youtube.com/watch?v=GSZT-kO4TDs
youtube.com/watch?v=_UtKQ4InhUE
youtube.com/watch?v=ki0BHlCM870
youtube.com/watch?v=8x1R5f3EEBk
youtube.com/watch?v=n3nYwTSkr0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6fDpZAVSI
youtube.com/watch?v=P1Md2ODg-0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the drop rate for the sword of kings and is it even worth it?

Is mother 4 dead?

It's basically black mesa at this point, except with way less hype

why were starmen so underutilized? They had a neat design and a good place in the story, but they appear like twice story-wise in the games and are just a regular enemy in a few other parts. They're never even really explained

1/128

it's super dead my nigger. rebranded that shit at the slightest bit of nintendo getting uppity after AM2R. they literally had nothing to worry about, but did it anyways. shane also left the team and that was a whole autistic thing. nearly 10 years of development, for nothing. you should see the starmen thread for the game. that shit died so quick it's not even funny. someone posts there like, every 3 months now and that's it.

HE'S A STAAAARMAAAAAN

>neat design

they look like shit

Who were they supposed to be?

So that is the power of autism.

yup, basically

Both halves of Claus's soul.

representations of the robo side and human side of Claus respectively. knowing how Itoi planned originally to make the game even more depressing, I have no idea how this would have factored in

>shane also left the team
he came back tho

how do you know that

>representations of the robo side and human side of Claus respectively
That's real hammy

no

where did you obtain this information

Fuck you

All the enemies looked like shit.

oh, so it was supposed to be even more dumb?

>ghost of starman and its cohort blocks the way!
>ghost of starman uses PSI starstorm omega!
>ness to 450 damage!
>paula took mortal damage!
>jeff took mortal damage!
>poo took mortal damage!
>the nuclear robot replenished a fuel supply
>the ghost of starman's HP was maxed out!

the itoi stuff was from some interview, the robo/humanity stuff was just what i figured

It's true though, they have a godawful design.

link/source for the interview?

It's not worth it. Even with it, Poo is the worst party member.
They utilize them well endgame. The problem is in both Earthbound Zero and Earthbound, you fight Starman Jr. and then go a really long time without fighting another one.

>poo is the worst party member
I haven't played this shitty game in a decade, but wasn't he the one with the strongest PSI moves?

He had PK Starstorm. Other than that, Ness kicked his ass left and right with PK Rockin'.

Technically, but he has a pitiful PP pool and Paula and Ness learn PSI Freeze Omega and Rockin Omega respectively which are just as strong.

PSI starstorm

23 mana cost

poo has 100 mana atlowest completion level.

not surprised that poo is shit

>this shitty game
fuck off

when are you guys going to accept that it's a fucking garbage rpg only remembered for its wackyness xdddd

the best scenario

I've played a lot of games that aren't necessarily good, but as long as they have one aspect I really enjoy, I still find them fun.

don't have it, but i'm not the type to make up random bullshit. i just know that itoi was definitely not doing so hot during the development of Earthbound 64, and something regarding that probably will give you the source you're looking for.

Wow, look at this literal child trying to fit in. Do you also call things reddit when they're not and say JRPG's are shit while you guzzle down whatever Dungeons & Dragons game comes out?

webcitation.org/6SFkzANUj?url=http://www.nindori.com/interview/m3/m3int_07.html

I still long for the day Earthbound 64 somehow leaks its way onto the internet, I want to play that shit so bad

>We will never know what the original story for M64 was
>No book or even a quick paragraph to go over the differences

Took me about 2 hours and grinded a shit ton in the meantime. Not that bad really.

>9 years old
>Just finished Earthbound
>First RPG I ever finished so it was a pretty big deal
>Start having dreams about going on adventures like Ness
>Next weekend, I grab a broken chair leg we had out in the shed, my backpack, a bunch of sandwiches and juice boxes, $20 or so in loonies and toonies that I put in a sock and tied to my belt because I'm obviously going to need money for this adventure
>While my parents aren't looking, I run away
>Make it as far as the park across the street before it gets cold and I go back home

Dumb kids shouldn't play games

>Not getting all the kids on the playground to play video game adventures with you

oh fuck off. Earthbound is tedious, filled with flat and shitty characters, padded with a pretentious story, and to top it off, has one of the most mediocre battle systems ever made.
People will forever only care about this game because of its "wacky randomness that you just can't get anywhere else!!!" and nothing else

I think I was the only one there.

>Pretentious
>Earthbound
?

>, padded with a pretentious story
>Hey Ness go stop this bad guy
>Pretentious

Nigger, I saw your pretentious shitposting in a previous thread not even 2 days ago.

>urr durr giygas is this big god of destruction, please stop him ness, you are the prohecized hero. By the way, talk about life and contemplate evil and other meaningless bullshit along the way just so the game can look deep
>two people can't have the same opinions
grow up

>By the way, talk about life and contemplate evil and other meaningless bullshit along the way just so the game can look deep
When does Ness talk about life? When does Ness talk?

Not only does it have a fantastic design, but you also chug penis

A Link to the Past is very pretentious I agree.
I was hoping for an actual argument and not just more shitposting. Oh well

Pic related explains it down to a T.

it happens in the scene right after he mating presses paula

the zelda series is indeed fucking pretentious bullshit for millennial retards.

>FF fags come in and ruin the thread
as expected

>be a kid
>play
What was the problem here? The only flaw is that you pussied out and didn't keep exploring.

>pussied out and didnt freeze to death
what a faggot, am i right?

>Implying
Ghost of Starman does a countdown. If it took you longer than 3 turns to kill him, you suck at RPGs.

Fuzzy Pickles.

I probably wouldn't have frozen to death. It was a pretty nice day.

You know, "Neighbors are assholes" seems to be the general rule for the majority of video games

I'm responding to you because I feel genuinely sad that you went through the effort of posting this and won't get anyone else to reply to you.

oh, then you are a pussy.

almost every time i fought him he did starstorm off the bat.

Poo was heavy artillery but if you packed brain food lunches you could spam Starstorm all you wanted. Meanwhile Paula had a huge PP pool but couldn't replace it easily because PP restoring items were quite rare.

paula is best mother girl.

Oh yeah, you're right. He does open up with starstorm. But I think he's reliably slower than Paula and Poo, so you can reliably open up with PSI Shield Gamma to reflect it back to him.

Do you mean Kumatora?

I thought that being able to order pizza as a healing item was just the absolute coolest fucking thing as a kid.

I wish the delivery man was able to deliver it anywhere because I think that would have been pretty funny.

Post favorite track from the seires

youtube.com/watch?v=0gFObV7lF9o

Do you mean Ana?

>le pink haired edgy dyke
no thanks

>le mary sue

no, thanks

its just so comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=8DgcOvvJ4E4

shit wrong one
youtube.com/watch?v=saVZRj1qiKw&t=80s

This song always reminded me of a movie called Mirror Mask.

>kumatora
>not a mary sue
her backstory is fucking fanfic tier. at least paula was relatable as a kid.

This one is funky, Mother 3 version is way more comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=bMAxxbGe8iE

I think you'll like this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=GSZT-kO4TDs

I can agree with you about her backstory, not gonna lie, but kumatora at least have some personality, Paula seems really shallow throught the story

eh. i never really liked the GBA sound chip. just personal preference i guess.

Winters

youtube.com/watch?v=_UtKQ4InhUE

>You will never get to see her and Ness live out the happy ending they earned

It's ok, personally, i wish Earthbound was made on the Mega Drive for its chipsound, it comes to personal preference

>PSI Shield Gamma to reflect it back to him.
That is literally what you're supposed to do.

i've meant sound chip, wtf did i just type

You typed chipsound.

kids can often be seen as shallow if youre looking for some deep personality. i dont think thats what earthbound was trying to do with her.

You didn't type that, your phone did, you useless nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=ki0BHlCM870
>No Mother Symphony to provide live performances of the Mother series' music

>knowing how Itoi planned originally to make the game even more depressing,
Why did he have to puss out? Do you think Nintendo forced him? I'd kill to play N64 Mother 3.

Yes? That's what I said? Why did you feel the need to reply to that?

It's cliche, but I have to go with Smiles and Tears.
youtube.com/watch?v=8x1R5f3EEBk

I'm on dektop, i guess i'm just sleepy

Porky gets the best battle themes

youtube.com/watch?v=n3nYwTSkr0Q

youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6fDpZAVSI

SMAAAASH!

I know this technically doesn't count but whatever.
youtube.com/watch?v=P1Md2ODg-0M

I used to play this one on a recorder, good times