Give me your honest opinion of this game

Give me your honest opinion of this game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=__QdAxqBi5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=8HKvvnErPgM
youtube.com/watch?v=TRV48bV6T-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lacks end-game content by normal Monster Hunter standards but the QoL fixes are great

I hope they build on this game.

first game in a long time I played all day and went to sleep wanting to play more.

newfag so I know my opinion means next to nothing but I'm enjoying it. Not really sure what I'm working towards though, and the hitboxes are dreadful with some monsters.

Unironically this.
Haven't had this much fun with a videogame in a long time.

Can’t stop playing it. First game in a long, long time I ache to play when doing other things. Afraid of a lack of endgame I keep hearing about, but so far it is an easy 10

Lacks an endgame. If the free DLC updates aren't consistent and don't provide anything or substantial, then I fear that Capcom will lose most of its new international playerbase too quickly. Western normies are pretty fickle gamers.

While true, they do have plans to unroll some of the monsters from previous games that weren't included, down the line. They wanted to space it out so ALL the content was 100% run through like a month after release.

They do have plans though. I saw someone lying about how they won't be doing any dlc or anything and a lot of people believed him. Don't know why, it was just a picture of some random text of someone typing " there will be no further dlc or added monsters "

200 hours in and still only have 7 crowns, fucking horse shit game. Crown rates weren’t even close to this bad in any other MH.

I'm over a hundred hours in and I'm still having fun. Although the fuckers who keep using slicing ammo and interrupting my big combo need to have their worthless throats slit.

It's shit. After 120 hours i've done everything.
Add PvP or it's dead.

I love finally be able to enjoy this game on something other than a handheld. My only problem is seeing other people play the game and feel like I'm fucking around too much.

I have about 60 hours into the game and I haven't fought Negrigante yet. I know it's not a race but it's still in the back of my mind.

As far as MHs go it's middle of the pack

There's really no need to worry since everyone will either be grinding or going on a hiatus until the Deviljho DLC anyway.

I'm in the same situation, user. I'm already scratching the 70h mark and I'm still clearing out all the other HR monsters before facing Nergy. Just joining SOS while farming HR sets is fun.

>pvp
>in fucking Monster Hunter

Please be a bait post.

Great game overall even though people say it lacks content. So many options like learning a new weapon that's not your main. Great choice by Capcom making it more casual to bring in more fans, and it seems to be working. They will probably release Monster Hunter World: Super Ultra Arcade Ultimate EX Hyper United Unify Edition to satisfied everyone in the end.

This. Every purchase of 2017 was bad for me this is first game I'm thinking of while I'm not playing it and I missed this feeling

I think by the time the dlc is finished dropping it'll be among the best in the series but it's currently somewhat short on content.

Still a fantastic game and probably will be my GOTY.

Is this true? Only 70 hours give or take to get to G rank?

Lack of G rank makes it pretty boring.

Great. Big step up from the previous and first MH game I played, which was MH3U

Fighting braindead ai gets tiring, i want challenge. All these maps would be cool for some battle royale.

Which BGM is the best? This one is my favorite of all time. Bring tears to my eyes sometime.

youtube.com/watch?v=__QdAxqBi5Y

120 hours and HR 60. It's fun but every hunt being a multi monster hunt is annoying when you're farming mats.

The tempered system fucking sucks and makes grinding anything other than tempered elder dragons pointless. The town and online are fucking garbage, they have the power to make the town bigger and they just make it as inconvenient as possible with the fast travel requiring you to spend 20 seconds to run over to it and the gathering hall serving no purpose.

And there are way too many fucking reskins for a roster this small. We didn't need a second fucking uragaan jesus christ

I enjoy the game, but I don't really like how scout flies tell you where everything is.
I don't like how everything auto crafts for you either.

It's hard to give a final opinion on the game considering they said they plan on adding more to it, and we don't know their plans for G-rank yet, which is where all the endgame content is.
This happens with every MH. They release the base game introducing new stuff, and then expand on it with the G-rank release. 4 launched with around 50 monsters, and the 4U launched with over 100 and had DLC monsters.
We'll just have to see how they handle DLC monsters, and whether or not they plan to add G-rank as DLC or relaunch the game again like they've done with every other MH. If they release monsters on a regular basis, and add G-rank as DLC instead of having to buy the game twice then world could end up being one of the best MH games.
Until then it sits in the position of every other MH game that doesn't have G-rank, good but lacking endgame.

I beat nergigante and now I'm bored. 4u's story was honestly more interesting and I wish mhworlds still had guild quests on the side.

>would be cool for some battle royale
literally kill yourself

the special arena is nice but then you lose out extra shit from investigation

this is pretty much spot on, the game is basically over once you hit HR50 because all youll be doing is farming tempered elders

>40 hour of farming tempered monsters
>best decoration I've got is one constitution
PLEASE JUST PLEASE END IT

It isn't really my type of game. It feels so grindy and pointless.

you can save scumming it farm
it is a bit time consuming but it is doable

How?

Pros:
No bullshit hitboxes if you say Nerg you're fucking shite
Weapons feel reasonably balanced
Good selection of quests to do and only about 3 egg quests
Armour looks fantastic
Bazelgeuse's music is possibly my favourite in the series
Skills are much better now

Cons:
Easier than previous MH games bar Generations
Not enough end game monsters, anything that would be considered an 8* quest
Some weapons don't look as fun as older games
Decorations grind is a worse charms grind

I'd give it an 8/10 maybe a 7. It's great but it's missing truly hard or at least end game fights. You'd only need to put in raging Brachydios, Fatalis and Rajang and now it's a proper roster.

If it gets G rank and roughly 3 times the monsters it currently has through DLC it will be amazing.
As it is right now it's your typical no G rank tutorial/demo.

>Weapons feel reasonably balanced
AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

i assume that you have psn+

save the game, upload the save file.
then meld decoration (the game will save automatically so that why you need to upload it b4hand), if you have good shit then keep playing

if you get bad shit, then you download the save you uploade, HAVE TO GO ON 1 MORE QUEST and then meld
because the meld decoration outcome is seeded so even if you just reload the same decoration gonna come out

it is time consuming desu because the load time is kinda shit, but if you just sick of farming then you can try this method

>make charm in workshop and can upgrade
>but now decoration is a fucking RNG grind fest

it's like 1 step forward and 3 steps backward

Lack of content but the main gameplay is fun. Love finally not having to play on a handheld, but hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE the fucking unskippable cutscenes, annoying NPCs, persistent tutorials, general casualization, shitty multiplayer, armor design, how armor skills work, etc. etc. etc.
It's a fun game, but it feels like there's no reason to play it over the other titles that have more shit to do in them and aren't afraid to be over the top.

Why should I buy this game if it doesn't have G rank? At this point it's literally a tech demo tutorial

Best SOULS game so far

That makes sense, I got the constitution jewel from melding a worn feystone so I assume that's better than tempered quests

What's wrong with what I said? Do you remember how hammers were the shit in FU? IG in 4U? There's nothing that bad in this game and you can play with basically anything for only a small difference in time.

>I don't like how everything auto crafts for you either.

>Weapons feel reasonably balanced
I don't know if you're talking about weapon type in particular, but nerg weapons shit all over everything else it's absolutely dumb.

What's there is good, but then there's a severe lack of content and practically no endgame. It's mediocre, with more stuff to kill it could be great. But as it stands it feels like I paid full price for a demo. Then there's minor things like cutscenes being unskippable, and interrupt the multiplayer experience, since you have to accept the quest then watch all the cutscenes by yourself before you are allowed to do multiplayer.

diablos shits on narg for like half the weapons as do a few vaal ones

What recent title has launched with this much shit in it? lol

Thought you meant the weapon trees were balanced

>western fans finally got to feel what's like to be japanese MH fans and they didn't like it

kek, this is classic capcom horse shit that they have been doing to the japs for years when it come to MH games

they did it for gen not sure why you think this is new

Nintendies are used to eating shit though

>but I don't really like how scout flies tell you where everything is.
yeah that what's i thought at first but then i remember the maps has like 17 fucking zones and some of the quests only last 15 mins (investigation). spending half of that time running around hoping to find the monster is agitating

>it is time consuming
No shit. You might as well blast apart a tempered loser for 6 minutes and get 2-5 decorations.

GIVE ME MY FUCKING NERG GEM ALREADY

It's way too short, and people who claim you can play this for 100+ hours when you have beaten every monster and beaten the story after 40 hours are lying assholes.

I just meant in general, so weapon types rather than specific weapons. Nerg shits all over everything else because what you're probably farming is weak to dragon. That's not true for absolutely everything but it is a fair amount of the time and apparently elemental damage is still shit for slower weapons. Also they cocked up the raw damage on stuff like the Xeno hammer.

Nah I mean every games got that one branch that's far better than anything else it can't be expected for like a Tobi-Kadachi lightning DB to outdamage the Nerg one just because one is harder to get.

There's no weapon I don't think you just can't use. Maybe the HH just because you're either playing songs and not doing damage or knocking your group over and they're not doing damage.

Weird design choices like how gathering hall is not mandatory for multi and how awkward it is to do assignments together. Zorah magdaros also sucks ass. Other than that love it to death 88 hours in still trucking

I don't care about "recent" or "not recent," and that aside I'm talking about in the context of Monster Hunter as a whole, not video games as a whole. As it stands, MHXX has more content, isn't bogged down with useless crap, and still has plenty of online activity, more than 150 DLC quests, and the list goes on and on. Some padding, sure, but what game doesn't have that?

it is a bit different because XX never come to the west in any shape or form, and im glad gen fucking failed so at least they learn not to pull that shit

but turn out xx didn't come and now with MHW is a success this is what you gonna have for future

For the first game of the generation it's great.
>removed pickaxes, bug nets, paintballs, areas that require hot or cold drinks
>monster mats are stored separately from your regular inventory
>crafting is 100% success rate removing the need for combo books
>areas are huge thus necessitating the scout flies, but monsters still have preferred hang outs so after learning the map the flies are unnecessary
>alpha and beta armor system

My only complaint is the weapon design is lazy. Every weapon sans elder dragons, Rathian, and Anjanath are the iron or bone weapon with some scales thrown on.

It may offer a ton of combat in comparison to most modern triple A games on the market, but when it comes actual Monster Hunter games then yes, it's sort of a barebones entry.

Not as bad as Monster Hunter Tri, but certainly up there.

Sounds like it would be worth it to buy it on sale or wait for a G rank version.
A lot of content usually sprinkles over in their dlc and nobody wants to wait months for that.

>hunt teostra the whole day
>finally get a fucking gem
>do kushy after because I need one webbing
>4 gems, one carve three rewards
>no webbing

I had beaten the story of 4u after like 50ish hours and I played around 250 or so.

best theme
youtube.com/watch?v=8HKvvnErPgM

non meme version youtube.com/watch?v=TRV48bV6T-Y

>it's shit
>played over 100 hours of the game

So many choices were designed around pure laziness. Blade and Gunner armor was combined so they would need to make less sets. 3/4 of the weapons being the same model so they wouldn't need to make as many armor sets. Village and Guild being combined so they would only need to make half as much content.

They should have kept the guild and village split and just cut out the fucking early game filler. Instead we got a game where multiplayer is pointless because everything scales down to solo. Except for Arena quests which is completely fucked in its own way because you cant use SOS for arena and everyone uses SOS instead of lobbies because the online is fucking retarded

they made this game for pussies

bitch you aint tried to rotate the camera with a d-pad while a half dozen bullfangos charge you and three vespoids take turns paralyzing you and a plesioth chain hipchecks you and you manually aim a paintball by facing your character at the monsters hitbox and you have to make a decision whether to waste an item slot bringing a map with you or not

>For the first game of the generation it's great.

the problem of this is you gonna open the option for capcom to jew and milk the shit out of their customers for better version so to speak
i honestly having no doubt g rank gonna be paid dlc. the extra quests and stuff still gonna be free like old games but g rank is prob 20 bucks dlc or more

G rank used to be a whole other game, we'd be getting off easy with 20 bucks dlc.

is it just me or is the server not connecting for online play now?

It happened with Tri, it's nothing new.

Not him but I would rather pay $20 for G rank than pay $60 for World Ultimate.

Just needs a larger monster roster and maybe a new island. Feels like there aren't enough hunting grounds atm.

Other than that its fun.

>but g rank is prob 20 bucks dlc or more

It's more likely that G rank is going to be split into chunks so they can sell it for $100.

>everyone says nerg/blos weapons are the best
>nerg/blos HBG can't load slicing

Checkmate atheists

Would love an ice map. Really odd there isn't one. Would also like a map sort of like the steppe from 4. Not exactly a forest but a very cool "plains" area with ruins and such. Minus the huge as fuck rock wall

>monster hunter game finally has good controls
>waaaaah this game is for babbies now

they aren't talking about your casual shitter weapon retard

I know, that was pretty much the standard practice in japan

True but i give it a softer pass since tri was on wii but then 3u jump onto 3ds with a 2 years gap, we also never got Portable 3rd
What they did with x and xx was truly top fucking jew

>first time fighting nerg
>break both horns
>end up triple carting because I kept falling for the same shit
>in my reward box is a horn and a gem

at least it made finishing his weapon line super easy for me

I'm sorry I can't hear you over all the hunts I'm carrying with muh kodachi lion, shitter

>join an SOS to fight xeno
>the retard GS cart 3 times because he somehow doesn't understand the body slame explostion move

>post yfw Bazel dive bombs your ass

Untapped, unpolished potential. Same as it was 14 years ago, except they've added in a bunch of gay shit.

XX will definitely see an international release on the switch now that the franchise has gained western recognition thanks to World.

As a die-hard who has played every single game in this franchise (MHO/MHF as well, as mediocre as they were), this game honestly cuts so much bullshit out and plays so fucking well that it's difficult to spend time with its flaws. And honestly, the little dumb shit like catching spiders and putting them in my room or getting literal random rare gathering items that have huge impacts, as well as having my cat talk to random monsters in the wild are welcome additions that have sealed this as, at worst, one of the best MH titles.

However, the cutscenes are so unforgivably terrible that I legitimately could never say this is "The Best" by merit of Low Rank being a goddamn film with some hunting inside of it. I have never hated a game I loved as much as this game because LMAO DIALOGUE UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENE DIALOGUE DIALOGUE DIALOGUE UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENE between EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN STORY HUNT. Getting into High Rank was a breath of fresh air, but if they eventually make MHW:G and force us to go through this bullshit again, I will genuinely be forced to consider buying it or not, because I never want to go through Low Rank ever again.

wish souls faggots would just go back to their game

I'm having fun.

Doujins of the handler fucking when!?

you know what make me furious is how capcom acted
at first they said they weren't sure about the switch potential so they didn't port it, which ok i guess. although really doesn't make any sense because by the time it come out in japan (september 2017) the switch has been doing pretty damn well

what make me fucking mad is for some reason the fucking koreans got a XX release on their switch debut in november, and they have sold for like 100K unit max over there since then compared to millions in the west
and not to mention half the fucking game which was X already localized, fucking capcom

There are two blank spaces on the World map that scream "future DLC zones."

The giant open plains northwest from the Ancient Forest, and the giant island on the southeastern corner of the map that's adjacent to Wildspire Wastes.

fpbp

theres hot drinks so an ice level is bound to happen

Repetitive boss rush grind