Do you "beat" games or "complete" them?

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/alex4klein
twitter.com/AnonBabble

beat

OCDfags rage when they watch me play

i'll ignore treasure and items and shit. lmao

you finish them

I complete them, but I'm not an OCD fag. Let people play how they want, you know?

When I was a kid we used to say we "clocked" them

stop lying retard

Depends if I like it enough

you platinum them, pleb

I do everything I can within reason to beat the game. I'm not going to start spending more time on random shit than the actual game though.

Beat them. It sounds a little silly for some types of games, but I've always said it.

Finish or beat, I rarely feel like completing a game.

the only thing i beat is my dick hahahahah!!!!!!

autism

i beat ur mom

Depends on the game.

Some games I just want to beat so I can feel like I got my money’s worth.

Some I want to “complete” because I like the gameplay and/or community

Personally I beat games, completion-ism is a tier of Autism above my level.

dad i thought you were dead

I usually try to reasonably do everything major in a game like if there is multiple ending or side quests ill do as many as i can. Getting all collectibles depends on the game. Ill play through a game on different difficulties if I like the game enough and want to go through it again. Overall, just depends on the game and what its asking me to do. I have a limit as to how far ill go for a virtual checkmark and if its clearly a waste of time with no fun challenge I dont bother.

>getting your money's worth is autistic

i bet you're american

"beating" a game is toxic masculinity. Why does a game need to be an adversarial challenge that you have to conquer? That's a very problematic way of approaching the world, and it causes people like Donald Trump to be elected. "Completing" a game on the other hand is a much better example for my wife's son.

I've gotten my moneys worth by beating the game you autist.

>doing tedious garbage like collecting 100 hidden red flasks is getting your money's worth

dude stop

i play on the highest setting almost exclusively. trophy notifications are hidden cuz that shit's pointless

nobody cares

but not your FULL money's worth you cuck

I have fun, and stop playing when they stop being fun. So I complete some, beat some, and drop some.

Do you always clean your plate at restaurants, even if some of the side dishes aren't tasty?

I win em

he finishes every crumb of food

dude's pushing 400 pounds

>start reading a choose your own adventure novel
>read through to a couple of different endings
>decide not to read any more
>triggers some random autistic kid
lel

yes, i do. why wouldn't i? even if it doesnt taste that great i'm going to eat it as i paid for it. there is energy and nutrition to be gained even if the taste is bad.

the same is with optional collectibles and side content in games. sometimes it is a bit of a grinf, the sense of achievement and satisfaction of full completion is overall complimentary to the overall experience.

Idk op do you suck "dicks" or "cocks"?

i bet you leave sandwich crusts

>if I don't collect every single feather, then I won't be able to see that one cutscene that I could just look up on youtube, and then I'll have wasted my money!
I'm glad I don't have this mental illness

this is why you wear XXL shirts and women dont want to be around you

maturity is not a mental illness

i'm 140lbs

i dont collect every feather and then i proceed to never watch the cutscene

i also dont give a single fuck about good endings

I "100%" them you fucking fag

>maturity is not a mental illness
No, but your crippling OCD sure is, and your niggardly approach to worth probably stems from one too.

I'm gonna make a game where all you do is collect thousands of little doodads. They'll all be hidden behind illusory walls with absolutely no indication that they might be nearby. You'd love it. You'll get thousands of hours of playtime in exchange for your $60.

>OCDfaggotry

found the virgin

niggardly isn't a racist word

it's just old as fuck and fallen out of use

yeah man I'd love another spyro game thanks.

ive unironically thought about that as well

id make it absolutely fucking satanic to get the good ending. arbitrary as fuck

no quicksaving or shit like that

and if you reload mid clip you lose the remaining ammo

i rape them

I'm about to go cum inside my hot brown girlfriend's pussy actually

>fanfiction

>hot brown
Fuck, now you've gone and made me hungry

I open them and look at the menu for 30 seconds and then close them and go to bed.

it's made better by the fact you don't believe it. I'm living a life that's too good to be believed.

nah i believe you im just joking

delete this post

Beat shoot em ups and arcade style games. Complete more narrative focused games.

beat them!

If you like hot brown food then I suggest making meatballs with a sauce in the crock pot! It's easy!

>not removing them prior to serving

why are you so entheusaisatic

you finish a book, you beat a game

Why can't you spell?
The sandwich in the image I posted is called a Hot Brown. Meatballs does sound good right now though. I should really get something to eat. Maybe I'll make some carbonara.

Yep, this. "Completing" most games these days just boils down to checking off a list of trophies/achievements where you have to collect a bunch of crap. Screw that.

I do everything there is but I sure as fuck won't gather irrelevant things that were placed randomly to give retards something to do so the game seems longer to them.

This

Beat, completing games 99.99999999999999% of the time is shitty filler that isn't fun. If reviewers were required to add the 100% completion of games in their reviews, I am certain most games would get a 6/10.

i sperged at the keyboard and left it in due to it being funny

games have almost always been that way

i much prefer games like kane & lynch. all action. no extra bullshit. no audio logs text logs or collectibles

Collectibles are a disease plaguing singleplayer games, and achievements/trophies certainly didn't help to cure that shit.

>i sperged at the keyboard and left it in due to it being funny
it did make me laugh when I said it out loud

other kids in my class used to say this too.

I'll only "complete" a game if you can tell that the devs put thought and love into their side-quests/missions, which is practically never. In this day and age sidemissions are only there to pad your gametime, so reviewers can say its "20 hours of content*".

are you british or something

>he doesnt enjoy collecting 20 boar hides

cringe

I beat good games and complete great games.

I do both.

>be me
>get to last dungeon
>stop opening chests because I know the game is ending soon and I won't need that shit

You clock em.

I conquer them

When I was a kid with no money, a handful of games, and lots of time, i always completed them. Now i work and study, so i actually end up rushing through games or playing some mindless shooter.

I beat them trying to get the most of the areas I'm into at the time.

I rarely go back to it to complete it tho. So if just beating the game is 50% then I'll go to 75 or 80

is this a meme or what

A lot of games technically have infinite content nowadays so you 'beat' it once you have gotten your fill of it.

Can you beat a game if you don't complete it?

Complete
And I don't mean shitty casual achievement lists that just force you to grind or to collect a bunch of garbage. I mean completions where the game demands you to master it fully.
Beat long and extremely challenging levels without dying once? Sure. True feats that only about a 100 people in the world got? Sign me the fuck up. I don't care if I have to see myself practicing for a hundred hours just to complete one of these tasks.
How can you have fun if there is no challenge, and how can you feel rewarded without having to overcome a real obstacle?

epic

Yes.

please let me suck your balls master

It's not, when I was a kid people said it all the time, though I grew up in australia.

If I like them very much and if it isn't too time consuming, I 100% them. psnprofiles.com/alex4klein
If i just like them i just complete them 1 time
If they are shit (like any western RPG) i drop them.

>australians say stupid shit while sounding incredibly stupid

oyy matey that's so shocking crikey

>beat
Finished the main story
>complete
Got all sidequests/collectables/trophies/whatever, 100% completion with nothing left to do in the game

did you just link your psn profile on Sup Forums

Are you cute?

>americans are stupid
>period

I beat games, around 80 at this point, but there is only one i've ever completed and that's Metroid Prime.

I do neither.
I experience them.
Get mad.

>no period

I beat them, then complete them if at least one of the following is true:
-Completing them is actually fun/challenging
-it would take just a pittance of additional effort to complete

Do you complete your gf?

yea, i played with some pretty chill guys from Sup Forums

she said i fill her out completely

what about u

It's 'fill her up' esl bro. 'fill her out' doesn't make sense.

I glass them

>not sacrificing finished games to the gods for a bountiful harvest
lol