It is called pyromancy

That explains why this board is so shitty

Nu-Sup Forums actually defend this

Except if you mindlessly do this like a retard they'll just backhand you with their shield to punish it

I don't defend it but I was never a fan of invasions so I don't really care either way.

It already has an easy mode. It always did.
It's called playing offline. Alternatively there is an even easier easy mode. And it's called playing co-operatively.

The player actually has an unusual influence over the game's difficulty without an explicit difficulty options menu of set difficulties.

You can't keep people from turning their wifi off underage fag.

What's the point of having Dark Souls portable when you can't pause the game?

I honestly hope they tweak a bit so you can't be invaded by Sl1 faggots with endgame gear at parish. Unless they have a silly gimmick, it's just not fun to be on the receiving end.

launchfag here

it was pretty hard when it first came out, you couldnt buy twinks from the giant blacksmith

there was shit all humanity around

some bosses were harder from memory like 4kings

also i had no internet at the time so coudlnt summon, it was better desu. Game scared me a bit, took me weeks of constant playing to get anywhere.

>Being harassed by enemy players is "hard mode"

Nintendo fans have been playing difficult games since forever though. Actually difficult games too, and not just meme difficulty.

why are you lurking around the parish, if you dont want to get invaded then move on

anyway, the blades of the darkmoon are giant faggots who tend to clean out the place pretty regularly

I beat the capra demon my first run as knight
I just don't understand

i say they are giant faggots by the way because they are like sl100 invading sl1, it's almost more douchey than being a sl1 fag.

Dark Souls is only hard during the initial learning phase. After that it's easy peasy.

>all the butmad responses to this post
Doing God's work user, keep it up

Sure. Why not?

This is actually a good thing. I don't intend to use Assist mode but it's a great option to have for those who want to play. Hopefully people will just use it as "training wheels" and eventually play without the use of an assist mode.

Because if you happen to be a DEX fag or not running for the stairs you will get your shit pushed in.
Or just skip the whole thing by hurling firebombs

>Actually difficult

more like artificially if you're talking about super ghouls

lags out the ass, enemies cheat out the dick

>ITT PC/PS/Xbox owners pretend their platforms aren't littered with handholdy and casualized games

Why.
Normal mode is training wheels, not cheat codes

I'm honestly hoping they just copy and paste the DS3 engine on top of everything. The butthurt would be legendary.

>firebombs

interesting way of spelling dung pies but i'll take it

Firebombs are actually cheaper, faster and you can what you're doing.

But beating those twinking fuckers was the best thing ever.

Look at it this way.

You can either have..

A: The difficulty of the game is lowered overall so it becomes accessible to anyone, therefore removing any possible challenge for anyone who wanted a challenge

OR

B: The game retains the same level of difficulty that it is famous for, but also including a completely optional mode which helps those who aren't as skilled at video games or just suck.

Yeah. I'm gonna go with B.

Or they could just not include that mode at all? The game doesn't need to have training wheels...nobody accomplished anything significant by putting training wheels on and pretending to feel good about life.

I'm sorry if this sounds elitist but I cant stand when notoriously difficult games get gutted in favor of "accessibility". If you cant find the patience in you to muster the skills necessary to complete the game then play another game.

it has easymode it also have hard mode, the best thing is that every build and weapon chancges difficulty slightly. when you shoot arrows to first dragons tail you can get really good earlygame sword and it makes game bit easier

>B: The game retains the same level of difficulty that it is famous for, but also including a completely optional mode which helps those who aren't as skilled at video games or just suck.
>Yeah. I'm gonna go with B.

How about no and those people go play something they enjoy instead

How about focusing that energy and time on something worthwhile on both ends.

Literally everyone does the drake sword thing.
Less people know that the spooky scary skellies guard top tier gear not even a minute from the firelink shrine

>what are offline npc summons

how about being inclusive.

how about realizing there are literally dozens of people who'd benefit from this and no one who'd lose anything.

You don't need to make something that appeals to everyone. What's next Dark Souls blind person mode?

>what are new players killing knight solaire and lautrec

>how about being inclusive
Dark Souls is one of the least inclusive games you can play and NPCs openly make fun of quitters

>how about realizing there are literally dozens of people who'd benefit from this and no one who'd lose anything.

Dark Souls isn't something people would magically like more if it were easier.

People still fucking hate Dark Souls 2 because of ADP and Soul Memory even though both can be bypassed with or without modding.

So obviously removing them won't make them like the game either. Same with Dark Souls 3 being linear and having shit DLC. Even if you improved these something else would be making those people stop playing.

There's trying to improve the game, and then there's mindless pandering; which is what you're doing.

difficulty is one of the main parts of dark souls. It's not even that hard. You can summon. You can Kindle Bonfires, You can grab some really good gear early. By the time you beat Gargoyles, You've got the general Idea of the game down. Easy Mode goes against the whole idea. It's like making Dead Rising without a time limit.

Meh, why not? I don't give a shit anymore. I played it enough already. They can fuck the entire Switch version up all they want.

Dark souls getting an easy mode would defeat the whole point of the game.
Oh wait, Magic...

they are stupid